15 (35.7%)
Brent Sancho
0 (0%)
David-John Williams
0 (0%)
Foreign Investor
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: TTFA News Thread.  (Read 117154 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA News Thread.
« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2019, 10:08:08 AM »
Decisions taken at TTFA Board Meeting.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association Board met in a marathon session of nine hours yesterday, Saturday 14 December 2019, at its offices at Ato Boldon Stadium under the Chairmanship of newly elected President William Wallace.

Along with the four newly elected Officers, the meeting was attended by eight (8.) of twelve (12) TTFA member delegates:

. Central FA
. Eastern FA
. Northern FA
. Southern FA
. TT Pro League
. TT Referees Association
. TT Super League
. WOLF

Eastern Counties Football Union, Tobago FA, VFOTT are still to elect their delegates.

The following are the decisions taken:

1. The proposal submitted by former General Secretary Camara David for a mutual termination of his services was accepted. Ramesh Ramdhan was appointed as his replacement, with immediate effect.

2. The services of Dennis Lawrence as Senior Men’s National Team head coach were terminated with immediate effect following a majority decision by the board. Immediately following the decision of the board, President Wallace contacted Mr Lawrence via telephone to inform him of the decision and wished him well in his personal and professional life while also thanking him for his services to the Senior Men’s Team. The TTFA  President and Lawrence’s representative(s) will meet to discuss the terms of separation. Lawrence’s replacement will be announced shortly.

3. The Emergency Committee was appointed for a four year term, 2019 to 2023. Chairpersons and/or members were appointed to six (6) other Committees, including Club Licensing, Competitions, Finance, Legal, Player Status, Sports Medicine.

4. The Technical Committee was appointed under the Chairmanship of Keith Look Loy. This committee will supervise a new technical and management structure for TTFA national teams and technical programmes. (See attached). A North American scouting programme under the supervision of the Technical Committee was also approved.

5. The Technical Committee will review the structure, personnel and finances of the Elite Youth Programme and make recommendations to the Board in January 2010.

6. Discussions on the Technical Staffs for the Women’s Under 20 and Under 17  Teams continued and decisions will be disclosed in due course ahead of the  CONCACAF Women’s Championships in February and March 2020 respectively.

7. TTFA will not sanction the League of Champions created by the previous administration as it includes a majority of clubs that are suspended by the TTFA’s General Meeting and/or their league.

8. The T-League Commission will be revisited as part of the general move towards the formation of a new TTFA elite league in 2010.

9. The services of an engineer will be secured to provide a comprehensive report on the Home of Football, which remain closed to the public while several approvals, including Fire Service and the Certificate of Completion remain outstanding.

10. The Sheldon Phillips legal matter will be immediately withdrawn from the Industrial Court and an out of court settlement agreed with Phillips.

11. Shaka Hislop was appointed TTFA Ambassador. Additional Ambassadors will be appointed in approaching months.

RELATED NEWS

“Tallest” fired as head coach.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

DENNIS “TALLEST” Lawrence has been fired as head coach of T&T's senior men’s national football team with immediate effect.

According to a media release from the TT Football Association (TTFA) on Sunday, “The services of Lawrence as national team coach were terminated with immediate effect following a majority decision by the board.”

The TTFA had a nine-hour board meeting on Saturday at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva with its elected officers (president William Wallace, vice-presidents Clynt Taylor, Susan Warrick and Joseph Sam Phillip) and eight of 12 member delegates from Central FA, Eastern FA, Northern FA, Southern FA, TT Pro League, TT Referees Association, TT Super League and Women’s League Football (WoLF).

The media release noted, “Immediately following the decision of the board, Wallace contacted Lawrence via telephone to inform him of the decision and wished him well in his personal and professional life, while also thanking him for his services to the men’s team.

“The TTFA president and Lawrence’s representative(s) will meet to discuss the terms of separation,” the release continued.

“Lawrence’s replacement will be announced shortly.”

The 45-year-old Lawrence has endured a heavily-criticised stint as coach, since he was appointed in January 2017.

He only guided the team to six victories since replacing Belgian Tom Saintfiet.

And former TTFA president David John-Williams, in a Newsday interview last month, said, “Unfortunately, we live in a society of instant gratification and (are) results-oriented. And we live in a society where we see in the English Premiership, where a man loses five games and they buss he throat.

“Because in the morning, you know what? I could go and pick up a coach in the morning. And that same coach who get he throat buss could go to a next team and get nine wins on a trot. But we don’t live in a country where we could pick up a men’s national team coach like that.

“We don’t have the money to fire Dennis Lawrence in the morning.”

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:54:22 AM by Flex »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2019, 10:33:22 AM »
1. Please re-read the releases before publication, TTFA. There have been errors in 2 of the last 3 and less than 5 have been released. Make that happen.

2. Ramdhan? I can see that. Congrats to Ramdhan! One of your colleagues (Marco Antonio Rodriguez) became a coach, you can serve football as a GS.

3. A "majority decision" to remove DL? In other words it wasn't unanimous? Who could possibly be blinkered despite the evidence?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 10:45:27 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2019, 10:53:30 AM »
Welcomed news.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2019, 12:03:40 PM »
1. Please re-read the releases before publication, TTFA. There have been errors in 2 of the last 3 and less than 5 have been released. Make that happen.

2. Ramdhan? I can see that. Congrats to Ramdhan! One of your colleagues (Marco Antonio Rodriguez) became a coach, you can serve football as a GS.

3. A "majority decision" to remove DL? In other words it wasn't unanimous? Who could possibly be blinkered despite the evidence?

frienism and famleeism, is ah trini ting, how are you at facing down yuh real pardnahs and dem, even if yuh know it right ???, how much yuh want to bet dat minority eh base dey decision on nutten tangible or sound in DL favor......."dais my fren" is serious currency in dese parts
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 12:05:25 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2019, 03:47:27 PM »

1 abstention out of 12, I'll live with that
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2019, 03:57:53 PM »

1 abstention out of 12, I'll live with that

Agreed.

Now that it's known that there was an abstention, it eh hard to determine who would have been a candidate for abstaining.

It's "better" that 'majority' did not signify a different composition of the vote (one with some directors voting against the dismissal).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:15:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2019, 04:07:09 PM »

frienism and famleeism, is ah trini ting, how are you at facing down yuh real pardnahs and dem, even if yuh know it right ???, how much yuh want to bet dat minority eh base dey decision on nutten tangible or sound in DL favor......."dais my fren" is serious currency in dese parts

Can’t escape that in trini brother, sadly...

But good news nonetheless, ramdhan in there is also good news..

Best news is DL gone

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2019, 04:20:10 PM »

Abstaining is a crafty tool and it's a particularly useful protective tool given that there should be documented minutes of the meeting.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:24:35 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #458 on: December 15, 2019, 05:28:04 PM »

Abstaining is a crafty tool and it's a particularly useful protective tool given that there should be documented minutes of the meeting.

But it also exposes that person internally and maybe externally depending on the leakage of info

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »

exactly
I pity the fool....

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 16, 2019, 04:43:49 AM »

From what i read from lasana the abstention was due to #12 being absent. Supposedly abroad

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 16, 2019, 04:59:07 AM »

From what i read from lasana the abstention was due to #12 being absent. Supposedly abroad

:beermug:

There were 12 directors present. That person wasn't included in the count.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 20, 2019, 04:25:10 PM »
King Selected as Men's Team Assistant Coach
TTFA Communications

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is today pleased to announce Derek King as the National Senior Men’s team Assistant Coach. He will serve under new head coach Terry Fenwick on a two-year span.

King had been serving as assistant coach to Stephen Hart at Canadian Premier League club Halifax Wanderers but has been released by the club in order to take up his duties  with the TTFA.

King has been chosen by Fenwick  and the TTFA board will  ratify his selection at its next meeting in early January following the normal protocol of a coach selecting his staff.

King is a former national senior team defender and served as Assistant Coach of the senior team at the 2013 and 2015 Concacaf Gold Cups as well as up to the early stages of the Concacaf final round of World Cup qualifying for the 2018 Finals. He is also a former National Under 20 Men’s team head coach, guiding the team to the Caribbean title in 2014 and through to the Concacaf final championship.

“I am humbled and honoured to have been selected  by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association to serve as assistant coach of the senior men’s team and also grateful to head coach Terry Fenwick for this opportunity to work under him,” King told TTFA Media.

“I’ve known Terry for a number of years and I believe we will have the right combination fit as it relates to preparing our men’s team to take on the tasks that are ahead of us. I am truly looking forward to serving the country and the national team once again as we aim to get the country back on track.  I think our first task  is to  ensure we  qualify for the Gold Cup, “King added.

“I also  really want to thank Halifax Wanderers, Stephen Hart, president Derek Martin, VP Matt Fegan and the wonderful people of Halifax for embracing me during my time at the club as I felt at home there. And now I’m further grateful to them for  giving me their blessings to return to the Trinidad and Tobago team,” King said.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 04:27:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA to launch Talent Identification Programme
« Reply #463 on: December 23, 2019, 07:01:50 PM »
TTFA to launch Talent Identification Programme
TTFA Media

The newly appointed Technical Committee of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is in the process of establishing the TTFA Talent Identification Programme (TTIP)

The Objectives of this Programme are as follows:

1. To ensure maximum opportunity for players of all ages and both genders throughout the country to be seen in their own environment.
2. To provide national coaches at every level with the best available talent for coaching.
3. To provide age group talent for the Development Centre to be established in each Regional Association.

The Technical Committee has requested that each Regional Association and Women’s League Football (WOLF) identify and nominate a panel of talent scouts that will be responsible for the screening and identification of talented youth players within the area of its jurisdiction. The nomination process is expected to be completed by January 20th after which a training seminar will be organised.

Chairman of TTFA’s Technical Committee Keith Look Loy elaborated on the Talent Identification Programme, saying it is critical towards long term progress of T&T’s football. A similar programme (Talent Identification and Player Pool Programme, TIPP) has been established by TTFA in North America.

“The local Talent Identification Programme will provide every young player who wishes to be seen the opportunity to be seen in every nook and cranny of Trinidad and Tobago.

“It will be the first step in our young players pathway to elite, national and international football. Additionally, there are an estimated 325k Trinbagonians living in North America. When we drill down into the second and third generations our population is trebled. And so too our player pool.

The Mission of TIPP is “To identify players with the potential to play for our youth national teams and to unite the best Trinbagonian youth players in North America with the TTFA.”

Talent Identification Managers will assess the top players from different clubs and markets in different combinations, cross referencing top talents across North America. ID Camps will be conducted with a particular focus to ensure the staff sees the widest variety of talent in different contexts agreed upon by the TTFA and staff.

“The creation of an integrated TTFA Talent Identification System at home and overseas is one step, but a critical one, in the long term progress of our football,” Look Loy told TTFA Media.

Plans are afoot to expand the TTFA scouting network to the United Kingdom.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 24, 2019, 05:33:02 PM »
TTFA invites applicants for positions of Technical Director, Men’s U-17, U-15 Head Coach
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is inviting individuals to apply for the positions of Technical Director of the FA, Men’s National Under 17 Head Coach  and Men’s Under 15 Head Coach as well as Goalkeeper coach.

Applicants can visit the FA’s official website at www.TTfootball.org and access the job descriptions on the TTFA Vacancies Tab at the top of the homepage. All applicants are encouraged to send their applications via email to technical@ttfafootball.org by January 3rd, 2020.

The roles and responsibilities of the Technical Director of the TTFA are as follows –

The Technical Director is responsible for providing both technical and administrative support via technical programming, including coach development and education, player evaluations, development and try-outs, team training, academies and camps. This may include:
1. To lead and manage the TTFA Technical Department
2. To Prepare the budget for said Department
3. To supervise the performance of all Technical Staff within said Department
4. To manage the daily operations of the TTFA Academy
5. To manage the TTFA development programmes
6. To report directly to the TTFA Technical Committee
7. To perform other non-coaching technical tasks as directed by the TTFA Technical Committee.

The U-17 and U-15 Coach’s responsibilities include leading training sessions, providing motivation and advice during gameplay, developing game plans, attending tryouts, as well as scheduling team meetings. Should be able to identify the individual abilities of each player and provide one-to-one coaching wherever required.
1. To be a member of the Association’s Technical Department
2. To lead and manage a Men’s National Team, including its player personnel and technical staff
3. To select the player personnel of said National Team
4. To develop and implement the training programme of said national Team and to submit said programme to the Association’s Technical Director and Technical Committee
5. To report on the implementation of said programme to the Association’s Technical Director, and Technical Committee, including the performance of player personnel and technical staff
6. To assist in the training of programmes of other National Teams, and to perform other technical assignments, as directed by the Association’s Technical Committee

Goalkeeper Coach
1. To assist the Head Coach of the relevant national team in the development and implementation of a training programme for the team’s goalkeepers;
2. To assist the Association’s Technical Director, as necessary, in the development and implementation of a training programme for goalkeeper coaches;
3. To assist the Association’s Technical Director in the development and implementation of a scouting programme for goalkeeping talent and to recommend such talent to the Technical Director;
4. To perform such other technical duties as may be assigned by the Association’s Technical Director and Technical Committee.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 28, 2019, 07:08:05 AM »
They didn't keep on Ross Russell Sr. as GK coach then?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 03, 2020, 05:57:31 AM »
They didn't keep on Ross Russell Sr. as GK coach then?

His position appears to be among those that the federation has been receiving applications to fill. "Appears" because it's unclear who has applied for what role.

Ideally there should be a cadre of goalkeeping coaches in the national team structure (talent ID, formation and development, consolidation) from the youngest category to senior team.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 06:09:42 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 16, 2020, 08:44:39 AM »
TTFA announces series of technical appointments
TTFA Media

Following a meeting of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association Board of Directors at the FA’s headquarters in Couva on Wednesday evening, the TTFA is pleased to announce a series of appointments that were confirmed for its various national teams and technical department.

Other appointments for the Men’s Senior Team under head coach Terry Fenwick and Assistant coach Derek King are as follows –

Kelvin Jack – Assistant Coach/Goalkeeper Coach
Oswin Birchwood – Trainer/Physio
Michael Williams – Equipment Manager
Captain Basil Thompson – Team Manager

Men’s Under 20 Team

Derek King – Head Coach
Angus Eve – Assistant Coach
Stern John – Assistant Coach
Ross Russell – Goalkeeper Coach
Trey Hart – Trainer
Aaron Pollard – Team Manager

Men’s Under 17 Team

Wesley Webb – Team Manager
(Other positions to be filled)

Boys Under 15 Team

Keith Jeffrey – Head Coach
Clayton Morris – Assistant Coach
Wayne Sheppard – Assistant Coach
Jefferson George – Goalkeeper Coach
Dexter Demas – Team Manager

Women’s Under 17

Nadia James – Manager
Richard Hood – Head Coach (previously announced)

Women’s Under 15

Jason Spence – Head Coach
Dernelle Mascall – Assistant Coach
Joel Warrick – Assistant Coach
Trevor Nottingham – Goalkeeper Coach
Simone Edwards – Team Manager

National Teams Director – Richard Piper
Women’s Football Director – Jinelle James
Club Licensing and Compliance Director – Norris Ferguson
Head of Goalkeeping – Kelvin Jack
Technical Director – Dion La Foucade

TTFA President William Wallace expressed satisfaction with the process that preceded the various appointments.

“It was a very long process. It was a very democratic process. The Technical Committee would have brought forward their recommendations to the board and the board is now deciding whether we go with those recommendations or not,” Wallace told TTFA Media during a break in the meeting on Wednesday night.

“Generally everyone sitting in that room is more or less involved in that process. Their concern of course is for us to do better on the field of play so at the end of the day when we leave that room I hope we will have the best persons on board to be able to take us forward in terms of our football.”

“There have been appointments formalised so far. It’s a matter of re-organising, For instance earlier today I met with one of the assistant coaches of the men’s senior team. He understood clearly that as a new coach coming in that this coach will want to bring persons in who he is comfortable working with. We sat and had a very good conversation. Of course he has a contract and we have to be able to work that out going forward.

“In some other instances there are also some contractual arrangements with persons at the lower levels. Those too will have to be dealt with going forward. But in many of the cases were able to retain some of those persons and based on the plans we have going forward in terms of our technical approach where we want to have the zones involved we are hoping we can absorb some of those persons there,” Wallace continued.

Keith Look Loy, chairman of the TTFA’s Technical Committee echoed similar sentiments and expanded on the developments.

“We are in the middle of getting it done. We have approved an entire technical staff for the men’s senior team and some of our men and women youth teams. We have approved a Director for each of the national teams department, we have approved a director for the women’s teams department which is Jinelle James, Richard Piper for the men’s national teams department and Norris Ferguson as club licensing director as well as Dion La Foucade as the Technical Director.

“Well we have always said on coming into office that we are not on a witch-hunt… that it is not a natural cause of action that some who served under the David John Williams administration would not find a place under the umbrella of the new administration. So we have kept Stern John as one of the assistant coaches of the Men’s Under 20 team along with Angus Eve to head coach Derek King, and Wesley Webb as the manager of the Men’s Under 17 team. As I said, we are looking at each person on an individual basis trying to properly judge their merits and what they can contribute to the programs and we are making decisions on that basis,” Look Loy stated.

Short-Term Contracts
“The decision of the board which is a wise one and it is a proposal of the technical committee is that we give short-term contracts. What I mean by that is we give people a contract for the period of preparations to the end of their tournaments. For example, the under 15 boys and girls team play in August… the contract for the staff is until the end of August. The Women under 20 and 17 teams play in February and March respectively and the contracts are to the end of those tournaments. Then at the end we sit with the staffs, we sit as a committee, we sit as a board and we assess and make decisions. Do we go forward with this staff or with this coach or do we replace anyone at all ? That’s the way we will proceed. If we do look to renew people then we will usefully discuss renewing them for a full cycle which in terms of youth football is two years.

Project 2026

“Project 2026 was unanimously approved. The idea here is to give a level of international experience to the young men who were in the last Under 20 team. They are now going to be 21 and the current under 20 team, they are now 19.. so an age band of 19 to 21-year olds and heading into 2026 to form from that core group a new national team. The year 2026 is going to be the first 48-team FIFA World Cup in Canada, USA and Mexico, Concacaf is going to have six places and we think it judicious to begin preparing a hard core now. We want to groom them. They have weigh stations along the way. We have the CAC Games of 2021 the 2022 Pan American Games, we have the Olympic Games to come beyond 2024.

“When we blood them like this yes in 2026 we may have the outstanding 18-year-old, we may have the outstanding 32-year-old but the core of that 2026 World Cup team is going to be those boys who are now 19 to 21-years old. We are going to form a team under that age band. We are going to put them under the supervision under Terry Fenwick and his senior men’s national team staff and we are going to go forward with that.

Kelvin Jack appointed head of goalkeeping
“Kelvin Jack is going to be returning these shore and he is going to be performing a three-fold role. He is going to be an assistant coach in the men’s senior team, he holds a UEFA B license. He is going to be the goalkeeper coach, he holds a UEFA A goalkeeping license. And he is also going to be head of goalkeeping. We are going to introduce a goalkeeping programme that deals with goalkeeping, goalkeeper coaching and goalkeeper coach instruction from grassroots level right up to the tip of the triangle which is the senior men’s team,” Look Loy explained.

International Friendlies to be finalised for March window
“We have had several offers from Asian, Europe and from South and Central America. We are looking at the quality of the opponents and quite frankly we are also looking at the match fees that we can get because the TTFA needs to make money and the senior men’s national team is the flagship and it could generate finance for the TTFA. It can pay for the player fees and so on. We do not want to duplicate the experience of players past administrations where they played, match fees were paid and the players were not paid. We want to be careful with that and ensure that the first persons to be paid from match fees are players and staff.

“We are close to finalising a couple matches. These are going to be respectable opponents. We have to do well against them and then in the third window then look for higher level opponents that will bring a bigger match fee. The second window of course is dedicated to the CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup playoffs,” Look Loy said.

WATCH: TTFA President William Wallace on latest technical appointments

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/D_mVOwxH8eA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/D_mVOwxH8eA</a>

WATCH: Chairman of the TTFA Technical Committee Keith Look Loy on latest technical appointments

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZSy6ATtlx84" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZSy6ATtlx84</a>
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:49:08 AM by Tallman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 16, 2020, 11:52:58 AM »
Will Sherwood be in the mix?  :thinking:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 16, 2020, 04:57:28 PM »
WOW !!!!!!

Big big staff....

And what about the Senior Women team?

Sherwood is play a role too.

But ah like what ah seeing here.

Waldrum - women head coach
Maylee - assistant
Sandra Baron - goalkeeper coach

Sheldon Phillips - General Sectary

Look Loy and Wallace doing very good so far.

Where they getting de money, ah hope with all this staff we have money left ova to play games and train teams.

:rotfl:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Taylor is new Chairman of TTFA’s Referees Committee
« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2020, 08:35:03 AM »
Taylor is new Chairman of TTFA’s Referees Committee
TTFA Media

Joseph Taylor is the new Chairman of the Referees Committee of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association. Taylor will now step down as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association (TTFRA).

The appointed committee will meet to consider the application from thirty-four applicants who applied for the post of TTFA’s Head of  Referees Department (HORD) next week

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2020, 10:42:17 AM »
Eve, Jack, Jeffrey and La Foucade are in, but no room for Cooper as TTFA appoints coaches.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) made over two dozen technical appointments in a marathon meeting last night with Dion La Foucade, Angus Eve and Kelvin Jack among the new inclusions into the national pool.

However, technical committee chairman Keith Look Loy did not have things all his way, as board members successfully reversed the committee’s choice for the position of Boys National Under-15 head coach.

The committee recommended Presentation College (San Fernando) and QPCC head coach Shawn Cooper to lead the staff for that age group. Instead, the board opted for San Juan Jabloteh technical director Keith Jeffrey.

TTFA president William Wallace described the meeting, which lasted over six hours, as ‘very democratic’.

The board members present last night were: Wallace (president), Clynt Taylor, Sam Phillip (vice-presidents), Rayshawn Mars (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Joseph Taylor (Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association), Jamilya Mohammed (Women’s League Football), Brent Sancho (TT Pro League), Dwayne Thomas (Central Football Association), Look Loy (TTSL), Keon Edwards (Eastern FA), Phillip Fraser (SSFL) and Desmond Alfred (Tobago).

TTFA vice-president Susan Joseph-Warrick was absent, while the Eastern Counties Football Union and Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago are yet to make proper representation to the board.

Alfred became the TTFA’s 14th board member after the Tobago Football Association (TFA) held its elections earlier this month. Former National Senior Team defender Makan Hislop, who represents Bethel United in the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) competition, is the new TFA president.

Men’s National Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick was finally provided with his staff, which now includes assistant coaches Derek King and Kelvin Jack along with manager Captain Basil Thompson, equipment manager Michael Williams and trainer Oswin Birchwood. Jack will double as goalkeeper coach.

King was also confirmed as National Under-20 head coach with Angus Eve and Stern John as his assistants and Ross Russell as goalkeeper coach, Trey Hart as trainer and Aaron Pollard as manager.

Jeffrey heads the National Under-15 programme assisted by Clayton ‘JB’ Morris and Wayne Sheppard with Jefferson George as goalkeeper coach and Dexter Demas as team manager.

Look Loy presented the technical committee’s wish-list for the various coaching positions yesterday evening, only to immediately face pushback from his board colleagues, who demanded a shortlist for all positions so they could ‘be better informed’ before making any appointments.

So the Board members perused the applications for the technical director position, which had La Foucade and Serb Zoran Vranes at the top of the pile. La Foucade, who was the nominee from the technical committee, was appointed unanimously.

Wallace, who chaired the meeting, urged members to appreciate the work done by the committee in making its choice and pointed out that it would be too time-consuming to dissect over 500 CVs. The point was accepted by the board.

But, when it came to the National Under-15 Team staff, one member, TTFRA president Taylor, had a suggestion: why not Jeffrey?

Cooper, the only Trinidad and Tobago coach to defeat Costa Rica in a competitive affair, took the National Under-17 Team to the Concacaf quarterfinal round in 2011 and 2013 and led Presentation College (San Fernando) to the National Intercol title just last month.

But the board felt Jeffrey—whose Jabloteh team often dominate the Youth Pro League (YPL) competition—deserved a shot, and he won a split vote for the job.

On the last occasion that the board overruled the technical committee, Dennis Lawrence was appointed head coach; and Look Loy’s predecessor, Dexter Skeene, promptly resigned along with half of the committee. But Look Loy said there would be no such fall-out.

“That is the prerogative of the board,” said Look Loy. “The technical committee is an advisory committee and only makes recommendations … So the board exercised its right under the constitution and we move ahead with that.”

The aftershocks of the National Under-15 adjustment meant that a final decision could not be taken on the Under-17 staff last night. The technical committee proposed  Eve as head coach with Cooper and Clyde Leon as his assistants. However, Jeffrey’s appointment meant that to fit into the new format of linkages between teams, he was automatically selected as one of Eve’s two assistants.

The board, by way of compromise, suggested that Cooper remain as Eve’s second assistant ahead of Leon. Eve was said to be happy with the retention of Leon for the sake of continuity. However, the Naparima College head coach does not have an issue with working alongside his Presentation rival.

Look Loy is expected to finalise the Under-17 positions shortly.

John, Russell, Williams and Pollard were all retained from the previous administration, although John—Trinidad and Tobago’s record goalscorer—went from Under-17 head coach to Under-20 assistant.

“We have always said on coming into office that we are not on a witch hunt,” Look Loy told the TTFA Media. “[…] So we have kept Stern John as one of the assistant coaches of the Men’s Under-20 team […] and Wesley Webb as the manager of the Men’s Under-17 Team.

“As I said, we are looking at each person on an individual basis, trying to properly judge their merits and what they can contribute to the programs. And we are making decisions on that basis.”

There was no room though for former Men’s National Senior Team assistant coach and Under-15 head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier, who must now be paid off for his contract. Wallace hinted that Fenwick did not feel Charles-Fevrier would be compatible with his staff.

“Earlier today, I met with one of the assistant coaches of the Men’s Senior Team,” said Wallace. “He understood clearly that as a new coach coming in, that this coach will want to bring persons in who he is comfortable working with. We sat and had a very good conversation.

“Of course he has a contract and we have to be able to work that out going forward. In some other instances, there are also some contractual arrangements with persons at the lower levels. Those, too, will have to be dealt with going forward.”

On the women’s side, Jason Spence was appointed Women’s National Under-15 Team head coach with Dernelle Mascall and Joel Warrick as his assistants, Simone Edwards as team manager and Trevor Nottingham as goalkeeper coach. Warrick is the husband of TTFA vice-president and Women’s League of Football (WoLF) president Susan Joseph-Warrick.

Nadia James was appointed Women’s National Under-17 Team manager and joins a staff already appointed and headed by Police FC coach Richard Hood.

The Women’s National Senior Team coaching staff is expected to be named in mid-year.

Look Loy said last night’s appointments were the first step in reviving the TTFA’s fortunes.

“These appointments reflect long and serious consideration by the technical committee and the board of the TTFA,” he said, “to send all of our national teams on the path of not only improvement but qualification for the championships we have to play for.

“Beyond that, we are looking seriously at the personnel we have appointed, with a long term perspective towards the revival of our football fortunes.”

Look Loy reiterated that the youth coaching jobs were all short term and the various positions would be reassessed at the end of their respective tournaments this year.

“If we do look to renew people, then we will usefully discuss renewing them for a full cycle, which in terms of youth football is two years,” said Look Loy.

Other appointments made last night were: Richard Piper (national teams director), Jinelle James (women’s football director), Norris Ferguson (club licensing and compliance director) and Jack (head of goalkeeping). Piper, James and Ferguson are all members of the TTFA’s technical committee along with Michael Grayson.

Look Loy made special mention of La Foucade and Jack as technical director and head of goalkeeping respectively.

“There are two positions in particular that hold inordinate importance, and those are the technical director and head of goalkeeping,” he said. “The technical director position has never been properly implemented in Trinidad and Tobago. Now we have the opportunity to reboot and make it an effective position.

“It is not that we didn’t have people who knew what to do but that the technical committee was never properly organised and there was no consistent application of technical policy and no technical department. Development requires consistent action […] but the support and circumstances to create that never occurred.

“And head of goalkeeping is a new position. We have never had that and we desperately need a programme to develop the next crop of top goalkeepers. It has been hit and miss in that area and we now we want to make it an assembly line.

“The decisions last night, I believe, reflect a watershed moment.”

The TTFA Board also unanimously agreed to Look Loy’s proposed ‘Project 2026’, which will see a cadre of under-21 players groomed to become the core of Men’s National Senior Team for the 2026 World Cup qualifying campaign.

“The year 2026 is going to the first 48-team Fifa World Cup in Canada, USA and Mexico,” said Look Loy. “Concacaf is going to have six places and we think it judicious to begin preparing a hard core now… In 2026, we may have the outstanding 18-year-old, we may have the outstanding 32-year-old but the the core of that team is going to be those boys who are now 19 to 21 years old.

“We are going to form a team under that age band. We are going to put them under the supervision of Terry Fenwick and the Men’s National Senior Team staff and we are going to go forward with that.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »
I must say although its early days I'm impress with the continual updates from this new board keeping the public informed and updated, therefore generating interest .   

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2020, 11:55:13 AM »
WATCH: Chairman of the TTFA Technical Committee, Keith Look Loy, discusses Project 2026

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Yx4IDBiWc9Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Yx4IDBiWc9Q</a>

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2020, 02:02:12 PM »
WATCH: Chairman of the TTFA Technical Committee, Keith Look Loy, discusses Project 2026

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Yx4IDBiWc9Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Yx4IDBiWc9Q</a>
Emotional people make knee jerk decisions so people don't get carried away with this emotional idiot .

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2020, 06:13:10 PM »
Hagley: TTFA, Pro League, TTSL meeting illegal.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Guaya Unit­ed FC fi­nan­cial di­rec­tor Randy Ha­gley is lead­ing the charge of some T&T Su­per League clubs to have Wednes­day's meet­ing with the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion, the T&T Su­per League Board of Di­rec­tors, and the T&T Pro League clubs, to be deemed null and void.

He said the TTSL Board was not a prop­er rep­re­sen­ta­tion of all the clubs in the Su­per League.

Ha­gley told Guardian Me­dia Sports on Wednes­day that the meet­ing at the Ato Boldon Sta­di­um in Bal­main, Cou­va, was set to chart the way for­ward for the new Tier 1 and 2 leagues in the coun­try, but clubs which are of­fi­cial mem­bers of the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion were left out of the de­ci­sion-mak­ing process, for an or­ga­ni­za­tion that is not.

The T&T Su­per League is an in­de­pen­dent or­ga­ni­za­tion formed to man­age the af­fairs of the TTSL.

The TTSL Board is made up of some six mem­bers- Kei­th Look Loy, the FC San­ta Rosa and TTSL pres­i­dent, Jame­son Rigues (Guaya Unit­ed/First VP), Ed­di­son Dean (Club San­do/Sec­ond VP), Col­in Mur­ray (Queen's Park), Ter­ry Joseph (Bethel Unit­ed) and An­der­son Veronique (Pris­ons) who has re­placed Clay­ton Mor­ris (UTT).

The Board is charged with the re­spon­si­bil­i­ty of rep­re­sent­ing 22 Su­per League teams. How­ev­er, the teams that participated in the 2019 League were FC San­ta Rosa, Queen's Park, Matu­ra Re­Unit­ed, RSSR, Erin FC, Guaya Unit­ed, Pris­ons FC, Cunu­pia FC, Bethel Unit­ed, Diego Mar­tin/Pe­tit Val­ley Unit­ed and the Uni­ver­si­ty of T&T, among many oth­ers.

Ha­gley said al­so that some of the clubs were al­so il­le­git­i­mate­ly sus­pend­ed for their in­abil­i­ty to be in­volved in Su­per League ac­tiv­i­ties for two con­sec­u­tive years.

Some of these clubs in­clude De­fence Force, Harlem Strik­ers, Mara­bel­la Fam­i­ly Cri­sis Cen­tre (MFCC), 1976 Phoenix Unit­ed, Per­se­ver­ance Unit­ed and Siparia Spurs among oth­ers.

Ha­gley be­lieves the ac­tion to sus­pend oth­er clubs, is al­so an il­le­gal one, as the clubs are all share­hold­ers of the League (TTSL).

"The Su­per League Board can­not rep­re­sent the clubs at a TTFA meet­ing. The TTSL is an in­de­pen­dent or­ga­ni­za­tion while the clubs are all mem­bers of the TTFA. Now tell me, so why aren't the T&T Pro League teams been rep­re­sent­ed by its Board at yes­ter­day's meet­ing? Can you tell me why?"

Ac­cord­ing to Ha­gley "This can­not be right, re­gard­less of how you look at it and the clubs are all against it."

Yes­ter­day's meet­ing was ex­pect­ed to pave a way for the re-in­tro­duc­tion of the ini­tial­ly-rec­om­mend­ed T-League which was be­ing formed to be com­pet­i­tive with the top foot­ball leagues in var­i­ous parts of Eu­rope, such as Eng­land, Spain, Ger­many and France etc.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2020, 08:47:29 PM »

Emotional people make knee jerk decisions so people don't get carried away with this emotional idiot .

You eh like NOBODY.  :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2020, 12:35:00 PM »
Big egos in Sport.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Muham­mad Ali once said, “I don’t think it’s brag­ging to say I’m some­thing spe­cial.”

For many ath­letes and even of­fi­cials, par­tic­u­lar­ly foot­ball coach­es, an ex­pla­na­tion of the con­cept of self-con­fi­dence is hard­ly nec­es­sary as they know in­tu­itive­ly what it is. In­deed, self-con­fi­dence is so pal­pa­ble in some in­di­vid­u­als you can al­most reach out and touch it. Their con­fi­dence is re­flect­ed in every­thing they say and do, in what they wear, how they speak and how they look.

Self-con­fi­dence is com­mon­ly de­fined as the sure­ness of feel­ing that you are equal to the task at hand. We all know some­one whose self-be­lief has this un­shake­able qual­i­ty, whose ego re­sists even the biggest set­backs. With some peo­ple, the hard­er the blow, the quick­er they bounce back. At the same time, al­though con­fi­dence or be­ing over­con­fi­dence is a de­sir­able char­ac­ter­is­tic, ar­ro­gance or sure­ness of feel­ing not well-found­ed in one’s abil­i­ty - is un­de­sir­able.

At the TTFA’s Meet­ing of all tech­ni­cal staff mem­bers on Fri­day, the tech­ni­cal com­mit­tee chair­man Kei­th Look Loy said that the room was filled with big egos as he em­pha­sised the need for those egos to be put aside, ad­mit­ting he pos­sessed such al­so, but not put to­tal­ly to rest as the heads come to­geth­er for the bet­ter­ment of lo­cal foot­ball. It’s an is­sue that has plagued the sport, and not just foot­ball, for long pe­ri­ods. Every­body wants to do what some­one else is do­ing and think­ing they could do it bet­ter, fail­ing to sup­port, ready to fight down, al­ways know what the so­lu­tion is. Sounds fa­mil­iar right? Or in the case of big egos, un­will­ing to be chal­lenged be­cause they’ve achieved much, some cas­es not even, and there­fore be­lieve that no one can of­fer ad­vice in any mean­ing­ful way. Hope­ful­ly and from all ac­counts so far, these egos will be pushed a lit­tle to the side but the con­fi­dence in abil­i­ty by all will have a rip­pling ef­fect on the per­for­mance.

It is clear that you need a high life of con­fi­dence and self-be­lief to per­form. They used to say Ato Boldon had too much of it. But if you were in his po­si­tion run­ning the 100 me­tres fi­nal at the 1996 Olympics, then you’d un­der­stand why. For Bri­an Lara to walk out be­fore 45,000 Aus­tralians or 60,000 In­di­an fans and be able to per­form, he had to main­tain that swag­ger. For Ken­wyne Jones to stand tall with John Ter­ry at Stam­ford Bridge, sure­ly he couldn’t just be the nice guy from T&T.

But how do we know the great­est ath­letes pos­sess this trait? We've seen ego man­i­fest it­self in Dwight Yorke’s up­turned col­lar, while Jones would of­ten do flips when he scored, Stern John would beat his chest and ges­ture to the fans when he net­ted dur­ing the 2006 World Cup qual­i­fiers.

Con­fi­dence coach Mar­tin Per­ry - whose clients in­clude Ar­se­nal mid­field­er Aaron Ram­sey and golfer Col­in Mont­gomerie - cites the dif­fer­ence be­tween Barcelona for­ward Li­onel Mes­si and Re­al Madrid's Cris­tiano Ronal­do.

"Ronal­do is very out­ward­ly con­fi­dent, where­as Mes­si comes across as qui­et and hum­ble, but both have egos. We know that be­cause of the in­di­vid­ual man­ner in which they play," he says. "They don't see risks; they have a bul­let­proof cer­tain­ty they'll pro­duce and when an ath­lete has that supreme lev­el of con­fi­dence, mag­ic can hap­pen,” he told the BBC.

When tal­ent and ego are in per­fect sym­me­try, a play­er can make the leap from good to great. Mike Forde, for­mer di­rec­tor of op­er­a­tions at Chelsea, us­es a for­mu­la - (ego + coach­a­bil­i­ty) x learn­ing cul­ture - with high-per­form­ing teams and in­di­vid­u­als to help them max­imise their tal­ent. The equa­tion shows that ego is the foun­da­tion of great­ness but on­ly if it is still open to be­ing coached and crit­i­cised and there's a struc­ture in place to help them grow," said Forde who worked with Juan Ma­ta and Eden Haz­ard at Chelsea.

Per­for­mance ac­com­plish­ments are the strongest con­trib­u­tor to sport-con­fi­dence. When you per­form any skill suc­cess­ful­ly, you will gen­er­ate con­fi­dence and be will­ing to at­tempt some­thing slight­ly more dif­fi­cult. Per­son­al suc­cess breeds con­fi­dence, while re­peat­ed per­son­al fail­ure di­min­ish­es it. Be­ing in­volved with the suc­cess of oth­ers can al­so sig­nif­i­cant­ly bol­ster your con­fi­dence, es­pe­cial­ly if you be­lieve that the per­former you are in­volved with (eg a team-mate) close­ly match­es your qual­i­ties or abil­i­ties. In ef­fect, it evokes the re­ac­tion: ‘if they can do it, I can do it’. So then, "Let's do it."

Ed­i­tor's Note

Shaun Fuentes is the head of TTFA Me­dia. He is a for­mer FI­FA Me­dia Of­fi­cer at the 2010 FI­FA World Cup in South Africa and cur­rent­ly a CON­CA­CAF Com­pe­ti­tions Me­dia Of­fi­cer. The views ex­pressed are sole­ly his and not a rep­re­sen­ta­tion of any in­di­vid­ual or or­gan­i­sa­tion.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2020, 03:32:14 PM »
National Teams Technical Staff members discuss structures and approach.
TTFA Media.

Various members of the Technical Staffs of the Trinidad and Tobago Nationals teams and the TTFA’s technical department assembled for a meeting at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday during which in-depth discussions on a wide range of topics.

The topics included the new TTFA structure; Project 2026; Tournament dates; Code of Conduct, Media guidelines; Period report; Insurance/Incident report; What football do we want? Who are We?

The items discussed under “Who are We” included –

What are the characteristics of the Trinidad and Tobago player?
What are his/her strengths/weaknesses?
How do we Play?
Do we want to play a standard formation?
Who and what is Trinidad and Tobago and what is our identity?

TTFA Technical committee chairman Keith Look Loy led the meeting which was attended by senior men’s team head coach Terry Fenwick, Assistant coach Derek King, who is also the Under 20 Men’s head coach, assistants Stern John and Angus Eve (Men’s U-17 head coach), Goalkeeper coaches Ross Russell and Clayton Ince, Boys Under 15 head coach Keith Jeffrey, Women’s Team U-20 and U-17 head coach Richard Hood, Senior Men’s Team manager Basil Thompson, Women’s team managers Nadia James and Maylee Attin-Johnson, National Team Director Richard Piper, Women’s Football director Jinelle James, equipment manager Michael Williams, Club licensing and compliance director Norris Ferguson and Technical Director Dion La Foucade along with a host of other technical staff members.

“Today is a historic day. Never in the history of the TTFF/TTFA has there been a meeting like this where the entire brain trust of the Football association, all of the technical staffs, not just the coaches , but everyone from physio, trainer, goalkeeper coach to head coach all assembled in one room to talk about the national teams programme and where we want it to go, how do we revive our football fortunes and how do we fly our flag again on the international level and how do we get back to World Cups again.

“We started with some administrative housekeeping talking about different policies that we are introducing such as code of conduct, incident report and insurance and media policies but the heart of the discussion was about what kind of football do we want to play, who is Trinidad and Tobago and what is the Trinidad and Tobago player. We had a very useful discussion about that in front of a full house,” Look Loy told TTFA Media.

“We isolated a number of principles in attack, in defence and general principles that we want to see employed by all our teams. Formation is not the issue. But there are general principles we want to see in our football for example play from the back, maximum efficiency and quick rotation of the ball in our half, two touch, get it to the sides of the pitch, midfield support, forwards who go in behind the defence or dropping off into a pocket, get it down the sides of the pitch, play the ball in, when we lose it go get it back quickly… how we want to organise our play and so on.

“We are on the same page with that. We expect that all of the teams will begin preparing to play like this with the Senior men’s team being the headship team,” Look Loy stated.

A document will be prepared and used in the TTFA Academy and coaching courses and filtered down into the regional programmes for scouts to now identify players to be taught to implement the preferred type of football.

“It’s a huge exercise to put all the teams and coaches on the same page, respecting the individuality of each coach and each player of course so  that when we go out to play be it the under 15s right up to the senior team on both sides of the gender divide, people know this is a Trinidad and Tobago team,” Look Loy said.

“I prefaced everything by making the point that our football is in a crisis. We have fallen away dramatically from where we used to be. We now have to identify who we are, what we want to do, how we intend to solve this issue and get back to where we want to be which as I said is on the top level of Concacaf and on the World Cup stage.

Collective Effort! Egos Aside!

“I made the point that this requires collective effort. Nobody reaches this level of football without having an ego, be it a player, a coach, a manager, even an equipment manager who wants to think that I am good enough to be the best equipment manager. You need to put the egos aside. There is going to be need for sacrifice of ego. The star of the day has to be the national teams programme and the national teams. When the team does well the entire programme does well, the coaches and the staff will get their credit,”Look Loy added.

“These teams do not belong to us. We come and we go. The coaches come and go, the committee comes and goes. Look Loy comes and goes. There will be another technical committee chairman at some point in time. We are the custodians of this programme and these teams and we have to service the needs of the national teams programme and the people of Trinidad and Tobago who want us to do well and who we have to give reason to smile and laugh again when they talk about our football. I made the point in the gathering that we well remember the day we beat Bahrain to go to Germany 2006. The adrenaline rush. We want to experience that again. We must make it an expectation and we must make it a disappointment if we don’t qualify. The pride of being a Trinbagonian, putting on Red,White and Black to represent Trinidad and Tobago must be restored.

TTFA Technical Director La Foucade spoke of his support for the approach thus far.

“With the meeting we had today I was very encouraged to see all the coaches coming together, guys who would not necessarily work with each other, coming together now and saying you know what, this is for the betterment of the game. Let’s put things behind us. We have a long way to go still but the signs were definitely good,” La Foucade said.

“It is important to get people to trust, to get coaches to trust and to get coaches to realise when Trinidad and Tobago qualifies for a World Cup at any level we all feel happy. But in order to build that trust you must first have communication and coaches must have meaningful communication. What we like about each other and what we think our game should be. It is very important that we have a common goal. The philosophy must first come and then the methodology on how we are going to teach that philosophy,” La Foucade stated.

Men’s U-17 head coach Eve said he was satisfied seeing the manner in which business has been conducted in the start up phase.

“The initiatives of the new President and the technical committee, a new technical director and hiring of a new set of people will bring a different blood into the FA and hopefully it turns into performances. What I can say is that they have started on the right foot. They have to give us the tools to work with. They have started in the right way, the composition of the staffs, the way they went about in selecting the staffs was a more transparent process and going forward I hope they continue to build on what they have started,” Eve said.

Videos.

Technical Committee Chairman sums up National Teams' Staff Members Meeting

Eve talks about U-17 Head Coach appointment

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:35:01 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #479 on: January 28, 2020, 04:58:46 PM »
How should T&T teams play? TTFA talks tactics, Tobago players and oversized technical committee.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace has promised to regularise the FA’s technical committee, after its ranks swelled to an unprecedented and unconstitutional size at the last board meeting.

A six member technical committee comprising of chairman and board member Keith Look Loy, Michael Grayson, Jinelle Ferguson, Norris Ferguson, Ken Elie and Richard Piper was instituted soon after Wallace’s election last November.

However, the board added two additional committee members at its last meeting, AYSO president Dale Toney and Cunupia FC president Narvin Charles, which took the headcount to eight. And Look Loy suggested today that technical director Dion La Foucade should also serve on the committee.

The TTFA constitution caps standing committees at seven members. Article 43.3 states: Each standing committee shall consist of a chairman, a deputy chairman and maximum five other members.

Wallace said he will move swiftly to address the error, which was pointed out by Wired868. Thankfully, the additional numbers came after the appointment of over 30 staff members to various national football teams.

“The decisions made by the committee were made before those members were put on the committee, so at least there is no problem there,” said Wallace. “Initially when the committee was set up there was a question as to why the Pro League did not have a representative on the board as they are playing club football at the highest level. The board agreed to expand but I guess we expanded one too much.”

It is uncertain which technical committee members will be asked to step aside. Or if the board would approach its general membership for a constitutional change, so as to permit additional persons.

Look Loy, who also serves as Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) president, handpicked close to 90 per cent of the technical committee—outside of Charles, who was nominated by Pro League chairman and board representative Brent Sancho. He explained his process and defended the fact that only three members of the committee, excluding La Foucade, have coached at national or local top flight level.

“It is not your normal committee which is chocked full of coaches,” said Look Loy. “The population [of the technical committee] responds to the structure of the committee that the board wanted, which is one that oversees the four pillars of the technical committee: the technical department, the national teams department, women’s football, and club licensing and compliance.

“[…] The central concept of the new technical committee is it has supervisory authority over a wide range of TTFA activities and not just technical matters, as was the case in the past. That needs to be reflected in the expertise of the members of the committee.”

Three technical committee members have already been assigned to various departments within the TTFA’s technical arm. At the last board meeting, members endorsed Piper as national teams director, James as women’s football director and Ferguson as club licensing and compliance director.

If Look Loy was beaming at the scope of his new committee, he was just as enthusiastic about the new national teams coaching set-up. Today, coaches and support staff for all teams met the committee to discuss the way forward for the Soca Warriors.

It was the first step in a new format that insists on collaboration between the various national teams and saw the likes of Terry Fenwick (National Senior Team head coach), Derek King (National Under-20 Team head coach), Angus Eve (National Under-17 Team head coach), Clayton Morris (National Under-15 Team assistant coach) and Stern John (National Under-20 Team assistant coach) asked to trade ideas. England-based national senior team goalkeeper coach and head of the TTFA’s goalkeeper department, Kelvin Jack, was believed to be the only absentee.

“It went excellently well,” said Look Loy. “We had a full turnout of staff with more than 50 people in the room, which was everybody from head coach to equipment manager and everyone in between.

“[…] I opened the meeting by making the point that today is a historic day because never has there been such a meeting with the objective of creating a common vision for all teams about how we have to play.

“We have to sacrifice egos to make Trinidad and Tobago football feared again. The teams don’t belong to the coaches, they belong to the TTFA and we have to work together. They accepted that and are eager to work.”

Among the issues discussed was a code of conduct for players and staff, incident reporting (all players will be insured for training and matches) and monthly reports from the various coaching staff. And, more intriguingly, the country’s top coaches spoke about the characteristics of a future Trinidad and Tobago team and footballer.

Look Loy offered a bit of the dialogue to Warriors fans.

“We talked about playing with width, efficient ball movement, and exploiting wide places in the field when we are in attack,” he told Wired868. “[…] When we get into the final third, we are not looking to pass square and go back; we are looking to take risks and be aggressive. We are going to goal!

“[…] In defence, we spoke about defending the wide areas and funnelling the opposing attackers into the centre of the pitch where we have bodies to break down the play… Whatever formation a coach decides, we want to see certain principles employed in the way we play the game, regardless of if they use 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

“[…] Fenwick, Eve and Clayton Ince (National Under-20 Team goalkeeper coach) contributed to the discussion and [Wayne] Sheppard (National Under-15 Team assistant coach) made a couple of important points.”

The upshot of the TTFA’s new approach, Look Loy suggested, was a consistent philosophy for players to follow throughout their international careers.

“We are going to be making a documentation out of the meeting that we will circulate and put in academies and give to regional scouts,” said Look Loy. “We have to train players in the way we have to play from today. The 13-year-old today is an under-17 player in four years’ time.”

Look Loy gave other examples of the benefit of the range of ideas within the TTFA’s current technical arm. James, a former Women’s National Senior Team player and manager, alerted the technical committee chairman as to why he could not offer girls the identical development plan created for the boys.

“We say we want to do screenings for youths in each region but we can’t do this for girls as the player pool is not big enough,” said Look Loy. “What Jinelle explained is that girls don’t have the freedom to expose themselves to football outside of a formal structure like boys (who are often allowed to play on the streets and in open spaces).

“So the approach to women’s football is entirely different. What we may need instead is three or four hubs at grassroots level to teach them how to play.”

Look Loy said the technical committee also brainstormed about ideas to better involve Tobago talent within the national set-up.

Tobagonian Dwight Yorke captained the twin island republic at the 2006 World Cup and remains the country’s most successful export, yet players from the ‘sister isle’ do not get a fair shot at national selection and often drop out at youth level.

“They can’t just take a maxi to get to training like the players in Trinidad and a lot of the Tobago players are forced to pull out, especially during exam times,” said Look Loy. “What we are pushing to get for the National Under-17 girls training squad is a regional programme that allows selected players to train in Tobago during the week and then we bring them over on the weekend.

“In the rest of the country, the regional centres will not have the national team players because they would end up occupying places that other players can take. But in Tobago we have to do it and have them training there so they will not be left alone.

“It will probably never be equal but we have to make it as equitable as possible.”

Eventually, Look Loy hopes the TTFA can mirror nations like the United States and Cuba with residential training centres, which can house national youth players. However, the local football body lacks the finances to do so in the near future.

“This is where I want to push the TTFA but we have to creep before we walk,” he said.

The TTFA’s Home of Football, which is uninsured at present, is little help. Look Loy wants to activate all national teams by 1 February but said there is a shortage of venues for training, with work ongoing at the Ato Boldon, Larry Gomes and Hasely Crawford stadia.

At present, the Women’s National Under-17 and Under-20 Teams are shuttling between the St Mary’s College ground on Serpentine Road, St Clair and the Ato Boldon Stadium training field in Couva.

“We are trying to manoeuvre to find grounds for national training and the training field at the Home of Football is useless,” said Look Loy. “The surface is poor and uneven and it is not good enough for training a high level team.”

There is still no date set for the first Men’s National Senior Team session and no confirmed practice games either. The Warriors play either Guyana or Barbados in a decisive 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Play Off in June and Fenwick has only the March Fifa international window to prepare his outfit.

The TTFA is yet to secure him any games, though.

“We are getting offers and then those offers are disappearing because the teams find better opponents,” said Look Loy. “Our free-fall in the Fifa rankings is affecting our ability to secure opponents. We have been invited to play in a tournament in Europe in late May. (Fenwick will not have his full squad for that proposed tournament as it falls outside the Fifa window.)

“March is presenting a ticklish situation but we are still trying to get decent opponents.”

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:12:12 PM by Flex »

1]; } ?>