January 17, 2021, 06:26:37 AM

Author Topic: The Government should Pay off the TTFF Debt and Revitalize our National Football  (Read 969 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The other day I saw posters and advertising of the Jamaica vs. Canada match and I thought to myself, T&T with all those resources and rich private sector and we can't pull our football out of the doldrums?

It doesn't make sense to me, none of it. The amount of corrupt governments we have had in the past and hundreds of millions in embezzlement and the public sector can't step forward and bail out our football? To restore one of our most beloved sports, a sport that can help restore morale and inspire the masses.

We need a bail out to salvage our national football, I know many would say, why should we? But why shouldn't we, if we are going to turn over a new leaf and be accountable, we need to start fresh.

I like Phillips but I don't trust Tim Kee, no offense, he has roots in the previous admin that was negligent of so many of our woes over the years. I can't help but say that if we are to bail out the program, we would need a new start with new faces and not usual suspects of friends and family of previous admin and controllers.

It's the only way we can recover, if nothing is done, we are venturing down another campaign destined for failure. Do we want this? NO, it stunts our growth, it halts our progress that SH has made. That he could make and qualify us for the next World Cup. But how will that be possible when you have so many benefactors holding our football ransom, sorry to say it but it's true. Do I blame them? No, they deserve their pay and in the current state our football is in right now, Phillips and Tim Kee can't deliver that capital.

Since this is the case, the control of our football needs to be handed off to a group who can manage our national body and bring it back to life. Perpetual money problems in a nation as rich as we are, is mind boggling.

I can only see one way out of this current fiasco and it's through government intervention once again.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:23:20 PM by Controversial »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Perceptions that I can't find documents to prove ...
1. Sorry to say, Uncle Tim looks suspect in covering for Jackulito these days. I kinda liked him for some of the transient trust he created by aiming to look like he was pushing a changed agenda from you-know-who, when he first came on board, but his actions speak very much louder than words. Anyway we have to be grateful for small mercies and he made a landmark decision to pay Sancho and the boys and some of the unpaid coaches and staff and that is important to heal the bottomless wounds. He might not be able to go further and end up incriminating himself. He could just be seen as a stepping stone to progress in the future that follows a catastrophic past.
2. The TTFA is being systematically starved of funds probably for multiple reasons including bad mind, a who-gives-a-shite-mentality but also perception of toxic assets in the TTFA as the socawarriors in the case have been told that they have to go after the missing money. TTFA accounts are possibly seen as radioactive and nobody wants to touch dem fellas with donations, sponsorships, while undercover lawyers might be snooping around. So not getting near, not even with a 10 foot pole.
3. Sheldon is an asset but he needs to show that he is divorced completely from the ways of Jackulito, Scampito and Rodent as the distrust runs very very deep. Peter payin' for Paul.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:39:13 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Very interesting  subject / points  raised  here ( Contro) i  am inclined to agree with many of what  has been said as it relates to the  current  financial dilemma  the  federation is facing at the moment .... The ttfa  without doubt  are in dire need of assistance   sooner rather than later ....... it is hoped  that the government  via  the sports ministry  collectively work alongside eachother to bring some stability once and for all to  the current  dilemma..    .......will the government step up to assist thats left to be seen... politics aside ..  ....... On a side  note  wanna wish  the under20's the best against  cuba today .... give it ur all .....stay discipline ....again  best team tnt

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
All that private sector money staying in Goodwood and Moka.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
All that private sector money staying in Goodwood and Moka.

the reason for that is a horrible taxation system and a non extractable economy in which the government can't allocate resources to benefit the nation in other vital areas.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
But Aunty Kamala just paid the World Cup debt..... How much more you think they going to get ???????