March 28, 2024, 04:21:28 AM

Author Topic: Poll-Run-off-favours-Government  (Read 6935 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Poll-Run-off-favours-Government
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 02:46:53 PM »

Before this gets out of control, let me state this ...

1. There's a gap between the assertion posted and "clueless". They are not the same thing. Bourbon's comment strikes me as either disingenuous or reflexively partisan.

2. I am yet to express an opinion on her "popularity".

Yeah it was intended to come across as disingenuous. I mean with a statement like:

"The PM's popularity is in part based on her asserted lack of knowledge on vexing matters."

How could one have a leader that confidently could say she is ignorant about matters that trouble either her government or the country at large?

If you presenting that as an argument as to the prime minister being popular then what else could be the implication? If she could feign ignorance or wash her hands of it and claim she not aware...and that contributes to her popularity well then....what can I say. If that is makes her more attractive as a leader than Rowley..then Rowley has no chance.

1. There are elements within the electorate who (would) accept her asserted lack of knowledge. Consider that several of them are not partisan voters.

2. Plausible or implausible deniability is open for/to public and motivated voter assessment. Views will differ. What's the highest common factor among discerning voters? What's the lowest common denominator among discerning voters?

3. Let me restate, I have expressed no opinion on the matter.

socafighter

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 03:26:02 PM »

Ah just lover this Manning was a great leader ...hahahaha   :rotfl:

Not what I have heard in T&T from PNM financiers a few weeks ago...
dem cussing he arse for allowing Kamls to become PM ...

Dont forget amongst PNM , Rowley might be too dark....  :rotfl:

An amusing thread ..sitting back watching PNM till I die supporters ..wondering what if?..

Then why ???

Hv me popcorn ready and a comfy chair...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 06:52:48 AM »
Warner: No govt can be formed without ILP support
By  Anna Ramdass and Camille Hunte

No government can be formed without the support of the Independent Liberal Party (ILP), says Independent Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner.

Warner was commenting on an exclusive poll commissioned by the Express Newspapers and conducted by data analysis firm Solution by Simulation, which indicates poli­tical preference in the country is divided in near-equal numbers even though Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar remains popular as a leader.
When voters are asked who they would support if a general election were held today, the result is a statistical tie. Of all respondents, 34 per cent selected the People’s Partnership, and 32 per cent chose the People’s National Movement (PNM). The ILP would get four per cent; and other parties, four per cent; with 26 per cent undecided.

Warner said yesterday all polls have shown a third political force has a place in the country. “One thing for certain. Based on polls, what we know is that no government can be formed without the support of the ILP, and the ILP cannot form the government without the support of other parties,” said Warner.
Since his resignation from the Government, Warner has been very critical of the People’s Partnership and has asked citizens to forgive him for imposing the most corrupt government on them.

Asked whether he was willing to talk to the People’s Partnership with respect to joining the coalition, Warner said the ILP was willing to speak to anyone.
“If they can sanitise themselves, it will be up to the membership to decide,” Warner said.
He said the ILP was also willing to have talks with the PNM. “If the PNM looks more and more attractive, we have no problem talking to the PNM,” he said.
Warner said the Congress of the People (COP) and the Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) were politically dead and the ILP was the only third political party in the country of relevance.
He said the ILP has been intensifying its efforts on the ground holding cottage meetings in every area, and the party continues its dialogue with the people.
Questioned on whether he will be returning to defend his Chaguanas West constituency under an ILP ticket, Warner said he has not decided yet, but he knows for certain he will definitely return to electoral politics when the general election is called next year.

James: Undecideds will decide result

Meanwhile, political analyst Winford James says the results of the poll reinforce the idea the run-off provision in the Constitution (Amendment) Bill 2014 was deliberately designed to give the People’s Partnership an edge in the next and in future general elections.
The poll shows both the ruling People’s Partnership Government and the Opposition People’s National Movement (PNM) would be statistically tied if elections were to be called now.

However, when presented with the option to return to vote for the PNM or the Partnership, the generic ballot shifts from a statistical tie to a lead for the Partnership—a result which James believes was the intention all along. “The poll confirms the reason why the Government took the surreptitious step of getting a run-off provision into the Constitution, changing it in a way that most people feel is dubious. I think the reason for that decision has now been revealed, in light of the results of the poll,” James said.
James said, however, the 26 per cent of people who declared they were undecided hold the power to determine which party would form the next government.
“That is a big number, and the elections in 2015 will be decided by that 26 per cent. The Partnership and the PNM can take comfort at this time that the news is good for both of them, but they both have some work to do to win over the undecided when the time comes,” James said.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Warner-No-govt-can-be-formed-without-ILP-support-276866471.html
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

socafighter

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 07:53:32 AM »

Brownsugar ...

You quoting the ILP.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 09:31:39 AM »

Brownsugar ...

Can you not tell the difference between someone posting a news item and someone quoting the ILP?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

socafighter

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »

Brownsugar ...

Can you not tell the difference between someone posting a news item and someone quoting the ILP?

Did you see what was posted the whole article.. what would that tell you .
Does it not say I like what I read here ...???

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 01:15:25 PM »

Brownsugar ...

Did you see what was posted the whole article.. what would that tell you .
Does it not say I like what I read here ...???

Nope its says that Brown Sugar posted an article that is closely related to the topic of the thread and thus had every logical reason to post it here.

Brown Sugar posting it here does not mean that she agrees with all the views in the news article until she makes a quote from the article and says so.
But many here like yourself have a bad habit of making assumptions about what others agree or disagree with.

As I said there is a difference between someone posting an article and them making a quote from the article and saying that they agree or disagree with that part or the whole article.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:17:56 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 01:25:38 PM »

socafighter

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »

My response is simple ...It takes one to know one...

You just classified yourself as a troll....you cant be too intelligent huh ???

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 09:40:35 PM »
My response is simple ...It takes one to know one...

You just classified yourself as a troll....you cant be too intelligent huh ???

Why would you feel obligated to respond? Something fall in yuh yard?

If I not "too intelligent" then that actually doesn't bode very well for you.

socafighter

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 06:16:04 AM »

I just posted it ..so it shows how dumb and stupid you are ...

You are calling people Trolls without looking at yourself ...

Are you allowed to go outside alone ?...or do you need help???

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 09:33:05 AM »
I have a hard time believing you are a grown woman, and supposedly someone's wife at that. Then again, I have a hard time believing anything you say... considering you've been branded a pathological liar and chased off two other boards already.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 11:54:12 AM »
Warner: No govt can be formed without ILP support
By  Anna Ramdass and Camille Hunte

No government can be formed without the support of the Independent Liberal Party (ILP), says Independent Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner.

Warner was commenting on an exclusive poll commissioned by the Express Newspapers and conducted by data analysis firm Solution by Simulation, which indicates poli­tical preference in the country is divided in near-equal numbers even though Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar remains popular as a leader.
When voters are asked who they would support if a general election were held today, the result is a statistical tie. Of all respondents, 34 per cent selected the People’s Partnership, and 32 per cent chose the People’s National Movement (PNM). The ILP would get four per cent; and other parties, four per cent; with 26 per cent undecided.

Warner said yesterday all polls have shown a third political force has a place in the country. “One thing for certain. Based on polls, what we know is that no government can be formed without the support of the ILP, and the ILP cannot form the government without the support of other parties,” said Warner.
Since his resignation from the Government, Warner has been very critical of the People’s Partnership and has asked citizens to forgive him for imposing the most corrupt government on them.

Asked whether he was willing to talk to the People’s Partnership with respect to joining the coalition, Warner said the ILP was willing to speak to anyone.
“If they can sanitise themselves, it will be up to the membership to decide,” Warner said.
He said the ILP was also willing to have talks with the PNM. “If the PNM looks more and more attractive, we have no problem talking to the PNM,” he said.
Warner said the Congress of the People (COP) and the Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) were politically dead and the ILP was the only third political party in the country of relevance.
He said the ILP has been intensifying its efforts on the ground holding cottage meetings in every area, and the party continues its dialogue with the people.
Questioned on whether he will be returning to defend his Chaguanas West constituency under an ILP ticket, Warner said he has not decided yet, but he knows for certain he will definitely return to electoral politics when the general election is called next year.

James: Undecideds will decide result

Meanwhile, political analyst Winford James says the results of the poll reinforce the idea the run-off provision in the Constitution (Amendment) Bill 2014 was deliberately designed to give the People’s Partnership an edge in the next and in future general elections.
The poll shows both the ruling People’s Partnership Government and the Opposition People’s National Movement (PNM) would be statistically tied if elections were to be called now.

However, when presented with the option to return to vote for the PNM or the Partnership, the generic ballot shifts from a statistical tie to a lead for the Partnership—a result which James believes was the intention all along. “The poll confirms the reason why the Government took the surreptitious step of getting a run-off provision into the Constitution, changing it in a way that most people feel is dubious. I think the reason for that decision has now been revealed, in light of the results of the poll,” James said.
James said, however, the 26 per cent of people who declared they were undecided hold the power to determine which party would form the next government.
“That is a big number, and the elections in 2015 will be decided by that 26 per cent. The Partnership and the PNM can take comfort at this time that the news is good for both of them, but they both have some work to do to win over the undecided when the time comes,” James said.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Warner-No-govt-can-be-formed-without-ILP-support-276866471.html

Jack pass delusional now.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

socafighter

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »
I have a hard time believing you are a grown woman, and supposedly someone's wife at that. Then again, I have a hard time believing anything you say... considering you've been branded a pathological liar and chased off two other boards already.

Why not tell the truth ...I was banned from cc com , for debating a poster named Southie .
This site has banned more Trini's than I would care to count....

I have never been kicked of any other forum ... I have been a member of two other
forums for a short period of time and left on my own accord , owing to work.

So you are spreading false information...

you've been branded a pathological liar
I have never been branded as such ....

Now since you are a bearer of false info can you show me the facts where I am a pathological liar...? As I stated it takes one to know one...

I await ....bring such facts out ....what I lied about ?....

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:36:28 PM by socafighter »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »

you've been branded a pathological liar
I have never been branded as such ....

Now since you are a bearer of false info can you show me the facts where I am a pathological liar...? As I stated it takes one to know one...

I await ....bring such facts out ....what I lied about ?....

I don't have to bring proof that you're a pathological liar, just proof to back up my assertion that you've been branded as a pathological liar on at least one other message board.  There goes that pesky reading comprehension thing again.

Say what you may but my admiration for Soca fighter is great .
 Here is a woman that does not lie on a small scale but  of the most outrageous grand scale.
 She claimed that she in a medical doctor , Her husband is a Trini Lawyer,   about  whose Law firm employs 75 lawyers . That should have been a give away cause no one has ever heard if that firm . It would have been one if the biggest here.
 Her love  life  was  straight out of a  Harlequin romance novel. She was lying on a beach in St tropez France when a handsome Indo Trini caught her eye and she went after  him cause she knew that here is the man of her dreams .
 The union produced two pure white beautiful daughters who   were Law students and part time models.
 They owned a mansion in Ottawa and a farm in Kingston ,
 She sure had me  and a a few more here fooled .
 I should  have guessed that one so successful would have had no time to engaged with idiots like me on this Forum '
 I will say this  , you are one of the greatest liar there ever was and I tip my hat and raise a glass in your honour, you punked us good .
 Hope that you return here under a different handle because your posts were very interesting and controversial and  you riled up a lot of folks here  8)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »
oh no you didn't :o :o :o :liar: :liar: :liar: :loser: :loser: :puking: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2014, 06:40:37 PM »
OMG...... :o  :-X
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

socafighter

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2014, 06:45:53 PM »
Its the first time I am seeing that posting by Kwami...

One must note that I had left the site a couple of weeks before ....

I wasn't there to defend myself ...

This is the internet  and one can post stuff that they wish even if its not true ...

I have never met Kwami , nor have I spoken to him in person...

I have seen worsts stuff posted about me at cc.com  that I am a male , trans , lesbian
etc with insecure men after debating cricket with them and making them look like fools...

I am some what surprised that Kwami would post such .

My husband has spoken to Flex on a few occassions  and they are familiar with individuals
in Trinidad.

You are taking stuff that someone who knows me not , wrote it after I left on my own accord...

I don't run I stand and fight ...

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:52:24 PM by socafighter »

socafighter

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 07:17:25 PM »

That was an interesting thread to read for the first time...

I didnt know it existed .... I was called many names on that thread .

I must admit I do know  lawyer in Toronto Name  Chin , he lives in Hamilton.

He is correct as stated on the thread on how he contacted me ..my email is always posted .

I had to chuckle as I have never met any one on that thread or spoken to them via the telephone.

I was never advised of this thread by Mr Chin...and will ask him why in an email ?...

If one were to read such a thread they would see allegations without proof as asked for
by Mr Chin....I wasn't at the site I had left .

I see my name being brought up at cc.com some  7 years after I was banned ...its ironic
the poster REV  was banned with me the same day . He for racists comments.

I see he waited till I left to attack me ... when in conversations with him , he was always full of praise.

When I left I asked that the Chair delete my membership....some how all my threads were deleted...

The ones attacking me are all Guyanese men ...oh well
I was banned by a Guyanese at cc.com...

I have nothing to hide , I stand by my statements that I post . I dont run from a fight
and I don't take prisoners ...

On the Internet one can post anything , it doesn't have to be truthful and people will believe it or not...

I will send a copy of this thread to my husband and kids , they must see what lies on the internet ...

Flex , Tallman   if you believe this , send me a PM and I would leave ...

I have only one handle on the Internet and its socafighter and will always be...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »

Its the first time I am seeing that posting by Kwami...

No it's not... yuh damn liar.  Yuh right dey self in that thread posting as "Chin."  In addition to being unable to disguise your posting style, your penchant for randomly bolding portions of your response is also a dead giveaway.

Quote from:  Chin

I have met a few Trini women , primarily in my Business field .I have not met any one
that you describe . I am not saying they don't exist .

To understand the full story ..their are three sides to such...
Yours ..her's and somewhere in between lies the truth ..

You coming here and making such comments is doing a disservice to your wife and if she is
a mother ..your children. I am humbly asking that you refrain.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:25:07 PM by Bakes »

socafighter

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »
I have stated who I am ...

I have seen numerous individuals being referred as me on two sites over the past 7 years ...

The irony is I belong to only one site ....

So I guess any one who highlights will be or posts like me socafighter
My two daughters have similar writing styles as me and so does my secretary ,she posts
the cricket stories from various newspapers around the globe..

I have some friends who send me emails when ever such occurs ..we laugh about it .

I am not here to convince any one ....If you read such and believe so be it ,
You have no bearing on my life . Actually I have no idea who you are nor care to...

If others on this forum believes such a diatribe , I cant control such , again so be it .

You like they have  found me guilty , based on a version of what was perceived to be ,
I cannot control such nor will I attempt to do so .

I would become at their level  and I don't wish such on any one...

I have sent a PM to tallman and Flex and asked for an opinion. If they think I am guilty
I would graciously leave .

It reminds me of how posters claim Narine pelts in cricket , yet he has never been called for such by the powers that be..the ICC....I am sure Narine reads such , he has completely ignored such and continues to play the game...

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:07:06 PM by socafighter »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2014, 10:13:18 PM »
Yup... moving on.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2014, 04:44:42 AM »
Handbags at 10 paces.....
.........and may God bless our Nation.

socafighter

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2014, 07:30:27 AM »
Handbags at 10 paces.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: nope

I form my opinions by knowing a person not by what others say when they have left.

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2014, 08:35:23 PM »
 Don't  come around these parts any more.
 Posters..., PNM good and incorruptible Present govt corrupt and incompetent . View posts here as comic relief , 
 All posts are similar and must  follow the narrative .
 Poster  Socafighter  dares to be contrary and is  viciously attacked 
 My take ... Trinidad should have had a per Capita income   on par with western Europe but it was  f**ked  up by Black Govt's   starting with Williams and continued up to Manning  . Brief interludes with Panday and Kamla continued the  trend of incompetence and corruption ,.   
 Rowley will make no difference... Patiently awaits the  avalanche of vitriolic comments ,,   not that I give a shit

1]; } ?>