March 28, 2024, 09:18:20 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151533 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2019, 01:17:51 PM »
This is why the SSFL is a blessing and curse for T&T - it's a blessing that such well-respected youth football exists as it gives the students an incentive to train hard and receive praise and a degree of fame/respect. The problem is that the quality of coaching is necessarily going to be lower than the adult's game, as your opposition is never tactically astute or mature in their approach to football. What "works" at football is very different to the adult game - I say that as a youth coach myself for a school team.

Agree 100% with this...what bothers me is Levy's apparent lack of evolution given that his SSFL play style is still very much his play style.....his movement often gives away his unwillingness to play off his teammates or even straight up pass when an opportunity presents, that is why I feel he might be more useful being a direct goal threat jus not false 9...he lacks the attributes for it or if we must persist direct him to sit between CB and FB, move a lot more, drop deep, drift inside every now and then (to easy to shepherd) always going outside when he running with d ball mix it up , find spaces, make d back line actually work to keep track of you and for god sake use yuh damn teammates more.
Lil discussion on Levi in 2016, other than position, has anything changed ? He's still decent, yet ...I think he need a new input from his old TT coach, cause maybe the foreign teams played him as is, that was what THEY required..TT warriors need a little different or something/someone else

https://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=64728.msg960310#msg960310
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:25:27 PM by maxg »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2019, 05:40:18 PM »
This is why the SSFL is a blessing and curse for T&T - it's a blessing that such well-respected youth football exists as it gives the students an incentive to train hard and receive praise and a degree of fame/respect. The problem is that the quality of coaching is necessarily going to be lower than the adult's game, as your opposition is never tactically astute or mature in their approach to football. What "works" at football is very different to the adult game - I say that as a youth coach myself for a school team.

Agree 100% with this...what bothers me is Levy's apparent lack of evolution given that his SSFL play style is still very much his play style.....his movement often gives away his unwillingness to play off his teammates or even straight up pass when an opportunity presents, that is why I feel he might be more useful being a direct goal threat jus not false 9...he lacks the attributes for it or if we must persist direct him to sit between CB and FB, move a lot more, drop deep, drift inside every now and then (to easy to shepherd) always going outside when he running with d ball mix it up , find spaces, make d back line actually work to keep track of you and for god sake use yuh damn teammates more.
Lil discussion on Levi in 2016, other than position, has anything changed ? He's still decent, yet ...I think he need a new input from his old TT coach, cause maybe the foreign teams played him as is, that was what THEY required..TT warriors need a little different or something/someone else

https://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=64728.msg960310#msg960310

yeah remember dat.... Cameron (did mistake he name in this thread) was d fella dat had him under manners mostly because of his largely predictable movement patterns....always straight dong d flank never tried to push in early to make ah channel for d FB....not dat he would pass anyway >:( :P :-\ but yeah predictable
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:42:25 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2019, 08:53:01 PM »
When you playing on a team that you not getting the ball you're going to have to take things into your own hands.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2019, 09:51:53 PM »
Tallest has done his job by neutering Garcia

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2019, 03:32:41 AM »
Tallest has done his job by neutering Garcia
dont you get tired of spitting rubbish?? Isn’t quite obvious that this lad is overrated and has no idea how to play that position? every ball that came to him either banged off his leg or went to the defenders. the lad needs a lot of work, he’s no star in fact he’s quite ordinary with very little quality.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2019, 04:02:09 AM »
levi is a left winger not a striker ... DL using him out of position look at levi  old vid clips  we have  shahdon winchester there and he is on the bench
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 23, 2019, 05:09:22 AM »
levi is a left winger not a striker ... DL using him out of position look at levi  old vid clips  we have  shahdon winchester there and he is on the bench

Do you think Shahdon Winchester should be there?

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 23, 2019, 05:41:17 AM »

Honestly yea, I think he should be there. If you look at some of the games we actually did score, his name was there. Garcia is a left winger who will drive into the box, give you that nice low cross to tap in, he is no striker.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2019, 06:03:54 AM »

Honestly yea, I think he should be there. If you look at some of the games we actually did score, his name was there. Garcia is a left winger who will drive into the box, give you that nice low cross to tap in, he is no striker.

I don't even want to see him versus Guyana.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2019, 06:07:52 AM »

No however he is a striker and the best we have at this level it seems :( .. so play him and use levi on the wing thats what i would do ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 23, 2019, 06:19:17 AM »

No however he is a striker and the best we have at this level it seems :( .. so play him and use levi on the wing thats what i would do ...

Understand completely and it says a lot that precisely this did not happen ... which in no insignificant way points to Winchester's perceived value.

If he buss 6 versus Guyana, some will feel vindicated. Ah think we know better.

(And he might not get a sniff before Peltier.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 06:21:59 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 23, 2019, 10:32:05 AM »
When did garcia play as a stricker in any of the last few games? the guy played on the flanks, it was Lewis who played the striker role last night and vs panama jamol Williams was in the striker position, Cato alternated with garcia from time to time but Lewis and molino was in a more advanced position IMO. as I said previously garcia is no Dwight yorke in fact he very ordinary for this level and quite selfish.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:57:17 PM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #402 on: June 23, 2019, 02:41:42 PM »

Tallest doing that on purpose... it’s done deliberately, a coach who has worked with Belgium and top flight football, making those school boy errors?

That’s sabotage...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 23, 2019, 03:03:43 PM »

Tallest doing that on purpose... it’s done deliberately, a coach who has worked with Belgium and top flight football, making those school boy errors?

That’s sabotage...
ok I’m willing to listen just tell me why would anyone want to sabotage TT football? we’re not Brazil or mexico that anyone should fear us, so why? I’m willing to give you lawrence as a clueless bastard like latapy which is the reason for the drastic decline in the quality of play, but what would he gain by doing this, the man just turned down a Lucrative coaching job in england......why?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #404 on: June 23, 2019, 03:26:47 PM »

That’s sabotage...
ok I’m willing to listen just tell me why would anyone want to sabotage TT football? we’re not Brazil or mexico that anyone should fear us, so why? I’m willing to give you lawrence as a clueless bastard like latapy which is the reason for the drastic decline in the quality of play, but what would he gain by doing this, the man just turned down a Lucrative coaching job in england......why?

FIFA is paying Lawrence a big salary as an allocation

CONCACAF has limited spots for the wc, Trinidad and even Jamaica can’t be contenders because it threatens the big three hegemony in the region, it’s revenues, and so many other things come with making the wc. This is economic and political, it goes way beyond football

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2019, 06:51:36 PM »

That’s sabotage...

CONCACAF has limited spots for the wc, Trinidad and even Jamaica can’t be contenders because it threatens the big three hegemony in the region, it’s revenues, and so many other things come with making the wc. This is economic and political, it goes way beyond football
hogwash. a man will have to be a total clunk to believe such nonsense. fifa don’t care much about concacaf except for the voting power it holds which lies greater with CFU rather than the north or central american influence in concacaf.

so if anything they would be clamoring to make us happy by manipulating things to ensure that a CFU team always feature in the World Cup and not the other way around. remember it was CFU that brought down blatter warner and web. concacaf is nothing without CFU and had jack warner really cared about his confederation there would have been a split where there were two spots for CFU teams and two spots for central and North America knowing that they have better resources and out classed everyday of the week.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #406 on: June 23, 2019, 07:16:21 PM »

That’s sabotage...

hogwash. a man will have to be a total clunk to believe such nonsense. fifa don’t care much about concacaf except for the voting power it holds which lies greater with CFU rather than the north or central american influence in concacaf.

so if anything they would be clamoring to make us happy by manipulating things to ensure that a CFU team always feature in the World Cup and not the other way around. remember it was CFU that brought down blatter warner and web. concacaf is nothing without CFU and had jack warner really cared about his confederation there would have been a split where there were two spots for CFU teams and two spots for central and North America knowing that they have better resources and out classed everyday of the week.

The cfu has the second most votes in fifa, how does that mean nothing?

TT and ja have consistently produced world class footballers and sporting talent even ex pats kids, of course we are a threat to bigger nations

My friends son, just got selected 3rd in the nba draft, RJ is Jamaican bg, that’s one example, plenty of those talents in our countries... the media and many will fool the Caribbean nations into thinking they aren’t talented... BS

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 23, 2019, 10:41:15 PM »
contro is back with his conspiracy theory. Bring back Hart to cool him down.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 23, 2019, 11:14:04 PM »

That’s sabotage...

TT and ja have consistently produced world class footballers and sporting talent even ex pats kids, of course we are a threat to bigger nations

My friends son, just got selected 3rd in the nba draft, RJ is Jamaican bg, that’s one example, plenty of those talents in our countries... the media and many will fool the Caribbean nations into thinking they aren’t talented... BS

Yea, no we haven't. I'm not sure even Dwight Yorke is "World Class". The only potentially "world class" player to be of Jamaican or Trini descent for me is John Barnes.

Your conspiracy just doesn't make sense - don't attribute to conspiracy that can be attributed to ignorance and stupidity. What'#s more likely, Trinidad get found out with a novice coach on his first manager job with a weaker team, or a wide-arching conspiracy involving the USA, Mexico and whatever other nations you believe driving the appointment of DL and then paying him to tank it?

Next it'll be "9/11 was an inside job" and "Princess Diana was assassinated"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #409 on: June 24, 2019, 12:21:21 AM »

That’s sabotage...

Yea, no we haven't. I'm not sure even Dwight Yorke is "World Class". The only potentially "world class" player to be of Jamaican or Trini descent for me is John Barnes.

Your conspiracy just doesn't make sense - don't attribute to conspiracy that can be attributed to ignorance and stupidity. What'#s more likely, Trinidad get found out with a novice coach on his first manager job with a weaker team, or a wide-arching conspiracy involving the USA, Mexico and whatever other nations you believe driving the appointment of DL and then paying him to tank it?

Next it'll be "9/11 was an inside job" and "Princess Diana was assassinated"

What’s the point arguing with someone who says TT hasn’t produced a World class footballer or footballers ... :bs:

Just because some of our most talented footballers haven’t played at European top flight football doesn’t mean they are not talented or world class..

Firstly that has a lot to do with ranking, if you have a corrupt federation that is sabotaging our football, your ranking won’t be high enough to get work permits to the uk and Europe...

Secondly that’s done on purpose in order to oppress players from the Caribbean and Caribbean teams. We are only good for votes to elect corrupt presidents and sell outs are happy to oblige that and follow through with it, like the dictator

Thirdly, the last time I checked, Africa basically won the World Cup for France, Suriname propped up that Dutch team for decades, so what will you say next, Africa doesn’t have talented players? My uncle watched the World Cup with us in Germany, the first thing he pointed out was the talent of the TT team, especially Latas, my uncle grew up with Gullit, David’s, know seedorf and his family, played with them, so I think he knows talent when he sees it, like myself and many others who actually believe in local talent

If you put those same trini players on England or a European team or allow them to play on bigger teams, you would be singing a different tune, because that’s a part of the brainwashing; similarly the English county system cut the majority of West Indian players out of county cricket bc West Indian players were getting the finishing skills and experience, training etc needed to be world beaters ... talent was always there

Lastly, why fire a better coach? Why is fifa paying Lawrence, and if Lawrence was such a novice, how the hell was he on the coaching staff for Belgium?

Is Belgium a core of novices in the coaching dept?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:27:01 AM by Controversial »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 24, 2019, 12:40:07 PM »
I notice a lack of names from Jamaica and Trinidad - "World Class" for me is quite an elite group, if you just mean "international quality players" that's a much wider net. "World Class" are the types of players who make a team - Viera, Henry, Messi, CRonaldo, Maldini etc. Jamaica and Trinidad have produced good players, but I just can't accept your proposition that they've "consistently produced world class players". I don't know how you can claim a person is "world class" without them producing it on the world stage - if Messi played his days on the Savannah it'd be hard to say he was world class because he wouldn't have faced "world class" opposition, barring Jackula pulling a World Cup off.

Again, if you had said Suriname/French Antilles I'd have been more likely to agree if we stretch "consistent" - as you note half that French team in 98 were of French Caribbean decent or indeed Caribbean born, and Suriname propped up the Dutch national team for a decade in the 90s/early 2000s. French Guiana and Suriname have more pedigree in creating world class players sadly, but as you note that is likely due to the difficulty of playing in Europe - these players easily crossed the pond as they faced no visa restriction in moving to France (although they are not EU citizens if born in the French/Dutch Caribbean, notably). Again if you had said Africa there's no argument there - George Weah was one of my all-time favourite players and the net can be cast wide across a whole continent.

But your proposition that the world wants to "oppress" Caribbean players for the purposes of ranking is farcical without evidence. What evidence do you have of corruption exactly? And what evidence would convince you of the contrary? Your evidence bar seems mighty low. It seems far more likely that a combination of farcical management from the FA meaning an unsustainable and poor quality domestic competition, combined with legislation changes in Europe that were decidedly anti-migrant from non-EU sources, and topped with the difficulty of scouting players in the region combined make a much more likely explanation. On that vein - if you're a talented sportsman in Trinidad then cricket is a very competitive option - we may be losing some talent to other sports we're good at. But ultimately, we're drawing from a very narrow pool compared to other nations.

None of what I say undermines my belief that Trinidad has a huge untapped talent. If we had an FA that cared more about the local game than their own petty vanity projects we'd be much more competitive. But to look abroad for conspiracies seems excessive when a perfectly incompetent person sits at the helm.

The firing of Hart seems purely an ego thing from DJW, Hart didn't play ball with his stupid demands, and a man with petty dictator traits exercised the power given to him by a servile and cowardly board with only their own interests at heart. Occum's Razor would surely cut your complex web of conspiracy out when there are far more simply and likely explanations at hand. Dennis Lawrence was a competent coach as evidenced by his coaching background at Belgium and Everton, but coaching isn't management and the step up is steep.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #411 on: June 24, 2019, 12:48:31 PM »
contro is back with his conspiracy theory. Bring back Hart to cool him down.

No I’m preaching facts, just bc you can’t see the complex manipulation going on with our football and the sabotage, doesn’t mean my statements are conspiracy theories...

That’s just a way for people undermining what I’m saying bc they only see these issues as surface level issues and not what they really are behind closed doors

You’ve watched so much corruption in TT in general and with our football over the decades and have the audacity to say it’s conspiracy?

Come on, I thought you were smarter than that deeks, don’t be naive

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 24, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »
@Tiresais

As between management and coaching, Lawrence's deficiency is not management.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 24, 2019, 12:58:32 PM »
I'm not sure even Dwight Yorke is "World Class". The only potentially "world class" player to be of Jamaican or Trini descent for me is John Barnes.

Intriguing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:02:28 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 24, 2019, 01:28:12 PM »
I'm not sure even Dwight Yorke is "World Class". The only potentially "world class" player to be of Jamaican or Trini descent for me is John Barnes.

Intriguing.
I would argue that Yorke was world class. He may have one played in 1 WC but he was a household name and still is known worldwide for being a prominent player in Europe. He had a few seasons scoring 25+ goals and he won a Champions League as a top contributor for his team.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 24, 2019, 01:56:59 PM »

Intriguing.
I would argue that Yorke was world class. He may have one played in 1 WC but he was a household name and still is known worldwide for being a prominent player in Europe. He had a few seasons scoring 25+ goals and he won a Champions League as a top contributor for his team.

I wouldn't even "argue". Even John Barnes wouldn't argue.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #416 on: June 24, 2019, 02:02:14 PM »
I notice a lack of names from Jamaica and Trinidad - "World Class" for me is quite an elite group, if you just mean "international quality players" that's a much wider net. "World Class" are the types of players who make a team - Viera, Henry, Messi, CRonaldo, Maldini etc. Jamaica and Trinidad have produced good players, but I just can't accept your proposition that they've "consistently produced world class players". I don't know how you can claim a person is "world class" without them producing it on the world stage - if Messi played his days on the Savannah it'd be hard to say he was world class because he wouldn't have faced "world class" opposition, barring Jackula pulling a World Cup off.

so in other wards, if a European panel says they are world class, then that’s gospel? Or in order to be world class you absolutely need to play in Europe and on a European team? That’s the only validation in world football? I beg to differ, I don’t buy into media brainwashing, and old ideals and beliefs, that’s mental oppression, I’m not myopic, nor do I ignore work visa rules and how that affects talented players from the Caribbean, and Europe’s and the uks ability to control players free movement bc of a convoluted ranking system I believe is a farce... not to mention the continuous oppression by not allowing the Caribbean to have 2 automatic spots despite holding the second most votes in the world to Africa... so an African player must play in Europe to be deemed world class? I’ve seen better players locally in Brazil than those In Europe but of course they are playing in South America and chose not to go to Europe, so are they too deemed not world class? Africa also has faced a similar fate mind you... my cousin Clinton played for Ajax and the Dutch national team, he watches Caribbean football and TT, he also subscribes to my statements and it has nothing to do with being family...Trinidad has had and has world class talent, which is being undermined both locally and abroad

Again, if you had said Suriname/French Antilles I'd have been more likely to agree if we stretch "consistent" - as you note half that French team in 98 were of French Caribbean decent or indeed Caribbean born, and Suriname propped up the Dutch national team for a decade in the 90s/early 2000s. French Guiana and Suriname have more pedigree in creating world class players sadly, but as you note that is likely due to the difficulty of playing in Europe - these players easily crossed the pond as they faced no visa restriction in moving to France (although they are not EU citizens if born in the French/Dutch Caribbean, notably). Again if you had said Africa there's no argument there - George Weah was one of my all-time favourite players and the net can be cast wide across a whole continent.

consistently world class, that’s what you should write, my cousins had access to that Dutch entry, TT players don’t have that, and yet we still have talent that could beat big teams if we have a coach that actually coaches and prep without interference from admin, our players in Trinidad and Tobago are not that different than the French Antilles and Suriname btw, same talent

But your proposition that the world wants to "oppress" Caribbean players for the purposes of ranking is farcical without evidence. What evidence do you have of corruption exactly? And what evidence would convince you of the contrary? Your evidence bar seems mighty low. It seems far more likely that a combination of farcical management from the FA meaning an unsustainable and poor quality domestic competition, combined with legislation changes in Europe that were decidedly anti-migrant from non-EU sources, and topped with the difficulty of scouting players in the region combined make a much more likely explanation. On that vein - if you're a talented sportsman in Trinidad then cricket is a very competitive option - we may be losing some talent to other sports we're good at. But ultimately, we're drawing from a very narrow pool compared to other nations.

are you in denial that there is institutional racism and discrimination in world football? Plenty of evidence to show that, up to now, not one African president of fifa, and many other debates, articles to back up what I’m saying... difference between me and you is I get my evidence from multiple sources, first hand, reporters, news and inside sources, where do you get your evidence to prove me wrong? We don’t have a narrow pool, locally they can’t identify talent, that’s been shown for decades, they also don’t like picking ex pats which is what we are seeing with Lawrence currently

None of what I say undermines my belief that Trinidad has a huge untapped talent. If we had an FA that cared more about the local game than their own petty vanity projects we'd be much more competitive. But to look abroad for conspiracies seems excessive when a perfectly incompetent person sits at the helm.

its not incompetence it’s sabotage, deliberate, the dictator isn’t a fool, he’s just appearing to be, that throws people off of what is really going on

The firing of Hart seems purely an ego thing from DJW, Hart didn't play ball with his stupid demands, and a man with petty dictator traits exercised the power given to him by a servile and cowardly board with only their own interests at heart. Occum's Razor would surely cut your complex web of conspiracy out when there are far more simply and likely explanations at hand. Dennis Lawrence was a competent coach as evidenced by his coaching background at Belgium and Everton, but coaching isn't management and the step up is steep.

all the evidence points to deliberate actions of sabotage, nothing was done by coincidence, making it look like incompetence will throw you off the trail, that’s manipulation

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 02:09:11 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #417 on: June 24, 2019, 02:05:07 PM »

Intriguing.

:D

Intriguing or just straight stupidity by the person questioning the class of Dwight as a footballer

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #418 on: June 24, 2019, 02:05:55 PM »

Intriguing.

:beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 24, 2019, 08:48:26 PM »

Intriguing.

:beermug:

Dwight York was not world class. Really dude. You can't be serious. Maybe the current team performance has everyone angry. This is good in a way, because the forum was friggin dead.

1]; } ?>