March 28, 2024, 07:22:44 PM

Author Topic: Shots fired at police station ...after two killed in Laventille  (Read 6731 times)

socafighter

Shots fired at police station ...after two killed in Laventille
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:01:51 AM »
Shots fired at police station
...after two killed in Laventille

By Alexander Bruzual
Story Created: Sep 26, 2014 at 8:31 AM ECT
Express

East Port of Spain was last night transformed into a scene reminiscent of a modern war movie, with the ringing of periodic gunfire in-between the sound of helicopters and orders being barked by heavily armed soldiers and policemen.

The cause of the action?

Unknown groups of heavily armed men reportedly opened fire on the Besson Street Police Station at about 10p.m, shortly after 30-year-old Dillon “Bandy” Skeete was killed by unknown persons.

The exact circumstances of the killing remained unknown but sources told the Express that sometime during the night in Laventille, Skeete and an as yet unidentified individual, were walking along the roadway when a black unmarked Nissan X-Trail motor vehicle pulled alongside the duo.

The men inside the car reportedly opened fire on the two men, hitting them several times.
Police sources said Skeete was killed instantly, along with his unknown accomplice.
Police believe that persons close to Skeete assumed that the men who killed the 30-year-old man were police officers, as law enforcement personnel were known to use those make of vehicles.

As a result, some time at about 10p.m. armed men visited the Besson Street Police Station situated at the corner of Picadilly Street, Port of Spain, and opened fire on the law enforcement office.

This led to an immediate response from the Police Service, who called in assistance from the T&T Defence Force as well. Their responses were all coordinated by the National Operations Center(NOC) and within minutes, the area was cordoned off, and heavily armed men and women of the National Security services responded.

Aerial support was summoned by the NOC and helicopters were seen hovering above the police station, with its headlights focused on the roadways.

There were also unconfirmed reports of a police sergeant being injured during the shooting, but up to 1a.m.this information could not be validated.

Heads of the various divisions in Trinidad and Tobago, including Assistant Commissioner of Police Stephen Ramsubhag (POS/West) Divisional Commander for Northern Division Senior Superintendent David Abraham, Divisional Commander for Western Division Ishmael David, Superintendent Johnny Abraham (Central), along with Inspector Roger Alexander of the North Eastern Division, among others, were notified of the ongoing situation and alerted to be on standby in the event further assistance was required.

As of 1a.m. police sources also indicated that three persons had been shot in total, but it was unknown if this figure included the two persons said to have been killed.

Law enforcement agencies locked down Picadilly Street and repeatedly told reporters that anyone who ventured on the roadway was doing so at their own risk.

Skeete was wanted by police as a suspect in the murder of Lance Corporal Kayode Thomas.

Reports are that at approximately 11:30pm, on Sunday, June 29, 2014, Lance Corporal Thomas while off duty was shot and killed near Plaisance Quarry Road, John John while driving his Mazda 323 on his way to visit a relative in the Beverly Hills area.
No one has been held in relation to this incident.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Shots fired at police station ...after two killed in Laventille
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 07:50:18 AM »
Now we know why the armoured vehicles were purchased...

The gangsters have more ammo and guns than the police.

But they real brazen to shoot at a police station...no respect...and then when they pick up corn, oh they was "good boys" they wasn't in nuttin.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »

But they real brazen to shoot at a police station...no respect...and then when they pick up corn, oh they was "good boys" they wasn't in nuttin.

Not the first time a Police Station get shoot up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »

frightening!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
I find all this very suspicious but now they suddenly have a justification for all the armoured vehicles recently purchased.

There is a saying that you need to create an enemy in order to justify a war.

Looks like the Dogs of war are being readied for battle.

Don't be surprised if another SoE is called and Christmas or Carnival or even most importantly the next General Elections has to be cancelled until the PPG feels that the public is appreciating their so-called war on crime and thus will forget all their other corruption and mismanagement since being in office and hopefully vote them back in.

Yes folks this PPG is that desperate to remain in power as the warning signs are all there.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:36:20 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »
I find all this very suspicious but now they suddenly have a justification for all the armoured vehicles recently purchased.

First thing cross my mind...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »

There is a saying that you need to create an enemy in order to justify a war.

Looks like the Dogs of war are being readied for battle.

Don't be surprised if another SoE is called and Christmas or Carnival or even most importantly the next General Elections has to be cancelled until the PPG feels that the public is appreciating their so-called war on crime and thus will forget all their other corruption and mismanagement since being in office and hopefully vote them back in.

Yes folks this PPG is that desperate to remain in power as the warning signs are all there.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
Doesn't make sense, so there's an ember behind the more conspiratorial explanations - gangs aren't usually so utterly moronic as to make such an overt assault on symbols of authority and the police - that necessarily prompts a disproportionate response. Either there's some utterly stupid a-holes in EPOS, or there's something more to it (or both).

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 07:29:40 PM »

No they don't...which roads in Trinidad, especially in Laventille, those vehicles fitting?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »

No they don't...which roads in Trinidad, especially in Laventille, those vehicles fitting?

The justification doesn't have to be totally logical my friend. Its the PPG with Satnarayan Maharaj influencing government policies that we dealing with.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:28:43 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 10:51:32 PM »

The justification doesn't have to be totally logical my friend. Its the PPG with Satnarayan Maharaj influencing government policies that we dealing with.

Was being facetious.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 11:44:47 PM »
On social media it was reported that 2 of the deceased were part of a cast filming a movie called "lights of laventille" starring Louie Rankin who left the country earlier in the day. I guess we will never see this film completed.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/BULLETS--FOR--COPS-277292001.html

BULLETS FOR COPS
Shots fired at Besson Street Police Station after three men murdered in Laventille

By \\\\\ Alexander Bruzual
Story Created: Sep 26, 2014 at 10:01 PM ECT
Story Updated: Sep 26, 2014 at 10:01 PM ECT
The peace and silence that East Port of Spain has been experiencing for the past few months was violently broken on Thursday night with the killing of three men and the subsequent attack on the Besson Street Police Station.

For most of the night, gunshots were heard echoing throughout the hills of the East Dry River and Laventille, as heavily armed police officers along with soldiers from the Defence Force patrolled Desperlie Crescent, Laventille Road, Piccadilly Street, and the surrounding communities of East Port of Spain.

Piccadilly Street was cordoned off from vehicular and pedestrian traffic as police officers and soldiers responded to the threat raised against the police station by unknown assailants. Several times throughout the night, reporters who visited the scene had to be cautioned “for their own safety” as gunshots echoed throughout the still night air.

Reporters were also told by police that they will not be allowed to proceed any further as “the area was too hot”.

The entire incident began when an unknown group of heavily armed men reportedly opened fire on the Besson Street Police Station around 10 p.m. on Thursday, shortly after 30-year-old Dillon “Bandy” Skeete was killed.

According to acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams during a news briefing yesterday at the Police Administration Building in Port of Spain, Skeete was one of three people who were killed following a shooting incident along Desperlie Crescent, Laventille.

“Last night at about 10 p.m. a group of men were located at Desperlie Crescent, Laventille, when a black Nissan X-trail approached the group and five heavily armed men came out of the vehicle and ordered the men to kneel down. As they did so, the group was then fired upon. Five of the men from that group were injured. Three of them fatally. They were all taken to the Port of Spain General Hospital (POSGH), four of them by persons in the area and one by a police patrol which responded.

“At present, two persons are at the POSGH receiving treatment under police guard. The three persons who have died are Dillon Skeete alias “Bandy”, Joel Tash and Tremin Thomas. The T&T Police Service (TTPS) wants to firstly express condolences to the relatives of the deceased, but we also want to give the public the assurance that we will be doing everything possible to solve this crime, this heinous crime, which would have occurred causing a disturbance to the peace which would have been operating in Laventille for several months now,” Williams said.

The Express has since learnt that the two persons who are at the hospital are Christian Huggins and Atiba Lewis. Both men were said to have been shot multiple times about their bodies and were said to be listed in a serious condition.

When the Express visited Desperlie Crescent yesterday, residents described the killing of the three men as “an execution” and they believed that law enforcement officers were the persons responsible.

“We were all liming here on the block. About nine fellas and a few girls when some time after nine (p.m.) a marked police vehicle pass by. They didn’t harass us so we said okay no scene and carry on. A little while later, another car just like the first one, except it was unmarked, come up the road. The marked police car end up driving down the road and the two vehicles stopped and the drivers chat up with each other, before the marked car drive off.

“Right after the marked police car drive off, the unmarked one drive up on the group, and men jump out, some masked, some not, and scream out, ‘Eh! police! Everybody go up on the wall!’ One of them even put a gun to my chest and said it have no gyal thing here, and he would kill me just the same if I didn’t go on my knees. So I went down. They then shine a light in my face and I remember it was a masked man who tell me that they know me and they would come back for me.

“One of the men then get a phone call and went by Skeete and dry so they shoot him. When I saw him shot I ran for my life, and the men began shooting behind me. Next thing I know they pull up in their vehicle and drive off and when we check five of them bleeding on the ground,” said a woman who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

She said she was fearful for her life and the lives of her four children because she “knew in her heart” it was law enforcement officers.

\\ Acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams has denied that police officers were involved in the killing of three people in Laventille.

“The preliminary investigations that we have conducted clearly points to the fact that the persons involved are not law enforcement,” Williams said at a press briefing yesterday.

Williams said investigations will proceed with “an open mind’.

“What we normally do with an investigation, even if we get some early indicators in relation to public perception and suspicion, what we do is approach the situation with an open mind so we don’t limit the investigation from the start. So the Police Service will approach the investigation with an open mind to explore all angles but there are some early indicators, including information that these men were not law enforcement, which we are in fact exploring,” Williams said.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 11:48:02 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Griffith-on-station-attack-We-will-fight-fire-with-fire-277249691.html

Griffith on station attack: We will fight fire with fire
By the Multimedia Desk
Story Created: Sep 26, 2014 at 3:37 PM ECT
Story Updated: Sep 26, 2014 at 3:37 PM ECT
NATIONAL Security Minister Gary Griffith on Friday issued a statement in response to last night's gun attack on the Besson Street Police Station, which came after three men were killed in disputed circumstances in Laventille. The following is Minister Griffith's statement -

Minister of National Security, Senator the Honourable Gary Griffith, following the shooting of the Besson Street Police Station wishes to give every assurance that the combined arms of Law Enforcement have the situation completely under control.

Referring again to claims that he has been militarizing the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS), that the deployment of Law Enforcement Patrols in Laventille was heavy handed, and that the calling out of Reserves to bolster the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force (TTDF) during peak times was unnecessary, the Minister pointed out that those who are making these claims should refrain from making unfounded accusations with the nation's defence and allow the combined services of law enforcement to execute their jobs in light of last night’s incident.

The Minister said that in a time when criminals are armed with high powered weapons and are willing to exchange gunfire with our Police Service, statements that our security forces do not need Armoured Personal Carriers (APCs) demonstrate a woeful lack of situational awareness, if not critical intelligence. He once again called for a more mature response from those tempted to speak on the issue.

Minister Griffith stated, “This attack demonstrates for all to see that we were already on the right path and, if anything, should have upgraded our ground assets sooner”.

Minister Griffith continued “The harsh reality is that we are fighting to reclaim this nation from the criminal elements, a fight that we have every intention of winning and, as disturbing as last night's brazen attack was, it shows that we have been spot on in our assessment of the situation and our responses to it”.

He described attacking the troops in the media, calling our soldiers killing machines or accusing our Police Service of killing without provocation as counterproductive, undermining the morale of the troops on the front line, and may well give comfort and support to those bent on unleashing mayhem on our society.

He reminded that his approach to National Security has not been media frenzied crime plans but promoting effective and professional policing using strategies that have worked in other theatres of operation that have achieved results. The Minister said, “Our successes to date are an indication that this remains the correct path to follow, and while last night's attack was sensational, it was not unexpected and it will be responded to efficiently and with surety of purpose”.

He insisted that the nation cannot sit idly by and bury its head in the sand and act like the problem is going to go away. “We have to fight fire with fire and every time we move to protect our law enforcement officers, there are a few persons who continue to make deliberate statements to try to peg us back”.

Minister Griffith reiterated that he is going to do all that is necessary within the law, to secure our citizens.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 11:50:15 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Relatives-claim-gunmen-were-soldiers--277291311.html

Relatives claim gunmen were soldiers
By \\\\\ Gyasi Gonzales gyasi.gonzales@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Sep 26, 2014 at 9:51 PM ECT
Story Updated: Sep 26, 2014 at 9:51 PM ECT
TLETA SKEETE sank to her knees and screamed in the carpark of the Forensic Science Centre yesterday over the loss of her 30-year-old son, Dillon “Bandy” Skeete, who was shot dead on Thursday night along with two other men.

The others, Joel Tash, 22, a Special Reserve Police (SRP) hopeful; and Tremin Thomas, 28, a Jamaican national; were also shot dead in what the police described as gang-related killings in Laventille.

However, relatives of the trio are blaming the Regiment for the killings.

Communications specialist of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force, Major Al Alexander, denied their involvement.

According to the major, “We continue to be law-abiding personnel and any killing is a loss to Trinidad and Tobago and is very unfortunate, but no member of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force has any involvement in what occurred on Thursday night.”

The families claimed, however, that around 10 p.m. soldiers accompanied by the police drove through the Desperlie Crescent area. They added that the back-seat window of the SUV was lowered and that two soldiers in the back seat peered out and looked at them intently following which the SUV sped off.

Ten minutes later another SUV which was black in colour arrived and stopped near the group of men.

They said that everyone in the SUV wore masks and were dressed in black. Two occupants of the SUV then fired several shots while seated in the vehicle hitting a total of five men, three of whom died.

Other relatives said, however, that several men including the three shot dead were forced at gunpoint to line up against a wall following which two men dressed in black who they claimed were soldiers opened fire on the group.

In July this year, Skeete was fingered as one of the suspects in the shooting death of Regiment Lance Corporal Kayode Thomas who was shot dead while en-route to visit his mother in Beverly Hills, John John on the night of June 29.

Skeete’s sister said yesterday that since then he (Skeete) had been “marked for death” by certain members of the Regiment and when he attempted to surrender to the police days after Thomas was killed the police turned him away from the station saying he was not a suspect.

A cousin of both Skeete and Tremin Thomas said, “Everybody know how they wanted him (Skeete) for murder of the soldier and he gave up heself at the station and when they turn him back from the station the police say that the soldiers could not hold him.”

She recalled that last week Saturday both she and Skeete were liming in the same area when a patrolling group of soldiers and police stopped near him. She said that they (the soldiers) looked at him and drove off following which he told her, “I’m next.”

She added that, “so when they left him last week they wanted him to feel that everything was all right.”

Asked to describe Skeete, she said, “everybody have they bad ways but he never disrespect nobody.”

Asked what she meant by “bad ways,” she did not reply.

She was also asked how the community knew that it was soldiers who shot and killed the three men and she said, “We just know because they had ah high calibre guns because all his teeth (Skeete) mash up because they fired the first shot to his face.”

Asked about her cousin, the Jamaican national, she explained that he had arrived in Trinidad about a month ago and was involved in filming a video about crime in Trinidad and the gangster life.

\\ The number of people murdered for the year to date is 302

\\ The comparative figure last year was 286

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 08:44:05 AM »
This item may have slipped under the radar.  Months now they was after this fella and is clear that the regiment was taking things into their own hands at certain points.  This doesn't feel right at all... and honestly, I wouldn't put it past this government or the regiment for conspiring to achieve a mutual end.

Military manhunt, bomb scare at GML
Kalifa Clyne (Trinidad Guardian)

Published:
Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A military manhunt for a man who soldiers say can help them solve the murder of their colleague Kayode Thomas led to drama on the doorstep of Guardian Media Ltd yesterday. The suspect, identified as Dillon “Bandy” Skeete, agreed to meet with a T&T Guardian reporter earlier yesterday. After several conversations between the reporter and a lawyer representing him, Skeete eventually agreed to meet at  the T&T Guardian building at St Vincent Street, Port-of-Spain, around 4 pm. A series of incidents took place shortly before the meeting.

Armed soldiers rushed into the Queen Street carpark of the newspaper and questioned the security guard and another member of staff about a red Mazda car which had been parked there since 6.15 am. The driver of the car told the security guard on duty that she was a new employee and worked at CNC3. When she left, however, she said she was working at the T&T Guardian sales department. Another group of soldiers were seen parked on St Vincent Street, metres away from the entrance to the T&T Guardian building, in a military vehicle. Shortly after 3 pm, Skeete’s lawyer, Russell Warner, arrived in the lobby. Skeete, accompanied by three women, arrived moments later. During the interview, Skeete claimed he was being hunted across the country by soldiers and feared for his life.

As the interview was ending, about 20 minutes later, an unidentified man telephoned the T&T Guardian operator and said there was a bomb in the building and it would blow up if “you all don’t ----ing come out.” By then Skeete had left the building. A senior soldier then telephoned an editor saying he had heard a man who soldiers were looking for was in the building. After the bomb threat, alarms were set off and staff from the various media arms of GML, including television station CNC3 and the GML radio stations, began pouring out of the building to gather at the muster point at Woodford Square. Police and firefighters blocked off St Vincent Street, directing rush-hour traffic along alternative routes. Police assigned to Special Branch, the intelligence-gathering unit of the Police Service, were the first to respond. They were later joined by police assigned to the Canine Unit and two bomb-sniffing dogs.

During a detailed search, which lasted almost two hours, the police were accompanied by three members of GML staff. They gave the all-clear to return to the building around 5.45 pm.
The disruption delayed the CNC3 7 pm newscast and affected the Crime Watch programme and other media operations.Skeete’s lawyer said his client was able to elude the military dragnet and made it to a safe location.

Skeete: I’m scared for my life

In the interview Skeete said members of his family were being harassed by soldiers in different parts of the country. He said on July 9, his mother’s house in Toco was searched, operating without police assistance. Skeete described similar searches at his home in East Dry River, Port-of-Spain, and at a relative’s home in Couva. Soldiers also searched another relative’s home in Champs Fleurs. “I’m scared for my life,” Skeete said, adding that there was no warrant out for his arrest.

A member of the police Homicide Bureau confirmed there was no warrant out for Skeete nor was he wanted for questioning over the soldier’s murder. Skeete said he has had no direct conversation with either police or soldiers and had been speaking to police through his lawyers. “To me, it looks like those soldiers just want to out my lights. They are coming in masks and they are threatening my family,” he said.  He admitted that he has two matters pending in court for purchasing a stolen phone and obscene language and said some other matters, which he did not identify, were thrown out of court.

Skeete said soldiers had harassed his eight-year-old son and his girlfriend. Asked why he felt soldiers were looking for him, he said he was told it was in relation to the murder of Thomas on June 29. “He (Thomas) was my cousin. He was killed in Beverly Hills. I am from East Dry River. There is no way I can go there.” He explained that was because of conflict between some residents of both areas. He said he could not go to work as a contractor with the Housing Development Corporation or stay home with his children but was forced to hide in fear for his life.
“I really want this to stop,” he added.

Army: Public should co-operate

The T&T Guardian contacted civil military affairs officer of the Defence Force Major Al Alexander, who said soldiers were accompanied by police when they searched Skeete’s relatives’ home in Couva. Neither Alexander or Public Affairs Officer of the Regiment, Capt Stefan Alfonso, said they were looking into information provided by the media yesterday. Alfonso said: “The regiment is investigating these reports and we are also asking members of the public to co-operate with us and provide any information or evidence of abuse by soldiers to help with investigations.”

GML responds

Commenting on the bomb threat, managing director of Guardian Media Ltd Lisa Agard said it was an attack on press freedom.
“I am very concerned if someone can so easily and so nonchalantly call in a bomb threat in to a media house and disrupt our operations so significantly.
“We have to be very concerned and we have to be worried about this attack on the media — and we regard it as an attack on the media,” Agard said.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-07-15/military-manhunt-bomb-scare-gml

Meanwhile is all kinda thing going on with this case... Skeete was allegedly wanted for the murder of the soldier, Kayode Thomas.  Streete however claims he was a cousin of Thomas... and one of his brothers, Duane Skeete, was allegedly kidnapped by TnT soldiers earlier this year... in Grenada.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 08:52:24 AM »
Meanwhile trouble just kept following that Skeete fella until it ketch up to him...

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Apartment-bombed--as-assailants-search--for-Laventille-man-142213875.html

Just google his name.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »
They were obviously out to kill that Skeete fella, despite his failed attempt to turn himself into the police to hopefully stay alive.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »
This ting turning out to be ah soap oui

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/PROTEST-OVER-KILLINGS-277293031.html

Laventille Road residents are claiming that there was no shootout as Acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams has stated.

They came out on the street to protest but it was somewhat subdued

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »
A couple weeks ago a soldier was shot and killed in laventille , from what I am hearing that soldier arrested a man with a gun  the gun belong to the police ,was  skeete name mentioned in that killing.

from what I am hearing this shouting was related to that shooting the police and soldiers was involve .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »
A couple weeks ago a soldier was shot and killed in laventille , from what I am hearing that soldier arrested a man with a gun  the gun belong to the police ,was  skeete name mentioned in that killing.

from what I am hearing this shouting was related to that shooting the police and soldiers was involve .

D fella went Besson Street PS wit his lawyer in tow. They say we eh want u. My peeps from up d hill say d nite d soldier died the fella was in a wake 4 somebody else who get kill.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 01:29:21 PM »
Crazy

OPPOSITION Leader Dr Keith Rowley was presented with a bag full of spent shells by a Laventille resident yesterday when he visited the spot where three people were shot dead last week.

Rowley organised for the 18, 5.56 calibre bullets and one 12 gauge shotgun casing to be handed over to police.

Rowley said the fact he could have been presented with this crime scene evidence by an ordinary citizen days after the killings occurred was proof the investigation into the matter has gotten off to a bad start.

He is now demanding a thorough investigation into the incident.

On Thursday night Dillon “Bandy” Skeete, 30; Joel Tash, 22; and Jamaican national Tremin Thomas, 28; were shot dead at Desperlie Crescent in Laventille.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Bag-of-spent-shells-given-to-Rowley-277527811.html

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:19:16 AM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>