March 28, 2024, 04:47:31 PM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151596 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2016, 01:43:33 AM »
He belongs in La liga ... Or bundesliga

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2016, 06:10:38 AM »
Great job young man.  Let us support him (referring to the future bad games he will have where the forum experts will call him a shithound).  He has a great future ahead of him and let us not call him the next Yorke, next Latas, etc.  He is Levi Garcia.
They eh hearing yuh.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2016, 06:15:14 AM »
Amen
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2016, 07:03:01 AM »
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2016, 07:03:40 AM »
Correction, player of the day yesterday!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
Levi Garcia talks about his Double on Debut for Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BPALabKZDk8&amp;t=03m19s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BPALabKZDk8&amp;t=03m19s</a>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:45:45 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2016, 09:11:51 AM »
Levi dedicates goals to his Parents.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

He’s the baby of the National Senior Men’s Team and quite fittingly, Levi Garcia dedicated his two goals on debut for Trinidad and Tobago to his parents Carl and Judith Garcia.

Garcia scored two goals to lead T&T to a 3-2 victory over St Vincent and the Grenadines on Friday in Kingstown,

“It’s s moment to remember. 2016 has been very good to me. I had been praying all night to score my debut goal and from the time h (Stephen Hart) said Levi warm up, I was just excited,” Garcia told TTFA Media after the win

“From the time I saw the guy backing, I just knew it was a one on one situation, take him on and shoot and it is just an amazing feeling to score my first goal.

“It’s not about age but it’s about focus, strength, power and doing your job so I came on as substitute at a very young age and just decided to play as I usually do and enjoy the moment. I did what I had to do and you can see what happened,” the 18-year-old AZ Alkmaar player added.

T&T head coach Stephen Hart was not doing any cartwheels after the come from behind win as he gave his reactions which indicated that he we was not thrilled by the team’s performance.

“I thought we didn’t show our real purpose in closing down the ball in pressing and our organization between midfield and backline was at times, for me, shocking, I didn’t realize some of the things we were doing. Once you realize a team is gong to play direct balls, the objective is to stop them from playing those balls from as early as possible.

“For the first half we had a lot of possession. We got into good positions all over the field and then we struggled to make the final pass or cross the ball properly or just have that impetus to have shots on goal. A goal scores on you and now you are away from home in a dog fight to get a goal back,” Hart said.

“I cannot accept this performance but what I would say is that we fought our way back. We got three points and we can play much, much better, We have to look deep within ourselves and be more efficient with and without the ball,

“It’s not about one player but it’s all about the team and our attitude at times was wrong.

“I think it was a fantastic debut by young Levi Garcia and Hackshaw came on, with textbook sort of pass, pass, run, finish and between two of them they got us back into the game

“Hackshaw has a few games under his belt, Levi is full of confidence and that’s what you need. You are picking players to contribute to the team.” Hart concluded.

The T&T team had a recovery session at the Buccament Bay Resort training facility on Saturday morning and will resume preparations on Sunday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The team returned to Port of Spain on Saturday evening.

Both teams will meet at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 7pm on Tuesday.

Tickets Are on Sale at All advertised outlets straight into Tuesday and will also be on sale from Tuesday morning at the Match Venue from 9am. Tickets cost $300 (covered) and $150 (uncovered). All Patrons including children must have a ticket to enter the stadium.

T&T’s win on Friday, coupled with Guatemala’s 2-0 victory over the United States left the “Warriors” atop the group with seven points ahead of Guatemala (six points) and USA (four). The win for Guatemala also meant that T&T must go for the win on Tuesday against St Vincent in order to stay ahead of the pack and look ahead to the closing two matches in September to seal their final round spot.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2016, 12:37:33 PM »
Trinidad's lonely tulip in full bloom Levi Garcia
Fifa.com Reports

Trinidad and Tobago coach Stephen Hart had a problem. Down a goal in St. Vincent, his side was short on inspiration and in need of a spark. The boss looked up and down the bench, where one set of eyes gleamed sharper, more eager, than the rest. They were the eyes of a boy, barely old enough to drive. But Levi Garcia’s eyes were hungry. 

“It was like a dream,” Garcia, just 18, told FIFA.com about being handed his senior debut with the game on the line, that golden moment when a player either becomes a hero or comes up short. “The coach just told me ‘go out and do what you came to do.’”

What Garcia did was score twice, crucial interventions in a game that proved far trickier than the pundits predicted. The 3-2 win sent the Soca Warriors to the top of their Russia 2018 qualifying group, ahead of giants USA. Garcia’s first goal came 13 minutes after taking the field. A series of blinding step-overs, reminiscent of his hero Neymar, bamboozled his marker out wide before the youngster cut inside and fired home a rocket of a right-footer. The second, a match-winner, was a calm tap-in on the end of a long ball. When the final whistle went at the Arnos Vale cricket ground in Kingstown, it was clear that something special had been glimpsed.

Hug of relief
The spiky-haired winger was hugged tightly by his coach as the players milled off the bumpy grass, warm smiles for their young teammate on his big day. The embrace was tinged with relief, and gratitude, the excitement of finding a rare gem in the dust of an overlooked drawer. Garcia’s class, a cut above everyone else on the pitch, was evident from his first touch.   

It was this elegance, speed and sharpness that earned the teenager a move last year to the Netherlands, to Europe’s big stages where Trinidadians are in short supply. He was given a trial and was determined not to blow it. “I showed what I could do,” said the affable youngster, aware of his skills but falling short of over-confidence. He received special training from Dutch legend Marco van Basten, then assistant at AZ Alkmaar, and was soon handed a debut with the first team. 2016’s been a year of firsts for the boy.

“I felt a real fear then. It was a fright,” Garcia said about making his first appearance for AZ in one of Europe’s top leagues, not even two months ago, against Rotterdam giants Feyenoord. “Big stadium. Big crowd. It was all new and almost too exciting. But when I got my first touches, I settled into it and it was just like any other game.”

The first games Garcia remembers were in the back garden with his three older brothers in the tiny village of Santa Flora in Trinidad’s south. “They used to rough me up, if you know what I mean. I was the youngest so they kind of knocked me around,” he said, with a fond chuckle for home, knowing no one’s pushing him around now. 

Those early tests served him well. He scored his first goal for Alkmaar last month and he’s already being called the biggest thing to come out of the dual-island national since Dwight Yorke. Born in 1997, two years before the legend Yorke won a famous treble with Manchester United, the young winger’s not even old enough to remember Trinidad’s historic appearance at Germany 2006, where his current captain Kenwyne Jones was the youngest player in the team. “I saw the clips on YouTube and people are always talking about it back home,” Garcia said, sheepishly.

Long way from home
Despite being a star on the rise, Garcia’s also a young man – often a long way from home – trying to make his way. “You miss your people a lot sometimes,” he said of his life in the Lowlands, a country far from the aromatic scent of Doubles, a local Trini delicacy of chickpeas and fried bread, and the tender goat meat of the roti shops that dot the island. “I’m the lonely Trinidad guy out there in Holland and that makes me feel like I have to make it. There’s no going home without making it, without going to the sky.”

Trinidad and Tobago head home on Tuesday to play St. Vincent again. The fans at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, having glimpsed a new hero, will be eager for their teenage sensation to make the starting XI. But it’s still the boss’s call.

“Home or away, we’re always looking to get the three points,” concluded Garcia, eager for a nap before training, with a clarity born of youth. “Home or away, anyway we get those points is the right way.”

Source: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2016/m=3/news=trinidad-s-lonely-tulip-in-full-bloom-2772888.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:28:56 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2016, 12:50:32 PM »

^^ That was a refreshing article. You could tell the writer wants to see Levi do very well in the future.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »
His name is Levi Garcia..thats all

Easy crowd ah panty...sekkle crowd ah draws
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2016, 12:10:25 PM »
Watching Levi versus PSV, he just had a similar stepover and shot like against St Vincent; didn't hit the target though;) De man is ah starter yes, niceness!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2016, 11:46:51 PM »
Soldier give real trouble today against psv.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2016, 04:14:03 PM »
Watching Levi versus PSV, he just had a similar stepover and shot like against St Vincent; didn't hit the target though;) De man is ah starter yes, niceness!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yDKkzNIHfwo?start=39" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yDKkzNIHfwo?start=39</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2016, 02:29:40 AM »
Garcia waits to meet Beenhakker.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Levi Garcia is in such high spirits at the moment, living the dream of every young teenage footballer. He’s playing every week in one of the biggest European Leagues and he’s coming off two World Cup qualifying appearances for his country including a man of the match performance in the come from behind 3-2 victory over St Vincent and the Grenadines on March 25th. One would think there isn’t much the kid from Santa Flora would want. But he surely has great ambitions and has set his goals.

“It’s a great feeling for me at the moment. I couldn’t have asked for more. I am with two great teams and great teammates. Being in the national team for these World Cup qualifiers opened my eyes even more and I feel blessed,” Garcia said.

“For me it was good being involved and helping the team and seeing how much the fans appreciated what I and the team was able to achieve. But we are far from finished. We still have two games to play in this round and the whole of the final round which means we haven’t achieved anything as yet like coach Hart told us,” Garcia said.

The former Shiva Boys player did mention one thing that is still on his “to do list”. And that is coming face to face with Leo Beenhakker, the Dutch-both head coach who took T&T to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

“I haven’t been able to meet him as yet. I have heard a lot about him and I know he is big here. And for me it would be a pleasure meeting him because I can recall what he did for Trinidad and Tobago in 2006 and yes people did talk about it here when they hear I am from the country,” Garcia said.

“I am still in touch with Marco Van Basten after he did work with me during my early days at the club and this was a great experience for me.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2016, 05:28:50 AM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia scores in Jong AZ Alkmaar’s 2-0 win over Jong FC Twente. He makes it look so simple.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C_FgCe5XEkQ?start=35" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C_FgCe5XEkQ?start=35</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2016, 08:08:11 AM »
Advantage!!  ;D ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2016, 02:29:49 PM »
Dele Alli and Levi Garcia two good young prospects for the future.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2016, 06:32:47 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Levi Garcia’s first season with AZ Alkmaar. Bright things are ahead.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ahEJonGekaA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ahEJonGekaA</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2016, 12:34:17 PM »
AZ has a good chance of being in the Europa league next season.
It would be nice if he get some European experience early.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »
Wow! Thank God for his first season under his belt. What skill and hunger in this man.

When he improves his decision making (not that it is bad now), he will be lethal.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2016, 08:02:28 AM »
Levi score in the 3rd minute of a preseason friendly against Almere City. A lower division Dutch team 6 tiers down or so.

AZ currently lead 4-0
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2016, 09:52:34 AM »
Levi score in the 3rd minute of a preseason friendly against Almere City. A lower division Dutch team 6 tiers down or so.

AZ currently lead 4-0
Where did you get your information from? Almere City is in the second division. That's where Janssen came from last season and recently signed for Spurs

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2016, 11:40:46 AM »

AZ currently lead 4-0
Where did you get your information from? Almere City is in the second division. That's where Janssen came from last season and recently signed for Spurs

Oops my bad. There are also the Almere City reserves who play lower down. Not clear which one they played. But I will assume it's the higher one.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2016, 02:47:31 PM »
He scored again in a 5-0 win against SDV Barneveld.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #264 on: August 05, 2016, 03:21:39 AM »
Garcia tipped as star to watch in new Dutch season.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

T&T’s Levi Garcia has been tipped as one of the young stars to watch in the Dutch Eredivisie season coming up as he looks ahead to his second year in top flight football in the Netherlands.

Garcia made his debut for AZ Alkmaar last season before breaking into the National Senior Men’s Team during the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, scoring a double on debut in a 3-2 win over St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Dutch football website football-orange.com has listed Garcia in the top fifty under 21 players to look out for in the League. “A revelation in the second half of last season, Levi Garcia heads into his first full campaign with AZ Alkmaar eager to impress,” the site stated.

“The 18-year-old was an exciting addition to the Eredivisie last season and left AZ fans wanting more from their new talent. AZ will be aiming to challenge the top three and make an impression in Europe this season and Garcia will play a big part over the campaign. Scouts are already flocking to AZ to watch Garcia in action and a successful season may see the winger follow in Vincent Janssen’s footsteps with a big money move abroad,” the report added.

Garcia is anticipating his second season, saying “I’m focusing on having a stronger season. I’ve been working very hard and trying to develop even more every time I take the pitch. It’s all very exciting and I am really looking forward to my second season. With God I think things will go well and hopefully I can continue playing and enjoying it.”

Garcia is expected to be in Stephen Hart’s squad for the September 2nd World Cup qualifier against Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Hector not fazed by Connection’s Champions’ League loss

DirecTV W Connection captain Hughtun Hector is not worried by his team’s 4-2 defeat to Mexican side Pumas FC in their opening Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League encounter at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Wednesday night.

Hector scored a beauty of a free kick in the first half to keep Connection in the match at that stage but Pumas pulled away with two further second half goals to secure the three points.

“It was disappointing to start with a loss but I think there were some positives for us. We are in preseason right now and I know it was going to be difficult for us to start with our best football but we showed some good signs and I think it was a good experience for us, especially some of the younger players as we look ahead to the other matches,” Hector said.

About his goal, he added, “It was in a good position and I thought this was a good chance to have a good go at it. I struck it well and it was a nice sight to see it enter the net. It was good for us to get on the scoresheet at that point in the match.

But hopefully in the other games we can continue to build on our positives and come away with good results.”

Connection’s next game will be on August 25th at home to Honduras’ H Progreso.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2016, 12:33:08 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia provides the assist on AZ Alkmaar’s opening goal against FK Vojvodina

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ba7FLN5Ktoc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ba7FLN5Ktoc</a>

WATCH: Post-game interview with AZ Alkmaar midfielder Levi Garcia after a 3-0 win over FK Vojvodina in the UEFA Europa League

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uuUxyalY0Io" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uuUxyalY0Io</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 03, 2016, 11:10:55 AM »

Levi Garcia Post Match Comments after Trinidad & Tobago vs Guatemala 2-2 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/975JQQQpEDY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/975JQQQpEDY</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2016, 12:29:42 PM »
Levi just scored in injury time to help AZ defeat Willem II, 2-0.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2016, 05:51:04 PM »
man trini accent gone already.
Lord Help Us

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »
man trini accent gone already.
Lord Help Us

When our culture honors and celebrates "Foreign is Better" where is the surprise?

When we constantly criticize (unjustly and unnecessarily) our own, what else can we expect.

He probably can't wait to come back and show off how well he fit in to their way.

But, if so, he will find out he will still geh lash whether accent or not from the impossible to please Trinis.

Speaking from harsh experience here

Talented player. Lets provide an environment of support . . .

Nothing personal eh bro . . . just speaking in general
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>