April 18, 2024, 11:15:10 PM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 152981 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #720 on: April 27, 2023, 11:42:59 AM »
I don't like that league style for Levi.
Even lower level teams in:
Italy, Germany, Spain, France (in that order) would be better for his growth.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 27, 2023, 02:37:04 PM »
I hear what yuh saying but on the other hand aek have a good chance of cl football next season. Hadda factor that in

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 28, 2023, 11:35:34 AM »
speaking of which -- Keston Julien played against Nicaragua? [forgive me, i forgetful like a typical trini].

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 28, 2023, 02:08:10 PM »
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/04/27/celtic-now-want-to-sign-25-year-old-compared-to-cristiano-ronaldo/

The comparison to cristiano is that he can jump real high.
That celtic link is being repeated all over. I don't like the Scottish league right now. I personally would love to see him in Spain. I think he can do the job in any league right now. As a winger though.
I wonder if he wants to play as a winger or continue at center forward?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:36:06 PM by Peong »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 01, 2023, 09:55:16 AM »
I did not see the game vs Panathanaikos. 0-0

Last week Montpellier from Ligue 1 offered 10 million euros but aek said no.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/aek-to-ochi-sti-monpelie-gia-livai-tosa-edosan-oi-galloi.10026202.html

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 02, 2023, 08:05:18 AM »
 :beermug: great news.  Make us forget about our former Toulouse star. anybody remember his name without search? [or only I getting Alzheimers] lol.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 02, 2023, 11:44:00 AM »
I wonder how much AEK values him at 🤔

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 02, 2023, 12:49:03 PM »
At the least 30 million Euros.

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 02, 2023, 05:36:01 PM »
For €30 million they'll have to keep him. They won't get that amount, 15-20 max

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 02, 2023, 09:06:18 PM »
An added complication is that his former club Beitar have rights to 40% of his transfer fee. AEK will want the fee to be high enough that they get a good return.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #730 on: May 05, 2023, 06:19:09 AM »
Celtic ‘set to battle FOURTEEN clubs’ for Levi Garcia as multiple scouts watch AEK Athens star in action.
By Jay Blakeway (thescottishsun.co.uk)

CELTIC reportedly face competition from as many as FOURTEEN other clubs for the signature of transfer target Levi Garcia.

SunSport exclusively revealed last week that the Hoops were interested in the services of the 25-year-old AEK Athens forward, with scouts sent to watch Garcia in action during his side’s 3-1 win over Olympiacos.

But it sounds like manager Ange Postecoglou will have his work cut out for him if he is to secure the signature of the 25-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international.

According to Greek football outlet Sportime, Celtic were not alone when scouting the attacker for a second time.

They counted the Scottish Premiership champions as one of 15 European outfits who sent representatives to watch the impressive Garcia during his team’s derby draw with Panathinaikos.

Other clubs rumoured to be interested in the 18-goal frontman include Lazio, Stuttgart, Lille, Bordeaux and Slavia Prague.

He may have not found the net against his city rivals, but he scored in the three games prior and also has six assists to his name this term.

Standing at 6ft tall, the powerful left-sided hitman, who can play as a striker or off the right-hand, has lead AEK Athens to joint-top of the Greek Super League.

Garcia cost the capital outfit £1.9m when he moved from Beitar Jerusalem back in 2020, and has two years left on his current contract.

He is also a regular starter for his country, scoring eight goals in 36 appearances for the Trinidad and Tobago national team.

It would not be the first time Postecoglou has recruited from the Greek market, with the boss making former Hoops striker Georgios Giakoumakis one of his first signings.

Garcia could be a replacement for current Celtic winger Liel Abada, with uncertainty looming over the Israeli’s future at the club.

Abada cost the Hoops £3.6m when he signed from Maccabi Petah Tikva last summer.

But he has been linked with a move away from Glasgow with interest from Southampton, Ajax, Benfica and Crystal Palace.

The 21-year-old has mostly been used as a substitute by his boss this season despite being a regular in the side last season, making 41 appearances in all competitions.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 06, 2023, 07:07:02 AM »
Don't know if he will work under Sarri methodical teamwork-centric style, his strength and jumping would be an asset though
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 06, 2023, 08:46:35 AM »
Italy have real racist taunting. I eh like dat atmosphere

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 08, 2023, 03:04:38 PM »
Levi was not in the squad because of high fever. Aek won and only need 1 pt from the final game to secure the title.

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 08, 2023, 06:29:28 PM »
A loss will win them the title as well on goal difference. Panathaniakos would need them to lose by 16+ goals plus win their game.  Unless there's match fixing I think it's almost impossible for them to mess this one up

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 11, 2023, 01:12:27 PM »
Nope  they need a draw apparently its head to head tie breaker

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 11, 2023, 01:51:37 PM »
Panathanaikos won one 2-1, AeK won the other 1-0 and the other two matches they played drew 0-0. So head to head won't factor in even though. A loss would still win them the league

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/the-tie-breaker-criteria-in-the-greek-superleague%3fformat=amp

Check number four in the link
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 01:57:10 PM by chelsealife »

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 11, 2023, 07:25:23 PM »
They have been equal on points a while and Pani was always in 1st place is only weekend here Olympiacos beat thrm and aek won

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 11, 2023, 09:01:54 PM »
When they were tied on points the tables had Panathanaikos in first place.

From the league website https://www.slgr.gr/el/scoreboard/

In the event of a tie between teams in the Playoffs and Playouts, then for the tied teams the ranking criteria, in order, are as follows:
- The total number of points collected by each team in all matches of the Championship (during the Regular Season and the Playoffs / Playouts combined).
- The goal difference that each team has between the tied teams again in all matches of the Championship (during the Regular Season and Playoffs / Playouts combined).
- The position occupied by each team among the re-tied teams in the Regular Season of the Championship.

Just win with a Levi hattrick, I will be satisfied with that.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 14, 2023, 11:31:54 AM »
Final game, Levi started, AEK playing at home and currently up 1-0

Links at https://reddit1.sportshub.stream/event/aek_volos_133336378/

4-0, Levi assisted nicely on the third, add league champion to the resume.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 01:12:05 PM by Peong »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #740 on: May 17, 2023, 12:21:33 AM »
After Greek league title, Levi Garcia eyes more success.
By Narissa Fraser (T&T Newsday).

AFTER bagging a team-leading 14 goals to help AEK Athens win the 2022/2023 Greek Super League title, Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Levi Garcia is eager for more success. Describing it as a "massive" season and the best of his three years at the club, Garcia said this has pushed him to work even harder.

AEK Athens trounced NFC Volos 4-0 on Sunday, to top the table with 83 points.

Known primarily as a direct threat in the box, Garcia showed his play-making capability with an assist to teammate Orbelin Pineda, in the 59th minute, for the third goal. It was the club's 13th league title and the first since Garcia arrived.

The Santa Flora-born footballer finished as the runner-up for the Golden Boot, behind Olympiacos's Cedric Bakambu's 18 goals.

He had five assists for the season.

Next up for AEK Athens is the Greek Cup final against PAOK Thessaloniki FC on May 24.

Speaking to Newsday on Monday, Garcia said while it has been a "really, really long season," it is not yet over.

"(We have) one trophy in the bag and hopefully we could get another one to top of it."

He said he is satisfied with his performance thus far despite minor injuries during the season, which he called "a couple of hiccups."

"But I am really really happy about myself and I believe I could do much more, and I believe, hopefully, in the near future I (will)."

He said maintaining his fitness and health is important and he will continue to adhere to his training regimen.

Throughout the season, there were several rumours that major international clubs were interested in signing him. Among the teams reported to have scouted him are Bundesliga title contenders Borussia Dortmund, French club Lille and Scottish champions Celtic.

Despite the speculation, Garcia is staying grounded and said this is something players deal with throughout their career. But, admittedly, he said, it can be challenging to ignore these developments.

"I just try my best to pay it no mind, almost, (but) as much as you want to block it out, (sometimes) when you hear the types of clubs that are interested in you, you'd be like: 'What!?' But you have to block it off and continue to stay focused on the goals and tasks at hand."

As it stands, Garcia plans to remain with AEK Athens as there are still two years left in his contract.

But he added, "Whatever happens in the future, according to how things go, we will see..."

There has been an outpouring of support for Garcia and AEK Athens on social media by TT nationals, which he said came as a "big surprise" to him.

"I didn't know so many people were following, and there are people who are just getting to know (about) me too.

"I appreciate the love and it's really been a joy to see the support and, as you know, this really pushes you to do even more."

In addition to this, he also has the support of his fiancé and two children who live with him in Greece. This, he said, is another major factor that pushed him to do his best.

"I think everyone knows I come from a big family with a lot of siblings, and they have played a big role in my career as well. So having a family of my own now really drives me.

"There are days where you may come home stressed and whatnot and they take away a lot of the pain and help you to recover faster and to keep going."

He said he learnt a lot this season, which he credited to his coaches, teammates and his own hard work.

"The amount of work you give in to your trade is usually what you get out of it...I really, really worked hard this season from pre-season to now and I will continue to work hard."

He said he is also looking forward to resume representing TT on the national team as the Gold Cup qualifiers near.

After missing out on a direct qualification, TT and 11 other teams will compete for the final three spots in the competition.

The qualification tournament will be held from June 16-20 in Florida, US, and the Gold Cup will be played from June 24 to July 16 in the US and Canada.

Owing to injury, Garcia missed out on the Concacaf Nations League in March, which saw T&T draw 1-1 with Nicaragua, a result which saw T&T miss promotion to League A and fail to automatically qualify for the Gold Cup.

He told Newsday, "It's really unfortunate I could not have been there the last time, but we still have a chance.

"I will do my best...It's a team sport but I will try my best to bring my experience and what I can help with."

The TT Football Association (TTFA) has since congratulated Garcia on social media.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #741 on: May 18, 2023, 01:39:32 AM »
HOOPS CHASE Levi Garcia ‘transfer price revealed’ as Celtic on high-alert over target
By: David Robson (thescottishsun.co.uk).

AEK ATHENS have named their asking price for Celtic target Levi Garcia, according to a report.

SunSport revealed last month that Ange Postecoglou has been keeping tabs on the free-scoring Greece-based striker this season.

The prolific forward, who has 18 goals to his name this campaign, has been regularly scouted by the Hoops this year as the former Socceroos boss prepares to add attacking reinforcements to his squad.

Standing at 6ft, the powerful hitman looks set to leave AEK at the end of the season with over FOURTEEN teams said to be interested in the wideman.

The Trinidad and Tobago international joined the Greek side for around £1.9million from Beitar Jerusalem in 2020 and still has two years remaining on his current deal.

And AEK are reportedly keen on off-loading the forward in the summer to make a healthy profit, but Celtic have been dealt a blow in the race to sign him.

It's being suggested by Sportime journalist Giannis Chorianopoulos that the Greek giants are holding out for around €15million for the player, leaving a deal for Celtic unlikely.

He tweeted: "AEK Athens will not consider any offer for their striker Levi García, for less than €15m."

It's understood that Garcia, who has eight goals in 36 appearances for Trinidad and Tobago, has been eyed as a potential replacement for Liel Abada, whose future at Parkhead remains uncertain.

The Israeli winger has been linked with a host of clubs this season including Premier League and Portuguese teams.

The 21-year-old recently insisted that he is fully focused on Celtic though and isn't interested in transfer talk with the summer window fast approaching.

Earlier this month, he said: “I don’t care about what the newspapers or media says, I just care about how to improve every day, how to get better for the team, how to give 100 per cent.

“I am focused on getting the three trophies and this is the most important thing now.

“I am really happy at Celtic. Everyone looks after me and tries to help me get better. My relationships with the players and staff is very good.

"So I am really happy here. There is no rush. I have time. Right now we just focus to finish the season strong and this is the most important thing.

“When you play at a club like Celtic, there are a lot of great players, you have a lot of competition. But I am still young and I want to work hard every training session, every game, and help the team get our targets.

"It is the coach’s decision and, when the gaffer tells me I need to play, I will do the best for the team and try to get our target and this is the most important thing.”

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 01:41:04 AM by Flex »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 19, 2023, 01:12:54 PM »
Without doing any research, I feel 15 mil narrows down the kind of clubs that can afford him. An English club can pay that no problem but other leagues are spending carefully.
Levi how about 1 last giant performance for aek in the cup final to help make up their minds.

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 19, 2023, 01:35:46 PM »
If he was European they'd pay that money easily. That's about 13illion pounds, which is a very good, affordable price for any teams chasing European football

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 22, 2023, 01:22:05 PM »
I feel really good reading that report in French,just for fun I started learning French about 3 years ago on my own,on and off,ah feel good bout that man. ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2023, 05:58:21 PM »
I was taking too long and would have been inaccurate. Used a translator.

May 21, 2023 at 08:55

Olympique Lyonnais have ambitious plans for next season and are looking to strengthen their attack. According to information revealed by Onlymercato.com, the club is very interested in striker Levi Garcia, who is currently under contract with AEK Athens. The Trinidadian player is 25 years old and has an interesting profile for the Lyon team.

The young striker is quick, technical and able to move across the entire attacking front. However, Lyon will not be alone on this issue because several European clubs are also in the running to recruit Garcia this summer. The player could therefore be spoiled for choice as to his future destination.

Despite this, Olympique Lyonnais seem determined to bring the striker into their ranks in order to strengthen their attacking potential for next season. This would be good news for Lyon supporters who hope to see their team shine in national competitions and return to Europe.

Indeed, for a few years now, Lyon has not won a major title in France or Europe. The club's leaders have therefore decided to bet on talented players like Levi Garcia to regain their place at the top of French and European football.

It remains to be seen whether the Lyon club will manage to convince the Trinidadian striker to join their ranks. Business to follow therefore for Lyon supporters who are impatiently awaiting the course of the summer transfer window.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 24, 2023, 01:31:45 PM »
That might have been Levi last kick for aek. He's off in the 60 sumn minute, aek are ahead 1-0 and down to 10 men. Levi had some skilful touches but I eh see anything truly notable. Aek defending the lead

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #748 on: May 25, 2023, 01:24:02 AM »
Garcia’s AEK Athens complete Greek League and Cup double.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T striker Levi Garcia and his AEK Athens complete the domestic double in the 2022/2023 Greece Football season when they blanked PAOK FC 2-0 final of the Greece Novibet Cup final at the Panthessaliko Stadium, Volos, on Wednesday.

The outcome was not as easy as the final scoreline would suggest though as from early as the sixth minute, recently crowned Greece Super League champions for the 13th time, AEK Athens was reduced to ten men when Lazaros Rato was shown a straight red card.

Despite being a man down, AEK Athens still went ahead in the 26th minute via Harold Moukoudi while Garcia was replaced in the 61st minute by Nordin Amrabat, with Paolo Fernandes adding an insurance item two minutes into time added-on, to seal a 2-0 triumph and a 16th Cup win, its first since the 2015/2016 season.

It was also the third Stoiximan Greece Super League and Novibet Cup double for AEK Athens to add to their previous sweeps in the 1938/1939 and 1977/1978 seasons.

Earlier this month, the 25-year-old Garcia and his teammates clinched a 13th domestic league crown with a 4-0 win over Volos FC on the final match day to end with 83 points, five ahead of Panathinaikos as both teams qualified for the European Champions League while last year’s champions Olympiacos finished in the third spot with 73 points and qualified to the UEFA Europa League while PAOK and Aris, the fourth and fifth-place finishers with 67 and 51 points respectively qualified for the UEFA Conference League with Volos FC sixth with 40 points.

The Santa Flora-born Garcia, who ended the season with 14 league goals, second in the ‘Golden Boot’ race to Olympiacos’ Cedric Bakambu of the Democratic Republic of Congo by four goals and is rumoured to be wanted by no fewer than 14 European clubs ahead of the summer transfer window led his past Olympiacos 4-2 on aggregate in their home-and-away semifinal, scoring a double in the first-leg 3-0 win.

RELATED NEWS

Levi Garcia cops double: AEK Athens win Greek Cup.
By Narissa Fraser (T&T Newsday).

"THE best way to finish a great season."

This is how TT's Levi Garcia described the feeling of copping his second piece of silverware this season with AEK Athens after winning the Greek Cup on Wednesday.

On May 14, AEK Athens won the 2022/2023 Greek Super League title after defeating NFC Volos 4-0. Garcia provided an assist to teammate Orbelin Pineda, in the 59th minute, for the third goal.

In an interview with Newsday, he said while it has been a "massive season" for him, it was not yet over as the team was set to face PAOK in the Greek Cup final.

A ten-man AEK Athens secured a 2-0 victory.

AEK defender Lazaros Rota received a red card just six minutes into the match for a foul on PAOK midfielder Taison Barcellos Freda.

Garcia started but was subbed off in the 62nd minute for teammate Nordin Amrabat.

AEK's Harold Moukoudi opened the scoresheet in the 26th minute while Paolo Fernandes sealed the deal with the second goal in the first minute of added time.

The last time AEK Athens won this cup was in the 2015/2016 season and they have won it a total of 16 times.

In a post-match Facebook post, the team said it was their first time winning the Greek Super League and Greek Cup in the same season since 1978. Prior to then, this was only achieved in 1939.

The post said, "Matias Almeida (team manager) and his boys in the pantheon of our team's history. Third double after a huge course. Well done to each and every one. LONG LIVE AEK!"

In another post, it said, "With ten players from the sixth minute, with a goal by Mukundi at 26 minutes...a calm game until the end. With Fernandes's goal magic at 91 minutes, with style, with absolute excellence, with the best football, with a team full of class and quality, with the seal of a top coach – AEK-PAOK 2-0 and well deserved double for the best team in Greece!"

Garcia posted photos of himself holding the trophy on Facebook saying, "Proud to be a part of this team."

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 01:27:38 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #749 on: May 25, 2023, 01:28:59 AM »
Lyon linked with Levi Garcia.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago striker Levi Garcia has been linked with Olympique Lyonnais, the top French football club.

Onlymercato.com has reported that Olympique Lyonnais have ambitious plans for next season and are looking to strengthen their attack. The French club is said to be very interested in striker Garcia, who is currently under contract with Greek champions AEK Athens until 2025.

The 25-year-old was top scorer with 14 league goals, as AEK won their first Greek title in six years, breaking Olympiacos’ stranglehold of three successive championships.

Garcia is described in the French publication as fast, technical and able to move across the entire attacking front. With Scottish champions Celtic among the clubs considering Athens’ £15 price for the player, Onlymercato reports that there is a lot of competition for Garcia.

“Lyon will not be alone on this issue because several European clubs are also in the running to recruit Garcia this summer. The player could therefore be spoiled for choice as to his future destination.

“Despite this, Olympique Lyonnais seem determined to bring the striker into their ranks in order to strengthen their attacking potential for next season. This would be good news for Lyon supporters who hope to see their team shine in national competitions and return to Europe”.

For a few years now, Lyon have not won a major title in France or Europe. The club’s leaders have therefore decided to bet on talented players like Levi Garcia to regain their place at the top of French and European football.

According to the report: “It remains to be seen whether the Lyon club will manage to convince the Trinidadian striker to join their ranks. Business to follow therefore for Lyon supporters who are impatiently awaiting the course of the summer transfer window.”

1]; } ?>