March 28, 2024, 07:36:39 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151525 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »
nice news for levi... :beermug: holland is a great base for him to develop into a world class player...

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2015, 03:00:15 PM »
This article is a positive reflection on the Anthony Sherwood academy. The player says that the adjustment wasnt that bad and the coaches mentioned that he came to the club very fit. Obviously part of this is because Garcia is very talented but it looks like all those drills in the videos have definitely helped. Can't wait to see the first graduates from the academy.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
Glad to see ah indian they.

Sam, I would even go further than that.

I would like to see Affirmative action implemented into the College League, Pro League and the National Team.

I think each team should have at least 3 players of various minorities.  Even if they playing shit, they will improve.  It can't be worst than the past 20 years.

I do not buy into the argument that the current crop of black players making up most of these squads are the best for the team. There are players around I'm sure who don't get call or haven't been discovered in small leagues and that is a real pity.  I use to see some real ballers in Freeport and Rio Claro...

For far too other various minorities have not been given a fair shot in TNT football.  Why is it that the Dutch can have so many minorities from countries like Surinam and Nigeria.

At the grassroots level all players should all be encouraged.  We aren't tapping into this resource. 

Since Anthony Sherwood, how many people of Chinese origin play for TNT, how many Indian since Bobby Sookram, how many Caucasians since imported Birchall?

We need stronger and more open minded administrators and less favouritism.  I want to see other minority coaches be given a chance. 

So Indians are not black? What are they then?

That have to be one of the top five dumbest comments I ever see on this forum.
VB

How is it dumb?

So Indians are white?

I trying to find out. Maybe you smarter than me.

Are Thais, Turks, Iranians and Iraqis black or white??

The only two colours you know are black and white??
Go to the nearest Kindergarten class, they will have a poster of colours for you to learn.

VB

no need for affirmative action because you want to select the best players but better scouting and open mindedness is needed..

not every coach is like deeks friend... the question should be asked, why didn't the player who has talent like a rundell winchester encouraged??? why did his parents say cricket??

another question that needs to be brought up is, why wasn't a player like roopie allowed into the pro league, we had a big debate but we lost a potential midfielder who can add something to our national team in the future..

the coaches and mentality needs to change, narrow minded, or close minded thinking is associated with TT society and that is the reason expansion has not happened...

the admin and others have kept it this way... the suggestion of affirmative action is something i don't agree with but may work over the course of a 5 year time period, where other players are scouted, only the best of course, this will bring awareness to other players from other regions and also get rid of the stigma.. I wouldn't condone something like this happening for any extended period of time or permanently, maybe we can think of another way to combat this without resorting to affirmative action..

definitely a separate thread though..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »
This article is a positive reflection on the Anthony Sherwood academy. The player says that the adjustment wasnt that bad and the coaches mentioned that he came to the club very fit. Obviously part of this is because Garcia is very talented but it looks like all those drills in the videos have definitely helped. Can't wait to see the first graduates from the academy.
:applause:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2015, 04:11:59 PM »
In the interest of clarity ... Is it that Levi is in Holland preparing at a club "officially" other than AZ but with AZ just gehhin an early start? The pivoting factor being when he turns 18?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2015, 02:17:33 AM »
Garcia draws attention from Van Basten.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National Under-20 midfielder Levi Garcia has completed two months of intense preseason training with Dutch top flight club AZ Alkmaar.

Garcia, the outstanding midfielder from Shiva Boys College, who also played for Siparia Spurs, returned home on Monday and is expected to return to the club maybe a week before his 18th birthday on November 20. Only then can the player make his professional debut for the AZ first team for which he has signed a three-year-contract. Garcia has however already trained with the first team and played in preseason training matches.

The highlight however for the 17-year-old has been training under former Holland legend Marco Van Basten who had been the head coach for the club earlier this year before stepping away for health reasons. Van Basten returned to the set up recently and was significantly involved in sessions with Garcia. The former AC Milan star however left the club again after being hired as one of the assistant managers of the Dutch national team.

“One of the real highlights for me apart from all the activities of preseason was being able to work with Marco Van Basten. He paid a lot of attention to me during training. We spoke a lot. At every session he would come over and give me advice. He showed me a lot of things. That was special for me,” Garcia said.

Van Basten was also quoted in the Dutch Press as describing Garcia an “exceptional 17-year-old talent with a lot of ability”.

“The first few weeks was amazing. It was a bit tough at first because of the change in conditions and adapting to the speed of the game. But I settled in. I got a few goals in the practice games. They’ve welcomed me quite nicely at the club and I’m comfortable,” Garcia said.

“I played all the first team practice games but then they had to go off to the Europa Cup so I stayed back and trained with the Reserves but then I was back with the first team again.”

The player has put on a lot of muscle over the past couple months which he says was listed as a priority by the club.

“They were serious about physical development. I was in the gym before every training session on the field. And they were not very strict on diet but they made sure I was eating all the right things and following a programme,” he said.

Garcia also spoke about Leo Beenhakker and following the Soca Warriors during the Gold Cup.

“One of the first things I wanted to do when I got there was to meet Leo Beenhakker. But because of the training schedule I wasn’t able to. The club said they will definitely arrange for me to meet him when I return in November. And the national team for me was amazing at the Gold Cup. I was following the Gold Cup out there and the team did better than I expected. I was really excited. I really have my hopes on making the team at some point once I can settle in at the club and start playing in the League,” Garcia said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2015, 05:44:36 AM »
The player has put on a lot of muscle over the past couple months which he says was listed as a priority by the club.

“They were serious about physical development. I was in the gym before every training session on the field. And they were not very strict on diet but they made sure I was eating all the right things and following a programme,” he said.

Local players, take heed!!!!

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2015, 06:19:37 AM »
Why is he back in TT til November? If he's part of the club and there's a problem with his age, wouldn't they play him in the reserves or with a youth team to keep up his fitness? Maybe I missed something but the article makes it sound like he did preseason and now is off til his birthday. Doesn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:23:26 AM by grimm01 »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2015, 06:29:10 AM »
August, September, October, November ... dahis a long time to be gone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2015, 07:20:00 AM »
Well he will be on the MNT for the upcoming games. let's look on the bright side.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2015, 07:44:53 AM »
Van basten is a big endorsement....

Very happy for Levi.... I look forward to seeing him in the friendlies for the national team...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »
November is a far way, he will get unfit again.

Its important Hart keep this player close and interested.

He fit and should get a call up for next month games, even training.

But call him Hartie, and leggo a cap on him.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2015, 09:44:58 AM »
Hopefully he could continue training with Sherwood when not with the Senior squad

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »
Hopefully he could continue training with Sherwood when not with the Senior squad

Probably but that would only help maintain his base fitness level. The game fitness and sharpness that he's gained by training with the first team is likely to be lost. I think grimm and 'seeker on to something and we don't have the full/proper story.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2015, 10:18:50 AM »
Why is he back in TT til November? If he's part of the club and there's a problem with his age, wouldn't they play him in the reserves or with a youth team to keep up his fitness? Maybe I missed something but the article makes it sound like he did preseason and now is off til his birthday. Doesn't make any sense.

No offence to Fuentes but he's not the best reporter in terms of details..

I think I will ask Lasana if he could do an interview with Levi to get the real scoop as to why he is out for several months.. That way we will get a in depth report on what happened and why the long lay off..

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »

No offence to Fuentes but he's not the best reporter in terms of details..

I think I will ask Lasana if he could do an interview with Levi to get the real scoop as to why he is out for several months.. That way we will get a in depth report on what happened and why the long lay off..

I wonder if it was a visa issue? Maybe he could only get a visitors visa for 4 or 8 weeks? When he goes back I guess he would have a work permit (although I did think that EU countries had similar work permit requirements as UK-just no so harsh)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2015, 02:33:56 PM »
isnt there a member with the handle (amwood) who promotes this player and post clips of his training sessions, so why not wait on him and he more than anyone would be best suited to give full details on all the whys and wherefores?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2015, 06:29:57 AM »
In the meantime, Levi running out for Marabella Family Crisis Centre.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2015, 06:30:55 AM »

Is there a crisis?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2015, 06:42:59 AM »

Hmm something seems amiss... Wish someone can give us the real story behind Levi's current status with AZ Alkmaar.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:30:06 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2015, 07:01:15 AM »
He can't move until he's 18 - FIFA rules governing the transfer of youngsters

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2015, 07:30:28 AM »
He can't move until he's 18 - FIFA rules governing the transfer of youngsters

This isn't lost on anyone.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2015, 07:41:34 AM »
Levi will return to Holland to begin his career with AZ in November (when he turns 18)...from what I hear he had a great showing with them in preseason. He's back home doing everything possible to maintain his fitness. Would have been great for him to stay on in Holland, but he is unable to do so until he is granted his work visa...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »

Hmm something seems amiss... Which someone can give us the real story behind Levi's current status with AZ Alkmaar.

I am ASSUMING, the Super League is not Pro, therefore, it might be allowed he can suit for a SL team without it affecting his contract??

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »
How come he ah geh call up yet?

Its best they call him now cos more caps and experience is better.

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2015, 12:21:51 PM »
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »

Shouldn't he at least be playing regular football at a decent level in the past year or so?

Why would he get preference over players who have been playing Pro League or professionally abroad?  Especially when the national team coach has said players need to be playing regular football for their clubs to be in contention for selection?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2015, 01:10:42 PM »

Shouldn't he at least be playing regular football at a decent level in the past year or so?

Why would he get preference over players who have been playing Pro League or professionally abroad?  Especially when the national team coach has said players need to be playing regular football for their clubs to be in contention for selection?

Bingo.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2015, 03:16:38 PM »

Palas !!!

Yuh not getting de point.

A player of this quality, who have a higher level of the people his age, like Yorke and Latapy should be giving experience.

Nobody eh saying de man should just get pick.

It would be nice to see him call up like Neveal Hackshaw and Kadeem Corbin to train with the senior team.

Just training alone will make him open his eyes a little to high international football.

We need to groom them early.

Yorke, Gally and Marcelle made their debut for T&T at 16 and 15.

Come nah, see de big picture nah.

So yes, give Levi priority over de locals, this way when he get call up later is his age it would be a shock for them.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2015, 10:54:42 PM »

true true well let we see how he do after november nah. by next world cup he go be like what, 20? if he prove himself at AZ we shouldnt hesitate to put him in di squad cos we got room

1]; } ?>