March 29, 2024, 12:18:18 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151644 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Levi Garcia
« Reply #360 on: September 07, 2018, 07:49:08 AM »
forget about d dribbling
Totally disagree

Agree with Palos.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 07, 2018, 10:26:27 AM »
Wasn’t he nursing an injury went he got called up when he initially went to AZ ...same thing happen now he in Israel. Idk if it’s coincidence...in the IG I see he’s enjoying by the tours of the dessert, climbing sand banks, swimming at the Dead Sea or whatever it’s called...I wish him all success and hope her gets his stuff back together, he’ll be a very important part of the team if he can.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 07, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »
forget about d dribbling
Totally disagree

I imagine you were very entertained by old man bocanegra, I think ??? ???, consistently shuttling levi wide into uselessness, all I trying to say is would be more useful playing more direct and getting on the end of things from out wide and behind the line, I jus don't think he has the "variety" to break ah class or at best well drilled line CONSISTENTLY with he dribbling, allowing him to focus MORE on dropping behind dat line on d otherhand and creating some chaos........now imagine if we did hold d ball against d US a bit more and kept trying to drop behind boca for Levi to chase
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 07, 2018, 11:49:42 AM »
Bocanegra retire from USMNT in 2012  :D

Just FYI lol
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 07, 2018, 12:26:14 PM »
Bocanegra retire from USMNT in 2012  :D

Just FYI lol

um  "I think ??? ???"
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #365 on: September 17, 2018, 12:14:35 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia announces himself to the Israeli Premier League in spectacular fashion with a vicious long range left-footed shot into the upper right corner of the net. Gives Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona FC a 1-0 win over Maccabi Netanya FC.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2018, 12:42:55 PM »
Looks like a deliberate sabotage of our football players who are at the national level, especially after how well they performed under hart

From there on and his firing has been deliberate sabotage and the players have been derailed

It’s sad that most don’t see this and Levi has not drop in form, when given the freedom to play freely he is a very dangerous player

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2018, 06:40:19 PM »
Looks like a deliberate sabotage of our football players who are at the national level, especially after how well they performed under hart

From there on and his firing has been deliberate sabotage and the players have been derailed

It’s sad that most don’t see this and Levi has not drop in form, when given the freedom to play freely he is a very dangerous player

no conspiracy here contro. sometimes a drop in form is just a drop in form. looks like he is getting his act together now.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2018, 08:29:18 PM »
What position is he playing, it almost look like right midfield or right back

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »

no conspiracy here contro. sometimes a drop in form is just a drop in form. looks like he is getting his act together now.
Lol, I trying to understand how this conspiracy play out. DJW have contacts at AZ Alkmaar that bend to his will, eh? Or maybe Excelsior hate Hart so they fight down the youth? The answers are out there.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2018, 08:24:48 AM »
i just  hope this yuteman eh get thrown under the bus with the current TTFA admin. He is only about 23.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 11, 2018, 08:30:46 AM »
WATCH: 2018/19 Levi Garcia Highlights from the Israeli Premier League with Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AQfQux9L8l8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AQfQux9L8l8</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 11, 2018, 09:01:18 AM »
He looking good there

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 11, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »
Real Good. Looks like he has freedom to play his game. Almost too fast and skillful for his teamates. His passing has improved too. He needs to play at a higher level with better coaches.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 11, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »
he seems to be more direct, and his movement actually seems thoughtful and shows good situational awareness......I have to be honest was never sold on him in those departments...d lack of dat was nakedly exposed against d U.S.
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: December 11, 2018, 04:05:23 PM »
Good luck to this yute!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Levi Garcia urges young SSFL players to balance football and schoolwork
« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2019, 02:59:02 PM »
Levi Garcia urges young SSFL players to balance football and schoolwork
SSFL Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s 21-year-old winger Levi Garcia is urging players currently involved in schools football heading into the 2019 season to use the avenue to propel their careers if they intend to make a better life for themselves through the game.

Garcia is currently in training with the National Senior Men’s Team for the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup. While the rest of the local football is at a standstill with none of the top tier domestic leagues running, the SSFL has already released its fixtures for the 2019 season schedule to kick off in September.

“It was an amazing part of my career,” was how Garcia described his time playing in the SSFL with Shiva Boys Hindu College.

“I was groomed by one of my older brothers Daniel at the time. It was the highest level of football I could play at that age and it was a great experience for me. School football is something special. It motivated me at the time. You can develop yourself in schools football but don’t stay too long…try to move on from there as soon as you get an opportunity.

“Players have to use the Schools League as a stepping stone. I got the opportunity to play club football because of how well I progressed at 16 and 17 while playing for my school and also representing Trinidad and Tobago at the youth level,” Garcia added.

In 2012 Garcia guided Shiva Boys to the South Zone League title. He was part of the T&T Under 17 Men’s Team that narrowly missed out on qualification for the FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup in 2013, losing to hosts Panama 4-2 in a match where a win would have secured qualification.

“It is a good balance being in school and playing football,” Garcia continued.

“If a teacher pushes you to do work, it shows on the field. You tend to feel more comfortable as a player if you do your school work well. It really helps you develop as an individual.

“Playing in the SSFL is also a good scouting platform for young players because it gives you the chance to be seen by local coaches and earn a pick on the national youth teams like I was able to do a few years ago. Today I have moved up and I am now a proud member of the National Senior men’s team under Dennis Lawrence and alongside some of the best players in the country preparing to go to my first Gold Cup,” Garcia said.

The Santa Flora-born player is currently playing in Israel with Ironi Kiryat Shmona. He secured his first contract in Europe with AZ Almaar in the Dutch Eredivisie in February 2015. Levi was born to parents Carl and Judith, he has two sisters Adanna and Carla and three brothers Daniel, Nathaniel and Judah, the latter two also having worn national colours. Judah is also currently in the T&T Gold Cup provisional squad.

“Stay in School and try to use sport and football as a vehicle to better your life. Football can take you to great places and put you in a position to be comfortable in life,” Garcia concluded.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 30, 2019, 04:07:40 PM »
21-year old midfielder Levi Garcia has signed a three-year contract with Israeli Premier League club, Beitar Jerusalem FC. General Manager Yossi Benayoun, widely regarded as Israel's best ever player, describes Levi as a very talented young player with great skill and potential.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 30, 2019, 07:04:14 PM »
Best of luck! Hopefully I get to see more of your games.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #379 on: June 17, 2019, 11:20:37 PM »
I believe that Levi Garcia may have more potential than any T&T footballer that there has ever been. Why? He has Dwight's athleticism and more, he has the skill of Russel, has a shot like Stern, and has vision like Dwarika. I honestly do find that his biggest issue is mental. He's determined and convicted and I love that. I think he shows more determination and conviction than any other Trini footballer that I've seen. Somehow though, I think there is a small lack of self belief. For instance, he will do all the hard work and then when he's in a good position to score, whether he's one or one or has a single defender runnin with him and a good sight on goal I feel like he doesn't believe enough that he'll score and he sort of hits and hopes. Too often at least.

His decision making is holding him back. Very creative, but too often his creativity is not economical enough. There is a time to beats, and a time to pass, and a time to make the obvious pass and a time to make the less obvious pass. I see him mixing all of these up too often, and because he has a lot of skill, strength and pace he either gets away with it mostly or half.

Levi could be a lot more like Leon Bailey, but his decision making has to get better and his self belief has to improve. That's just my opinion. I think even if he doesnt sort this out, it's not unlikely that he'll find himself in top form and have a great career.

Problem for me is, i truly believe he can be one of the best in the world, not just great for a Trini. Digressing, I typically love seeing him play, though I'd love to see his performances for T&T swing back into a more confident, marauding tone.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2019, 03:35:10 AM »
I believe that Levi Garcia may have more potential than any T&T footballer that there has ever been. Why? He has Dwight's athleticism and more, he has the skill of Russel, has a shot like Stern, and has vision like Dwarika. I honestly do find that his biggest issue is mental. He's determined and convicted and I love that. I think he shows more determination and conviction than any other Trini footballer that I've seen. Somehow though, I think there is a small lack of self belief. For instance, he will do all the hard work and then when he's in a good position to score, whether he's one or one or has a single defender runnin with him and a good sight on goal I feel like he doesn't believe enough that he'll score and he sort of hits and hopes. Too often at least.

His decision making is holding him back. Very creative, but too often his creativity is not economical enough. There is a time to beats, and a time to pass, and a time to make the obvious pass and a time to make the less obvious pass. I see him mixing all of these up too often, and because he has a lot of skill, strength and pace he either gets away with it mostly or half.

Levi could be a lot more like Leon Bailey, but his decision making has to get better and his self belief has to improve. That's just my opinion. I think even if he doesnt sort this out, it's not unlikely that he'll find himself in top form and have a great career.

Problem for me is, i truly believe he can be one of the best in the world, not just great for a Trini. Digressing, I typically love seeing him play, though I'd love to see his performances for T&T swing back into a more confident, marauding tone.

As I read this, two words came to mind: "Raheem" and "Sterling". Reserving commenting on the substance of your post, I would say Pep extracted what others could not and saw beyond what others could not see. Without Pep even Sterling wouldn't have appreciated what fruits could emerge from his own labour.

Free Levi!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2019, 06:15:37 AM »

In my opinion, Levi is more athletic than Dwight, but certainly is not as fit. His skill set in no way, shape or form even approaches Latapy. He has a powerful shot, but is often not in any scoring position like Stern, but that is not really his fault. He does not possess vision like Dwarika either. Comparing him against these legends is not fair at this point in time, Leon Bailey would be a better one to compare him with.

In terms of tangible progress, it's hard to pinpoint his improvements since turning professional. For what he has in his toolkit, you would have to say that his journey has been underwhelming so far, but fortunately he has time on his side. And as asylumseeker is alluding to, maybe he just needs the right coaching/mentoring and environment to unlock his vast potential. Or maybe an aha moment.

I still believe he will come good, hopefully sooner rather than later,

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2019, 11:03:24 AM »

In my opinion, Levi is more athletic than Dwight, but certainly is not as fit. His skill set in no way, shape or form even approaches Latapy. He has a powerful shot, but is often not in any scoring position like Stern, but that is not really his fault. He does not possess vision like Dwarika either. Comparing him against these legends is not fair at this point in time, Leon Bailey would be a better one to compare him with.

In terms of tangible progress, it's hard to pinpoint his improvements since turning professional. For what he has in his toolkit, you would have to say that his journey has been underwhelming so far, but fortunately he has time on his side. And as asylumseeker is alluding to, maybe he just needs the right coaching/mentoring and environment to unlock his vast potential. Or maybe an aha moment.

I still believe he will come good, hopefully sooner rather than later,

It appears to me that Levi's crawl to realizing more of hs potential lies between the ears. He may have had good coaches in Holland. And I know you both are not saying that he didn't; but, that Pep was able to use the right key for Sterling.

Levi appears to me to be over-coached. Not given (or taking) enough freedom. Over-thinking as Jefferz says.

I agree Free Levi
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 18, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
Ok, so the new official hashtag is #FreeLevi

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 18, 2019, 12:04:02 PM »
I still believe droppin him behind the line from wide will yield btetter results than relying souly on his dribbling to create  opportunities a fine example is sterling as mentioned above...we should be playing to draw attention away from him not making him the focal point of our attacking impetus... he may have skill but bluntly put he lacks the football intelligence to be a creative outlet in the mould of a Hazard and such the like....he is for the most part quite predictable....we does condition defenders to 'fraid shake... hell we doh even look like does coach individual or team defending especially in d SSFL, so he prolly never face ah proper defender before leaving these shores.

All things considered...he have speed he have a shot..play to get him in on goal without too much fuss and leaving d creatin to a joevin or such on d other side

I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 19, 2019, 01:39:29 AM »
He needs match experience. It's easy to forget how little he has actually played - the fact of the matter is that he doesn't have the match experience that other players have.

At 21 he has played 80 league matches, 49 at top flight between Holland (29) and Israel (20).

Leon Bailey has played 123 games, all top flight in Belgium and Germany.

From what little I saw, Leon was the better player at 18 and perhaps this has had a knock-on effect in terms of the experience he could accrue. If Levi gets that match experience at a higher level he will come good, but he will need to engineer a move from the Israeli league at some point in the next couple years.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2019, 07:13:19 AM »
He needs match experience. It's easy to forget how little he has actually played - the fact of the matter is that he doesn't have the match experience that other players have.

At 21 he has played 80 league matches, 49 at top flight between Holland (29) and Israel (20).

From what little I saw, Leon was the better player at 18 and perhaps this has had a knock-on effect in terms of the experience he could accrue. If Levi gets that match experience at a higher level he will come good, but he will need to engineer a move from the Israeli league at some point in the next couple years.
:beermug:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2019, 08:17:22 AM »

theres no comparison between him and Leon Bailey. Leon is a skilled thinking man who plays with purpose and poise while levi is untamed and runs wild with no direction, and I’m not saying this because of the loss last night it’s just the plain truth.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 22, 2019, 02:50:53 AM »

theres no comparison between him and Leon Bailey. Leon is a skilled thinking man who plays with purpose and poise while levi is untamed and runs wild with no direction, and I’m not saying this because of the loss last night it’s just the plain truth.

Seems like you're backing up my point! It's rare that a player is "born" a skilled thinking man - these are traits acquired through practice at a higher level and/or top quality tactical coaching. Levi is doing what has always brought him success in youth football and smaller teams - if you're good enough you can simply drive a match forward without tactical awareness as those around you suffer the same deficit. When you play at a higher level though, you're easily nullified and your teammates at a higher level simply don't have the incentive to constantly look for you - you're no longer the stand-out and thus no longer the default option for passes.

This is why the SSFL is a blessing and curse for T&T - it's a blessing that such well-respected youth football exists as it gives the students an incentive to train hard and receive praise and a degree of fame/respect. The problem is that the quality of coaching is necessarily going to be lower than the adult's game, as your opposition is never tactically astute or mature in their approach to football. What "works" at football is very different to the adult game - I say that as a youth coach myself for a school team.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2019, 09:34:26 AM »
This is why the SSFL is a blessing and curse for T&T - it's a blessing that such well-respected youth football exists as it gives the students an incentive to train hard and receive praise and a degree of fame/respect. The problem is that the quality of coaching is necessarily going to be lower than the adult's game, as your opposition is never tactically astute or mature in their approach to football. What "works" at football is very different to the adult game - I say that as a youth coach myself for a school team.

Agree 100% with this...what bothers me is Levy's apparent lack of evolution given that his SSFL play style is still very much his play style.....his movement often gives away his unwillingness to play off his teammates or even straight up pass when an opportunity presents, that is why I feel he might be more useful being a direct goal threat jus not false 9...he lacks the attributes for it or if we must persist direct him to sit between CB and FB, move a lot more, drop deep, drift inside every now and then (to easy to shepherd) always going outside when he running with d ball mix it up , find spaces, make d back line actually work to keep track of you and for god sake use yuh damn teammates more.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:27:12 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>