March 28, 2024, 07:21:28 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (15-Nov-2014)  (Read 15255 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (15-Nov-2014)
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »
Men's Caribbean Cup 2014 Finals Group B
№    
Team
2    Jamaica    4
3    Antigua & Barbuda    1
4    Martinique    1

daiz what d next group lookin like with jam to play haiti......highly unlikely dem goin and try to draw......d pace of dat game could work in we favour
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2014, 09:45:33 PM »
don't matter who we play in the final. We will have to play the best game to win the tournament and whoever wins Group B would be the best team in that group so there is no 'easier' team. Get that 'work out in our favor' nonsense out of allyuh head.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2014, 09:47:36 PM »
I'll say it again...Angus Eve is a horrible commentator.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2014, 09:48:53 PM »
Women's - a Caribbean Champions-now up to the men's team to match that- end of story.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »
Sando  ur point is well taken ......   we still have a final  to play  so with that being said  ..i am almost certain   we'll see a  very different  approach or strategy come game day on  tuesday !!!   

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2014, 11:10:48 PM »
Congrats to the team on getting to the final. I think SH has been reading my posts as I suggested that he rest our best players for the final and go for a draw and he did exactly that.

I don't care how it looked, mission accomplished as we are thru to the Final on Tuesday.

Big up to the team, its all about getting positive results and executing the coach's plan.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:12:35 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2014, 02:18:49 AM »
To the team: congrats on making the final!!!  :applause: :applause: :applause: Mission accomplished.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2014, 02:24:55 AM »
As I hinted earlier, Cuba playing for a draw :-\. They want to make the gold cup... For all the defectors on the team  ;D

Defection is a motivator. Interesting thought that despite defections, Cuba continues to deliver an enterprising, attractive and commendable product on the field.

They have added a lot to the flavour of Caribbean Cups. Glad they are still around.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2014, 10:02:30 AM »
don't matter who we play in the final. We will have to play the best game to win the tournament and whoever wins Group B would be the best team in that group so there is no 'easier' team. Get that 'work out in our favor' nonsense out of allyuh head.

never said anyting bout d quality of the team son..........from a physical point of view we will most likely have more gas in d tank come tuesday Haiti and Jamaica mightn't have d luxury of playin for ah tame draw like we did................its just conjecture like what everybody else posing......on d day dem could come out fresh and firing same way
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2014, 12:09:16 PM »
JA needs a win against Haiti tonight in order to make the Final against T&T.
Cuba will play loser of tonight's JA vs Haiti game in the 3rd place play-off.

Link to watch full recordings of yesterday's Group A Matches French Guiana vs Curacao: 3 - 0 FT & T&T vs Cuba: 0 - 0 FT; CFU Caribbean Cup: November 15, 2014 on Livestream

On Tuesday T&T plays winner of tonight's Group B game Jamaica vs Haiti which will be live at this link for the 2014 Caribbean Cup title: CFU Caribbean Cup: November 16, 2014 on Livestream

Looks like T&T played our worse game of the tournament so far against Cuba and the coach Hart was not at all pleased or satisfied with how the team played but we are still thru to the Final with a draw and have a chance to redeem ourselves in the Final and play according to the coach's plan.

Through to the Final But Hart not pleased with performance versus Cuba
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/djkwJ8JbxGE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/djkwJ8JbxGE</a>

T&T drew 0-0 with Cuba to top Group A with seven points but Men's Senior Team head coach Stephen Hart isn't satisfied with his team's showing on the night in Montego Bay. There were eight changes from the team that defeated French Guiana and Curacao but Hart said he thought T&T should have been better in their final Group encounter - TTFA Media TV.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:22:10 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
I'll say it again...Angus Eve is a horrible commentator.
Why so?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2014, 12:50:10 PM »
^^ See the coach said he wanted the players to go out for the win and he is disappointed with their performance. So all this talk abut the players following his strategy is nonsense. I see posters in here saying the players played this game for a draw and played towards the coach tactics now we know that is not true. The team did not play well and we must improve in THIS tournament because against better teams in CONCACAF we will get f*cked !!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:01:36 PM by Sando prince »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2014, 01:21:13 PM »
Coach Hart could have cost us di  Caribbean  cup final. no reason why our left back should have stayed in dat game for more than 20 minutes.  Cuba on the other hand coaching staff  was pathetic. They should have call all there runs on our left plank.. If this guy could play proffesional football I comming outta retirement. This is the wurst display of football I have ever seen by a player wearing my national colours.
warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
it was a tough game to watch because we really didn't express ourselves and made some poor decisions in particular defensively. The ref let us off the hook a couple times too. But 3 games in 6 days is not the normal recovery period even for a small tournament so i just glad we pulled it off. But this was probably our weakest team fielded for the tournament, with key players getting a breather so i expect a better show for the final.

I understand what the CFU was trying to do but maybe stretching the final tournament over 2 international breaks would have been a better option but all in hindsight i guess.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2014, 03:39:41 PM »
Warmonga  with all due respect  ,  you mentioned how coach  hart could have cost us  the game  against cuba yesterday ..!!  why is that in your opinion? ....... keep in mind  its a team of 23 players chosen to represent,  and all should be eager and ready to step unto that field when called to do so  ... they are all profressionals and should perform as such ..... don't you think ?    in any event we are  in the  finals  and  i would hope every man jack pull up their socks  come tuesday  and don't think which ever team they come against will just hand the cup  to them  , every player  on   de warriors  team must come up big on game day.... On a side note i do believe they are  aware of that,!!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »
Warmonga  with all due respect  ,  you mentioned how coach  hart could have cost us  the game  against cuba yesterday ..!!  why is that in your opinion? ....... keep in mind  its a team of 23 players chosen to represent,  and all should be eager and ready to step unto that field when called to do so  ... they are all profressionals and should perform as such ..... don't you think ?    in any event we are  in the  finals  and  i would hope every man jack pull up their socks  come tuesday  and don't think which ever team they come against will just hand the cup  to them  , every player  on   de warriors  team must come up big on game day.... On a side note i do believe they are  aware of that,!!

why I came to dat conclusion is because every single touch by our left back was off. I saw one moment he sent the ball back to di middle of our box. If cuba had attack down our left plank I see no reason why they should have not scored. Basically TNT was playing with ten man for 60+ minutes. I see under no condition mr hart gaving this player a chance to play for di national team unless a change of position for him. He could not eveen tap di ball.. yes tap di ball wid his left foot.  I am not kidding I aint never seen a player dat bad in my entire life representing TNT. He will be like di 2nd wurst player I have ever seen. The wurst was di women Goal keeper for martinique in the cup dat was just concluded here in di USA.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »
 Thanks your concerns  are  well taken , .........  that being  said .. ...... the fact  remains the players  selected by our coach  stephen hart ( all 23 ) team players  were chosen to step into a game situation  and to bring  their A  game ... that clearly wasn't the case yesterday ..!!   they are  all professionals  and should  play as such.... as the coach openly   stated he was  not happy with the performance .......

1]; } ?>