March 28, 2024, 05:20:35 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151512 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 15, 2020, 07:26:37 AM »
Excellent news - I really hope he avoids some of the problems that Greek football has had as of late, but a 5 year contract and a hefty transfer fee suggest they'll be ok to pay him!

Greece is a competitive league with the possibility of Champions League, so lets hope it really pushes his game on

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 15, 2020, 08:45:20 AM »
Good team, glad for de youth, woulda like to see him in de EPL though.

De man already play for 8 clubs and he only 22, like he is another John Bostock.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 15, 2020, 01:23:20 PM »

De man already play for 8 clubs and he only 22, like he is another John Bostock.

It only takes one really good season with this new club.

And it looks to me like he has what it takes to produce the consistency.

Either way real happy for him and by extension team T&T.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 15, 2020, 04:13:24 PM »
Congrats to the young man! ...big move the best thing to happen in local football for some time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 15, 2020, 06:55:20 PM »

Spot on. If I'm looking at it that way, I think his ambition should be to move on within two seasons. The main thing is that he enjoys his football, continues to improve, keep a competitive edge and eventually outgrow this new environment. Exciting times for him and us. Just don't bank there!

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2020, 11:39:08 PM »

Spot on. If I'm looking at it that way, I think his ambition should be to move on within two seasons. The main thing is that he enjoys his football, continues to improve, keep a competitive edge and eventually outgrow this new environment. Exciting times for him and us. Just don't bank there!
That will totally be up to his play and further development, and even then he may be ignored. Depend on how big the truck with the money is, cause if he get even better, the club may not release him for nothing less than they pay for him.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #486 on: September 16, 2020, 03:15:15 AM »

He can't get into the EPL. T&T's FIFA ranking/ban is too low. Unless, he becomes a European citizen, that might help his case?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 16, 2020, 06:39:29 AM »

He can't get into the EPL. T&T's FIFA ranking/ban is too low. Unless, he becomes a European citizen, that might help his case?

Indeed, for now though. Post-Brexit rules might well be very different and give a silver lining for T&T football.

EU citizenship wouldn't help him post-Brexit, but it's looking like there will be routes for us post Brexit.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 16, 2020, 01:18:27 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 16, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »
Wah, No. 9 too. Well, well. Sweet.   :applause: They have high hopes and lots of faith in him. Hope he delivers as I know he can.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #490 on: September 16, 2020, 05:29:22 PM »
21-year old midfielder Levi Garcia has signed a three-year contract with Israeli Premier League club, Beitar Jerusalem FC. General Manager Yossi Benayoun, widely regarded as Israel's best ever player, describes Levi as a very talented young player with great skill and potential.

Israel’s Beitar for sale with buyer reportedly from UAE
By Samindra Kuunti (insideworldfootball).

Beitar Jerusalem have confirmed they are in talks with a potential investor from the United Arab Emirates following days of speculation.

“This is an opportunity to turn Beitar Jerusalem into a dominant club … that will represent, in addition to football, a concrete symbol of the new winds of peace that are blowing in the Middle East,” wrote Beitar in a statement.

On Tuesday, the Abraham Accords were signed at the White House in Washington DC to mark normalisation agreements between Israel and the both the UAE and Bahrain.

The Israeli top flight clubs didn’t provide any detail on the prospective deal or investors, but reports suggest Sulaiman Al-Fahim, a UAE businessman with interests in real estate, could be involved in the negotiations.

Beitar’s club owner Moshe Hogeg will fly to the Abu Dhabi to pursue the negotiations, the Beitar statement said.

Beitar are controversially the only club in the Israeli Premier League never to have signed an arab player. Their fans have traditionally aligned themselves with extreme right wing politics in the country.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:21:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 16, 2020, 07:18:14 PM »
More evidence that 2020 is a brewing storm from start to finish. Guaranteed trouble.

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2020, 01:21:18 AM »
More evidence that 2020 is a brewing storm from start to finish. Guaranteed trouble.
Geezanages..Wisemen better start checking the skies again for ah star.  Even more glad for Levi.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2020, 08:33:31 AM »
Garcia hopes for ‘many achievements ‘ in Greece.
By Narissa Fraser (Newsday).

T&T midfielder Levi Garcia says he feels optimistic towards playing with his new team AEK Athens. He said he is thankful to God for the opportunity.

The 22-year-old was signed by the Greek club on a five-year deal for a transfer fee of €2.2 million and will now compete in the Greek Super League.

He previously played in Israel for Ironi Kiryat Shmona FC (2018-2019) and Beitar Jerusalem 2019-2020).

Speaking with Newsday on Wednesday afternoon, after his official signing ceremony, he said the club first alerted him of their interest in early July.

“I (had) already started preparing myself to move along once it was serious,” he said.

But he added, “My time in Israel was well-spent. I had a difficult start with Shmona in the first year but in the second year, I think things went pretty well.”

For the 2018-2019 season of the Israeli Premier League, Shmona finished ninth on the table out of 14 teams. And in the 2019-2020 season, Beitar finished third.

He said despite not getting as many goals as he would have liked, the 2019-2020 season was a wonderful one.

Since the news broke of his new deal, he said his phone has not stopped buzzing as family and friends are reaching out to congratulate him.

“It’s a great feeling for me and my family, and T&T, in fact. It’s not that I can’t believe it but it’s just that emotions are all over the place and I have to try and calm them before I step forward.”

He said he is ready to work hard and urged his colleagues at home not to give up on their dreams.

He has 27 international caps for T&T, was a former national Under-17 and Under-20 representative.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2020, 09:56:30 AM »
WATCH: Follow Levi Garcia as he makes his way from his hotel to Athens Olympic Stadium where he is given a tour and finishes up his medical before finally heading to the offices of AEK Athens to sign his contract.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v2PRH5kjr7U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v2PRH5kjr7U</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 18, 2020, 01:36:45 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia during his first training session with AEK Athens

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ksMzW6ZqOW0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ksMzW6ZqOW0</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 18, 2020, 03:56:05 PM »
WATCH: Former Manchester City and AEK Athens defender Joleon Lescott offers some advice to Levi Garcia

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TbQxo7O1o_g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TbQxo7O1o_g</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 24, 2020, 06:05:00 PM »
Levi Garcia made his debut for AEK Athens today when he replaced Karim Ansarifard in the 68th minute of a Europa League 3rd Round Qualifying match against Swiss club FC St. Gallen. AEK won the game 1-0 and in so doing have advanced to the Europa League playoffs where they will meet Bundesliga club Wolfsburg on October 1st.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 25, 2020, 10:23:05 PM »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 27, 2020, 11:37:33 AM »
Levi starting in the right attacking wing position, they playing 3 up front.
He just got played into the box but took a bad first touch.

Well look ting
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 11:55:48 AM by Peong »

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 27, 2020, 11:42:58 AM »
Levi starting in the right attacking wing position, they playing 3 up front.
He just got played into the box but took a bad first touch.
he just scored

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 27, 2020, 12:37:14 PM »
They took him off at the half. Good job scoring his first goal.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 27, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 27, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia makes his first start and scores his first goal for AEK Athens when he opens the scoring in the 14th minute during their 2-0 win over PAS Lamia 1964.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q3RfmmIZYXs?start=76" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Q3RfmmIZYXs?start=76</a>

Garcia scores winner for AEK Athens.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago's Levi Garcia scored the winner in his first start for AEK Athens on Sunday in the Greece Super League. Garcia opened the scoring in a 3-0 rout of bottom-placed Lamia in the 14th minute.

The 22-year-old slotted in a loose ball in the penalty area with a right-footed shot. Garcia was substituted in the 46th minute as his team scored two more in the second half to make the three points certain.

Garcia joined AEK Athens two weeks ago on a €2.2 million transfer from Beitar Jerusalem in Israel.

The victory saw AEK Athens move to second in the standings with two wins from two matches.

Garcia made his debut for the club last week, coming off the bench in a 1-0 win over St Gallen in a UEFA Europa League qualifying match.

RELATED NEWS

Garcia to 'give everything' in Europa League playoff
By Narissa Fraser (Newsday).

T&T’s Levi Garcia recently made his debut in the Greece Super League with his new team AEK Athens, and the 22-year-old midfielder is ready to help his team reach the UEFA Europa League group stage. He and his teammates will take on VlF Wolfsburg in the play-offs on Thursday.

Garcia shared these aspirations in an interview on Nova Sports after a 3-0 win against Lamia on Sunday. He opened the scoreboard in the 14th minute, his first goal since joining the club two weeks ago on a €2.2 million transfer from Beitar Jerusalem in Israel.

The speedy attacker made his debut last week, coming off the bench in a 1-0 win over St Gallen in the third qualifying round for the Europa League.

He said, “It’s been a great pleasure to be here. I got a pretty good welcome and so far it’s been great.

“I’m really happy about the goal and most importantly, we got three points.”

Asked if he expected to be included in the starting XI so soon, he said, “I came prepared for anything and I got my opportunity.”

He added, “I like to make defenders unhappy…

“I believe with time I can do a lot more but it was a good start. I feel comfortable with my team, I feel togetherness with my teammates and so far it’s a building process that’s going good.”

On his team's chances against the Bundesliga club, Garcia added, “With the right attitude, hopefully we can get a win. Everyone is going to give their everything and we will get the job done.”

He believes he made the “right decision” by joining his new team.

“It’s a really exciting moment for me, my family, my country. It’s been a great adventure so far.”

The group stage draw for the Europa League is set to take place on Friday.

Garcia had previously played in four Europa League qualifying matches and two group games with Dutch team AZ Alkmaar in 2016/2017.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:38:01 AM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 27, 2020, 05:43:52 PM »
Capelli, Capelli, Capelli.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 28, 2020, 06:45:04 AM »
Wah, No. 9 too. Well, well. Sweet.   :applause: They have high hopes and lots of faith in him. Hope he delivers as I know he can.

Levi would make ah decent "mobile" striker or wide forward option especially running in behind, but he was never really dat good of ah winger, he have d tools but lack d mind or d mindset to be really good at it.
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 30, 2020, 11:10:11 AM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia talks about what AEK Athens must do against Wolfsburg in order to qualify for the group stage of the Europa League. He also talks about the first goal he scored in the game against Lamia, his first impressions in Greece, and the absence of fans at football games.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B2A6WQTBnAE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B2A6WQTBnAE</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T footballer Garcia to feature in Europa League
« Reply #507 on: October 02, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »
T&T footballer Garcia to feature in Europa League
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

T&T footballer Levi Garcia will be involved in the 2020-2021 UEFA Europa League, after his club AEK Athens of Greece edged VfL Wolfsburg of Germany 2-1, in a Europa League play-off match, at the Athens Olympic Stadium on Thursday.

Garcia started the match for the hosts but was replaced by Theodosis Macheras in the 53rd minute.

Admir Mehmedi put Wolfsburg ahead, in the 45th minute, but Athens replied with goals from Andre Simoes, in the 64th, and Karim Ansarifard, in the fourth minute of second half stoppage time, to book their spot in the Europa League group stage.

The draw for the group stage will take place on Friday. The group stage will run from October 22 to December 10.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:18:01 AM by Tallman »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 02, 2020, 10:39:22 AM »
He came out in the 81 min.

How hard is it to get the facts?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 02, 2020, 05:47:07 PM »
I found the entire game at rojadirecta

He almost gift Wolfsburg a goal in the first few mins. Lose the ball in the box with nobody behind him.  He share some beat though.
Europa go be good exposure for him especially if he play the games against Leicester City.
I see his old club AZ in it too.

1]; } ?>