March 28, 2024, 10:27:03 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151548 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #540 on: December 16, 2020, 09:05:53 PM »
He looking good after the injury . . .excellent
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 14, 2021, 04:00:59 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia's fantastic free kick earns AEK Athens a 1-0 win over Aris Thessaloniki FC and puts them in second place in the Super League Greece.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/_V3_n1GkMHU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/_V3_n1GkMHU</a>
Garcia nets winner as AEK Athens edge Aris.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

T&T midfielder Levi Garcia netted the winner on Thursday as AEK Athens edge Aris 1-0 to move to second spot in the Greece Super League.

Garcia converted a freekick in the 65th minute, with a left-footed effort which sailed past the right of goalkeeper Zacharie Boucher and into the back of the net.

This goal was Garcia's third for AEK, since he joined the squad in September.

AEK Athens registered their tenth win in 16 matches, and jumped ahead of Aris on goal difference. Both AEK and Aris have 33 points but AEK have a plus-six goal difference, to Aris's minus-two. Olympiacos remain atop the 14-team standings with 42 points.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:11:41 PM by asylumseeker »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 14, 2021, 08:09:56 PM »
What a strike! It look like he try to score another corner, I eh too sure though.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 15, 2021, 12:14:24 PM »
Solid! Solid Solid! Keep it up. We may see you in CL or Europa.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 15, 2021, 02:13:50 PM »
Excellent. That will keep the boss happy.

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 17, 2021, 01:17:46 PM »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 19, 2021, 12:09:00 PM »
Its good to see that he is improving when he left TT he was just a left winger now i see he could now play on the right wing and can now use his right foot that's a good sign.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 20, 2021, 05:54:59 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia scores in AEK Athens FC's 2-0 win over Apollo Smyrnis FC in the third round of the Greek Cup.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jn1qSO05Kfc?start=210" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jn1qSO05Kfc?start=210</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 21, 2021, 02:46:19 AM »
It is genuinely so encouraging to see him developing, scoring, and showing what he can do

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 21, 2021, 09:52:45 AM »
Score Levi Score. We want to see you in CL.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 21, 2021, 11:49:10 AM »
His teammates lookin for him, the fella who make the pass coulda had a shot. He definitely proving himself.
I love his skill on a set-piece as well. Those curling, dipping corners can be valuable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 21, 2021, 04:49:27 PM »
his positioning was so refreshing.....you see him actively being in place to benefit the team, even if he is playing as more of a striker inside forward, for us he would drift away from his team mates trying to do everything
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 21, 2021, 05:39:45 PM »
his positioning was so refreshing.....you see him actively being in place to benefit the team, even if he is playing as more of a striker inside forward, for us he would drift away from his team mates trying to do everything
3 years later, more mature, more receptive to coaching, more aware of strategies, playing at a relatively higher and development level. Still room to grow, always is. Let's hope it can be maintained now wearing the RWB.

https://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=64728.msg960310#msg960310

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 22, 2021, 02:04:36 PM »
3 years later, more mature, more receptive to coaching, more aware of strategies, playing at a relatively higher and development level. Still room to grow, always is. Let's hope it can be maintained now wearing the RWB.

https://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=64728.msg960310#msg960310
:beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 22, 2021, 04:53:13 PM »
Greek scouts are understandable impressed despite his short time there.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 14, 2021, 07:44:06 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia - Goals, Skills, Assists ● 2020/21 | AEK FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1tfIVAPGxGU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1tfIVAPGxGU</a>

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 14, 2021, 09:11:23 PM »
I like how he is improving his game i could see him playing in 1 of the 5 top leagues in Europe in a couple years.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 15, 2021, 12:44:53 PM »
I’ve notice the one thing that our attacking players lack more than anything is the ability to dribble a ball effectively without losing control of either the ball or the situation. Kevin molino is the only trini player that I don’t see struggling in this regard but levi definitely would be a top player if he learned how to dribble and think fast on his feet. most of our attackers needs to spend much more of their free time working on their touches and ball handling, this should be a cause for major concern with the coaching staff if I had a say.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 12:47:36 PM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 15, 2021, 04:14:06 PM »
I’ve notice the one thing that our attacking players lack more than anything is the ability to dribble a ball effectively without losing control of either the ball or the situation. Kevin molino is the only trini player that I don’t see struggling in this regard but levi definitely would be a top player if he learned how to dribble and think fast on his feet. most of our attackers needs to spend much more of their free time working on their touches and ball handling, this should be a cause for major concern with the coaching staff if I had a say.

he can dribble he just lacks unpredictability, he looked a brilliant dribbler in SSFL because we don't train 1v1 defending, defending in general and FEARLESS defending in particular, so yeah....years of being conditioned to not get beat for fear of getting laughed at, meant that Levi's deficiency as a dribbled never got noticed HERE....because we doh analyze nutten and allow mental weakness to persist over fear of dribblers.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 04:16:38 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 20, 2021, 05:56:28 PM »
LG was heavily involved in today's action. Very good assist and crosses.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nsOCGb4LHfI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nsOCGb4LHfI</a>
I eh know how to embed anymore.

This is the previous game.  LG concede a penalty in injury time that was saved, then LG run down to the next end and laid it on a platter for the fella.  Beautiful play.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OxwzJvU67dQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OxwzJvU67dQ</a>
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:44:17 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 20, 2021, 09:38:06 PM »

he can dribble he just lacks unpredictability, he looked a brilliant dribbler in SSFL because we don't train 1v1 defending, defending in general and FEARLESS defending in particular, so yeah....years of being conditioned to not get beat for fear of getting laughed at, meant that Levi's deficiency as a dribbled never got noticed HERE....because we doh analyze nutten and allow mental weakness to persist over fear of dribblers.

What are either of your thoughts on the 4th goal in the 4-2 victory? 1v1 situation. Effective dribbling. Good decision-making. Outcome: goal.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:40:26 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 21, 2021, 01:31:44 AM »
Doh study PS he does just look for ole talk.

What are either of your thoughts on the 4th goal in the 4-2 victory? 1v1 situation. Effective dribbling. Good decision-making. Outcome: goal.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 21, 2021, 11:41:15 AM »
LG was heavily involved in today's action. Very good assist and crosses.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nsOCGb4LHfI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nsOCGb4LHfI</a>
I eh know how to embed anymore.

This is the previous game.  LG concede a penalty in injury time that was saved, then LG run down to the next end and laid it on a platter for the fella.  Beautiful play.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OxwzJvU67dQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OxwzJvU67dQ</a>
Thanx for the clips. I like where he playin man. That Tankovic player on his team is class man. And he seem to have chemistry with Olivera. On the down side he have to train harder on defending corners (I know he short, but he positioning could use work). And he cyah be striking every free kick on target and hoping for a bubble back - mix it up a little man. Overall I go be good if he season here a little bit a year or so more. If only Joevin could get a lil bligh in this league.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:44:44 AM by kounty »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 21, 2021, 05:14:27 PM »

He's maturing....cutting inside, looking up for teammates, passing when the opportunity arises, showed the ball a bit but used quick feet to "confuffle" d defender , so progress :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: glad for him

ADD: I wrote somewhere that any analyst worth his salt coulda work Levi out and plan for him, d eye opening nullification against d US in d last WCQ being one such case, but he developing now, so dat could serve to benefit both him and us by extension.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 05:32:34 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 28, 2021, 09:37:10 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia's goal earns AEK Athens a 1-1 draw with Panathinaikos.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rUaB3E1Ur_o?start=75" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rUaB3E1Ur_o?start=75</a>

Garcia earns AEK Athens draw
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T senior football team winger Levi Garcia scored late on to earn AEK Athens a 1-1 draw with Panathinaikos in the Greece Super League at the Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium, Athens on Sunday.

After a goalless first-half, the visiting Panathinaikos took the lead in the 58th minute through Spaniard Fran Velez, his first league goal of the campaign.

But that lead only lasted 15 minutes as the 23-year-old Garcia who signed from Israel’s Beitar Jerusalem late last season netted his fifth goal for the club, the team’s third highest so far on the season, to earn a share of the points.

With the drawn result, AEK remained fourth on the table with 45 points from 24 matches, three ahead of Panathinaikos while POAK is in third spot with 46 points, one behind second placed Aris.

Powerhouse Olympiacos heads the 14-club table with 58 points.

Garcia and AEK return to action on Thursday when they meet Volos NFC, who are seventh in the Super League in the second-leg quarterfinals of the Greece Cup before a Super League encounter with Apollon Smyrnis on Monday, March 8.

AEK Athens will take a 4-2 first-leg win into the quarter final second-leg with Volos NFC.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 02:19:58 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 01, 2021, 12:24:06 PM »
Nice, Nice Levi. ManU ManU!!! Check this Trini out!!!! ;D. A lefty who can use his right foot without temerity is one to acquire.  ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 01, 2021, 03:16:22 PM »
Levi Garcia turns 18 today, and is now eligible to begin his professional career with AZ Alkmaar.

Who is next?!

Seems like yesterday he was playing for Shiva

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2021, 03:36:39 PM »
Levi Garcia turns 18 today, and is now eligible to begin his professional career with AZ Alkmaar.

Who is next?!

He that young? He can play in the next Olympics and will be in his prime for 2026 WC.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »

Who is next?!

He that young? He can play in the next Olympics and will be in his prime for 2026 WC.
come now deeks keep your wits about you, that was an old clipping. the lad is actually 22 years old and  he will have a very long way to go before he sees a better league, just be thankful that he's in a good league and can keep up his form in order to remain there. ATM none of our players are top flight euro material. so sad.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 01, 2021, 06:12:56 PM »

Who is next?!

come now deeks keep your wits about you, that was an old clipping. the lad is actually 22 years old and  he will have a very long way to go before he sees a better league, just be thankful that he's in a good league and can keep up his form in order to remain there. ATM none of our players are top flight euro material. so sad.

Breds, doh raise your blood pressure because of TT football. I pass that stage. I was rewarded with one WC appearance in my lifetime. It was one of the best achievement in TT history. I was alive to experience it. Thank God for small mercies!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 06:15:37 PM by Deeks »

1]; } ?>