March 28, 2024, 03:49:16 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151502 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2016, 09:19:06 PM »
Levi Garcia - AZ Alkmaar - A new beginning
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dcr85OA6Bs4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dcr85OA6Bs4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2016, 02:55:15 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/posts/10153833939330610

LEVI GARCIA DEBUTS FOR AZ ALKMAAR, ECLIPSES DWIGHT YORKE AS T&T’S YOUNGEST PLAYER TO COMPETE IN EUROPE: Levi Garcia became the youngest ‪#‎Trinidad‬ and ‪#‎Tobago‬ footballer to ever play in Europe’s top flight on Sunday. At 18 years and 65 day, Garcia breaks the record that was set by Dwight Yorke, who was 18 years and 141 days old when he made his debut for Aston Villa in the English top flight on 24 March 1990 against Crystal Palace

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2016, 03:35:33 AM »
Levi: Debut was dream come true.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National Under 20 midfielder Levi Garcia says that making his professional debut for Netherlands top flight club AZ Alkmaar in the Dutch Eredevisie has been a dream come through for him.

Garcia, who hails from Santa Flora entered the game wearing his number 28 shirt in the 68th minute in a 4-2 win over Feyeenord on the weekend. He eclipsed Dwight Yorke’s record of being the youngest T&T player to play in Europe.

“Making my debut was maybe the most important day in my life and my career,” Garcia said. “I was so excited that at one point I couldn’t believe it was actually happening. It was an amazing feeling and I would wish this could happen to any young boy who has dreams of being a professional footballer. I would tell any young man to go after his dreams,” he added.

Garcia said the advice from Alkmaar’s manager John van den Brom was to be himself on the pitch.

“The coach told me to just go on the field. No pressure. Play free and play your game. It was a big game for us so I was so excited but not afraid of the occasion or the challenge.

“My aim now is to be consistent and to stay in the first 18 for as many games as possible this season. I will be working to break into the first eleven and just try to keep getting better from there.

“The team is improving and doing well and I’m happy to be part of the set up. They have been taking care of me and it’s like a family here at the club. I couldn’t ask for more at this stage. Hopefully I can stay injury free and just keep improving and adding to my experiences as a player,” Garcia added.

AZ are currently tenth with 25 points on the 18-team table which is led by Ajax on 48 points.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2016, 03:44:50 PM »
Levi: Debut was dream come true.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National Under 20 midfielder Levi Garcia says that making his professional debut for Netherlands top flight club AZ Alkmaar in the Dutch Eredevisie has been a dream come through for him.

Garcia, who hails from Santa Flora entered the game wearing his number 28 shirt in the 68th minute in a 4-2 win over Feyeenord on the weekend. He eclipsed Dwight Yorke’s record of being the youngest T&T player to play in Europe.

“Making my debut was maybe the most important day in my life and my career,” Garcia said. “I was so excited that at one point I couldn’t believe it was actually happening. It was an amazing feeling and I would wish this could happen to any young boy who has dreams of being a professional footballer. I would tell any young man to go after his dreams,” he added.

Garcia said the advice from Alkmaar’s manager John van den Brom was to be himself on the pitch.

“The coach told me to just go on the field. No pressure. Play free and play your game. It was a big game for us so I was so excited but not afraid of the occasion or the challenge.

“My aim now is to be consistent and to stay in the first 18 for as many games as possible this season. I will be working to break into the first eleven and just try to keep getting better from there.

“The team is improving and doing well and I’m happy to be part of the set up. They have been taking care of me and it’s like a family here at the club. I couldn’t ask for more at this stage. Hopefully I can stay injury free and just keep improving and adding to my experiences as a player,” Garcia added.

AZ are currently tenth with 25 points on the 18-team table which is led by Ajax on 48 points.
It is the best possible piece of advice you have been given Levi Garcia by your Coach . to simply be yourself .<<< ... keep your head up and remain focus  young man . may god guide you along safely as you pursue your dream/s ... wishing you only the very best   / guidance  all the best  to you .

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »
Just subbed on and scored his first goal!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2016, 03:38:33 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia just scored his first goal in the Eredivisie for AZ Alkmaar against NEC three minutes after coming on as a substitute.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ielrWhL0_gA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ielrWhL0_gA</a>
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:05:35 PM by Tallman »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »
Superb!!!!!  Keep it up young gun and see u on the MNT soon!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia talks about scoring his first goal for AZ Alkmaar.
http://www.rtvnh.nl/sport/178888/garcia-had-gebeden-voor-een-goal

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »
Congrats Levi!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2016, 05:43:24 PM »
At age 18 years and 71 days, Levi Garcia is the second-youngest AZ Alkmaar Eredivisie goalscorer in history. Michel Vonk was 18 years, 40 days when he scored in 1986.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2016, 05:46:03 PM »
Well done! It's amazing to see that the coach has such faith in him.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2016, 05:54:57 PM »
Just realized that after Bateau and then debatably Hyland, Levi is 3rd in the list of TT players playing ball at the highest level ie going by the ranking of the UEFA leagues and making the assumption that these 3 above MLS/CA leagues.  Hyland club at the bottom of the Belgian 1st div so you could argue Levi is 2nd on the list...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2016, 06:33:37 PM »
Good movement and timing on his run... Slack ass defending though

Congratulations young man!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2016, 08:03:43 PM »
Have not viewed the goal yet. Merely read about it. However, as I extend my congrats to Levi and urge de Santa Flora massive to keep the noise level down tonight :devil:, I want to recognise amwood for his role in stewarding Levi during the preparatory months. :beermug: Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:51:43 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2016, 02:41:53 PM »
Have not viewed the goal yet. Merely read about it. However, as I extend my congrats to Levi and urge de Santa Flora massive to keep the noise level down tonight :devil:, I want to recognise amwood for his role in stewarding Levi during the preparatory months. :beermug: Stay tuned!

What??!!! No recognition for Sancho and Central??   :o  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2016, 03:02:38 PM »

What??!!! No recognition for Sancho and Central??   :o  :devil:

I think Dale Saunders accepted on their behalf.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2016, 06:25:17 PM »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2016, 11:30:25 AM »
Congratulations on your first goal young , nice interview also .
Btw this is my new favorite TnT player since latas eh .
To bad we didn't call this thread the Book of Levi !

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2016, 04:28:47 PM »
Gwan yute!! :salute:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2016, 04:43:15 PM »

No disrespect meant at all and truly...just curious.  What is it about Levi that makes him your new favorite T&T player since Latas?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2016, 04:58:58 PM »

No disrespect meant at all and truly...just curious.  What is it about Levi that makes him your new favorite T&T player since Latas?
Palos truthfully I've really only seen one grainy vid of him , and I could  and maybe  wrong but I think he's the one.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2016, 06:10:17 PM »

Palos truthfully I've really only seen one grainy vid of him , and I could  and maybe  wrong but I think he's the one.

Cool bro.  I honestly haven't seen him other than the odd clip.  However, he must have something for a Dutch team to take him.  From what I understand, Holland is arguably the best place for a young player to be from a development standpoint.  At least...that's how it used to be.

BTW....I've been hearing good things about his older brother too.

On the topic of favorite current T&T footballer...

I think Kevin Molino, barring injury, will go the furthest in his career.  He appears to be maturing off the field by paying attention to his body and nutrition.  That, aligned with his talent and a (hopefully) superior work ethic could take him very far in the game.

I think the most TALENTED footballer we currently have is Joevin Jones.  If he could improve in the other areas, he could be truly something.   But at age 24.....he need to get to that level soon if not already.  Football not waiting fuh anybody.

My favorite currently is Kenwyne Jones....if only for the amount of abuse he takes from fans and media yet where would we be without him?  He's not the kind of player I typically LOVE...like a Latas....silky smooth, skillful, etc.  But he's pretty much taken our team on his very borad shoulders and carried us....at a time when many...including myself....had their doubts.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:24:18 PM by palos »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2016, 07:25:52 PM »
Cool bro.  I honestly haven't seen him other than the odd clip.  However, he must have something for a Dutch team to take him.  From what I understand, Holland is arguably the best place for a young player to be from a development standpoint.  At least...that's how it used to be.

One of the reasons I am impressed with Levi emerging at AZ is that AZ was named as having the best youth academy in Holland in 2015. In a prior post, some years ago, discussing another player, I suggested Feyenoord as a choice destination (and Feyenoord has been quite accomplished in young player development). However, AZ's emergence has been noteworthy and for a player to come through and be fast-tracked to the First Team there is no minor accomplishment.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2016, 10:05:56 PM »

Appreciate the "Bligh" asylum...although we take absolutely no credit for what Levi has achieved thus far in Holland - the truth is - getting a player fit and sharp is nothing more than science and day to day benchmarking... However, what I do recall vividly are the conversations before, during, and after those sessions. We spoke constantly of becoming a "beast" physically and mentally - the goal was that when he returned for pre season he needed to make the type of impact that resulted in AZ seeing him as a player for today as opposed to "one for the future." I think he enjoyed being challenged, and he now understands what it means to operate at the "limit"...what I enjoy seeing is the impact he is having on allot of young players - reminds of the impact Dwight Yorke had on the generation around him. i hope Levi continues achieving his goals. Bless...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:07:42 PM by amwood »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2016, 07:35:20 AM »

On the topic of favorite current T&T footballer...

I think Kevin Molino, barring injury, will go the furthest in his career.  He appears to be maturing off the field by paying attention to his body and nutrition.  That, aligned with his talent and a (hopefully) superior work ethic could take him very far in the game.

I think the most TALENTED footballer we currently have is Joevin Jones.  If he could improve in the other areas, he could be truly something.   But at age 24.....he need to get to that level soon if not already.  Football not waiting fuh anybody.

My favorite currently is Kenwyne Jones....if only for the amount of abuse he takes from fans and media yet where would we be without him?  He's not the kind of player I typically LOVE...like a Latas....silky smooth, skillful, etc.  But he's pretty much taken our team on his very borad shoulders and carried us....at a time when many...including myself....had their doubts.

Excellent post palos.

Nuff respect to Kenwyne and how he leads this team.  We have not seen a leader like this for a national team since Clayton Morris in my opinion.

Garcia has truly surprised me, and i am so happy for him.  He is living his dream and his attitude seems to be on point. 
The only this i would disagree with you on is who is our best player.  I'm sticking with Molino.  That dude has it.  I hope he does well this season.  Jovein is our 2nd best player and honestly, i have Kevan George as the third.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2016, 04:06:18 PM »
Stephen Hart is my favorite warrior presently .Wish someone can cut him and his boys a paycheck once in a while .

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2016, 06:41:38 AM »
LISTEN: Levi Garcia talks to AZ Radio about the start of his professional career, and his dreams and aspirations.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IBhM9Bleawc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IBhM9Bleawc</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »
Levi has all the tools to be among the greatest of players one day.  I enjoy the blend of humility, confidence, and overall ability to conduct interviews in a sensible manner.  I know Sherwood shies away from credit but, the the player certainly seems well polished and I have to imagine some of that is down to guidance he received.  Hats off to all involved.  Levi is a beacon!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2016, 04:31:56 AM »
Hart keeping tabs on young Garcia
By JOEL BAILEY (Newsday).

STEPHEN HART, coach of the Trinidad and Tobago football team, is keeping tabs on midfielder Levi Garcia, as the 18-year-old embarks on a professional career in the Dutch Eredivisie with AZ Alkmaar.

Garcia has begun his stint at AZ Alkmaar with a goal in only his second game on Saturday, against NEC Breda. In the process, he became, at 18 years and 71 days, the second youngest player from the club to score in the Eredivisie, behind Michel Vonk (18 years and 40 days) in 1986.

In a recent interview Hart, when asked if Garcia will be part of his plans for the near future and if his performances will be monitored by the technical staff (including assistant coaches Hutson Charles and Derek King), replied, “we have seen all Levi’s games.” Hart added, “as a matter of fact we try and see all games our players are involved in.” Garcia is yet to play for the national men’s team, but he was a member of the national Under- 20 team who failed in their bid to qualify for the 2015 FIFA Under-20 World Cup.

Another midfielder who may be instrumental in Hart’s plans is Kevin Molino. The Orlando City playmaker is on the mend after sustaining a severe right knee injury last May.

Hart said, “I keep in touch with Kevin, he is recovering fine and working very hard.

“However I doubt he will be ready for March, having said that he may begin spot playing as early as March.” The men’s team will be involved in a pair of 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in March, against St Vincent/Grenadines. On March 25, both teams will clash in St Vincent and again, four days later, in Trinidad and Tobago.

However, they will not be participating in the Copa America tournament in the United States, scheduled for June, after a 1-0 defeat to Haiti in the qualifying play-off in Panama City, Panama on January 8.

As far as any practice games or training camps are concerned, between now and the St Vincent contests, Hart pointed out, “there are no FIFA international dates between now and March, which means we cannot get together officially and clubs are not obliged to release players. However, we will look into what is possible before March 25.”

About the relationship between the technical staff and TT Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams, Hart revealed, “we have all met with the president and he has assured us he will do everything in his power to make our experiences a positive one.

“I look forward to working closely with him and his team in our (forthcoming) games,” Hart ended.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2016, 02:52:16 AM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia opens the scoring for Jong AZ Alkmaar in a friendly game against Jong De Graafschap

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g5SlqrUvz-g&amp;start=11" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g5SlqrUvz-g&amp;start=11</a>

1]; } ?>