March 28, 2024, 02:04:21 PM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151572 times)

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #750 on: May 27, 2023, 07:22:34 PM »
Lille is a good club they have a good coach they play the best football in the whole of France he is going to replace J David if he leaves he may not be able to score 20 goals a season but he is a much better player than any of there attackers.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 29, 2023, 04:09:26 AM »
No french league  .. Top 4 leagues in europe only please . I think he maybe heading it itlay  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 29, 2023, 08:09:24 AM »
I can see him holding his own in the French league as a forward but in those other leagues i see him struggling as a forward.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 29, 2023, 11:42:22 AM »
I agree with ffisback. While i or most of us would like to see him in the EPL(ManU ;D), he will probably get more playing time in France. Prefer he go to a top 4 team in Ligue1. So Celtic no interested anymore ?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 29, 2023, 02:48:43 PM »
This is the time of year when backroom staff and agents are putting in the work. Clubs doh want to pay much, agents want them to pay a lot, plenty back and forth so I eh holding my breath.
An article today said that somebody at AEK say they don't want to sell, how they want to compete in Europe.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/levi-garcia-celtic-transfer-talk-30106531

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 29, 2023, 05:45:19 PM »
Money talks ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 29, 2023, 08:30:51 PM »
It looks like Celtic does not have the money for him they are offering a player exchange plus a little bit of cash and hope the club takes it he is out of there price range if I was L Garcia I would not sign any extended contract with AEK you sell me now or next year or I leave for nothing. .

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 04, 2023, 09:38:08 AM »
Levi’s time: AEK Athens striker Garcia is Star of the Month
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

LEVI GARCIA had not before played as an outright striker for any club outside of Trinidad and Tobago or scored as many goals until this season.

The 2022-2023 Greek Super League 1 season has marked a breakthrough year for Garcia.

This season Garcia led the front line, as AEK Athens won its first Greek League 1 title in five years and also captured the Greek Cup.

The 25-year-old T&T international finished the recently-concluded season with a total 19 goals, including 14 in the league, and will likely be involved in qualifying for the 2023-2024 European Champions League.

“Best way to finish a great season,” Garcia announced via Instagram, after his club completed the double by landing the Greek Super Cup, “Proud to be part of this team.”

Garcia finished as Athens top-scorer in the league, his 14 goals only second to 32-year-old Democratic Republic of the Congo’s Cédric Bakambu of Olympiacos.

Garcia also doubled his seven league goals tally of 2021-2022. He scored in half of the 26 matches his team played this season and also got goals against all the other five teams comprising the top six in Greece; second-placed Panathinaikos, dethroned champions Olympiakos, PAOK, Aris and Volos.

Garcia’s exploits this season sparked speculation linking him with Scottish champions Celtic, Olympique Lyonaise of France, Spain’s Villarreal and a host of other European clubs, with £15 million listed as the selling price.

But with Athens involved in European football for the first time in half a decade, AEK Athens owner Dimitris Melissanidis has since issued a statement stating that Garcia is not for sale.

However, the right price seems to have a way of swaying even the most ardent football club owner and whether Garcia moves on or stays to complete the final two years of his contract will be decided over the next few months during the summer transfer window.

Garcia’s attraction is that he can score goals and also play right across the front line, as a left-winger where he started, to right-wing, and also at centre forward.

A natural left-footer, Garcia had played at left-midfield through his T&T youth team and Shiva Boys’ High School days, and also with AZ Alkmaar—the Dutch top flight club which he signed his first pro contract as an 18-year-old.

Garcia first had to grow into a role as a right-winger, at which he did not do too well, when former national coach Dennis Lawrence first tried him in that role at the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Athens shifted him to right-wing with better success last season and for 2022-2023 the newly-installed head coach Matias Almeyda tried him as a central striker, with great success.

Garcia was only a 15-year-old when he began his professional football career in 2013, with T&TEC in the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League. He completed a free transfer to fellow TT Pro League club Central FC. But before making his first-team debut for the Couva Sharks, Garcia signed with AZ Alkmaar in February 2015.

He was discovered by Dutch agent Humphry Nijman in September 2014, while playing for Trinidad and Tobago during qualification for the 2015 CONCACAF U-20 Championship. After an initial struggle between Central and Nijman, the two parties came to an agreement through mediation involving the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association to allow Garcia to participate for a trial in the Netherlands.

Garcia signed a pre-contract agreement for three years, with a club option for a two-year extension with AZ Alkmaar of the Eredivisie following a successful trial with the club. However, he was unable to begin his professional career until his 18th birthday due to existing European Union child protection labour laws.

He made 29 appearances in the top flight for AZ Alkmaar (2015-2018), between loan spells at Jong AZ (2016–2018) and another Dutch top flight club, Excelsior (2018).

With his Alkmaar contract due to expire at the end of the season, in May 2018, it was announced that Garcia would join Israeli Premier League side Ironi Kiryat Shmona for the 2018-19 season.

A year later, he moved to Beitar Jerusalem, before AEK Athens showed interest in 2020. AEK Athens signed the 22-year-old in September 14, 2020 by offering Beitar Jerusalem €2.6 million to acquire 60 per cent of Garcia’s rights, plus bonuses.

A decade on from running out in the TT Pro League as a hopeful youngster for T&TEC, Garcia is at the top of his game and a superstar in the making.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #758 on: June 04, 2023, 12:51:35 PM »
Reported Celtic target Levi Garcia ‘not for sale’; why the door may not be completely closed.
By Patrick Sinat (67hailhail.com).

Levi Garcia has had a ‘not for sale’ sign put on him after AEK Athens owner Dimitris Melissanidis said he wants to keep the striker for next season’s attempt at qualifying for the Champions League.

The Greek side have just completed a domestic double and Melissanidis has sent a message to potential suitors. Melissanidis told NewsBreak ahead of the summer: "We are all happy that after so many years this team has its own league and stadium. Today I want to tell you about our new plans and what we are thinking of doing immediately after our pitch and then whatever you want to ask us.

As reported by Sportime, the AEK chief said, “Garcia is not for sale. We’ll be happy with him and we’ll see.

“Now that I’m going to enjoy him, am I going to sell him? Everything in life is money?

“He’s not for sale. We’ll play Europe and then we’ll see.” [translated by Deep L] "We will do whatever the coach asks, four or five transfers. We are willing to do it because we believe that this team can also stand out in Europe."

However, it does seem as though the door isn’t completely closed on a possible transfer. As Greek champions, AEK do not automatically qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

Athens enter the third qualifying round but should they not make the group stages, it seems from Melissanidis’ comments that could change the landscape where Garcia’s future is concerned.

Ange Postecoglou will add to his squad in the summer. The Celtic manager is keen to make a mark on the Champions League with Celtic and will want to show progress from this season’s bottom-placed finish.

But does Garcia have the necessary quality to help us do that? The Trinidad & Tobago internationalist has scored 18 goals this season in 37 appearances for the Greek champions. The 25-year-old can be deployed across the front three so he is adaptable if required.

However, prior to this season, his goalscoring record has not been that impressive. The forward scored eight in 39 appearances in season 2021/22 and six in 35 in season 2020/21.

But with AEK Athens allegedly looking for around €15m (£13.15m), Celtic could already be priced out of a possible move if their reported interest was genuine.

In other news, Why SPFL manager will be ‘as nervous as any Celtic fan’ for upcoming Scottish Cup Final

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 04, 2023, 02:10:04 PM »
Levi might go to Spurs. Tottenham are close to appointing Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou as their new head coach.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 06, 2023, 09:10:30 AM »
Yeah I saw the celtic coach might be on the move. He'll have a bigger war chest at an English club, prem teams spending 15-20 mil easy.
On another note, allyuh think Levi want to play center forward or out wide?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 09:12:26 AM by Peong »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #761 on: June 08, 2023, 01:13:00 AM »
Levi Garcia tells youth footballers: Make every minute count.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

STAR striker Levi Garcia encouraged youngsters on the T&T men’s senior football team to grab every opportunity when representing their country as it will allow them to earn professional contracts overseas.

Garcia, 25, has been one of T&T’s most consistent players for the national team over the past few years delivering quality performances.

The local footballers have been training this week as part of preparations for the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup qualification tournament from June 16-20 in Ft Lauderdale, US.

Before the Gold Cup qualifiers, T&T will play Guatemala in a friendly in Pennsylvania, US on Sunday.

In a video shared by TT Football Association Media, Garcia was kneeling on one knee while speaking to Nathaniel James, Real Gill and Kaihim Thomas during a national senior men’s training session.

“Take this opportunity and let us see what could happen,” Garcia told the trio ahead of the Guatemala friendly.

“Some of them (Guatemala players) already have contracts, we looking for contacts so we have to go and outplay men and work harder (than them).”

Midfielders James and Thomas, along with striker Gill were all part of the T&T Under-20 team which took part at the 2022 Concacaf Under-20 Championships.

James, a former Queen’s Royal College student, has been in prolific form in the TT Premier Football League as he is the leading goal scorer which has kept Club Sando in the title race with a few rounds remaining.

Garcia urged the young footballers to make a name for themselves even if they don’t play the entire match.

“I always tell people I prefer to give everything in 45 minutes and say coachman (take me off).”

Garcia said international football is the highest level and you must remain focused throughout a match.

“This is a national team, this is not club football…national team we have to pull our weight.”

He ended his short interaction with the players by saying he hoped his words “registered” and told them “We will talk more.”

Garcia, 25, won the Greek Cup and the 2022/2023 Greek Super League last month with AEK Athens.

He was an instrumental player during the season finding the back of the net consistently. Since joining the club in 2020, Garcia has 26 goals in 90 appearances.

During the title celebrations in Greece, Garcia draped himself with the T&T flag and was joined by his family.

Eve begins Gold Cup preparation
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s football team head coach Angus Eve has begun preparation for the 2023 CONCACAF Gold Cup qualifying round.

Having failed to qualify automatically, the Soca warriors will enter a pre-qualifying tournament seeking a spot in the main tournament, scheduled to take place across the United States from June 24-July 16.

The Soca Warriors get their campaign in the pre-qualifying tournament under way next week Friday when they face Guadeloupe in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA. Four day later, the winner of that match will square off against the victor of another tie between Guyana and Grenada, at the same venue, for a spot in the preliminary round of the 2023 Gold Cup.

Should T&T get past the qualifying round, they will enter Group D which contains Canada, Guatemala and Cuba.

T&T are no strangers to the pre-qualifying tournament, having taken a similar path to the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup. T&T defeated Montserrat 6-1 and edged French Guiana on penalties following a 1-1 draw, to get into the Gold Cup main draw in which they drew with Mexico (0-0) and Guatemala (1-1), but lost to quarter-finalists El Salvador (2-0).

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 01:22:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #762 on: June 16, 2023, 01:38:12 AM »
Levi Garcia wants to create history with Soca Warriors.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago forward Levi Garcia wants to create history with the Soca Warriors at the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup. Garcia, 25, fresh from helping AEK Athens win the Greek League and Cup titles, is expected to play an instrumental role in T&T’s Gold Cup campaign, which kicks off on June 25.

Speaking to TT Football Association media on Wednesday, Garcia said he is ready for the tournament to begin.

“It is a lot of excitement. The team has been preparing for this. We got into the Gold Cup automatically which I think we deserved a bit. I think we could also use this time to gel together, work harder and get in good shape for the games.”

T&T were initially scheduled to play in the Gold Cup qualification tournament on Friday, but after Nicaragua were penalised for fielding an ineligible player T&T qualified for the Gold Cup main draw and earned promotion to Concacaf Nations League A.

Garcia said he wants to help the team create their own memories.

“Knowing our history (keeps me motivated)…we don’t only want to live in our history. I want to be part of the history…I want to keep the dream alive for the future ballers because there is a lot of talent.”

Soca Warriors competed at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, the only time T&T have qualified for the tournament. T&T have had some memorable Gold Cup tournaments advancing to the semi-final at the 2000 edition, a team which included Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Arnold Dwarika and Angus Eve.

Garcia who missed a few matches for T&T earlier this year due to injury, including Nations League B matches, is glad to re-join the team.

“Whenever I am called upon without hesitating I always say yes. I don’t know how to explain it, but representing your country you always get this excitement and if we could deliver and get the job done, it will also open up a lot of doors and bring back sport to the level that it should be in T&T.”

Discussing his injury, Garcia said, “It was unfortunate to miss those games after wanting to be there so badly, after playing the first four games I think in the (Nations League) group stage. Honestly, for now, it is just to try my best to get back in shape and bring the form that I have been in for the team and try to do my best to help the team.”

T&T are based in Boca Raton, Florida and training at District Park, Palm Beach Gardens.

Garcia added, “A really good bunch of guys. We trying our best to sort out the stuff we would like to implement in the game and so far, so good…smiling faces (in the camp) and hopefully we could keep that positive energy going into the tournament.”

T&T will play in Group A of the Gold Cup alongside US, Jamaica and a team from the qualifying tournament.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 09, 2023, 07:47:20 AM »
No more  transfer talk ?

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 09, 2023, 08:46:22 PM »
Trini_2026 I thought Tottenham new Manager would have shown interest since he wanted him at Celtic but he looks ro be signing Manor Solomon from Shaktar. Could have just been paper talk. Maybe he stays one more season at AEK playing as a striker in European competition and probably January he can get a move.  Chuba Akpom shone in that league and didn't impress in the Championship until last season, so if I was Levi I'd stay put until at least January but we'll see

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 13, 2023, 04:40:51 PM »
Who is his agent? I would be shopping Levi to the newly promoted prem teams. An interesting piece of transfer business is Pulisic to ac Milan for close to 20 million pounds. Interesting because aek want 20 million euros for Levi and because Lyon who are interested in Levi were trying to sign Pulisic. Hopefully with them missing out they will pursue Levi

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 14, 2023, 11:35:23 AM »
Levi Garcia scored a hat-trick (12', 40', 65') in a 5-0 win over Ukraine's Shakhtar Donetsk in a pre-season club friendly in the Netherlands

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rkYiiFoncKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rkYiiFoncKU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 14, 2023, 11:58:29 AM »
Boss player. Good finishes, I love when he get to unleash da left foot. Watch how he body the defender off for the 3rd. 5-0, I wonder if it was an under strength donetsk team

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 14, 2023, 03:26:57 PM »
I wonder if it was an under strength donetsk team

Probably. Preseason. No matter. He scoring. That is all that matters. It just shows how under par the rest of TT squad is.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 14, 2023, 06:47:00 PM »
Read that Lens bid just over €17 mil for him but it was rejected

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 15, 2023, 02:58:37 AM »
Mati Almeyda is on a path to a bigger club and greater prominence. His is going to be a Pochettino journey. Maybe that could be a path up for the player. For instance, Orbelin Pineda was at Chivas during Almeyda's stint. He didn't arrive in Greece by happenstance.

Separately, about other options, I am less optimistic. I still see dots not connecting and time ticking. For one, I think there's a clear disconnect between where he can play and who can afford him. But there is also a disconnect on the field: He can still improve and will have to. Imagine the luxury and privilege he has of having the Greek top flight as his improvement lab. Better ask somebody, LG!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 03:10:21 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 15, 2023, 05:40:32 AM »
Levi can try  to force a move
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 05:42:46 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 15, 2023, 06:51:33 AM »
And squander the goodwill at AEK?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 15, 2023, 08:21:40 AM »
other  players have  done this
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 08:49:05 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 15, 2023, 08:41:46 AM »
I hear u Seeker. Seems to me like the owners at AEK are serious about a European run for this squad and aren't going to let Levi go easily as he's an anchor in the team. Should be a win-win for them as Levi would have a larger window. I hope he works hard and steps up to the challenge. Best of luck Levi!  :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 15, 2023, 08:19:22 PM »
Any a dem worth forcing a move to? I hope he keep his wits about him.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 15, 2023, 09:07:13 PM »
At 25 he has to make a move now if he wants to play in a top 5 league signing a extension contract with this club would condemn him to this league.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 16, 2023, 06:33:37 PM »
https://www.sport24.gr/football/sto-katofli-tis-aek-kai-pali-i-lans-o-livai-gkarsia-sti-lista-tis-gia-anti-openta.10113238.html

I did not realize it was Lens that came 2nd in Ligue 1, they in the cl group stages so yes they are worth it in my book
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 06:35:18 PM by Peong »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 17, 2023, 04:04:32 AM »
All now Bostock should still be at Lens.  :devil:

More seriously ---- When a club has a manager who might not be around to provide the expected contribution and stability at a club on the cusp, I don't regard that as a consideration that should be discarded - especially in the context of a player with a modest reputation with presumably an ambition that outstrips that reputation.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 17, 2023, 05:31:42 AM »
other players have  done this

Of course. However, compare the situations and circumstances.

1]; } ?>