April 26, 2024, 10:05:09 AM

Author Topic: Five T&T U-20s set for Europe; but Central vows to fight agent for Levi Garcia  (Read 15597 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Next time you guys need to get in a car and drive to the parents house when recruiting lol.
Collages in the states fly across country to sign players .
Levi parents must've said Wayne you go and do it , to far for all of us to go lol.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So what about school levi will be missing some classes ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
This situation reminds me of the beef between McComie and Fenwick that prevented Hyland, Guerra, and Peltier from fullfilling their dreams sooner rather than later.
After watching that short clip of Mrs. Garcia in Amwood's video clip, you have to wonder about her demeanor, her intelligence level and her naivete. Wow, Football Supporter, that short clip of this woman says a lot about things behind this fiasco.

Say it ain't so, partner. You didn't take advantage of this family. Did you?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Next time you guys need to get in a car and drive to the parents house when recruiting lol.
Collages in the states fly across country to sign players .
Levi parents must've said Wayne you go and do it , to far for all of us to go lol.

With Winchester, Brent flew over to Tobago several time to meet the Mother, also the same with Daryl Trim. In this instance, the parents felt that Daniel would better understand the contract etc. Obviously, at age 26, Daniel is a mature adult, so if that was the family's option, then we felt we would go along with their wishes. Clearly, from now on, we would insist on a parent. Of course, if that parent can barely write their name, it's actually a huge disadvantage for the minor!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This situation reminds me of the beef between McComie and Fenwick that prevented Hyland, Guerra, and Peltier from fullfilling their dreams sooner rather than later.
After watching that short clip of Mrs. Garcia in Amwood's video clip, you have to wonder about her demeanor, her intelligence level and her naivete. Wow, Football Supporter, that short clip of this woman says a lot about things behind this fiasco.

KD, I saw nothing in the video that suggested Central took advantage. The boy wanted to play football. The parents wanted him to play football. He chose to come to Central and we developed a 12-18 month plan that would see him move overseas in July 2015 or Dec 2015.

The only reason this is an issue is because an agent came along who wants to move Levi now (too soon, in our opinion) and not just represent him, but OWN him so he gets 100% of any transfer fee. No money will go to Shiva Boys or Siparia Spurs.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Garcia has big football dreams.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Garcia comes from a family of three brothers and two sisters and credits his 26 year old brother Daniel for pushing him to success.

I now reading this part... this makes it even harder to justify.  Daniel barely mature enough to be making such a big decision... even if he might be more sophisticated than his parents.  And yes, even in Trinidad, especially if the parents are alive he'd have to be court-appointed.  Of course Central could challenge whatever allyuh like, doesn't mean it will get anywhere.  That same $40,000 USD yuh scoffing at allyuh might end up spending that in legal fees and see no end-product in return.

26 is barely mature  ???  and people start family before 25. Shocking  :o
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

What was wrong with the woman demeanor in the video? What did she say or not say that make you question her intelligence?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

KD, I saw nothing in the video that suggested Central took advantage. The boy wanted to play football. The parents wanted him to play football. He chose to come to Central and we developed a 12-18 month plan that would see him move overseas in July 2015 or Dec 2015.

The only reason this is an issue is because an agent came along who wants to move Levi now (too soon, in our opinion) and not just represent him, but OWN him so he gets 100% of any transfer fee. No money will go to Shiva Boys or Siparia Spurs.

FS I don't know why you keep explaining yuhself. It have men here who secretly want to see Central Sharks fail (moreso Sancho). Parents (I have personally seen in the US) give other adults permission to represent their children with out any lawyer or court document. Maybe the parents could lie and say they did not give 26 years old grown ass man permission to represent they younger son. But things like this happen all the time all over the world.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

What was wrong with the woman demeanor in the video? What did she say or not say that make you question her intelligence?

Judit Garcia is a very pleasant lady who takes much interest in her sons careers. Mr Garcia is equally attentive. While they may not be too familiar with football contracts, they certainly are not illiterate in my understanding of the term. They are not attention seekers and being in the spoplight is not comfortable for Judit. I am certain that they are not at all comfortable with this tug of war situation as we had a very cordial relationship until the agent came onto the scene.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

FS I don't know why you keep explaining yuhself. It have men here who secretly want to see Central Sharks fail (moreso Sancho). Parents (I have personally seen in the US) give other adults permission to represent their children with out any lawyer or court document. Maybe the parents could lie and say they did not give 26 years old grown ass man permission to represent they younger son. But things like this happen all the time all over the world.

Elan, this too is my experience. However, I think Bakes is pointing out that this may be fine when everything is rosy, but when the proverbial s**t hits the fan, you have no protection. As Bakes has pointed out, perhaps it would be wise going forward to get the parents signatures!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Nothing is wrong with the lady and ppl should hold there tongue about the young mans family .
Just watched the vid ,one thing she did say is that she wants Levi is go abroad ,and I think it's that lure and bait by Keyser Sosa that hook them.
Central didn't promise them riches and glory maybe Sosa did.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Agreed. Nothing of the sort manifested.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Garcia has big football dreams.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Garcia comes from a family of three brothers and two sisters and credits his 26 year old brother Daniel for pushing him to success.

I now reading this part... this makes it even harder to justify.  Daniel barely mature enough to be making such a big decision... even if he might be more sophisticated than his parents.  And yes, even in Trinidad, especially if the parents are alive he'd have to be court-appointed.  Of course Central could challenge whatever allyuh like, doesn't mean it will get anywhere.  That same $40,000 USD yuh scoffing at allyuh might end up spending that in legal fees and see no end-product in return.

Correct. It's an overstatement.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Elan, this too is my experience. However, I think Bakes is pointing out that this may be fine when everything is rosy, but when the proverbial s**t hits the fan, you have no protection. As Bakes has pointed out, perhaps it would be wise going forward to get the parents signatures!

And Bakes is correct, you all need to cover alyuh backside going forward.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

FS I don't know why you keep explaining yuhself. It have men here who secretly want to see Central Sharks fail (moreso Sancho).Parents (I have personally seen in the US) give other adults permission to represent their children with out any lawyer or court document. Maybe the parents could lie and say they did not give 26 years old grown ass man permission to represent they younger son. But things like this happen all the time all over the world.

Say it isn't so. I would hope not.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
What seems disturbing to me is: who is really looking out for the best interest of  this young man and others like him?

Who is guiding him to make decisions that would impact his future? Who has  asked him to consider completing school? an athlete's career is sometimes short lived and one injury away from ending. The glory is not a guarantee.

The club has an agenda, agents have agendas and others may be also self seeking but who is truly acting out of the good will for these young players?

If all parties acknowledged that mistakes were made and that blame could be put aside for awhile and focus on what is best for this young man, the process could probably move forward and all would walk away with lessons learned. However  if  opposing parties continue to work in ways for their pound of flesh-a  stalemate will prevail.

The young moves on is released from his contract with the proviso that should he sign a foreign contract and procure employment all said  monies that were paid to him locally be reimbursed and that the local club receive just compensation. If the player does not procure a contract, his local club gets first rights to sign him up with the parents and their adviser in attendance.

The ' finger pointing ' ought to stop and people ought to consider what is best for this young player at this time. Two wrongs eh go make this right. Let's say that one party negotiated in good faith and had all the best intentions= now another opportunity came along and one party wanted a divorce proceedings, what ought to occur so that both parties can  relinquish ties and have an amicable agreement?
IMHO

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:51:25 AM by AB.Trini »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Nothing is wrong with the lady and ppl should hold there tongue about the young mans family .
Just watched the vid ,one thing she did say is that she wants Levi is go abroad ,and I think it's that lure and bait by Keyser Sosa that hook them.
Central didn't promise them riches and glory maybe Sosa did.

100% inaccurate! Central F.C. discussed Levi's career with the family. First, we asked about school and Levi was adamant that he wanted to play professional football. We suggested a year in the Pro League and Caribbean Club Championship would greatly aid his development and allow him to prepare for going overseas. We felt he would secure a place on the National team. We explained all of the pitfalls of moving overseas to the wrong club at so young an age, but agreed that if any serious inquiries came in, we would allow Levi to go on trial if he wished. We wanted to send him to Europe for two weeks to experience overseas professionalism and would also place him with a European club due to visit T&T in July for 10 days. Then we would actively push to move him overseas.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

It is "shocking" and an "overstatement" only if one fails to appreciate the context in which the statement was made.  Were it an absolute statement on legal/mental capacity, then sure it would be a gross overstatement, as is the case with most absolute statements.  However in this particular context you have a 26-year old who has usurped the authority of the natural parents, and by extension, of the minor himself and proceeded to bargain on the minor's behalf.  All of this without authority, or where the authority is in question... his age and level of sophistication will absolutely factor into the rationale when the contract is eventually invalidated.  You don't have to take my word for it.

And btw... the fact that people are mature enough to start families before 25 means very little.  The age of consent in Trinidad is 17 (as it is in many US jurisdictions, where it even dips as low as 16), so a 17-year old is 'mature' enough to have sex and start a family, mature enough to hold a drivers license (in some cases), yet not mature enough to smoke tobacco, drink alcohol or vote in an election.  Point being, it is folly to examine comments in isolation without regard to the context in which they're being made.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

It is "shocking" and an "overstatement" only if one fails to appreciate the context in which the statement was made.  Were it an absolute statement on legal/mental capacity, then sure it would be a gross overstatement, as is the case with most absolute statements.  However in this particular context you have a 26-year old who has usurped the authority of the natural parents, and by extension, of the minor himself and proceeded to bargain on the minor's behalf.  All of this without authority, or where the authority is in question... his age and level of sophistication will absolutely factor into the rationale when the contract is eventually invalidated.  You don't have to take my word for it.

And btw... the fact that people are mature enough to start families before 25 means very little.  The age of consent in Trinidad is 17 (as it is in many US jurisdictions, where it even dips as low as 16), so a 17-year old is 'mature' enough to have sex and start a family, mature enough to hold a drivers license (in some cases), yet not mature enough to smoke tobacco, drink alcohol or vote in an election.  Point being, it is folly to examine comments in isolation without regard to the context in which they're being made.

I have to question your statement: However in this particular context you have a 26-year old who has usurped the authority of the natural parents, and by extension, of the minor himself and proceeded to bargain on the minor's behalf.  All of this without authority, or where the authority is in question  Bakes, the man was nominated and sent by his parents. No one has denied this. The only issue was that there is no legal document appointing him as guardian. He usurped nobody.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
With Winchester, Brent flew over to Tobago several time to meet the Mother, also the same with Daryl Trim. In this instance, the parents felt that Daniel would better understand the contract etc. Obviously, at age 26, Daniel is a mature adult, so if that was the family's option, then we felt we would go along with their wishes. Clearly, from now on, we would insist on a parent. Of course, if that parent can barely write their name, it's actually a huge disadvantage for the minor!

Not at all, in such a situation you just petition the court to appoint a guardian ad litem to act on the behalf of the child, otherwise any club negotiating with an illiterate or barely literate parent would risk the contract similarly being invalidated.  elan says stuff like this happens "all the time" but what he and the public doesn't see is what happens when the parties fall out and the situation ends up in court.  "It happens all the time" hardly ever works as a defense in court.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No money will go to Shiva Boys or Siparia Spurs.

Shiva Boys is a public school... why would/should they get any money??

I have to question your statement: However in this particular context you have a 26-year old who has usurped the authority of the natural parents, and by extension, of the minor himself and proceeded to bargain on the minor's behalf.  All of this without authority, or where the authority is in question  Bakes, the man was nominated and sent by his parents. No one has denied this. The only issue was that there is no legal document appointing him as guardian. He usurped nobody.

Sure, question it all you want.  I wasn't there when whatever was said, but looking on objectively that is what the parents are tacitly claiming.  The legal presumption is on their side, unfortunately for Central F.C. 

Absolutely.  There is nothing wrong with a handshake deal (the proverbial "gentleman's agreement") but that presumes that you're dealing with 'gentlemen.'  Assume nothing, and prepare for the worst.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

It is "shocking" and an "overstatement" only if one fails to appreciate the context in which the statement was made.  Were it an absolute statement on legal/mental capacity, then sure it would be a gross overstatement, as is the case with most absolute statements. However in this particular context you have a 26-year old who has usurped the authority of the natural parents, and by extension, of the minor himself and proceeded to bargain on the minor's behalf.  All of this without authority, or where the authority is in question... his age and level of sophistication will absolutely factor into the rationale when the contract is eventually invalidated.  You don't have to take my word for it.

I won't dwell on your second paragraph (redacted) because it is dedicated to content to which my comment was not addressed. That stated, we both know that "barely mature" is not the applicable standard.

Regarding your comment in bold (and the response to FS' query regarding it ...) ... Seriously?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I won't dwell on your second paragraph (redacted) because it is dedicated to content to which my comment was not addressed. That stated, we both know that "barely mature" is not the applicable standard.

Regarding your comment in bold (and the response to FS' query regarding it ...) ... Seriously?

Since you apparently missed it the first time, I'll redirect you to my earlier comment, I made no reference to any 'applicable standard', so no need to waste any further time going back and forth on that with you.  As for the latter comment, yes "seriously"... not something I need to debate either.  This is precisely how the other side will present the issue to a court, and as I said, they have the benefit of the legal presumption.  The significance of that apparently being lost on you, this means that it will be up to Central FC's lawyers to convince the court that the parents are lying, that Daniel did not have the authority to act as Levi's guardian.  It's a very difficult burden to meet, even under the best of circumstances.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Since you apparently missed it the first time, I'll redirect you to my earlier comment, I made no reference to any 'applicable standard', so no need to waste any further time going back and forth on that with you.  As for the latter comment, yes "seriously"... not something I need to debate either.  This is precisely how the other side will present the issue to a court, and as I said, they have the benefit of the legal presumption.  The significance of that apparently being lost on you, this means that it will be up to Central FC's lawyers to convince the court that the parents are lying, that Daniel did not have the authority to act as Levi's guardian.  It's a very difficult burden to meet, even under the best of circumstances.

That's a 'better' statement than the conclusive one you rendered previously. Hence, my incredulity ...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That's a 'better' statement than the conclusive one you rendered previously. Hence, my incredulity ...

The one I "rendered previously" was already explained here to FS earlier...

Sure, question it all you want.  I wasn't there when whatever was said, but looking on objectively that is what the parents are tacitly claiming.  The legal presumption is on their side, unfortunately for Central F.C. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
work it out folks...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Woulda like to see Aikim Andrews and Kevon Goddard go on trial to, them fellas ok.

So we 2 possible number 10 (Woo Ling and Fortune) drop form?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Woulda like to see Aikim Andrews and Kevon Goddard go on trial to, them fellas ok.

So we 2 possible number 10 (Woo Ling and Fortune) drop form?

Sam, Goddard will get his chance. European clubs just laugh when you tell them a guy is playing school football. It's a children's game over there. These guys must get professional games under their belt. You will see Goddard in our first team squads this year.

Check out how many of England's schoolboy internationals make the top flight. Not many. A superstar at 16 isn't always going to be a quality adult player.

I strongly believe that talented 14 years olds should be in a residential & educational football academy. Maybe then, 16 would be ok to go overseas. But I prefer to send them at around age 18.

How many people here would be willing to send their 16 year old son half way around the world - different climate, customs, food, language - with a guy you have known for 2 weeks?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Thanks, Elan.  However, I do believe that young players (particularly one as talented as Levi) are very capable of playing professional football and represent T&T. My concern is sending players overseas before they are mature enough to deal with the massive changes. Even for kids to move away inside their own country is very disorientating. I have spoken to England internationals who moved from North of England to London at age 16 and nearly gave up because they were homesick. Do not forget that these kids can be bullied or even victims of racism from other kids.   

1]; } ?>