March 28, 2024, 07:32:33 PM

Author Topic: Dominican Republic launches Pro League  (Read 746 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dominican Republic launches Pro League
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:16:40 PM »
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic – FIFA Vice President and CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb endorsed the inauguration of the Dominican Republic Professional Football League at the Federación Dominicana de Fútbol’s gala event on Monday.

Webb encouraged local stakeholders to “work together to write a new history” for the future of the Dominican game.

“On behalf of CONCACAF, I congratulate this vision and the captains of industry who support it,” Webb told an audience of over 200 persons gathered at the Hotel Embajador.  “Today is an excellent day for football.  The vision of the Federación Dominicana de Fútbol has materialized into the creation of a top level league, which is an historic feat for this Caribbean island.  The competition will not only benefit youth players who aspire to play professional football, but also give a fantastic opportunity to individuals involved in this dynamic industry.”

Federación Dominicana de Fútbol President Osiris Guzmán was delighted to host the CONCACAF President as a guest speaker at the event. 

“It is a pleasure to have the support of our Confederation to bolster this initiative, stirring up more confidence and providing much needed momentum to start the league off strongly,” said Guzman.

The league is scheduled to kick off in March 2015 with ten teams.  Prior to this initiative, teams played on a local, grassroots level.

Webb departed with an inspirational message to the Federation and its stakeholders, stating, “Let today be a defining moment for the Federation.  I am proud and honored to witness this historical moment in the advancement of football in this country and I look forward to watching the clubs steadily raise their level of play and enhance the quality of their game.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dominican Republic launches Pro League
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 02:36:11 AM »
Excellent news.

1]; } ?>