March 28, 2024, 05:26:37 PM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151602 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »
Glad to see ah indian they.

Sam, I would even go further than that.

I would like to see Affirmative action implemented into the College League, Pro League and the National Team.

I think each team should have at least 3 players of various minorities.  Even if they playing shit, they will improve.  It can't be worst than the past 20 years.

I do not buy into the argument that the current crop of black players making up most of these squads are the best for the team. There are players around I'm sure who don't get call or haven't been discovered in small leagues and that is a real pity.  I use to see some real ballers in Freeport and Rio Claro...

For far too other various minorities have not been given a fair shot in TNT football.  Why is it that the Dutch can have so many minorities from countries like Surinam and Nigeria.

At the grassroots level all players should all be encouraged.  We aren't tapping into this resource. 

Since Anthony Sherwood, how many people of Chinese origin play for TNT, how many Indian since Bobby Sookram, how many Caucasians since imported Birchall?

We need stronger and more open minded administrators and less favouritism.  I want to see other minority coaches be given a chance. 

So Indians are not black? What are they then?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2015, 12:37:24 PM »

I would like to see Affirmative action implemented into the College League, Pro League and the National Team.

I think each team should have at least 3 players of various minorities.  Even if they playing shit, they will improve.  It can't be worst than the past 20 years.

I do not buy into the argument that the current crop of black players making up most of these squads are the best for the team. There are players around I'm sure who don't get call or haven't been discovered in small leagues and that is a real pity.  I use to see some real ballers in Freeport and Rio Claro...

For far too other various minorities have not been given a fair shot in TNT football.  Why is it that the Dutch can have so many minorities from countries like Surinam and Nigeria.

At the grassroots level all players should all be encouraged.  We aren't tapping into this resource. 

Since Anthony Sherwood, how many people of Chinese origin play for TNT, how many Indian since Bobby Sookram, how many Caucasians since imported Birchall?

We need stronger and more open minded administrators and less favouritism.  I want to see other minority coaches be given a chance. 

That have to be one of the top five dumbest comments I ever see on this forum.
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »

VB

How is it dumb?

So Indians are white?

I trying to find out. Maybe you smarter than me.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2015, 05:54:04 PM »

VB

How is it dumb?

So Indians are white?

I trying to find out. Maybe you smarter than me.

Are Thais, Turks, Iranians and Iraqis black or white??

The only two colours you know are black and white??
Go to the nearest Kindergarten class, they will have a poster of colours for you to learn.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2015, 09:11:38 PM »
nah vb
"I would like to see Affirmative action implemented into the College League, Pro League and the National Team.

I think each team should have at least 3 players of various minorities.  Even if they playing shit, they will improve.  It can't be worst than the past 20 years
."
so some fellas working dey tail off, more skilfull, more disciplined and playing better than everybody but 5 players in the whole school, club or community. Don't pick dem, cause we have enuff fellas from that race.. And that will IMPROVE our football..no wonder the "indian" , black, chinee or whatever kids don't want to bother to listen to allyuh, cause with this race and politics some so called parents real have dey head in ah mess..damn if they listen, damn if they don't..  ah doh know if to laugh or cry

and allyuh arguing who is what...allyuh cyah even determine allyuh self..
doh mind me eh..no argument from me bout this
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:19:21 PM by maxg »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2015, 09:53:06 PM »
jess play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2015, 12:55:52 AM »
We like to pride ourselves on how as a small country we achieve so much but I really have to differ here. 

Play yuh fitball- That’s a copout  breds.  That’s just going to continue to sweep the problem under the rug and offer no solutions and policies to move TNT football forward. 

You could argue that 2 foreign Caucasians lended a big hand into taking TNT to d World Cup and you also say a Chinese fella on this board was also instrumental in taking TNT to its first Youth World Cup in Portugal. 

Ok  now, let's narrow things down a bit here.  No need to gasp.  I feel  some aren't following my point.  I am NOT taking away from the notion that there are black players who deserve to be in the team.   There should be room for everyone.  If we continue down the cycle that we see the small mindedness is showing here.  Open your scope see the bigger picture.  This is NOT a Sat Maharaj post. This is asking for thinking from the outside the box approach.
Permit me to expand of where I am going with this minority discussion.

Emulating & feeling of connection

1 If you look at TNT football, over the past 25 years, who have been the footballers in TNT that black youth have had to look up to and tried to emulate.   Let's see Yorke, Latapy, Leonson Lewis, Stern John, Clint Marcelle , KJ amongst others?

How about the other groups  in TNT football? Do the other young youth have any one to see as someone they would want to emulate?  If an Indian child cannot see another Indian child making the national team, then it means that they don't have the same connection as a black youth would have of Yorke or Latapy.   (This is not to say as a black youth you would want to follow Yorke and Latapy behaviour outside the football pitch).

Public Funding & Corporate Funding
2 Why do we lack public and corporate funding?  Well part of the problem is our football business model.  Other minorities are not getting an opportunity, who football t-shirt you want people to buy?  How many other people coming out to see people that they have any respect or can feel they want to aspire to be?  Give Chinese people a reason to come out and see another Yao Ming. (Untapped Resource)   
Here’s another example, as a Trini, why do people like watching Dutch Football ?  Because its pretty, yes that’s one plausible reason but the other one is that people feel connected to Gullit, Rjkaard, Winter, Davids et al (All from we region and a mix of our culture). 

Impact of Affirmative Action within the system.
3 I would say proportional representation would add a new shake up of ethnicities and help to improve football  within all facets in the future.   If we were to look at Affirmative Action in regards to employment and in Colleges & Universities, there have been many positives to come out of these programs and improve cultural understanding, communication and foster new relationships. 

Another thing,  in relation to CEO Dexter Skeene.  Will he retire in that position? Is it ever contested? Probably he does the best job as a CEO to many.  Well I would like the see the Honourable Minister of Sport Brent Sancho have a word with him about setting up a status quo across the board about FAIR representation  .   
Football is a business.  If we aren't reading the demographics of our population and doing the correct metrics to evaluate why we continue to lack support, here's one of the main reasons why.  Look at the entire infrastructure and the fraternity.  Will we continue to go through the regurgitated cycle of mediocrity? 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:02:46 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2015, 06:13:19 AM »
Rotato, like I said before, this begins in the home. Do the parents of East Indians boys and girls encourage them to stay and play football beyond high school. Why is it that they do this for cricket and not football. Most parents steer them away from football or get a scholarship to play abroad. My good buddy who coaches high school in the East, told me that a couple years ago he had a player who was very good at both cricket and football. He said that the player was exceptional. kind of like Rundel Winchester type of player. But he was encouraged by his family to play cricket. My buddy could not overrule his parents.

I also guess you are implying that the primary and secondary schools are part of this discrimination process. Because the schools are part of the grass root programs for all sports.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:30:01 AM by Deeks »

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2015, 07:57:53 AM »
Eastern Africa Rift Valley, Olduvai Gorge...Solar System...Dark Energy, Dark Matter...98.6 HEATED Body...Dravidian...Be Aware.

So, when does Levi leave for Holland? Has he had any opportunities to play inna actual game since being signed?
He Is Highly

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:57 AM »
Chinese, Indians, Caucasians..................Blacks  ???

That's my last post on that don't want to derail the thread any further.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2015, 09:38:28 AM »
Chinese, Indians, Caucasians..................Blacks  ???

That's my last post on that don't want to derail the thread any further.

We should put this argument on a separate Thread. This Thread belongs to Levi and his exploits!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2015, 09:58:19 AM »
We like to pride ourselves on how as a small country we achieve so much but I really have to differ here. 

Play yuh fitball- That’s a copout  breds.  That’s just going to continue to sweep the problem under the rug and offer no solutions and policies to move TNT football forward. 

You could argue that 2 foreign Caucasians lended a big hand into taking TNT to d World Cup and you also say a Chinese fella on this board was also instrumental in taking TNT to its first Youth World Cup in Portugal. 

Ok  now, let's narrow things down a bit here.  No need to gasp.  I feel  some aren't following my point.  I am NOT taking away from the notion that there are black players who deserve to be in the team.   There should be room for everyone.  If we continue down the cycle that we see the small mindedness is showing here.  Open your scope see the bigger picture.  This is NOT a Sat Maharaj post. This is asking for thinking from the outside the box approach.
Permit me to expand of where I am going with this minority discussion.

Emulating & feeling of connection

1 If you look at TNT football, over the past 25 years, who have been the footballers in TNT that black youth have had to look up to and tried to emulate.   Let's see Yorke, Latapy, Leonson Lewis, Stern John, Clint Marcelle , KJ amongst others?

How about the other groups  in TNT football? Do the other young youth have any one to see as someone they would want to emulate?  If an Indian child cannot see another Indian child making the national team, then it means that they don't have the same connection as a black youth would have of Yorke or Latapy.   (This is not to say as a black youth you would want to follow Yorke and Latapy behaviour outside the football pitch).

Public Funding & Corporate Funding
2 Why do we lack public and corporate funding?  Well part of the problem is our football business model.  Other minorities are not getting an opportunity, who football t-shirt you want people to buy?  How many other people coming out to see people that they have any respect or can feel they want to aspire to be?  Give Chinese people a reason to come out and see another Yao Ming. (Untapped Resource)   
Here’s another example, as a Trini, why do people like watching Dutch Football ?  Because its pretty, yes that’s one plausible reason but the other one is that people feel connected to Gullit, Rjkaard, Winter, Davids et al (All from we region and a mix of our culture). 

Impact of Affirmative Action within the system.
3 I would say proportional representation would add a new shake up of ethnicities and help to improve football  within all facets in the future.   If we were to look at Affirmative Action in regards to employment and in Colleges & Universities, there have been many positives to come out of these programs and improve cultural understanding, communication and foster new relationships. 

Another thing,  in relation to CEO Dexter Skeene.  Will he retire in that position? Is it ever contested? Probably he does the best job as a CEO to many.  Well I would like the see the Honourable Minister of Sport Brent Sancho have a word with him about setting up a status quo across the board about FAIR representation  .   
Football is a business.  If we aren't reading the demographics of our population and doing the correct metrics to evaluate why we continue to lack support, here's one of the main reasons why.  Look at the entire infrastructure and the fraternity.  Will we continue to go through the regurgitated cycle of mediocrity? 

The USA led the way on Tile IX and Affirmative Action.

In the 1999 FIFA Women's World Cup the USWNT had 1 African-American player on the team.
Fast forward to the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup. The USWNT had 1 player of part African-American descent
In the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup the USA will feature a grand improved total of 2 players of part African-American descent.

That's Title IX and Affirmative action.

Can you automatically identify the African-Americans in this team?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2015, 10:37:16 AM »
Elan as VB pointed out, you are only seeing 2 races Black and White.

What does the women's US team have to do with my discussion about the TNT model.  We are made up differently from them.

In any event I'm happy to hear that the US had 1 player that was partly of American American descent. If this your argument, how many TNT players presently make up of other descent than Afro Trinbagonian?

Now this is like comparing apples and oranges.

Back to my point.  I want to see equal representation.  All I am asking for is 3 players.  You can have the other 8.  How hard is that?

Anyway this is the system that many condone and accept it as the norm.

Deeks, there are exceptions to the rule and you will find individuals who prefer cricket or influenced by parents but you can't tell me that the overall general consensus. 

I cannot comment on discrimination at any level.  I don't have that right.  As an observer I am explaining what I would like to see.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:42:38 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
Mods could you please put this argument on a separate thread(where we can do all the arguing) and leave this open to Levi Garcia?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:05:21 AM by Deeks »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2015, 11:03:23 AM »

What does the women's US team have to do with my discussion about the TNT model.  We are made up differently from them.

In any event I'm happy to hear that the US had 1 player that was partly of American American descent. If this your argument, how many TNT players presently make up of other descent than Afro Trinbagonian?

Back to my point.  I want to see equal representation.  All I am asking for is 3 players.  You can have the other 8.  How hard is that?

Deeks, there are exceptions to the rule and you will find individuals who prefer cricket or influenced by parents but you can't tell me that the overall general consensus. 

I cannot comment on discrimination at any level.  I don't have that right.  As an observer I am explaining what I would like to see.

How am I the one seeing only Black and White when you're the one that introduce Black into the comments? I showed what my issue was when I stated I was not comment any longer. But as Deeks is calling (rightly so) for a separate thread I will engage you and VB.

again, Indian, Chinese....blacks  ???

You're not seeing where I'm going with that?

In regards to the US women's National Team.

Isn't this about football? Did you not reference affirmative action?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2015, 11:12:01 AM »

Who or what is "you"?

You are asking for representation. Should the request not be one of opportunity towards.......? So in order to advance football in T&T we should not be merit based, but equitable in the allocation of spots o the NT?

What about Track and Field? Or is the concern in regards to role models, intersectionality, and representation only applicable to football.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2015, 11:52:07 AM »
Hold up hommies!!  wasn't this thread to be about Levi Garcia ?   In any event i simply don't believe  as it relates to national team football that any group of people are excluded / included from  selection to the national teams based on his or her ethnicity ..!!  do we really believe that ?   i certainly hope that we have not reach that low!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »
i certainly hope that we have not reach that low!!

If we not there yet, we very close!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
Sooooooooo

de yute get a contrack or not?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »
Sooooooooo

de yute get a contrack or not?

ENT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2015, 09:15:48 PM »
Well done Sam!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2015, 05:50:55 AM »
Well done Sam!!

A master of the dark arts ...  :)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2015, 05:54:21 AM »

This is NOT a Sat Maharaj post.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh kill me wid dah one dey.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2015, 08:28:37 AM »
Well done Sam!!

A master of the dark arts ...  :)

Wait, allyuh blaming me?

Expalin nah?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Two more weeks to go
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2015, 09:53:10 PM »
In some other football related news -  Levi Garcia is looking very strong, two weeks and he heads out to Holland for pre season...

http://youtu.be/oAqVz3zRRu8

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Two more weeks to go
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2015, 10:05:17 PM »
Anthony, is he doing a lot of weight training along with the skills work with you guys? How often is he working out overall?

I assume the club gave him a pretty detailed plan including physical exercise, technical skills and diet?

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2015, 10:23:34 PM »
Levi is training pretty much 6 times per week. His gym work is very light at this point with more emphasis on speed and agility...it's really about building extreme muscle conditioning with lots of touch on the ball as well. He has been going to the U23 sessions occasionally and he's also involved in other sessions in San Fernando. Rest and recover is also important at this point. His club was specific as to what they wanted him to focus on in preparation for his preseason - he leaves on the 14th. I wish him the best in Holland...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2015, 10:53:01 PM »
Do you share video progress/video reports with the club?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:53:36 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2015, 02:29:44 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>