March 29, 2024, 08:04:26 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151710 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2016, 05:42:05 AM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia scores the opening goal in Jong AZ Alkmaar’s 4-2 win over Jong Almere City

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5vnY84aM2XA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5vnY84aM2XA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2016, 09:06:49 AM »
WATCH: AZ Alkmaar supporters chant Levi Garcia’s name after he scored his first goal for the club against NEC Nijmegen on January 30th, 2016.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hISMi4pTw-I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hISMi4pTw-I</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2016, 11:05:56 PM »
scoring them goals and hearing your name sung by thousands must be surreal.

keep up the good work
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2016, 05:20:36 AM »
Garcia ready for Soca Warriors call.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

T&T Dutch-based Levi Garcia says he’s flattered to be on Stephen Hart’s radar for possible selection on the national team. Garcia has been enjoying a fine opening spell to the Dutch top flight with AZ Alkmaar since making his debut in late January.

And Hart, who worked with Garcia when he represented the National Under 20 team at the CONCACAF final round of World Cup qualifiers last year in Jamaica, has hinted that he is monitoring the teenager’s progress at Alkmaar.

Garcia hails from Santa Flora and is former student of Shiva Boys Hindu College. “I’ve seen all his games and he’s making solid progress. He’s playing at a very good level in a strong league,” Hart said.

And Garcia has taken note of Hart’s monitoring. “To be honest, the feeling is just very exciting but humble and relaxed,” Garcia said about his first month playing European football. “It’s just a happy moment for me and I’m pleased to know that my hard work and belief is paying off.

It’s early days yet but I am happy to be able to show other youths that there is a lot to go after and you can reach somewhere once you put your heart and mind to it and believe in God at the same time. And I am happy to be able to show people that there are still opportunities for us out here in Europe,” Garcia said this week.

“I have a lot of respect for coach Hart. I am happy he’s keeping tabs on me. It’s a very exciting moment to be so close to being in the World Cup qualifiers and I would really like to be on the team. I believe I am ready honestly and I think I have a lot to show. At the same time I want to continue wishing the team all the best and I hope we continue to achieve success,” Garcia added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2016, 02:59:01 PM »
LEVI GARCIA earns plaudits on his full debut with AZ Alkmaar.

De Telegraaf:
"On the left, Levi Garcia was impressive against Willem II. The 18 year-old left winger was scintillating and proved to be a handful for Willem’s right-back, Frank van der Struijk. Moreover, Garcia played a key role in AZ’s first major opportunity in the 25th minute. Stijn Wuytens sent him deep with a brilliant through ball, but Garcia’s effort just went wide of the goal."

Voetbal International:
"The eighteen year-old debutant Levi Garcia was one of the stars of the match, with his dribbling."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2016, 06:17:54 PM »
Great!!

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2016, 09:24:05 PM »
Proud of this of this youth...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
As you should be! And in yourself for having a hand in his development and preparation!  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2016, 10:49:23 AM »
As you should be! And in yourself for having a hand in his development and preparation!  :beermug:
Agree 100%

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2016, 10:25:34 PM »
The price for the prize.

Great understanding from the League--a kid his age needs a family away from home.

Excellent.

Garcia's attitude will take him before kings.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2016, 08:02:14 AM »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2016, 06:00:35 AM »
Got a start today vs Twente
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2016, 07:32:56 AM »
Got a start today vs Twente

And an assist as well. Keep it up young gun!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2016, 05:20:49 AM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia weaves his way past two FC Twente defenders before crashing his shot off the crossbar.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eJZNjKhifDY?start=99" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eJZNjKhifDY?start=99</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2016, 12:46:14 PM »
Garcia’s Big Dreams.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Levi Garcia has always had big dreams. He once dreamt about playing for this country, he dreamt about playing alongside Kenwyne Jones one day and he dreamt about moving out of Santa Flora, his hometown in South, Trinidad.

To think that this 18-year-old once played on several of the community and school grounds in the country, some of those grounds which have only been boosted with flood lights in the past five years or so, but struggles to boast of a proper pitch, unkept change rooms if any at all, no outfitted space for proper recovery or rehab, for the most, a shop down the road that may sell a soft drink, biscuits, beers or a Gatorade if you’re lucky.

He is a past player with Shiva Boys Hindu College and underwent some training to keep sharp with the Anthony Sherwood Football Academy in Gulf View prior to heading back to Holland before his making his debut there.

And now, this same teenager is competing against and brushing shoulders with some of the biggest names in Dutch football in a country which produced the likes of Ruud Gullit, Marco Van Basten, Frank Rijkaard, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Arjen Robben and Leo Beenhakker. In fact, Van Basten, a legend, spotted Garcia’s talent during his early trial period over there and acted almost immediately.

It just goes to show, just like Garcia says, that nothing can beat talent, belief, desire to succeed and strong ambition. Put persistence in there as well.

“I can’t believe it sometimes, you know,” Garcia said after his first training session with the Senior Team last week at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

He stepped off the plane following a long flight the previous night and early next morning he was in training with the national team on home soil.

“It’s an honour and a dream come true to play with Kenwyne and the national team. Once you believe, you can achieve,” he said.

Garcia knows all too well about the struggles to perform for little or nothing.

“It’s a struggle. Sometimes there is nothing much to play for but if you want to make it bigger, it is something you have to go through. Sometimes some people have to fight longer than others. I feel fortunate because at a young age I am getting to live my dream,” Garcia said.

“It’s not that hard now that I am out there because I just continue working hard and I enjoy every moment. The only hard thing is maybe the food but the weather isn’t that bad anymore because I am getting accustomed.

“But for the boys like me who come from places like I did, you have to be willing to push yourself more. There was a time when I felt like giving up because that is very easy to happen. But you have to stick it out and grab the opportunity when it comes. You have to say, I want this and even If I don’t get it, I will keep going and going until it happens,” Garcia said.

He hopes to make his international debut today when T&T takes on St Vincent/Grenadines in a 2018 World Cup qualifier at Arnos Vale. But even if he doesn’t, he’s prepared to keep going until it happens. In the meantime, he hopes his story can inspire others on a similar journey.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2016, 03:44:30 PM »
Levi, Levi, Levi, Levi.......I updating your thread. Maybe Madrid or Barca next??!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
Levi Garcia is a F00cking BOSS !!!!!!

He will be bigger than Messi.

Allyuh watch.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2016, 03:45:55 PM »
Soooo tremendously happy for this young man! Wayyy to go, congratulations! Talk about rising to the occasion!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 25, 2016, 03:59:37 PM »
Levi Garcia...TAKE A BOW SON..TAKE A BOW.
Welcome to International Football...and Thank you very much.
TnT 3 ( own goal..Levi Garcia 2 ( as a sub)..St Vincent 2.
Not The best performance..but i dont ever watch Miss World or Miss Universe....This is World Cup Qualifying Football..and sometimes it gets very Ugly...3 Massive Points...on to Tuesday in TnT...
tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt

https://www.facebook.com/socawarriors.net/photos/t.100010721476553/10154008499339314/?type=3&theater
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2016, 04:01:24 PM »
WOW! real proud of "The Kid"!

hope he can stay on course for the BIG things ahead

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »
Levi is on the cusp of becoming concacaf's next big star..

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
Great job young man.  Let us support him (referring to the future bad games he will have where the forum experts will call him a shithound).  He has a great future ahead of him and let us not call him the next Yorke, next Latas, etc.  He is Levi Garcia.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2016, 04:17:43 PM »
Great job young man.  Let us support him (referring to the future bad games he will have where the forum experts will call him a shithound).  He has a great future ahead of him and let us not call him the next Yorke, next Latas, etc.  He is Levi Garcia.

:beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »
I remember seeing this youth walking in Santa Flora (by the bar-b-q pigtail man)two years ago when I was back home.

It clearly shows that he is playing/training at a high level!

Apart from the two goals, de SPANNER did it for me. when last we had ah Nashy with the chutzpah to execute one?!?

I look forward to seeing dis youth excel:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2016, 04:59:14 PM »
Levi Garcia, God is great keep up the faith and you will go such a long way. So fitting that Levi came on today and won this game.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »
Levi reminds me a bit of Sterling from Man. City.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 25, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »
Levi reminds me a bit of Sterling from Man. City.

I thought the same thing. LG is very dynamic. Just like Sterling.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2016, 01:37:06 AM »
Levi, Levi, Levi, Levi.......I updating your thread. Maybe Madrid or Barca next??!!

The Prem is where the action is, and MONEY lies.
Nice to see Garcia following the paths of Romario and Ronaldo,
playing in Holland first, then ..................
AZ should be in Europe '16-'17, only a matter of time before the
Premiership comes calling, AND the money!

1]; } ?>