April 28, 2024, 03:36:38 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 154451 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #810 on: September 22, 2023, 11:58:50 AM »
The first shot he had shoulda been a goal, I hoped he would go high but the keeper made a good save. 2nd was a little more difficult and the attempted lob was way off. He coulda pull it back for the runner he had in the middle.
He actually got a vital touch for the 2nd goal, the defender touched it first onto Levi foot then it went to Gacinovic.
I though he had a couple good moments, he went past 2 men and got fouled, yellow for the defender, and his movement off the ball for those 2 early shots was excellent. For a first game back it was decent.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 22, 2023, 01:59:40 PM »
Yeah I thought he looked good coming back from injury. He handled himself pretty good against quality EPL opposition. On another day he doesn't rush his shot and scores that first one.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 03, 2023, 11:54:56 AM »
Warrior Profile: Levi Garcia relishes Europa League energy
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

After missing out on European football for the past two years, T&T and AEK Athens forward Levi Garcia relishes his return to the UEFA Europa League for the 2023/24 season.

Garcia made his Europa League debut in 2016, appearing in AZ Alkmaar 's 2-1 loss to Israel's Maccabi Tel Aviv.

The Greek club recorded a winning start to this year’s competition after edging English Premier League club Brighton 3-2, on match day one, last Thursday. Garcia assisted the second goal in the 40th minute.

AEK Athens are in Group B alongside a tough line-up comprising Brighton, French Ligue 1 team Marseille and Dutch club Ajax. The top two teams advance to the next round.

Garcia recently recovered from a small tear in his quadriceps suffered during leg one of the Uefa Champions League playoff vs Royal Antwerp. AEK Athens lost 3-1 on aggregate to miss out on Champions League qualification, but advance to the Europa League.

On his return to European football, Garcia was elated.

“Competing in Europe has always been a difficult one. but I’m grateful and blessed with the opportunity to play amongst the best set of players and teams. It’s a good feeling to be playing European football."

What is the atmosphere like for European nights?

“The game itself generates this type of energy and motivation to play it, the focus comes naturally. It’s a feeling you really cannot explain, it’s just something you have to live or live through seeing the person play or whatnot.

“But it’s really great experiences and the best dream or wish any player could go through in their life. I’m really grateful to be living these moments,” he told Newsday on Friday.

Garcia’s next European test comes against the struggling Dutch giants Ajax, next Thursday.

After his recent recovery, the Santa Flora-bred striker said the drive to provide for his family is what keeps him motivated during his down spells and recovery periods. He was elated to be back out competing.

“It’s only when you get injured or cannot play you really understand how important it is, and to appreciate, when you’re healthy and injury-free. That is basically motivates me to find my way back. Knowing my family is always there, my kids, they give me that motivation to go on, knowing that I have so much mouths to feed and people to take care of.”

Garcia described his recovery and reintegration process.

“Preparation, usually lighter sessions, because the schedules are heavy with league games being three and four days before. So sessions are usually a bit of tactical work.”

Both Levi and his brother Judah missed out on TT’s two opening Concacaf Nations League matches earlier this month because of injury.

T&T, however, churned out a 1-0 win over Curacao in their group opener and then edged El Salvador 3-2 to currently sit atop Group A of League A.

Despite his absence, Garcia is considered the nation’s most prolific player right now. Asked how he handles such a high profile, the 25 year old said hard work got him there.

“To be honest, it’s a great feeling. It wasn’t my intention but I guess through hard work things always go your way, and I’ve been working hard and continue to do so no matter what. It’s just the beginning of great things to come, so it’s a blessing and I'm really grateful for the status at the moment.”

Garcia should be available to bolster TT’s frontline for the upcoming Nations League matches against Guatemala on October 13 at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, and then away to Curacao, four days later.

"For AEK Athens last year, Garcia bagged a team-leading 14 goals to help his team lift the 2022/2023 Greek Super League title. He also finished as the league’s runner-up for the Golden Boot, finishing behind Olympiacos’ Cedric Bakambu’s 18 goals." (with reporting by Narissa Fraser)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 11:56:41 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 06, 2023, 07:13:59 PM »
watched the aek game this week which they drew at home to Ajax. Levi didn't play and they say out inured for about 3 weeks? Hope for good recovery for him cuz AEK had many man shots on goal and only a 1-1 draw to show for it [I'm pretty sure Levi would have ensured at least one more of those went in].

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 04, 2023, 02:53:24 PM »
T&T forward hopeful of Copa 2024 spot - Levi Garcia eyes return
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday)

Soca Warriors forward Levi Garcia is anxious to return from his injury lay-off, and has been included in the AEK Athens travelling squad for their match away to AE Kifisia in the Greece Super League from 2 pm (T&T time) on Saturday.

Garcia, 25, helped AEK to the Greek double last season, scoring 18 goals across all competitions. Thus far this season, the speedy Garcia has been plagued by injury and has only featured in five out of a possible 16 games for the reigning Greek champions. On August 22, Garcia suffered a quadricep tear in a Uefa Champions League first-leg qualifying match against Royal Antwerp. He missed the subsequent second leg, with AEK being defeated 3-1 on aggregate.

Garcia returned for AEK's opening Europa League group stage match away to English Premier League outfit Brighton and Hove Albion on September 21. Garcia played a total of 68 minutes and gave a promising performance in AEK's 3-2 win. He then featured for 75 minutes in AEK's 2-1 win away to Panathinaikos four days later. However, the rugged forward has not turned out for AEK since, as he aggravated his quad injury.

Garcia also missed T&T's four group stage matches in the ongoing 2023/24 Concacaf Nations League A campaign as the Soca Warriors booked a spot in the quarter-finals of the tournament. However, he is ready to return to the pitch for both club and country.

"I have been working really hard lately to get fit so things have been going well," Garcia told Newsday in a brief chat on Thursday. Yes, I’ll be with the (AEK) squad this weekend."

AEK (20 points) are currently on a three-game win streak in the Greek league and sit third on the standings behind Panathinaikos (22 points) and Olympiacos (21 points).

Switching his attention to the Nations League, Garcia wants his T&T team-mates to continue the steady work as he makes his way back to full fitness.

"It’s been really good to see the guys performing and hopefully we can continue to do positive things for ourselves and future players."

T&T have a pivotal Nations League home-and-away tie with the US this month, with the second leg at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo falling on Garcia's 26th birthday on November 20. With the prospect of qualification for Copa America 2024 in the air, Garcia is ready for the grand occasion.

"It's a big game against the US and we're all looking forward to it. I think everyone is (optimistic about our chances of qualifying for the Copa America 2024). That will be a great platform to showcase ourselves but first we need to take it one game at a time."

The four teams advancing from the quarter-finals will qualify for both the Nations League semi-finals and the Copa tournament. The four losing quarter-finalists will still have an opportunity to qualify for Copa 2024 via a single-match, direct elimination play-off in March next year.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 09, 2023, 03:36:34 PM »
We boy missed a golden opportunity to level vs Marseille, a point blank header, sent it straight at the keeper when anywhere else would be a goal. He had one of those monster jumps to get to it.
Off after 60 something mins.
I find he look like he still hurt. He keep holding his hip.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 13, 2023, 02:20:04 PM »
Levi started and scored yesterday, a left foot on the volley. I eh find highlights yet but I saw it on a live stream

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 13, 2023, 04:20:28 PM »
Levi Garcia gets off the mark as he scores the opening goal with a half volley during AEK Athens FC's 3-0 win over PAS Lamia 1964.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/O_BOCwcsgq4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/O_BOCwcsgq4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 12, 2023, 09:57:14 AM »
Their weekend game got postponed because of fan violence at a pro volleyball game, refs were afraid of the situation and refused appointments. A policeman had his leg amputated after a flare damaged an artery in his thigh.
Greek fans are acting up. IMO that's enough reason to head out. Go somewhere where the fans a little more sane.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 14, 2023, 02:14:22 PM »
Allyuh boy just got his first European goal of the season. Maybe his first ever? Somebody enlighten me with yuh knowledge nah

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 15, 2023, 01:24:59 PM »
That was Levi's second Europa League goal. His first was in 2017, when playing for AZ Alkmaar against Olympique Lyon.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 18, 2023, 11:02:25 AM »
Goal for AEK today in the 2nd minute.  A left footed shot to the bottom left, look like it deflected. He played the 90 but didn't get much around the box. He had some good link up play to help get the midfielders forward.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 19, 2023, 06:21:07 AM »
on the game vs Ajax -- keeper had 2 terrible mistakes to get them booted out of Europa conf. didn't look the level.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 21, 2023, 05:22:42 PM »
Goal again today in another draw. Me ehn see it

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 04, 2024, 05:58:00 AM »
Levi Garcia starts off 2024 with a bang as he scores a brace to lead AEK Athens to a 3-0 win over Volos FC.
https://x.com/socawarriors/status/1742682735343247679

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: January 04, 2024, 10:44:32 AM »
In the 1st half he also had a great downward header just wide of the near post with the keeper beaten. 5 goals in 4 games, keep pressing dem Levi.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 07, 2024, 01:37:48 PM »
Goal in the 31st minute vs Olympiakos. A header from an outswinging corner up in the jep nest

And a kind of assist. He headed onto a defender, the ball fell to his teammate to score
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 01:43:57 PM by Peong »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 07, 2024, 10:08:07 PM »
Levi Garcia opens the scoring in AEK Athens FC's 2-1 win over rivals Olympiacos with a towering header into the upper right corner of the net. Garcia has now scored five goals in his last four games.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jjmhjq7H_sU?start=113" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jjmhjq7H_sU?start=113</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 14, 2024, 10:44:53 PM »
A 2-goal performance today vs Panathanaikos, including the 96th minute penalty equalizer. It was almost 3, he had 1 ruled out for a foul in the build up. His finishing is up there, very good performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3obNfvJulC8

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #829 on: January 15, 2024, 08:17:34 PM »
Currently Levi is one of the best strikers/attacking mids in Concacaf tbh

TT should be punishing teams but ofc we an admin and coach that always keeps us back..

The Us has no strikers/attacking mids on the level of Levi

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 16, 2024, 06:06:59 AM »
@contro, Levi is top 10 in Concacaf for sure. . Btw, the US has Pulisic.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #831 on: January 16, 2024, 10:22:49 PM »
@gawd

he's overrated brother, both of us know why he's rated so highly and it has nothing to do with talent and skill...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 17, 2024, 03:33:39 AM »
Currently Levi is one of the best strikers/attacking mids in Concacaf tbh

TT should be punishing teams but ofc we an admin and coach that always keeps us back..

The Us has no strikers/attacking mids on the level of Levi

he's overrated brother, both of us know why he's rated so highly and it has nothing to do with talent and skill...

Express yourself...with a flip of the hat

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #833 on: January 17, 2024, 11:52:20 PM »
tbh i don't know what you are talking about?  :D :D

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 18, 2024, 03:40:38 AM »
U flipped to flop....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 18, 2024, 11:30:10 AM »
reminiscent of the days when Dave Jenny used to let his cat loose on the keyboard.  :D

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 18, 2024, 08:15:08 PM »
@sjahrain You do realise its Pulisic he was calling overrated and not Levi right?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 19, 2024, 03:31:21 AM »
I apologize. Contro...the error is mine ..l own it

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 19, 2024, 08:05:09 AM »
Pulisic don't have to be overrated for Levi to be really good as well. Is not either or. Pulisic almost single handedly dismante the Hart team in Jacksonville that we all had so much hope in.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 19, 2024, 11:41:10 AM »
I hope that Levi is not going to be injured one week before our match with Canada,I recall it happening with D.Yorke regularly when he played with Man Utd.

1]; } ?>