April 19, 2024, 02:39:46 AM

Author Topic: Hart names strong 20-man squad for Caribbean Cup.  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hart names strong 20-man squad for Caribbean Cup.
« on: October 03, 2014, 03:18:27 PM »
Hart names strong 20-man squad for Caribbean Cup.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart today announced his final 20-man squad to contest the semi-final round of the Caribbean Cup which kicks off next Wednesday versus Dominican Republic at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 8:15pm.

Hart will conduct his first training session with the squad on Saturday morning from from 9am at the Larry Gomes Stadium as the team heads into a live-in training camp.

His team is a formidable one with former national under 20 and W Connection defender Alvin Jones being the only relative newcomer while former National under 20 and Under 17 captain Leston Paul makes a return to the team.

Cardiff City forward Kenwyne Jones will captain the team which also includes US-based forward Trevin Caesar, Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino, Slovakia-based winger Lester Peltier, US-based forward Cordell Cato of San Jose Earthquakes. Vietnam-based midfielder Hughtun Hector, Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland of Racing Genk, English-based duo Andre Boucaud and Justin Hoyte. Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau and Joevin Jones of Finnish club HJH Helsinki.

Vancouver Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell and Daneil Cyrus along with fellow defender Yohance Marshall, US-based midfielder Kevan George and Central FC midfielder Ataullah Guerra have also been named in the team while the two goalkeepers are Jan Michael William and Marvin Phillip.

“This is the 20-man squad we’ve decided on and we’ll get things off with a light session on Saturday. It’s good for them to come together again as we haven’t seen each other since the games against Argentina and Iran in June,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“The players appear to be very enthusiastic and the mood is quite good which is what we want heading into the competition. It’s important for us to have the right approach which I am quite confident the team will have because these are all professional players who are very committed to doing what is right for the team and their country,” Hart added.

Back in the 2012 Caribbean Cup finals T&T had to depend on goals from the late Kevon Carter and Molino to overcome Dominican Republic 2-1, a win that secured T&T’s 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup place. 

The Dominican Republic outfit this year includes three players based in Spain attached the reserve teams of teams in the Spanish La Liga. Forward Mariano is attached to the Real Madrid B team.

Cayetano 'Tano' Bartolomé Bonnín Vásquez, a 24-year-old centerback plays for Villarreal CF B which is the reserve team of Villarreal CF and plays in Segunda División B. Forward Edipo Rodriguez plays for Club Deportivo Numancia de Soria B, S.A.D. a Spanish sports club from Soria. They also have a player in midfielder Samuel Zayas who plays for Swiss First Division club Grenchen. 

Their most notable player on the international stage is Jonathan Fana, formerly of W Connection who has 18 goals in 28 matches for his national team.

T&T will also face St Lucia on October 10th at 8:15pm and Antigua/Barbuda on Sunday October 12th at 6:15pm. Wednesday’s opening match will feature St Lucia and Antigua/Barbuda from 6pm. They are vying for a qualifying spot in the Caribbean Cup Finals which takes place in Montego Bay in November. Admission for the games is $100 (covered) and $60 (uncovered).

T&T 20-man Squad

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre).

Defenders

Yohance Marshall, Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps), Daneil Cyrus (Ha Noi T&T), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Justin Hoyte (Millwall), Joevin Jones (HJK Helsinki).

Midfielders

Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Kevan George (Columbus Crew),
Ataullah Guerra (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes), Hughtun Hector (Hanoi T&T), Kevin Molino (Orlando City).

Forwards

Kenwyne Jones (capt) (Cardiff City), Trevin Caesar (San Antonio Scorpions).

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:25:39 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Hart names strong 20-man squad for Caribbean Cup.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »
What kind of fitness is Yohance Marshall, Ataullah Guerra and Marvin Phillip in?

You mean not even one Under 20 player on this team?

Anyhow, me eh de coach.

Khaleem Hyland I get to dislike, he game for T&T drop, but I know he can ball.

Glad to see Alvin Jones and Crodell Cato there. De rest of de team decent to.

Good luck Hartie.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »
no abu and hoyte?

but i like the team, happy to see hector and cyrus back in, they will add value :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 08:51:08 PM »
What kind of fitness is Yohance Marshall, Ataullah Guerra and Marvin Phillip in?

You mean not even one Under 20 player on this team?

Anyhow, me eh de coach.

Khaleem Hyland I get to dislike, he game for T&T drop, but I know he can ball.

Glad to see Alvin Jones and Crodell Cato there. De rest of de team decent to.

Good luck Hartie.

they playing school football
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 05:44:28 AM »
This team is almost flawless in terms of the best quality selection that we could make at this time.
It is so good that not even Primus could make the side.
Of course Primus got injured and there is no report if him having gotten match time and fitness
Additionally I could see why Shahdon Winchester and Aubrey David got dropped. Cyah beat the other choices.
One thing about BraveHart, he selects quality that must be fit, as an unfit "quality player" is a waste if time.
Almost every player selected has been playing top level (non reserve) ball for a full 90 minutes and brimming with confidence and speed
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 07:18:31 AM »
This team is almost flawless in terms of the best quality selection that we could make at this time.
Of course Primus got injured and there is no report if him having gotten match time and fitness
Additionally I could see why Shahdon Winchester and Aubrey David got dropped. Cyah beat the other choices.
One thing about BraveHart, he selects quality that must be fit, as an unfit "quality player" is a waste if time.
Almost every player selected has been playing top level (non reserve) ball for a full 90 minutes and brimming with confidence and speed

Defenders

Yohance Marshall, Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps), Daneil Cyrus (Ha Noi T&T), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Justin Hoyte (Millwall), Joevin Jones (HJK Helsinki).
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 07:24:12 AM »
This is a very good squad. It doesn’t get stronger than this for T&T. Glad to see Cato finally getting a run. His incredible speed will be an asset with a striker like Jones playing alone upfront and Peltier on the other side of the field.

Our depth at striker is worrying as Jones is the only proven scorer we have (no offense to Caesar) and all other candidates for the job are guys that are in and out of the team and really not bring much proven ability. For this reason I’d like to see Shahdon Winchester start to get some experience with the national team. He needs to get a 20 minutes off the bench to start to get some international experience under his belt. He is scoring for his club and although I’m personally not fond of short strikers, he has good speed and improved strength along with surprisingly good ability in the air considering his height.

Should Jones go down with an injury we will be in trouble upfront and really need to start looking at finding some young quality strikers to takeover from Jones. 

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 07:53:47 AM »
Good highlight Firebrand. Notice the word "almost" frequently used.
BraveHart seems to be aware that the games are packed so tightly that we could risk injury to prized players.
Hence probably this deep bench of players will get switched from game to game and he will likely get a look at everybody as we try to prepare for CONCACAF, should we get thru with CFU.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 08:48:21 AM »
I like this squad alot ! Good quality in depth too.

I would like to think this crop should get past the 3 teams in our group but we all know you have to do the job on the day but looking forward to seeing this crop of players get the ball down on the floor and keep it moving and take their chances.

I would go 4-2-3-1

----------------------------------Jan--------------------------------

----Hoyte-------------Mitchell-------------Bateau--------------J.Jones

-------------------------Hyland---------Boucaud
----------Peltier-----------------Guerra-----------------Molino

---------------------------------K.Jones------------------------------

I would like to see Hector get some minutes too. He can play CM/CAM/LAM/RAM

Doubt Marshall is that fit and lacking match sharpness. Otherwise I would have started with him and Mitchell.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »
Why 20 and not 22.

Bring in Kadeem Corbin and Levi Garcia.

:D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 10:32:43 AM »
Sorry not to see shahdon winchester in the mix
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »
Sheldon Bateau scored the equalizing goal for Mechelen in the 89th min in a 1-1 draw with Mouscron.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »
Why 20 and not 22.

They have decided to leave the country next week. Garcia was originally in Harts plans, not necessarily for the final 20, but to train with the squad, but this changed when he went back to school football. Hart made reference to this in his press conference, though didn't identify any individuals.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 05:37:56 AM »
Nice team Mr Hart and good luck to you and the guys.

However, please don't use the excuse of not picking any under 20 players on your team because they choose to go back and play in the SSFL.

There players need to be around the senior team and they are also connected to Pro clubs, give them the chance to improve and to be around better players and maybe you decide from there.

Yorke and many other T&T players played or trained with T&T while still playing in the SSFL and while the league was better in those days, this is what we have to choose from now, same with the T&T Pro League, which we did not have one, maybe that is why the SSFL was better cause it was our Pro League in the 80s.

Sometimes, we to quick to despatch played when we should be more of a father figure.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »
This is a very good squad. It doesn’t get stronger than this for T&T. Glad to see Cato finally getting a run. His incredible speed will be an asset with a striker like Jones playing alone upfront and Peltier on the other side of the field.

Our depth at striker is worrying as Jones is the only proven scorer we have (no offense to Caesar) and all other candidates for the job are guys that are in and out of the team and really not bring much proven ability. For this reason I’d like to see Shahdon Winchester start to get some experience with the national team. He needs to get a 20 minutes off the bench to start to get some international experience under his belt. He is scoring for his club and although I’m personally not fond of short strikers, he has good speed and improved strength along with surprisingly good ability in the air considering his height.

I expect Molino to fill some of that void.  Top scorer in USL this season is not a bad feat.

Should Jones go down with an injury we will be in trouble upfront and really need to start looking at finding some young quality strikers to takeover from Jones. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:38:55 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 09:51:18 AM »

I expect Molino to fill some of that void.  Top scorer in USL this season is not a bad feat.

It's especially frustrating because it wasn't very long ago that we had too many decent players vying for striker. Man like Scotty and Sealy and Darrel Roberts was getting left out in the cold. Them men woulda probably walk into the team these days.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »
Just maybe just maybe- the days of a LONE striker for TnT is not there. Just maybe  a coach could put a system in place that sees a disperse attack from where we could produce goals rather that  creating a system for a lone striker to be the main attacker.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 10:23:39 AM »
They could bring back Jamal Gay!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 10:29:40 AM »
In this team, ALMOST the whole defense, MOST of the midfield and definitely all the strikers (who are somewhat hidden being labelled as midfielders) are a scoring threat. Lots of aerial power and lots of good two footed shooters who can pull the trigger with good technique even from long range. Ah want to see a goal feast against these fresh-up, johnny-come-lately islanders and make them fear T&T again. Expect good quality crosses from the left from Hector and from the right from Peltier and the floating Molino, Caesar and Cato. Expect BraveHart to realize that Molino will be pushed up further than we did with Latas to cause pure havoc in the box, pulling attention way from Jones. Double #10 threat with Molino and Guerra on at the same time. Presshah!!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:42:49 AM by dreamer »

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 10:30:59 AM »
is there a broadcast for these games?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 11:33:20 AM »

the answer you are seeking is guerra, who plays a withdrawn role behind jones, god forbid you push guerra and drop hector behind him.. yes hector... that is the solution to your problem...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 11:34:44 AM »
I like this squad alot ! Good quality in depth too.

I would like to think this crop should get past the 3 teams in our group but we all know you have to do the job on the day but looking forward to seeing this crop of players get the ball down on the floor and keep it moving and take their chances.

I would go 4-2-3-1

----------------------------------Jan--------------------------------

----Hoyte-------------Mitchell-------------Bateau--------------J.Jones

-------------------------Hyland---------Boucaud
----------Peltier-----------------Guerra-----------------Molino

---------------------------------K.Jones------------------------------

I would like to see Hector get some minutes too. He can play CM/CAM/LAM/RAM

Doubt Marshall is that fit and lacking match sharpness. Otherwise I would have started with him and Mitchell.

breds you're willing to risk our left flank with j jones... cyrus owns that spot now that he back... jones not in the same caliber as cyrus...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »
Why 20 and not 22.

They have decided to leave the country next week. Garcia was originally in Harts plans, not necessarily for the final 20, but to train with the squad, but this changed when he went back to school football. Hart made reference to this in his press conference, though didn't identify any individuals.

hartie is right... you take a step back and it disqualifies you from big man football..period...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 11:39:04 AM »

It's especially frustrating because it wasn't very long ago that we had too many decent players vying for striker. Man like Scotty and Sealy and Darrel Roberts was getting left out in the cold. Them men woulda probably walk into the team these days.

the days of walking into the team are over these days...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 11:43:21 AM »
my team:

Phillip (hopefully mentally he has recovered from the tragedy)

Hoyte                Mitchell                    Cyrus

Bateau

Hyland(still not convinced)/ Hector should be the link... not a tradtional role for him as HM, but worth a try

Molino                Boucard                 Peltier

Guerra

Jones

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »
Forgot to state this: welcome back, Leston!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 06:24:37 PM »
Captain Kenwyne Jones looks ahead to the second round of the Caribbean Cup

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MVTSQcQzoqI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MVTSQcQzoqI</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 09:19:52 PM »
play de fitball...tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 04:44:30 AM »
Meh boy Hart lose some seriors weight, he looking good.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »

Defenders

Yohance has been training with clubs in the Pro League for months, so his fitness is good. I'd hazard a guess that his excellent performance against Argentina meant he made this squad :)

1]; } ?>