15 (35.7%)
Brent Sancho
0 (0%)
David-John Williams
0 (0%)
Foreign Investor
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: TTFA News Thread.  (Read 117178 times)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA News Thread.
« Reply #510 on: March 09, 2020, 01:21:56 PM »
I feel this is more of the "journalist" stoking fire.

I'm all for transparency. Big believer in it.  But there will be in-house conflicts ant the public don't have to know everything.

Stoking fire.
I agree pal. I got absolutely nothing concrete from the article about them being at loggerheads.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #511 on: March 09, 2020, 02:16:59 PM »
$4 million for taxman missing, an unsafe hotel and spiralling debts: Wallace reveals TTFA’s ‘true’ health.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace has accused the administration of his predecessor, David John-Williams, of failing to account for millions of dollars received from Fifa and improperly deducted from office staff.

Wallace’s claims were part of a 50-minute long press conference at the Queen’s Park Oval in St Clair, in which he revealed issues inherited from the controversial former football president and also pointed to his perceived accomplishments after 100 days at the job.

“I am not here to cast aspersions on anyone’s character. I am not here to blame anyone for anything. I am not here to say anyone did anything. All I am saying to you, these are the facts as discovered.”

Among several startling allegations was the claim that the John-Williams-led administration withheld TT$4 million dollars due to the National Insurance Board (NIB) and Ministry of Finance for NIS, PAYE and health surcharge for employees.

“We’ve discovered that NIS and PAYE, health surcharge; the last time that was paid to the relevant authorities was November of 2017,” said Wallace. “We have since accumulated a debt of $4 million for NIS, health surcharge, PAYE. Now, importantly, this money was reflected as being taken out of the salaries of the employees.

“So $4 million taken out from the salaries of employees and that $4 million has not been paid to the relevant authorities.”

Wallace said he welcomes an investigation into the missing money and hopes to speak to the ‘relevant authorities’.

“There are laws in Trinidad and Tobago that govern that,” he said. “I hope that whoever is supposed to deal with this is guided by that. We will provide information to the relevant authorities.”

Wired868 reached out to John-Williams for comment via a phone call, text message, email and whats app. He did not respond on any of the aforementioned platforms.

John-Williams’ former general secretary, Camara David, also did not comment when asked to explain the discrepancy.

John-Williams is a businessman and contractor and the chairman of Pro League club, W Connection. David is the current general secretary of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU).

David’s predecessor, Justin Latapy-George, left the TTFA in January 2019. He admitted that he knew the football body was behind on its payments for employees but claimed to be shocked by the figure.

“Like in any organisation, these are statutory deductions that are withheld from the remuneration of employees and is to be remitted to the government,” said Latapy-George, who now works as head of sport development at Sportt. “I knew we were behind but I did not know the quantum… The FA is set up with a finance manager and, although the [office] is run by the general secretary, it is really the responsibility of [finance officer] Tyril Patrick.”

Patrick declined comment on his possible role in the alleged misuse of employee money meant for the state. The finance manager, who was hired by John-Williams, refused to attend TTFA AGMs in 2018 or 2019 to answer the membership’s questions on the football body’s financial health—despite allegedly being ordered to do so by Latapy-George—on the grounds that he was due to resign and had been excused by the then football president.

Remarkably, two years later, Patrick continues to serve as the football body’s finance manager under Wallace, even as the current president pointed to a slew of other financial discrepancies, such as 29 bounced cheques issued by the John-Williams-led TTFA including four to League of Champions clubs, Defence Force, Guaya United, Youth Stars United and Moruga FC.

“Interestingly, the FA submitted to Fifa a proposal for the T-league […] and monies were allocated for that project,” said the TTFA president. “TT$990,000 was given to the FA for that project and from that money the clubs were given TT$25,600. So TT$203,200 was spent on the League of Champions, money given to clubs. That left us with TT$786,800—we had a surplus. And yet, cheques bounced.”

However, Wallace suggested that Patrick was not an accomplice to wrongdoing but rather a victim of the TTFA’s lack of internal financial structure.

“[Patrick] said he was acting on instructions when I asked him why he issued the bounced cheques,” said Wallace. “[…] What we are doing now, based on the evaluation and audits we have done, is putting systems in place and reporting structure, etc.

“[…] He is still working with us but there are systems in place to make sure he is governed by proper policy.”

The TTFA’s new internal finance structure, which would presumably transform Patrick into a model accountant, is overseen by accountant Robert Reis and Kendall Tull at present. Both have extensive financial management and audit experience.

Wallace claimed that the work of the pair satisfied a recent delegation of Fifa and Concacaf officials and should see a thawing of relationship between the governing football bodies and the twin island republic.
Fifa, according to current TTFA general secretary Ramesh Ramdhan, had delayed paying its annual subvention due to concerns regarding the financial state of the local football body.

“Fifa were very happy with the report that was generated […] through our finance committee [of] Robert Reis and Kendall Tull,” said Wallace, who said the pair have addressed several weaknesses within the TTFA’s set-up. “We found an absence of any kind of internal structure within the FA; there were no internal financial controls.

“[…] Fifa were very happy [with the report by Reis and Tull] and said we did half of their job for them.”

Wallace reiterated that John-Williams gave the TTFA’s debt at TT$16 million in 2016. However, since then, the current president said the debt climbed to ‘TT$50 million and rising’.

The TTFA’s new debts include: TT$184,000 to match agents, TT$1.3 million to technical staff members and over TT$1 million in match fees to players. Ironically, as Wallace noted, John-Williams boasted about raising over TT$6 million from overseas matches while he appeared to have not been paying his bills.

Wallace also spoke at length about the state of the Home of Football and the design and insurance issues that continue to make it unsafe for use.

“There was absolutely no fire clearance for the hotel. For you to get fire clearance you must be able to provide the following and all of these things are missing: fire detection and alarm system, no emergency voice communication system, no emergency lighting, no portable fire extinguishers, no firehose reel system, no dedicated water supply (we are borrowing water from the SPORTT Company), no fire pump…

“Now this hotel was opened and we had four youth teams and our national senior team stay in this hotel […] and all of this was missing.”

(Wired868 will provide more details on the Home of Football in a separate report tomorrow.)

On the debit side, Wallace pointed to a TT$25 million clothing deal with UK-based company, Avec Sport, and a TT$1.5 million deal with local company, Caribbean Chemicals.

Wallace also claimed to have sponsors in place for the TTFA FA Trophy Cup and a TTFA-run three-tiered domestic competition, which fellows a similar format to the previously proposed T-League and will absorb the Pro League and TT Super League competitions. However, he said he will reveal the names of those companies at a separate press launch.

The new local league, he said, will start in mid-June and will offer prize money.

He also claimed that the TTFA has activated 10 of its 11 statutory committees—only two were active at the end of John-Williams’ term in office—and boasted about having over 20 medical professionals and doctors on the body’s medical committee.

He revealed too that the TTFA reached an out of court settlement with former journalist Selwyn Melville over the Soca Warriors trademark and hopes to soon reach an agreement with former technical director Kendall Walkes as well.

At present, the TTFA’s bank accounts are still frozen due to a garnishee order executed by Walkes for non-payment.

Wallace said that Lawrence’s contract also represents part of the local body’s 50 million debt, which he hopes to clear within the next three years. However, he did not offer an update on discussions with the former Warriors head coach.

The salaries of the TTFA’s current technical staffs was given at TT$4.3 million per year in a recent board meeting. However, Wallace said that the football body can meet most of its operating costs with just its Fifa Forward money of US$1.2 million per year with ‘a deficit of just under TT$200,000’.

Through One Concacaf funding of US$150,000 per year and private sponsorship, he hopes to raise the additional revenue.

It is uncertain whether the operating costs mentioned included overseas trips and camps for national teams; and, up to the time of publication, Wallace could not be reached for clarification.

The TTFA president insisted, though, that, despite the setbacks, local football is already in a better condition than when he took office.

“We are doing our best in the circumstances,” he said. “Things are going to get so much better—and faster than anyone thinks.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 09, 2020, 02:36:49 PM »
There is no one size fits all regarding the chain of command and authority vis-a-vis the Technical Director within the technical and administrative directorate of a federation.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 09, 2020, 03:22:59 PM »
TTFA confirms exclusive retail agreement with Sports & Games
TTFA Media

The Trinidad & Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has today announced Trinidad & Tobago’s leading sports retailer Sports & Games as its Exclusive Retail Partner.

The four-year arrangement includes collaboration on a series of marketing campaigns and fan engagement programmes that will add extra value to fans who purchase official merchandise. Among the activities planned will be events including (but not limited to) ticket giveaways, match day experiences for Sports & Games customers, in-store customer events and ‘meet and greet’ opportunities with players and management.

The announcement follows the recent confirmation of Avec UK as the TTFA’s technical kit Partner and completes the important supply line to fans with the full support of the nation’s most influential sports retailer. Sports & Games will act as the sole domestic retailer of official playing kit, training wear and officially branded leisure apparel for all national and women’s teams and the national Futsal and Beach football teams.

Sports & Games will undertake a minimum annual spend on marketing and promotional campaigns and will make staged licensing payments to the TTFA from generated sales.

As Official Retail Partner, Sports & Games will be afforded online and match day branding opportunities and will have exclusive rights to install and manage in-stadia retail outlets for all TTFA national team match days.

TTFA President, William Wallace said: “Following swiftly on from our announcement of Avec as technical kit and training wear Partner and Caribbean Chemicals as our first domestic Partner, this is another illustration of the growing confidence in the future of football in Trinidad & Tobago. We are building a commercial platform that has been lacking for too long and I am delighted that such a trusted and prominent retailer in Sports & Games has committed to joining the journey.

“Whatever effort we make as an administration, we cannot succeed without the assistance of Partners who understand what we are trying to do. The growing landscape of willing and supportive organisations is testimony to the progress we’re making with our overall plan of action. I am delighted Sports & Games is on board with us.”

Sports & Games (Director) Omar Hadeed told TTFA Media today at the signing at Sports & Games outlet,Trincity Mall, “I believe there is great potential in Trinidad and Tobago football and I’m delighted that Sports & Games is now part of the process to see that potential realised. This is not just about selling merchandise, this is an opportunity to work alongside the new TTFA administration and helping them to take football back to the people of this nation.

“I’m excited that we’ll be working with the TTFA on a whole raft of activities that can promote the positives of our football and generate a new level of enthusiasm. I can assure everyone we will be playing our part to the full and I’m proud that we have the opportunity to do so.”

Avec Chairman Peter Crawford said: “As the technical kit and training wear supplier, we’re delighted that the leading Sports retailer in Trinidad and Tobago, Sports & Games, is now a part of the commercial process. This end-to-end solution is a natural fit and the whole chain, from supply, to team, to high street makes perfect sense.”

The agreement also provides an option for Sports & Games Ltd to become a non-exclusive, international retail partner.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 09, 2020, 04:36:42 PM »
WATCH: The Trinidad & Tobago Football Association (TTFA) announces Sports & Games as its exclusive retail partner.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Glohg2l9o8Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Glohg2l9o8Q</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #515 on: March 09, 2020, 04:37:56 PM »
Ramdhan further explained that the terms of the agreement between the TTFA and its current kit supplier, Avec Sport, state the local football body would get as many as 7,500 replicas to sell per year. This is separate from the TT$25 million in uniforms due to the various national teams.

Should the local football body sell them all, the TTFA, according to Ramdhan, is due 80 per cent slice from any additional sales.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 10, 2020, 03:29:42 PM »
TTFA sets up Medical and Sports Science Committee
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is pleased to announce the installation of its Medical and Sports Science Committee.

The committee will oversee the following programmes –
1. Education and Research
2. Sports Nutrition
3. Medical and Anti Doping
4. Mental Acuity
5. Injury prevention and Active recovery 6 Peak Performance training

TTFA President William Wallace commented on the latest development, saying “Knowledge and best practice in this area is a bonafide and necessary part of sport and particularly football and we are extremely pleased about the set up of this committee. Sports medicine and science has migrated into the mainstream, cutting a broad swath, crossing and encompassing many different disciplines, such as the various areas mentioned such as education and research, medical and anti-doping, injury prevention and peak performance training.

There is clearly a role for sports medicine and sports science knowledge in the comprehensive preparation and care of our players and staff members,” Wallace added.

The members of the committee which will be chaired by Dr. Marisa Nimrod can be seen here.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #517 on: March 10, 2020, 04:32:34 PM »

How­ev­er, it was re­vealed that sev­er­al new faces will be join­ing the T&T squad.

"I have had meet­ings with the na­tion­al coach and we are cur­rent­ly look­ing at around nine over­seas-based play­ers, from the Unit­ed States and Eng­land, some play­ing in the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion," Ramd­han said.

Interesting. !!!!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 11, 2020, 04:26:23 AM »

How­ev­er, it was re­vealed that sev­er­al new faces will be join­ing the T&T squad.

"I have had meet­ings with the na­tion­al coach and we are cur­rent­ly look­ing at around nine over­seas-based play­ers, from the Unit­ed States and Eng­land, some play­ing in the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion," Ramd­han said.

Interesting. !!!!

I imagine that's Bostock - he's on loan in the Championship.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #519 on: March 12, 2020, 11:02:44 AM »
Corona-who? T&T Football March On.
By Colin Murray (Guardian).

Stay­ing with the pos­i­tive, well done to the Trinidad & To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (TTFA). Af­ter all the bad news that greet­ed us last Wednes­day at their press con­fer­ence, and the thought that all is lost for our foot­ball, it is in­deed ad­mirable that en­ti­ties such as Avec, Sports & Games and Caribbean Chem­i­cals have opt­ed to come on board as spon­sors of the TTFA.

I say to those com­pa­nies, you have put your mon­ey where your mouth is - con­grat­u­la­tions. Over the last four years, I can on­ly re­mem­ber NL­CB and Nu Iron as foot­ball spon­sors.

Hope­ful­ly, more com­pa­nies will come for­ward to sup­port the TTFA. I have said pre­vi­ous­ly that neg­a­tive pub­lic­i­ty in any or­gan­i­sa­tion can nev­er at­tract spon­sors. What a dif­fer­ence a change of lead­er­ship can make!

Ed­i­tor's note: The views ex­pressed in this col­umn are sole­ly those of the writer and do not re­flect the views of ay or­gan­i­sa­tion of which he is a stake­hold­er.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:04:50 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #520 on: March 12, 2020, 12:41:51 PM »
Fenwick, Look Loy and La Foucade have heated exchange over roles in TTFA meeting.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Soca Warriors head coach Terry Fenwick, Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) technical director Dion La Foucade and technical committee chairman Keith Look Loy clashed this morning in a heated discussion at the TTFA’s headquarters in the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

And, when it was over, La Foucade allegedly accepted the duties as originally proffered by the board—which stripped the post of responsibility for any national team—while Fenwick was asked to apologise to the committee for ‘behaviours exhibited’ and ‘prematurely departing before dismissal [of the meeting]’.

Technical committee member Ken Elie, a former national youth team coach, said the meeting was heated but useful.

“When big men enter in a meeting with differences and everyone leave smiling somebody bullshitting somebody,” said Elie. “But I feel we had a very progressive meeting.”

Ostensibly, the technical committee summoned Fenwick, a former England World Cup defender and Portsmouth, San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC head coach, to discuss his plans for the Warriors’ friendlies away to Canada on 27 and 31 March as well as his long term designs for the Senior Team and the Project 2026 squad.

But Fenwick had concerns of his own with regards to the management of his team. In particular, he was dissatisfied with efforts to sort out passports for foreign-born players who expressed varying degrees of interest in joining his squad.

Those players were: Toronto FC midfielder Nick De Leon (29 years old), Kilmarnock FC attacker Rory McKenzie (26), Tenerife full back Shaq Moore (23) and Newport County defender Ryan Inniss (24), who is on loan from English Premiership team, Crystal Palace, and is a former England youth international. De Leon, Moore and Inniss have at least one Trinbagonian parent, while McKenzie qualifies through a grandparent.

TTFA director of football Richard Piper, who also attends and contributes to technical committee members, contacted the identified players and allegedly asked them to get back to him with the necessary information. Fenwick wanted a more aggressive approach from the manager.

Fenwick, who declined comment, was incensed too that Piper said he was unlikely to get a passport for De Leon in time for June’s crucial play-offs against either Guyana or Barbados for a 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup berth. Should the Englishman fail to navigate the Warriors past that two-legged hurdle, his national senior team career would not extend beyond mid-2021.

De Leon, incidentally, is the son of local football legend Leroy De Leon and his younger sister, Jessica, has represented the Women Soca Warriors at youth level.

It was when Fenwick rounded on Look Loy for ‘interfering’ with his players that the meeting really ignited, though.

The Warriors head coach shared a letter from Moore’s agent which stated that the versatile Spain-based defender had not yet decided if and when he would wear the red, white and black strip.

(Moore tried out for Trinidad and Tobago at youth level but was not selected and he went on to captain USA at the 2015 FIFA Under-17 World Cup.)

Moore’s agent, Paul Maye, complained to Fenwick about the manner of the TTFA’s approach.

“As we discussed, you and only you are the point of contact to discuss Shaq’s future decision on his National Team selection,” stated Maye. “Currently there are multiple TTFA staff members reaching out to inquire about Shaq playing for the T&T National Side. This approach can and will create false rumours and information to the media at which point we can no longer control the narrative…”

Using Maye’s letter and Look Loy’s acknowledgment that he contacted the father of former national youth team full back Noah Powder for information about his passport, Fenwick told Look Loy that he was out of place. And the Warriors head coach insisted that nobody from the TTFA should try to contact ‘his players’ without going through him first.

At this point, Elie interjected to say that, as the TTFA’s employee, Fenwick was in no position to dictate how things were to be done.

“What I am hearing here is an employee telling the employer what and how he is going to do his stuff,” said Elie, as he recounted the exchange. “The employer says what he wants done and the employee suggests how he can get it done…

“As I was making that point, the place got heated; because he couldn’t understand that power and authority didn’t reside with him.”

Fenwick and Look Loy disagreed on which of them started shouting first. But everyone confirmed that the technical committee chairman started banging on his desk and his voice echoed through the office.

“When he started to shout at my committee member who said he cannot tell the TTFA what to do, and he is an employee and we tell him what to do,” said Look Loy, “well then I rose my voice louder than his and started to shout back. I wouldn’t deny that…”

Look Loy acknowledged that he spoke to the fathers of Moore and Powder. Moore’s father, Wendell Moore, was a former Trinidad and Tobago international while Powder’s dad, Sean Powder, is a senior member of the TTFA’s TIPP programme.

The technical committee chairman said he was only trying to help since Fenwick had been slow to get information to them and time was of the essence.

“[Fenwick] didn’t know what was the status of Powder’s passport application […] and what was Shaq Moore’s situation,” said Look Loy. “Since I knew the fathers, I reached out and got the information and passed it on the the coach and the director of national teams… What’s wrong with that?!

“I thought I was helping but he vex. [Committee] members said he is acting as though the team belongs to him and only he should speak to the footballers, which is not acceptable.

“[…] When new national coaches came in, I made the point that we have to put egos aside because no team belongs to one man—not under my stewardship!”

By then, Fenwick was questioning the chain of command under the technical committee and the chairman, Look Loy, was incensed.

“We are trying to shift the tectonic plates as far as the TTFA’s structure goes,” he said. “One of my beefs with [former coach] Dennis Lawrence was there was no planning, supervision or accountability. By and large, managers and coaches [of the other national teams] have been buckling down to the task. He is not going to be the exception.

“[…] We are not looking for confusion but we need to streamline operations with the TTFA and we have to be timely in our submissions. And everybody has to abide by that, including Mr Fenwick.

“As long as I am here, we will operate in an efficient manner with people accounting for their stewardship. When I gone, they can do what they want!”

Fenwick left the meeting before all parties came to an agreement, so as to be present at a sponsorship deal between Sports and Games and the TTFA, which he helped broker. Look Loy did not accept the reason for his exit.

“The meeting had strong words and he decided to leave with important things hanging in the breeze,” said Look Loy.

In the immediate aftermath of Fenwick’s departure, La Foucade allegedly agreed to submit to the technical committee, after initially threatening to approach Fifa for a resolution.

“Dion thought that he should not report to the technical committee and would follow Fifa’s guidelines on the technical director,” said Look Loy. “But these things vary from country to country and that was cleared up in the meeting today. In the end, he said his opinion is clarified now and he is just happy to work and contribute.”

Wired868 contacted La Foucade for confirmation but got no response.

Elie and another member, who spoke under condition of anonymity, said the meeting with Fenwick bore fruit as well.

The technical committee felt the National Senior Team coach had been negligent in his duties by not forward a training plan for his team. Fenwick countered that it was impossible to start training as the Pro League was scheduling matches on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday each week with the National Under-20 Team also holding sessions in between.

However, he agreed to still present the committee with an outline for his plan.

“To me, the meeting was a progressive meeting because eventually he understood what is needed and he said he will work to get what we asked done,” said the anonymous member. “Despite the differences, I think the meeting was a progressive one. I think he understands now that it was not just one individual asking for it but the entire committee.”

Despite a supposedly satisfactory end to the meeting and Look Loy’s assertion that everyone should put egos aside, the technical committee still insist Fenwick should apologise.

“I personally felt offended […] because he said he doesn’t have to answer for the committee,” said the anonymous member. “The committee members feel he should apologise for that.”

Elie agreed.

“If you are home in your house and you do something you feel offends your brother or your daughter,” said Elie, “you can’t feel you are too big to say sorry…”

Fenwick had not responded to the technical committee’s position up until the time of publication.

At present, the technical committee comprises of: Look Loy (chairman), Narvin Charles, Dale Toney, Michael Grayson and Elie. Piper, Jinelle James and Norris Ferguson are adjunct committee members who do not hold voting rights.

Ferguson was the only member absent today.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #521 on: March 12, 2020, 12:42:19 PM »
Technical Chairman and Senior Men’s Head coach hold cordial meeting.
TTFA Media.

TTFA Technical Committee Chairman, Keith Look Loy, and Senior Men’s National Team Head coach, Terry Fenwick, met this morning. The meeting was cordial and productive.

Fenwick agreed that the supervision of national teams by, and accountability of national coaches to, the Technical Committee is a necessity.

Look Loy, on behalf of the Technical Committee assured Fenwick of the Committee’s support and guaranteed the facilitation of senior men’s team plans. In this regard, a meeting will be held Monday March 16th between both officials, senior men’s team management and National Teams Director, Richard Piper, to define operational protocols.

Further, TTFA advises the public that Technical Director, Dion La Foucade, has long accepted the oversight to be exercised by the Technical Committee over his work.

In summary, therefore, the Technical Director pursues developmental objectives, while national coaches lead our teams into competition. The Technical Committee supervises both areas of work.

The TTFA hopes this statement clarifies the division of labour in technical matters and puts to end any lack of clarity in the minds of all concerned.

William Wallace
President
TTFA

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 12, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »
Technical Chairman and Senior Men’s Head coach hold cordial meeting.
TTFA Media.

TTFA Technical Committee Chairman, Keith Look Loy, and Senior Men’s National Team Head coach, Terry Fenwick, met this morning. The meeting was cordial and productive.

Fenwick agreed that the supervision of national teams by, and accountability of national coaches to, the Technical Committee is a necessity.

Look Loy, on behalf of the Technical Committee assured Fenwick of the Committee’s support and guaranteed the facilitation of senior men’s team plans. In this regard, a meeting will be held Monday March 16th between both officials, senior men’s team management and National Teams Director, Richard Piper, to define operational protocols.

Further, TTFA advises the public that Technical Director, Dion La Foucade, has long accepted the oversight to be exercised by the Technical Committee over his work.

In summary, therefore, the Technical Director pursues developmental objectives, while national coaches lead our teams into competition. The Technical Committee supervises both areas of work.

The TTFA hopes this statement clarifies the division of labour in technical matters and puts to end any lack of clarity in the minds of all concerned.

William Wallace
President
TTFA

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 13, 2020, 06:11:45 AM »
National Teams training suspended for 14 days due to COVID-19
TTFA Media

In light of the entry of the corona virus into Trinidad and Tobago, and CONCACAF’s suspension of the Scotiabank Champions League yesterday, the Technical Committee in consultation with President William Wallace is suspending training for all national teams with immediate effect for a minimum of fourteen (14) days from March 13th to 27th.

Head coaches and managers have been asked to disseminate this information to all players and to remain in daily contact with them and other team staff in order to monitor their health status, specifically with regard to the presentation of Corona virus symptoms. Should anyone in their family and/or their team present such symptoms, they have been directed to immediately inform TTFA for immediate action.

Prior to the expiry of the suspension period the Technical Committee will issue further advice to teams on how to proceed.

The TTFA will issue another update at midday today pertaining to upcoming international events while Concacaf is also expected to make another announcement today.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 13, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »
Good time to reflect, get your house in order, review,brainstorm, organize and plan for whatever the future brings. 
"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 13, 2020, 02:27:25 PM »
Good time to reflect, get your house in order, review,brainstorm, organize and plan for whatever the future brings. 
"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
:beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #526 on: March 16, 2020, 10:19:03 AM »
Concacaf development director encouraged by club licensing efforts in T&T.
TTFA Media.

The recent Club Licensing Workshop hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association in collaboration with CONCACAF has been hailed by the confederation’s Director of Development Jason Roberts as it provides a platform to continue professionalising the game.

Roberts was in Trinidad last week along with CONCACAF head of professional football development Jonathan Martinez and Cristhian Tonelli, Professional football development supervisor at CONCACAF to meet with TTFA Director of club licensing and compliance Norris Ferguson, First Instance Body chairman Christophe Braithwaite prior to a workshop with clubs in the T&T Pro League and Super League.

“We are really excited about this club licensing workshop that we have in place here. I think a key role of ours is the continuing professionalisation of the game and providing access to this information around our new platform called Comet which allows a streamlining of the process,” Roberts told TTFA Media.

“Actually everything is online in a platform that can be accessed the member association, in this case the TTFA alongside Concacaf to ensure that all of our regulations, all our needs and specifications are met and this is something that we think can really help professionalise the game both from the club perspective and the member association. We had a good turn out today of clubs who are very much interested in learning an understanding the platform to ensure they give themselves a better opportunity to operate in a more professional way,” Roberts said.

“I’ve been very encouraged by the meeting that we had with the First Instance Body which is going to look at how exactly how we can implement the across the TTFA and make sure that they clubs are in a position to use this platform and streamline all processes both domestically and from our perspective regionally.

“I think it’s clear that we have a position to ensure that we give best practice scenarios and we work with our member associations to ensure that not only are the best practice models being highlighted and given the necessary inters but also to provide that chance to bring the stakeholders together.”

Roberts went onto say that it was indeed disappointing that clubs from T&T missed out on participating in regional club competitions for the past two years due to compliance failure.

“What we have done today bringing the clubs together alongside the TTFA along with our professional football development team has allowed all of those things to happen. I think it is a shame for any of our member associations to not be part, not be eligible for our competitions and we have seen that unfortunately here in Trinidad and Tobago. I think what is absolutely is important here is that our role is to give access to all of our member associations .

“We understand that the club game is vitally important to providing a platform to develop players regionally an from a club perspective and from a member association perspective. We have seen a lot of the players develop through the club system benefit greatly from the national platform,” he said.

Looking ahead to the slate of upcoming CONCACAF Competitions, Roberts said it was important to also place emphasis on development with positive results in mind.

“I think it is an exciting agenda of games coming up for the TTFA. Sometimes it is very difficult to just focus on results when there is so much development going on. Of course as football watchers and football lovers you look to the pitch first and foremost to see the barometer of success. But I think it is going to be about how the results come about, the style of play, putting in place something that is sustainable and able to be continued.

“I think that the additional resources being put into the club game with the Concacaf league, the Shield, the Concacaf League etc has really followed on from that One Concacaf focus that we have whether that be the Nations League increasing the opportunities for more competitions across the region.

“It’s all about the holistic growth that has been put in place by the President Victor Montagliani . I think he has a real vision to ensure that all our member associations can really improve on the pitch. I think that is only through competition and playing games that you are going to develop. We are in a absolutely fantastic time in our growth here at Concacaf to ensure that across the board we are improving not only on the pitch but in infrastructure and other ways which is part of why we are here today with this club licensing workshop,” Roberts said.

TTFA Club licensing director Ferguson presented a rundown on the workshop and the various areas that were in focus.

The overall aim of Club Licensing is to raise the level of Club Football, with four main goals developed:

1. Understand and safeguard Club football.
2. Raise the level of professionalism in Club football Administration.
3. Identify and share best practices of our Clubs and Leagues.
4. Formalize requirements for participation in domestic and regional competitions.   

The rationale for developing those goals was based on the mandate given by Concacaf for Clubs required to participate in the domestic competitions in TTFA, and regional competitions of Concacaf.

In that regard, Concacaf  identified some criteria for participation in the respective competitions:

• Administration
• Sporting
• Infrastructure
• Financial
• Legal

Administration

• General Club Information (Club name, Type of Club, Club Address, Phone number and email address. These are mandatory, but Concacaf will also appreciate receiving any more information on the Club to build the data base).
• Club Personnel (Position, Full name, phone number, email address and start date. These are mandatory and may also require applicable documentation to confirm the information stated.

Sporting

• Youth Team Categories (Youth team, Head Coach, Team Roster)
• Youth Development – Youth programme philosophy and objectives)
• Women’s Football (Active Teams and Overview of programmes)
• Insurance and Medical (First Team Players – Annual Medical Examination, First Team players – Insurance policy)

Infrastructure

Stadium – Overview (Home Stadium, Stadium address, Stadium capacity, Stadium – Proof of Ownership or Agreement)
Stadium – Field of play, Equipment and seating – length and width of field, type of playing surface, is the stadium football specific and several questions relative to the stadium. The list is extensive and unless you really need it, will not bother to go into all the categories.

Financial

• Club Budget (Upcoming season)
• Club Audited financials (previous season)
• Club Income
• Club Expenses

Legal

• Club Statutes
• Club control mechanisms and Ownership Structure
• Annual General meeting date
• Club Legal declaration
• Anti-racism protocol – Declaration of Implementation

“In the circumstances, the workshop was arranged to update those who were already exposed to the fundamentals required, and to make the new participants aware of what is the desirable outcome,” Ferguson stated.

“Therefore, it is my fervent desire that all Clubs are sensitized and willing to go the distance to make their Club operation professional, with the aim of participating in Concacaf Club competitions.”

Video - Concacaf Director of Development Jason Roberts on football development in Trinidad and Tobago

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 17, 2020, 02:43:45 PM »
https://wired868.com/2020/03/17/fifa-appoints-normalisation-committee-in-tt-wallace-and-vps-removed-after-three-months/

When elections were due, I remember saying, anyone running for TTFA prez. has to lots of money or being back by individuals with lots of money.
The debt is not William Wallace fault. The problem is the promises he made before the elections did not come to fruition.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 17, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »
https://wired868.com/2020/03/17/fifa-appoints-normalisation-committee-in-tt-wallace-and-vps-removed-after-three-months/

Fifa president Gianni Infantino and Concacaf president Victor Montagliani were both supported by John-Williams en route to office and were regular visitors to Trinidad over the past four years.

At a press conference two weeks ago, Wallace revealed that Montagliani admitted to attempting to help John-Williams win the last TTFA election by writing Nike to poke holes in a pre-election promise of Wallace.

Montagliani’s infamous Nike letter failed to sway voters who elected Wallace as president on 24 November 2019. But now Fifa and Concacaf have removed him anyway
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 17, 2020, 07:18:35 PM »

Fifa president Gianni Infantino and Concacaf president Victor Montagliani were both supported by John-Williams en route to office and were regular visitors to Trinidad over the past four years.

At a press conference two weeks ago, Wallace revealed that Montagliani admitted to attempting to help John-Williams win the last TTFA election by writing Nike to poke holes in a pre-election promise of Wallace.

Montagliani’s infamous Nike letter failed to sway voters who elected Wallace as president on 24 November 2019. But now Fifa and Concacaf have removed him anyway

Got my question answered here...this reeks of corruption

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA reveals $50M debt-eradication proposal
« Reply #531 on: March 21, 2020, 11:14:42 AM »
TTFA reveals $50M debt-eradication proposal
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Ramesh Ramdhan, the T&T Football Association (TTFA) general secretary, has sought to verify why the actions of the FIFA to send a Normalisation Committee to govern T&T football was done without merit or logic.

In a series of letters to-and-from the world governing body earlier this year, the former World Cup referee, on behalf of the embattled football administration, revealed on Friday that his administration had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for a multi-billion dollar state-of-the-art football, residential and sporting facility that would have transformed the Arima community.

He said it would have been his administration’s debt-eradication project. It was to be built on the under-utilised Arima Velodrome facility, situated in the heart of the eastern city.

According to Ramdhan, the facility was set to include a sporting ground for local, regional and international matches, a living quarters that would have been put out to the public for sale, and a business centre, all of which he said was communicated to the FIFA/CONCACAF three-member team that conduced a financial audit in February as part of their means to clear existing TTFA debt.

"They were told of the purpose of the facility and were even given a copy of the agreement," Ramdhan noted.

The project was to be done by international architect firm Lavender of the UK, a world renown company in architecture and the builders of the World Cup stadium in Qatar.

Ramdhan, who was one of two TTFA officials to have signed the MOU, said the project was being done in collaboration with the Arima Borough Corporation and work was scheduled to begin later this year.

"Official of the company- Lavender, were expected to be in T&T on April 14 to hold talks with Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and other members of his government, as well as officials of the Arima Borough Corporation. The TTFA was expected to benefit handsomely from this project in terms of finance and it would have been used to clear the existing $50 million debt of the TTFA."

Apart from its location, the facility was set to allow residents with the luxury of watching international matches from the comfort of their homes on the upper fourth floor, while also enable them with the ease of conducting business by walking two stories below them, as was done in Qatar.

On Tuesday, FIFA took a decision to send a normalisation committee after it felt the football association’s financial position was near insolvency, although the TTFA tried to convinced FIFA that they were set to wipe clean the debt through the Lavender project. They (TTFA) also sought to show FIFA that it would have put the country’s football on stable footing.

Because of FIFA's decision, the TTFA has since agreed to challenge it through the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS). It has also called on its members in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) to support them with a united voice that would reject injustice by the world governing body for football while showing the powerful contribution it has in world football.

FIFA, in a letter, written to TTFA on January 13, said: "In light of the significant amount of outstanding debt the T&T Football Association has had in the past with third-party suppliers, the FIFA administration would like to follow up on the current status of those debts. It is important to highlight that assets financed by the FIFA Forward Programme cannot be, under any circumstances, mortgaged. The FIFA Member Associations Division is fully committed and available to support your member association in every necessary aspect in order to achieve a positive outcome."

However, in an immediate response, Ramdhan said during a visit by the Development Manager it was discovered that funds intended for other areas were used on the now controversial Home of Football which resulted in the football association’s failure to meet its day-to-day expenses, particularly salaries for staff during the Christmas holidays.

It stated also that presently the outstanding balance owed in relation to the Home of Football is approximately $2 million, while the amount confirmed in debt is $38,782, 826.31. It was explained that others payable are $15,211,861.50, while to be determined was a $25 million which represents the Jack Warner which is before the courts and the Sheldon Phillip matter which was withdrawn by the TTFA following its election victory on November 24.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 21, 2020, 11:46:26 PM »
I don't know how this man can take anybody to court for HIS money.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/feb/16/ttff-jack-warner-haiti-funds

Then again Abu did it. Why not Ali Babba.

Maybe everybody in prison should sue the state for not helping dey parents raise dem proper. 

Oh well.I ain't no Judge.

add: as for that Walkes contract. I have suspicions there. He knows the going rate for Football TD's. I believe around CAD 75-85 K/year + benefits based on experience in our region . I might be wrong. Correction required.

"In her decision, Charles held that Walkes was entitled to US$65,000 for several months of the contract, from March 2015, when it was signed, to April 2016.

She also said he was owed US$250,000 for April 2016 to March 2018, when the contract would have ended and that he had the option to extend the contract for another three-year term so he was entitled to compensation for it.

His compensation package was US$10,000 a month and a US$3,000 housing allowance.."
I guessing 65k x12=USD 780 k + 250 K +312 k=1,342 k = ~5.4 TT at the time... ??? ???

Is that 125k + 120 k + 36 k = US 281 K/year. If I'm not wrong, that's robbing the blind. I feel my calcs wrong.

Story. I shame to say : I see a pardna take money from a vagrant . I had to buff and carry on and he say is joke. The man come to the car window. He tell the madman, "Gimme a lil something. Hell, i always giving you". The man bow he head and hand over the crumpled up dollars he had in his hand. And he drive off.
Well I cuss so much he stop by a church so I could cool down. REALLY !  On the way back we stop at the light. he give back the money to the man - saying 'yuh see' - and tell me let we hit some beers. I say hold on, and I give the man a blue note. He say wha yuh do that for. I tell him that was the money to pay for beers, i going home. Well,he say how i get so chupid and sensitive, how I doh understand the country. I feel he still vex with me, 10 years later. Bro, I dun forgive yuh, if yuh reading this.
Joke for lil boy is death for crapaud. but christ we not lil boys no more. Maybe I 'Wrong Again'.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:39:09 AM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 22, 2020, 02:15:15 AM »
I don't know how this man can take anybody to court for HIS money.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/feb/16/ttff-jack-warner-haiti-funds

Then again Abu did it. Why not Ali Babba.

Maybe everybody in prison should sue the state for not helping dey parents raise dem proper. 

Oh well.I ain't no Judge.

add: as for that Walkes contract. I have suspicions there. He knows the going rate for Football TD's. I believe around CAD 75-85 K/year + benefits based on experience in our region . I might be wrong. Correction required.

"In her decision, Charles held that Walkes was entitled to US$65,000 for several months of the contract, from March 2015, when it was signed, to April 2016.

She also said he was owed US$250,000 for April 2016 to March 2018, when the contract would have ended and that he had the option to extend the contract for another three-year term so he was entitled to compensation for it.

His compensation package was US$10,000 a month and a US$3,000 housing allowance.."
I guessing 65k x12=USD 780 k + 250 K +312 k=1,342 k = ~5.4 TT at the time... ??? ???

Is that 125k + 120 k + 36 k = US 281 K/year. If I'm not wrong, that's robbing the blind. I feel my calcs wrong.

Story. I shame to say : I see a pardna take money from a vagrant . I had to buff and carry on and he say is joke. The man come to the car window. He tell the madman, "Gimme a lil something. Hell, i always giving you". The man bow he head and hand over the crumpled up dollars he had in his hand. And he drive off.
Well I cuss so much he stop by a church so I could cool down. REALLY !  On the way back we stop at the light. he give back the money to the man - saying 'yuh see' - and tell me let we hit some beers. I say hold on, and I give the man a blue note. He say wha yuh do that for. I tell him that was the money to pay for beers, i going home. Well,he say how i get so chupid and sensitive, how I doh understand the country. I feel he still vex with me, 10 years later. Bro, I dun forgive yuh, if yuh reading this.
Joke for lil boy is death for crapaud. but christ we not lil boys no more. Maybe I 'Wrong Again'.

5.4?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arima Mayor dispels TTFA $50M debt plan
« Reply #535 on: March 22, 2020, 06:11:36 PM »
Arima Mayor dispels TTFA $50M debt plan
T&T Guardian

Another announcement of a partnership by the T&T Football Association (TTFA) with an expectation to help erase the public-touted TT$50 million debt was dismissed by the office of the Arima Borough Corporation (ABC) via a media release dated March 21.

On Saturday, the Guardian newspaper reported exclusively that the TTFA had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for a multi-billion dollar state-of-the-art football, residential and sporting facility with a UK Company that would have transformed the Arima community.

The publication followed a the decision on March 17, by the world governing body FIFA to send a Normalisation Committee to govern T&T football. TTFA general secretary Ramesh Ramdhan attempted to show the public the plans that his organisation had put in place and shared with FIFA to deal with the challenges that it faces saying FIFA’s decision was done without merit or logic.

On Friday, Ramdhan, a former World Cup referee revealed that in January there was a series of letters that were exchanged between the TTFA and FIFA, one of which the embattled football administration had signed was an MOU for a multi-billion dollar state-of-the-art football, residential and sporting facility that would have transformed the Arima community.

He said it would have been his administration’s debt-eradication project. It was to be built on the under-utilised Arima Velodrome facility, situated in the heart of the eastern city.

Nevertheless, FIFA still sent a three-member finance audit committee to examine the TTFA accounts between February 26-28, following a High court garnishee order on February 13 by a former employee Kendall Walkes.

According to Ramdhan, the facility was set to include a sporting ground for local, regional and international matches, a living quarters that would have been put out to the public for sale, and a business centre, all of which he said was communicated to the FIFA/CONCACAF three-member team that conducted a financial audit in February as part of their means to clear existing TTFA debt.

“They were told of the purpose of the facility and were even given a copy of the agreement,” Ramdhan noted.

On March 4, at a news conference to announce what the new executive has done 100 days in office, president William Wallace announced that the TTFA had a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to treat with the TT$50 million debt in two to three years time. He did not name the company or partner.

Arima Mayor response to TTFA’s MOU claim

The project was to be done by international architect firm Lavender of the UK, a world-renown company in architecture and the builders of the World Cup stadium in Qatar.

Ramdhan, who was one of two TTFA officials to have signed the MOU, said the project was being done in collaboration with the Arima Borough Corporation and work was scheduled to begin later this year.

However, when contacted the Mayor for Arima Her Worship the Mayor, Councillor Lisa Morris-Julian responded with a media release which reads:

“The Arima Borough Corporation (ABC) would like to address statements by the Mr Ramesh Ramdhan, General Secretary of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association in the article TTFA reveals $50M debt-eradication proposal published in the Trinidad Guardian on Saturday 21st March 2020. The ABC wishes to state that the Corporation was not a signatory to a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) regarding the proposed sporting facility in Arima.

In January 2020, officials from the TTFA paid a courtesy visit to the office of Her Worship the Mayor, Councillor Lisa Morris-Julian with the stated proposal for the football, residential and sporting facility. TTFA indicated that their international developers intended to visit a site that can accommodate their plans and that the Arima Velodrome seemed suitable.

The officials of TTFA were thanked for the consideration of the project in the Arima Borough, however, further into the discussions, several points were specified to the TTFA officials:

• A project of the magnitude must be approved by the Cabinet before proceeding with any further discussions;

• There must be consultation with Stakeholders and burgesses of the Arima Borough;

• The construction would have significant disruptions for the burgesses and businesses in Arima.

Following this, the officials of the TTFA stated that they were making arrangements for a formal proposal. To this date, nothing was forthcoming to council.”

TTFA letter to Mosengo-Omba to erase the debt

On January 23, a few days after the meeting with the Arima Mayor the TTFA wrote Veron Mosengo-Omba, the Chief Member Association Officer: “The current administration has a plan to deal with the debts inherited and we intend to meet and discuss this with our creditors. It is our intention to acknowledge the debts and if necessary give letters of comfort to avoid the courts of Trinidad and Tobago. We have already signed a Memorandum of Understanding with a foreign company for a project in Trinidad that would factor in a debt of fifty million dollars incorporated in the overall cost of the project to satisfy the debt. Officials of the said company will be visiting Trinidad in a couple of weeks to discuss this public-private partnership with the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.”

Ramdhan revealed in Saturday’s article that: “Official of the company—Lavender, were expected to be in T&T on April 14 to hold talks with Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and other members of his government, as well as officials of the Arima Borough Corporation. The TTFA was expected to benefit handsomely from this project in terms of finance and it would have been used to clear the existing $50 million debt of the TTFA.”

However, when Guardian Media Sports reached to several Board members about the project on Saturday they said that were not aware of such a plan or project by the TTFA.

Brent Sancho, the acting Chairman of T&T Pro League said he heard of a plan to address the debt but it was not discussed or approved by the Board. Richard Quan Chan, a very experienced board member also said he was not aware of the project. Two other board members who did not want to be named, one said, “I don’t know nothing about that.” and the other said “No comment.”

Before the TTFA letter on January 23, the FIFA, in a letter to the TTFA on January 13, stated: “In light of the significant amount of outstanding debt the T&T Football Association has had in the past with third-party suppliers, the FIFA administration would like to follow up on the current status of those debts. It is important to highlight that assets financed by the FIFA Forward Programme cannot be, under any circumstances, mortgaged. The FIFA Member Associations Division is fully committed and available to support your member association in every necessary aspect in order to achieve a positive outcome.”

TTFA owing Warner, Phillips TT$25M

In response, Ramdhan said, “During a visit by the Development Manager it was discovered that funds intended for other areas were used on the now controversial Home of Football which resulted in the football association’s failure to meet its day-to-day expenses, particularly salaries for staff during the Christmas. Presently the outstanding balance owed in relation to the Home of Football is approximately $2 million, while the amount confirmed in debt is $38,782, 826.31. It was explained that others payable are $15,211,861.50, while to be determined was a $25 million which represents two (2) matters which are before the courts re: Jack Warner and Sheldon Phillips. These figures can change dramatically based on the current trend.”

In November 2019, at the launch of his TTFA presidency, William Wallace announced a list of prospective sponsors that were to inject an estimated TT$30 million into the TTFA once he became successful. Among them were American sporting goods giant Nike and local the contractor the Junior Sammy Group of Companies. Both deals have fallen through.

On March 3, the TTFA also announced a partnership worth TT$1.5 million with Caribbean Chemicals Limited, however, two days after FIFA announced that it has decided to send in a normalisation committee to run T&T football the company cancelled the arrangement.

On Tuesday, FIFA decided to send a normalisation committee after it felt the football association’s financial position was near insolvency, although the TTFA tried to convinced FIFA that they were set to wipe clean the debt through the Lavender project. They (TTFA) also sought to show FIFA that it would have put the country’s football on a stable footing.

A day after FIFA’s decision, the TTFA president Wallace announced that the association will challenge FIFA’s decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). FIFA was given until today to respond to the TTFA.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:16:51 PM by Tallman »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2020, 01:05:15 AM »
these fellas moving way too sloppy and need to cross their T's and dot their I's, and try not to leave room open to getting their wings clipped.

they must remember trinidad is a very money hungry country and everyone has a price tag on their back, it wouldn't hurt them none to take a big money bribe even if it means hurting the country's interest, because it's quite obvious that trinidadians save a few are mainly on the take, and the right thing is now a thing of the past.

mr wallace please stop making up stories and start telling the truth. the big fat fella catch yuh in many misrepresentations, particularly the nike fiasco. please sir be a straight shooter and stop making up stories. trinidadians is very good at exposing lies. you've been warned.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #537 on: March 25, 2020, 06:00:55 AM »
Police investigating missing football equipment.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

There are reports that two pieces of equipment, valued at approximately $120, 400 have gone missing from the controversial Home of Football in Balmain, Couva. And it is now gaining the attention of the T&T Police Service which is headed by Police Commissioner Gary Griffith, the General Secretary of T&T Football Association Ramesh Ramdhan said on Tuesday.

The equipment appeared to have gone missing just before November 24, 2019, Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Elections of the TTFA at the Home of Football.

Ramdhan revealed that he made the report on March 10 and followed it up with a conversation with Griffith, who promised that the matter will be investigated.

According to the former World Cup referee, he can think about no one else who can take the equipment than those who were there before his administration, noting that despite having a security presence at the Home of Football, thieves still made away with the equipment which was bought in the name of the T&T Football Association. “The money that was used to purchase the equipment came from the FIFA Forward Project, and it is said to be worth much more than the amount stated on an invoice in my possession,” Ramdhan explained.

Contacted on Tuesday John-Williams said he had no comment on the matter, while calls to the cell phone of the Police Commissioner -Griffith, went unanswered.

Guardian Media Sports learnt recently that John-Williams filed a report with the police on the claim of alleged fraud against a former employee of the embattled football association. It is said the employee took legal actions against his employers for wrongful dismissal a few years ago, but in his attempt to justify the amount he was being paid in court, gave a false statement (wrong amount) which John-Williams believed should have been challenged for fraud.

Ramdhan and his team which comprised president William Wallace and his vice presidents Clynt Taylor, Sam Phillip and Susan Joseph-Warrick, convincingly defeated former president David John-Williams and his team at the AGM of November 24, with Wallace getting the nod over his John-Williams 26-20 for the post of presidency.

He said since then the world governing body for the sport - FIFA, has decided to send a Normalisation Committee to manage the affairs of local football, a decision that is being challenged through the Court of Arbitration for Sports.

Ramdhan said Wallace and the TTFA believe FIFA's decision to remove the duly elected officers from office was done without merit and or logic.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA, Lavender seek Arima meeting with PM Rowley
« Reply #538 on: March 28, 2020, 08:25:06 PM »
TTFA, Lavender seek Arima meeting with PM Rowley
By Keith Clement (T&T Guardian)

Despite several concerns raised by members of the former board of directors, a disclaimer issued by the Arima Mayor and a non-acceptance by FIFA, agents of former T&T Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace appears to be still pursuing the acquisition of the Arima Multi-purpose Sports Facility.

The request for the utilisation of the facility was by John Mitchell, CEO of Lavender Consultants Ltd (LAVCON), on behalf of the TTFA in a letter to Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley on March 26.

The plan to utilise the facility, in a partnership with the Arima Borough Corporation and UK Consultants Ltd, was exclusively reported in the T&T Guardian on March 21 and 23. At the time, it was touted as part of the TTFA's plan to help erase its inherited TT$50 million debt.

However, less than 24 hours after Guardian published the March 21 story, Arima Mayor Lisa Morris-Julian distanced the corporation from any partnership with the TTFA and UK Consultants or agreeing to any Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for a multi-billion dollar state-of-the-art football, residential and sporting facility in Arima.

But even as FIFA has set up a Normalisation Committee to reorganise the TTFA's operations, LAVCON, in the letter to the PM on March 26, which Guardian Media Sports has seen, made a request to develop property within the borough and outlined the following:

"LAVCON has been in discussion with TTFA marketing director Peter Miller through general secretary Ramesh Ramdhan, regarding the potential of the project for some time. As a consequence, it has been agreed that the parties hereto require a general agreement in order to progress the project with TTFA. Accordingly, general secretary Mr Ramdhan has since signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on behalf of the TTFA, with LAVCON. It was also agreed that confidential information disclosed to each other in the course of the ongoing negotiations remains confidential and is not to be used by the parties for any purpose other than the permitted purpose.

Notwithstanding recent developments between FIFA and the TTFA and the inadvertent release of confidential information into the public domain, LAVCON hereto remains committed to continuing the discussions with all stakeholders with a view to making this project a reality in the beneficial interest of the citizens of Arima and the people of T&T in general.

LAVCON is proposing to undertake its pre-work on the project’s overall development capability, including the funding options that should enable it to cover the cost of each of the specific development categories. In regards to the overall development, it is understood by LAVCON that the TTFA shall look to introduce LAVCON to any prospective party that could assist the Project and whereby LAVCON will explore all the development options in readiness of formally looking to enter into an overall development contract. This would include, but not be limited to the following:

(i) A re-vamped stadium that would consist of a new stand for between 5,000 to 7,500 seats, plus a further 10,000 to 12,500 seating area with no roof cover. LAVCON would look to re-lay the actual playing field (either grass or 4G synthetic field);

(ii) Commercially, and to be included as part of the new stand, would be 2 end blocks that would be developed to include shops, offices, hotel, casino, restaurants etc;

(iii) An independent and modern medical consultant and treatment facility that would be used by paying customers that live on the island;

(iv) A housing development opportunity on the land surrounding most of the new stadium. It is understood this would be a mixed development ranging from 1/2 Bedroom Apartments through to 3/4 Bedroom Houses and requires specific attention to qualify the mixed housing requirement;

(v) As part of the overall development, LAVCON has agreed to include a fee to TTFA of TT$50 million. The fee would be paid in four equal amounts of TT$12,500M over the development period as follows:

- The first payment would be made one month after the development work had commenced. The second and third payments would be made on dates to be determined during the development period as agreed with TTFA. The last payment would be paid within one month of all the development work being completed.

- Fee payments would be made by the Special Purpose Vehicle company (SPV) that is set up by LAVCON to the specific account of TTFA, the details of which is to be provided to LAVCON by TTFA.

In Guardian Media's March 23 article on the issue, headlined — Arima Mayor dispels TTFA $50M debt plan — several former TTFA board members said they were not aware of such a plan or project by the TTFA.

Acting T&T Pro League chairman Brent Sancho said then he heard of a plan to address the debt but it was not discussed or approved by the board. Richard Quan Chan, a very experienced board member, also said he was not aware of the project. Two other board members who did not want to be named were also approached and one of them said they had no knowledge of the plan while the other refused to comment.

However, after seeing the letter to the PM, Guardian Media reached out to Sancho and asked him if Peter Miller had been appointed by the board of directors to TTFA marketing director position. His response was, "No, that name never came to the board and it was never discussed."

Asked who is the TTFA's current marketing director he said, "As far as I am aware, no one."

Guardian Media Sports has also seen two letters dated earlier this month in which Sancho wrote to Wallace seeking information on contracts for coaches, businesses contracts and a qualified opinion position on the Home of Football in Couva.

Sancho also noted to Wallace the issue of item 14 of Justice Ronnie Boodoosingh's judgement on June 6, 2019, in relation to a legal challenge by former director Keith Look Loy against the David John-Williams-led administration seeking information which he felt was hidden from him.

Boodoosingh's judgement stated: "The next matter that is for determination is whether the Claimant would be entitled to the documents in question. The answer to this, in my view, is an unequivocal yes. First, he is the director; he has to be provided with the information concerning the running of the organisation. This is patent and really needs no authority in support. Given the functions of a director under the law and under the incorporating statute a director must be entitled to be provided with all of the information concerning the affairs of the association. He has obligations as well as potential liabilities and must, therefore, know the true position so that he can properly perform his functions. Without information of the kind he seeks, he cannot properly perform his duties. In particular, I would refer to the request at this stage that he has made."

Sancho revealed that up to March 17 when FIFA had sent notice to the TTFA announcing it was sending a Normalisation Committee to govern T&T football, he had not got the information requested from Wallace.

A source close to the TTFA revealed that the Lavender/TTFA MOU for a multi-billion dollar sporting facility in the Arima community, which was communicated via letter to Veron Mosengo-Omba, Chief Member Association Officer of FIFA, on January 23 as a plan to erase the $50M TTFA debt, along with the High court garnishee order on February 13 by a former employee Kendall Walkes, were the main reasons FIFA/CONCACAF sent a three-member finance audit committee to examine the TTFA accounts and contracts in February.

Miller, who is said to be a close associate of Super League president and TTFA board member Keith Look Loy and T&T senior team men's team head coach Terry Fenwick and Ramdhan, was CEO of the defunct Football Company of T&T for the 2010 World Cup and had stints with W Connection and CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh. He hit the headlines in the UK following his resignation as a board director from Port Vale, after his promise that he could bring new investors to the club apparently failed. Former national players Anthony Rougier and Chris Birchall are former players of Port Vale.

Miller is understood to be an associate of Lavendar Consulting principal John Mitchell, who himself was found guilty in 2007 of various charges by the English FA of rule breaches concerning agents while he was a board director of Luton Town.

Meanwhile, on Friday, FIFA appointed businessman Robert Hadad as chairman of the TTFA Normalisation Committee, with lawyer Judy Daniel as deputy chairman and retired banker Nigel Romano as members with immediate effect and said two other members will be named in the coming days.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 28, 2020, 09:00:26 PM »
I really don't get this New Project. Why not work with, finish, complete what y'all have, with whatever finance that can be raised. We go just go out and build another structure. We don't have enough structures just sitting doing nothing. Especially at this time when there is nothing, and I mean nothing.    :frustrated: ???

Is a make wuk to move funds or what.  Lawd..This is another Tarouba elephant or Arima Tigers fiasco.

We playing Sim City, click ah mouse and poof, building going up.   :bs:
This is nonsensical to be talking about now, given the current world and FIFA situation.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:06:51 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>