March 28, 2024, 08:20:12 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151528 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2015, 11:19:08 PM »
How come he ah geh call up yet?

Its best they call him now cos more caps and experience is better.

Shouldn't he at least be playing regular football at a decent level in the past year or so?

Why would he get preference over players who have been playing Pro League or professionally abroad?  Especially when the national team coach has said players need to be playing regular football for their clubs to be in contention for selection?

Palas !!!

Yuh not getting de point.

A player of this quality, who have a higher level of the people his age, like Yorke and Latapy should be giving experience.

Nobody eh saying de man should just get pick.

It would be nice to see him call up like Neveal Hackshaw and Kadeem Corbin to train with the senior team.

Just training alone will make him open his eyes a little to high international football

We need to groom them early.

Yorke, Gally and Marcelle made their debut for T&T at 16 and 15.

Come nah, see de big picture nah.

So yes, give Levi priority over de locals, this way when he get call up later is his age it would be a shock for them.

I thought only I see dat.

A first div club in Holland want TT teenager, let him train, inspire him, blood him in trials. Maybe he will play maybe not but SH of all ppl knows that talented yutes need to be groomed and blooded.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2015, 06:22:35 AM »
You guys made valid points, but I feel Levi will get his turn soon. I doubt very much that SH and the tech. staff do not have a plan for Levi. The problem is getting enough friendly so that the coach can see them play. It would have been nice if we had a game yesterday with all the home based players. Levi could have been in that. Yesterday was a FiFa friendly date. Wasn't? Election or not, this should have been arranged.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2015, 07:20:31 AM »
YUh right Deeks, but remember, Corbin didn't play, so as ah say, Levi dont have to play for playing sake, as Hartie pointed out in de article, but training with the national senior team might be a good thing for him.

He eh going back till Novemeber, this will encourga him and he will be looking forward to playing for T&T in the future.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »
YUh right Deeks, but remember, Corbin didn't play, so as ah say, Levi dont have to play for playing sake, as Hartie pointed out in de article, but training with the national senior team might be a good thing for him.

He eh going back till Novemeber, this will encourga him and he will be looking forward to playing for T&T in the future.

I don't know why that was not done. But yes, he should be at least training with the team, even if he is not picked to play.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2015, 03:42:45 PM »
Saw Levi last week for Marabella Family CC, the player look very mature, he scored a double in that game and looked superior. He is the reason why Marabella Family is doing so well this season.

Definitely worth a call for for the home game vs Nicaragua and the away one vs Panama.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2015, 05:48:51 PM »
Saw Levi last week for Marabella Family CC, the player look very mature, he scored a double in that game and looked superior. He is the reason why Marabella Family is doing so well this season.

Definitely worth a call for for the home game vs Nicaragua and the away one vs Panama.

What league does Marabella Family play in?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2015, 05:57:07 PM »

Super League
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »

Super League

Thanks.  Any Super League players on the National team of recent vintage?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2015, 10:01:47 PM »
think marcus joseph made the senior team while playing super league and rundell winchester and "chucky" were both super league players before moving to central then moving the the NT
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »
When he starts to deliver like a star in quality competitive matches then I will rate him as a star. We have been down this road with many past players only to end up eating humble pie.

Otherwise I wish him the best as I do with all our young players

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2015, 08:16:43 PM »
He doh hadda be a star, he jes hadda become a consistently competent professional. A couple days ago I saw a scouting report on a player whose name everyone here knows and as much of a "star" as he has been, the report explains why he is not graded as an A baller. Yet, if Levi Garcia achieves a speck of this player's heights, Piarco would ram anytime he touched down. Leh de player grow nah.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:28:04 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2015, 10:06:36 PM »
A bit much ? Sorry about that , I will delete But I just know it.★
He's still real young tho .
And remember who said it first eh.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:23:58 PM by Quags »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
Anybody knows who his agent is?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »
Anybody knows who his agent is?

Humphry Nijman
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2015, 09:15:20 PM »
A little work before he heads back to Holland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJAb5QNm1A

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2015, 04:02:38 AM »
Nirvan looking good boy.

Me eh care what anybody say, I woulda take a chance with Levi and have him training with de senior team, this player need to be encourage, he is we future superstar.

Gally took a chance with Yorke.

Marcelle and Latas also get they chance.

Corbin get he chance and he eh nothing better than Levi.

Hart lapsing.

We have two regular keepers and nothing more, that's a problem.

Hart giving a unfit Hyland and Justin unlimited sweats in de past and them was clubless, give Greg Ramjitsingh a shot.

Look how SWO is de one who get Hart to give Jonathan Glenn a shot and look at him now.

Sometimes players just need a little encouragement and they does improve, next thing, they taste national call up and they go back to their clubs with better attitudes and drive and then they end up being regulars there to.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:23:22 AM by Sam »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2015, 04:36:53 AM »
Nirvan looking good boy.

Me eh care what anybody say, I woulda take a chance with Levi and have him training with de senior team, this player need to be encourage, he is we future superstar.

Gally took a chance with Yorke.

Marcelle and Latas also get they chance.

Corbin get he chance and he eh nothing better than Levi.

Hart lapsing.

We have two regular keepers and nothing more, that's a problem.

Hart giving a unfit Hyland and Justin unlimited sweats in de past and them was clubless, give Greg Ramjitsingh a shot.

Look how SWO is de one who get Hart to give Jonathan Glenn a shot and look at him now.

Sometimes players just need a little encouragement and they does improve, next thing, they taste national call up and they go back to their clubs with better attitudes and drive and then they end up being regulars there to.

Agreed eh Sam...but I recall when Hart spoke about Corbin and Levi, he say he eh want anyone that not playing competitive ball...Corbin was with Rangers I think, and Levi was sweating for he school o something so...now yea..he sign with a big club, but he eh sweating yet! Next year for sure I looking out to see him fall een...until then Hart know what he doing...in terms of what u discussed with confidence boost and attitude...yes and no...doh rush de brush, yuh go spoil d painting! For d hour!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2015, 05:38:13 AM »
Justin Hoyte eh play for de entire year and he was playing for T&T,,,,,, Hyland play 3 games for Genk all season and he was regular for T&T,,,,,, Corbin was not playing regular for Rangers, he was not even training, because he head did swell and he get to go to de gold cup, Gomez, Hackaw and Andrews get chance.

Why yuh doh ask Sherwood how Levi doing and looking.

De man play a few reserve games with he new club in Holland and was playing regular with Marbella CC in de super league. De man is Marabella best and fittest player in de SUPER LEAGUE.

Nobody eh saying we have to cap him, allyuh missin de point.

Same for Ramjitsingh,,,,,, Hart waiting for man to get injured then to call back up keepers, like we have options out there in de keeper department.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:34:12 AM by Sam »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »
Levi is a very focused youth man, very grounded...he does understand that to get that call up he has to spark in Holland. He is highly respectful of coach Hart and his process regarding national team selection. It appears that everything is now in order and we will see him in Holland very soon. Wishing him the very best out there!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2015, 07:13:35 AM »
Levi is a very focused youth man, very grounded...he does understand that to get that call up he has to spark in Holland. He is highly respectful of coach Hart and his process regarding national team selection. It appears that everything is now in order and we will see him in Holland very soon. Wishing him the very best out there!
Levi might be better prepared and fitter than when Dwight took off for Villa , good job Tony.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2015, 07:16:15 AM »
Like this kid a whole lot, only one other Trini player I ever saw ride and evade tackles like that and keep going.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
All the best. Represent in Holland and open the door to send more Trinis/Bagos while the senior Warriors try to keep our FIFA ratings up.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2015, 02:25:01 PM »
I see a lot of potential in this player especially on the physical side. At his age he is only going to grow at AZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJAb5QNm1A

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »

Well said Sherwood.

Levi's time will come.  Once he settles into his new club and continues to work hard, he is sure to be a fixture for our national team for years to come.  All these requests for him to train with the national squad are premature.  His time will come, and quite frankly, his focus (and i dont blame him) at the moment is elsewhere.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »
Did you know

Levi has a lot of family members currently playing football in T&T.

Nathaniel Garcia (Brother) plays for Central FC.
Daniel Garcia (Brother) plays for Siparia Spurs.
Judah Garcia (Brother) plays for T&T U-15 Team & Shiva Boys.
Brent Garcia (Cousin) plays for Petrotrin Palo Seco.
Wilian Garcia (Cousin) plays for Petrotrin Palo Seco.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:01:49 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2015, 02:59:14 AM »
The A to Z on AZ and T&T rising star Levi Garcia.
By Michelle Cox (wired868).

On 20 November 2015, Levi Garcia’s 18th birthday, the former Shiva Boys Hindu College schoolboy will become the youngest Trinidad and Tobago player ever to sign for an top flight club in Europe when he moves to Netherland Eredivisie team, AZ Alkmaar—Dwight Yorke joined Aston Villa a month after he turned 18 in 1989.

Garcia, who was born to parents Judith and Carl Garcia, comes from a football family with three brothers who represent different teams and sisters who are avid fans of the sport.

his humble lion (cub) attributes his talent and successes to Jesus Christ. A firm believer that without prayer nothing can be accomplished, he reaffirmed that “God always answers my prayers.”

Wired868 had the pleasure of sitting down with the young and talented Levi Garcia after one of his practice sessions designed to maintain his durability and fitness levels before his departure to AZ.

The soft-spoken but confident youth spoke candidly about his past and present experiences on and off the football field:

Full Name: Levi Samuel Garcia

Date of Birth: 28 November 1997

Favourite Number: #11

Present Position: Forward or left midfield

Home Town: Santa Flora, born and bred.

Schools attended and position played:
I played left midfield under the coaching of teacher, Mr Mayrhoo at Santa Flora Government School, then Shiva Boys Hindu College where I also played left midfield and striker.

Favourite player:
I would say Ataullah Guerra (Central FC). He does some things on the field that you don’t see everyday.

Favourite player:
Neymar (da Silva Santos Júnior) of FC Barcelona

What is your favourite dish?
I don’t have a favourite dish but I enjoy Sunday lunch (pie, callaloo, pasta, rice, meat etc.)

How many siblings do you have and where do you fall in the line up?
(I have) three brothers, Daniel, Nathaniel and Judah, and two sisters, Carla and Adanna. I am second to last.

Which three words best describes you as a person?
Humble, unique and quiet.

If you were an animal, which would you be and why?
A lion. Just for being the leader of the jungle.

When informed that the lion position comes with great responsibility, he replied,
“I hold responsibility very well.”

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
To be honest, I don’t really have free time. I am either kicking a ball outside or listening to music thinking about football (plays and strategies). Most times it is football and sleep or music and football. I like gospel and conscious reggae music.

What pushes you to succeed?
My family mostly. Coming from where I came from, it was tough and knowing that it’s rare in Trinidad for a player to make it out there. The most important thing is Jesus Christ. He always pushes me everyday, (makes me) work harder. He speaks to me most everyday, so He pushes and through Him all things are possible. And really that is where my “football” comes from.

Where and when did you start playing football?
I always liked football. At home the entire family likes football, so I HAD to play football. My three brothers all play football for different teams. Judah plays for the National Under-15 Team and also for Shiva Boys, Nathaniel plays for Central FC and Daniel plays for Siparia Spurs.

What is your ambition in the game?
To be honest, I really want to reach until there is nowhere else to go. I want to go as far as Barcelona or Real Madrid. I want to keep pushing until they tell me I have to stop playing. And then probably take Sepp’s position (as FIFA President) or whoever is holding it at that time. (He laughed)

What makes you stand out as a player?
My speed, quick thinking and movement of the ball. (AZ) was impressed with my powerful shot from the left leg, so I guess that makes me stand out too. Don’t worry you get the impressive shot from the right foot too, a little softer but still impressive. (He laughed again)

Who was your most important coach/coaches and why?
Hmmmm, I would have to say Dennis Cox.  I started (with him) at the youth level and he really groomed me to make it this far.

How do you prepare for a football match?
I watch positive videos all the time. I watch videos of my favourite player and I sit and think about the game and the things I want to do in the game. Listen to positive music always, no negative music, so when I listen to positive music, I play a positive game.

What is your biggest challenge on/off the field?
My biggest challenge on the field is not scoring. So every game I go in praying that I score one goal. I don’t ask for much, so when I score that one goal (it’s a) sigh of relief  (and) that I can do anything else.

My biggest challenge off the field is “not impressing” my fans, family and support. I make sure I impress them all the time.  If I don’t then it means that I didn’t play well or I think I’m letting them down. I always play with the effort to impress (my family).

What was your best and worst moment in football so far?
Signing this contract with AZ, because since I was with the Santa Flora government (school) I was just praying everyday to make it out there (and) to play with Neymar, Messi and some of those guys. But landing this contract is the BEST moment thus far.

The worst I would say was not performing well in the Under-20 CONCACAF Championship in January 2015. It was not my best tournament. I had a little sickness right before the tournament and my motivation level was not right up there. Everything was not working in my favour going into the tournament but I still kept a strong mind.

How do you deal with disappointment?
Prayer… Without prayer you can’t accomplish anything. So if I am disappointed in something, I just pray and the next day, the next 20 minutes, I just smile and everything works out because God always answers my prayers.

Do you still have a relationship with Central FC after the contract signing impasse?
My relationship with Central FC is completely over because we came to a situation where we had to buy the contract out. But everything has worked out properly and now I can go as a free player.

Your brother plays for Central FC, how is that working out considering your past relations with them?
It doesn’t affect him much, but sometimes they may have taken some of the pressure out on him because I have seen it for myself and he talked about it. But it has changed and it is kinda working for him now.

What is your relationship with Mr Dion Sosa?
I would say that he is more of a friend. He calls and sees what I’m doing. He lets me know what the agent wants; what I need to do. I would say a close friend. He’s a very good guy also.

How did/does it feel to be the youngest player signed?
It feels great. It feels like winning a world cup to me because it shows other youngsters that it’s not a matter about age but it’s about hard work, praying and (your) mind. Being the youngest is just a great feeling–almost unexplainable.

How does it feel to be the first Trinidad and Tobago player to head to the Eredivisie (since 2007/08 Darryl Roberts – Sparta Rotterdam)?
I don’t know about that but everyday I just wake up smiling. It is a moment of extreme excitement thinking that I have to go back (to the Netherlands) and play.

What was it like playing overseas?
The welcome was amazing.  I expected that when guys see that you are good, they start pushing you away, but instead they welcomed me to the team. It made me feel at home and there I could have shown my true form.

Everything went well for the first trip. The return was even better because the guys started pushing me (to be better). They said they saw something in me, you could have seen that they already wanted me on the team.  So it was even better.

What is your target for 2015?
(He smiled broadly) My 18th birthday will be the birthday of fantastic things. I am going to start my career with AZ and from there I’m looking to shoot for the stars. I’m leaving just after my birthday to play pro football and learn the Dutch language. (He laughed)

It is a three-year contract and I foresee going to England after that. Maybe to a bigger club.

Who would you consider to be your greatest fan (that you know)?
I would say my mother, Judith.  Everything she’s been there for… Sometimes she’d spend her last money on football boots for me because I needed it, so I would say she’s my greatest fan.

If you weren’t playing football what would you be doing?
I don’t think anything. Football is the only thing that has been on my mind since birth. I can’t think of anything else to do.

What are your thoughts on what is going on in FIFA?
I don’t pay much attention to it. I always think positive. Sometimes it just bypasses me so I don’t really see it as a problem.

Do you have any words of inspiration/support for upcoming athletes in this field?
First things first: just keeping praying. Believe in Jesus Christ because through Him all things are possible. With me, I can say I’m young like any other boy and I prayed and worked hard, and look at where I am today.

So if you guys just continue working hard you can also reach here. Always stay humble, don’t get swell-headed as soon as things come your way. Just continue being the same person you will always are and have respect for your parents and friends.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2015, 04:59:05 AM »
The A to Z on AZ and T&T rising star Levi Garcia.
By Michelle Cox (wired868).

On 20 November 2015, Levi Garcia’s 18th birthday, the former Shiva Boys Hindu College schoolboy will become the youngest Trinidad and Tobago player ever to sign for an top flight club in Europe when he moves to Netherland Eredivisie team, AZ Alkmaar—Dwight Yorke joined Aston Villa a month after he turned 18 in 1989.

Garcia, who was born to parents Judith and Carl Garcia, comes from a football family with three brothers who represent different teams and sisters who are avid fans of the sport.

his humble lion (cub) attributes his talent and successes to Jesus Christ. A firm believer that without prayer nothing can be accomplished, he reaffirmed that “God always answers my prayers.”

Wired868 had the pleasure of sitting down with the young and talented Levi Garcia after one of his practice sessions designed to maintain his durability and fitness levels before his departure to AZ.

The soft-spoken but confident youth spoke candidly about his past and present experiences on and off the football field:

Full Name: Levi Samuel Garcia

Date of Birth: 28 November 1997

Ah boy  ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2015, 01:47:03 PM »
Good Interview; Good luck to him, I hope he does well.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2015, 03:14:47 PM »
Nice interview..............was hoping that he wouldnt say the "bigger club" talk.  We all remember how that worked out for other players.

However, he still sounds very grounded and i wish him the best.  My hope is that by the time the games vs St Vincent come around next year, he would be in our national squad.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>