March 28, 2024, 05:13:05 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the Costa Rica WNT vs T&T WNT Game (24-Oct-2014)  (Read 23079 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Thread for the Costa Rica WNT vs T&T WNT Game (24-Oct-2014)
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the Costa Rica WNT vs T&T WNT 2014 CONCACAF Women's Championship semi-final/2015 World Cup Qualifiers game at PPL Park, Chester, PA 4:30 PM EDT on the 24th of October 2014 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

Ticket Info for PPL Park

Possible Online Streams.

CONCACAF Gamecast

Foxsoccer2go.com

Possible TV Station.

FOX Sports 2

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Kimika Forbes, Tinesha Palmer.

Defenders

Ayanna Russell, Rhea Belgrave, Arin King, Liana Hinds, Brianna Ryce, Khadisha Debessette, Lauren Hutchinson, Patrice Superville.

Midfielders

Khadidra Debessette, Maylee Attin Johnson, Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes, Anique Walker.

Forwards

Mariah Shade, Dernelle Mascall, Tasha St Louis, Ahkeela Mollon, Kennya Cordner.

Coach - Randy Waldrum.

Costa Rica Squad

GOALKEEPERS

Dinnia Díaz, Yirlania Arroyo   

DEFENDERS

Gabriela Guillén, Mariam Ugalde, Diana Sáenz, Carol Sánchez, Daniela Cruz, Noelia Bermúdez, Yesmi Rodríguez, Fabiola Sánchez

MIDFIELDERS

Mariana Benavides, Gloriana Villalobos, Shirley Cruz Traña, Lixy Rodríguez, Cristin Granados, Katherine Alvarado

FORWARDS

Carolina Venegas, Raquel Rodríguez, Daphnne Herrera, Wendy Acosta

COACH - Carlos Avedissian

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:08:04 PM by E-man »

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Costa Rica WNT vs T&T WNT Game (24-Oct-2014)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:06:07 AM »
taking my family to this game
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 11:12:38 AM »
For those that are thinking of attending and still need info:

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/ppl-park/ppl-park-non-union-events-calendar

This is a double header with the other match, USA v Mexico after at 9:30 PM EDT.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:16:11 AM by E-man »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 11:42:22 AM »

Soca women, T&T is behind you!

T&T we want ah goal !

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
Warriors!!! We can do it ladies!!!
We can beat this team with some good tactical play and tight defense.
Finish as much as possible of those scoring opportunities on friday.
Let's go!!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »
Warriors!!! We can do it ladies!!!
We can beat this team with some good tactical play and tight defense.
Finish as much as possible of those scoring opportunities on friday.
Let's go!!!

That's why I wanted to see us play a little bit more vs Guatemala even Haiti to a certain extent. We will have to show well in this game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
Good luck Princesses!! You can do it!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 02:23:07 AM »
Good luck Princesses!! You can do it!!

Warrior princesses ...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 05:14:34 AM »
Number 9 Carolina Venegas for Costa Rica is poisionm he can dribble, pass, shoot and she quick. Arin King go have to bully she, but Arin have a yellow, she have to becareful to.

Cedeno and Acosta is good to.

Any Costa Rica players suspended or carrying yellows?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 07:42:51 AM »
Look nah  we already played the number one ranked team in the world and held our own- if we could put together the defensive end and have the offensive players take care ah business, we ought to be in good standing.

We have some big time players that have yet to light it up. This could be our break out game. Go Ladies Go !!!!! And done plan to quit work and be at all the games in Canada   Next year.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 08:49:38 AM »
The Costa Rica Women’s team is concerned about Trinidad & Tobago’s speed and physical strength. Kennya Cordner, Ahkeela Mollon, Arin King, and captain Maylee Attin-Johnson are identified as principal players. They even sent a strategist to spy on us during the recent Women’s Caribbean Cup.
http://www.nacion.com/deportes/futbol-internacional/Trinidad-peligroso-velocidad-fortaleza-fisica_0_1446855352.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:01 AM »
Number 9 Carolina Venegas for Costa Rica is poisionm he can dribble, pass, shoot and she quick. Arin King go have to bully she, but Arin have a yellow, she have to becareful to.

Cedeno and Acosta is good to.

Any Costa Rica players suspended or carrying yellows?

Cards don't carry over.  :yellowcard:  :bringiton:  to the next rounds  :nailbiting: :whew:

King doesn't bully 😜 however one better be looking over their shoulder when she is about to get tackled as one will end up on her a@@. Just ask Wambach  :challenge:

Go Soca Warrior Women Goooooooo !!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 09:13:38 AM »
Good luck Princesas! God Bless!

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 06:06:55 PM »
Exciting times for the women they deserve to be where they are. They rrepresent us well. Imagine what they can do with a Lil bit more preparation and pratice  games.  :beermug: we beating the lady ticos.
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 06:37:56 PM »
First up i want  wish  the  coaching and our young women warriors the best  in tomorrow's game....... we are behind each of you all the way...give it your level best..!!...... Also  i'm happy to point out that i've just finished reading an aricle with the coaching staff  making it absolutely clear to the team  to remain focus with the task at hand,  which is tomorrow's game amd not be distacted by anything  including  the finamcial incentive !!  the main goal is tomorrow's game...  again best wishes ladies god bless....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 07:13:13 PM »
First up i want  wish  the  coaching and our young women warriors the best  in tomorrow's game....... we are behind each of you all the way...give it your level best..!!...... Also  i'm happy to point out that i've just finished reading an aricle with the coaching staff  making it absolutely clear to the team  to remain focus with the task at hand,  which is tomorrow's game amd not be distacted by anything  including  the finamcial incentive !!  the main goal is tomorrow's game...  again best wishes ladies god bless....
Can we get link to that article you read, thanks?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 07:26:17 PM »
its @ trinidad and tobago  football federation

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »
Women set for strong challenge in semi-final clash with Costa Rica.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Spirits are high but the focus is real for T&T Women’s Team

That was the description of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women’s Team camp in Philadelphia coming from head coach Randy Waldrum on the eve of this country’s CONCACAF Semi-final round clash with Costa Rica on Friday at the Philadelphia’s PPL Park

Waldrum also expressed thanks to the Government of the Republic and the TTFA for the incentive announced to the squad as they continue to embark on qualification for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada.

The American-born head coach  said there have been improvements to injured players Tasha St Louis, Karyn Forbes, Janine Francois and Ayana Russell.

“I think the spirit is really high. The girls are focused and it’s been that way for all three games so far. I think they are confident but respectful of Costa Rica for sure,” Waldrum told TTFA Media.

He added that the team has improved with every match.

“I’m extremely pleased with the team’s performances. I think they were outstanding against the USA with playing the way I wanted them to. And then against Haiti they showed great resilience and fortitude to get the points with a player down and then we came out and did a great job against Guatemala. We’re not yet close to where I’ll like the team to be but we have gotten better with every game,” Waldrum added.

The former University of Notra Dame University coach pointed out that Petrotrin’s assistance with the training camp in Palo Seco and the TTFA’e efforts to get the team to Dallas for a short training camp ahead of the opening match against USA were vital to the team’s progress.

“I think it was huge, getting the team into Dallas a few days before the first match. And the TTFA, inspite of all the struggles, made the effort to get the team together for the camp. We couldn’t have done this without having the full squad together in such an environment.

We couldn’t have gotten the US-based players to return to Trinidad and so we felt it would be good to get everyone together in Dallas. I have to thank the Association for allowing it and a huge thanks to Petrotrin also for their beach camp and their assistance.”

Waldrum said he saw Anique Walker, Lianna Hinds and Brianna Ryce for the first time during the Dallas camp.

“I would have liked it for a bit longer but I understood we had to work with the resources the TTFA could provide and we’re grateful because it allowed me to see some of these players for the first time and really get them ready for the tournament,” Waldrum said.

In light of the announcement of the incentive by the Government, Waldrum expressed his delight but warned that the players have been told to keep their eye on the main prize.

“We’re all on cloud nine. Some of the girls found out before me and we’re all extremely thankful  and appreciative. I’d like to say special thanks to the Government, Petrotrin and the TTFA including President Tim Kee and Mr Phillips for their efforts and for recognizing what these ladies have done. This couldn’t have come at a better time

“But what I shared with the players last night is it we can pat ourselves a bit on the shoulder but we haven’t achieved anything yet. I challenged them not to lose focus because our goal is not done yet,” Waldrum concluded.

The winner of each semifinal match earns a chance to play for the regional crown in the Championship match, scheduled for 6 PM on Sunday, October 26, also at PPL Park. The semifinal losers will play off on Sunday at 3 PM, for the region’s final direct ticket to the Women’s World Cup.

In all, the CONCACAF Women’s Championship will qualify its top three finishers directly to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup, with the fourth-placed team earning the right to face Ecuador – South American qualifying’s fourth place finisher -- in a playoff later this year for an additional World Cup bid. As host of the Women’s World Cup 2015, Canada has already secured its place in next year’s tournament.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:01:04 AM by Flex »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »
But wait - in truth what's with Tasha St Louis?  She has been quiet -- two players who need to bust out St Louis and Mollon- now is the time- YES we CAN

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 01:47:26 AM »
Princesses seek World Cup spot in Concacaf battle with Costa Rica.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Top-ranked Caribbean and Central America teams, T&T and Costa Rica, will lock horns tonight in search of a place in the final of the Concacaf Women’s Championship, and more importantly, a spot at next year’s Fifa Women’s World Cup.

The teams will open a semifinal double-header at PPL Park, Chester, Pennsylvania, from 5.30 pm, before Group A winner, USA and Group B runner-up, Mexico, clash from 8.30 pm.

Tonight’s semifinal opens three opportunities for the local women, fondly dubbed the Soca Princesses, to secure their first ever spot at a Women’s World Cup. A win will guarantee that while a loss will mean T&T will try again in Sunday’s third place playoff.

The winner of the third place match will also qualify for the World Cup, while the loser will earn a “half spot” in a two-match intercontinental playoff against Comnebol’s Ecuador for the final qualifying spot between the two confederations.

But coach Randy Waldrum and his charges would be keen to see his team secure that much desired World Cup berth in one go.

“I think the spirit is really high. The girls are focused and it’s been that way for all three games so far. I think they are confident but respectful of Costa Rica for sure,” he said ahead of tonight’s fixture.

“I’m extremely pleased with the team’s performances. I think they were outstanding against the USA with playing the way I wanted them to. And then against Haiti, they showed great resilience and fortitude to get the points with a player down and then we came out and did a great job against Guatemala. We’re not yet close to where I’ll like the team to be but we have gotten better with every game,” Waldrum added.

Tonight, T&T, which advanced from a runner-up finish in Group B with one loss (1-0 to the USA) and two wins (1-0 to Haiti and 2-1 to Guatemala), will match up against a Costa Rica team which has scored three times more goals—nine, and has conceded two after three straight wins, one of which was against Mexico.

Like T&T, Costa Rica was a cut above the rest in its qualifying tournament. The team won each of its matches prior to the Concacaf event, including a 3-0 victory over host team Guatemala in playoff/final.

And, while Costa Rica has proven to be a tactically sound team, it has its own reservations regarding T&T. The team’s technical assistant, an observer in T&T’s prior matches, admitted T&T’s strength and speed and quality in the likes of forward Kennya Cordner, newly converted winger, Ahkeela Mollon, and captain Maylee Attin Johnson could be a problem.

“Trinidad is similar to Jamaica: very fast and strong. It has a system similar to that seen in the tournament with 4-3-3. We must further strengthen the analysis and enhance our strengths,” the technical assistant was quoted as saying in La Nacion, a news source of Costa Rica.

Costa Rica’s line-up boasts a number of potent attackers in the likes of Caronline Venehas (9) and Raquel Rodriguez Cedeno (11).

Venegas scored the lone goal in Costa Rica’s win over Mexico and another pair against Martinique in the team’s 6-1 win, while Cedeno scored the winning goal against Jamaica and another two goals against Martinique only three minutes after coming on as a late substitute. Another player to watch is two-time UEFA Champions League winner, Shirley Cruz Traña, a marshall in Costa Rica’s midfield.

On the other side, T&T received a boost in the return of starting goalkeeper Kimika Forbes, who served a one-match ban after her expulsion against Haiti.

A handful of players who suffered slight injuries before and during the tournament including Tasha St Louis, Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes and Ayanna Russell are said to be fit to play, while Cordner, the team’s top scorer, Mollon, assist leader, and other starters have gotten ample time to recuperate after playing their three group matches in five days.

T&T Squad

Kimika Forbes, Tinesha Palmer (GK); Ayanna Russell, Rhea Belgrave, Arin King, Liana Hinds, Brianna Ryce, Khadisha Debessette, Lauren Hutchinson, Patrice Superville (Def); Khadidra Debessette, Maylee Attin Johnson, Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes, Anique Walker (Mid); Mariah Shade, Dernelle Mascall, Tasha St Louis, Ahkeela Mollon, Kennya Cordner (Fwd).

Fixtures

Costa Rica v T&T, PPL Park, Chester, Pennsylvania, 5.30 pm

USA v Mexico, PPL Park, 8.30 pm

Soca Princesses look for World Cup spot
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Glory Road

It’s D-day. The day either Trinidad and Tobago or Costa Rica qualify for the FIFA Women’s World Cup for the first time.

The teams go for an automatic qualifying spot into next year’ s World Cup in Canada, when they meet from 4.30 p.m., today in the first of two semi-finals at the 2014 CONCACAF Women Championship at PPL Park in Chester, Pennsylvania.

Later at 7.30, the No.1 world-ranked United States take on Mexico in the second semi-final. Both winners earn direct berths into the final. The two losers will meet again on Sunday for a third automatic World Cup spot, while the team eventually finishing fourth can also reach the World Cup via a two-leg playoff against the South American third-placed finishers.

Yesterday, head coach Randy Waldrum was elated with the incentive announced by the Trinidad and Tobago Government for the team. Following discussions with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), Sport  Minister Rupert Griffith has pledged each player $50,000 for their efforts in the qualifying series.

“A huge thank you to Dr. (Rupert) Griffith, Mr. (Raymond) Tim Kee, & Mr. (Sheldon) Phillips for what you did for our T&T women national team,“ Waldrum said via twitter.

He also told TTFA Media: “We’re all on cloud nine. Some of the girls found out before me and we’re all extremely thankful  and appreciative. I’d like to say special thanks to the Government, Petrotrin and the TTFA including president Tim Kee and Mr (Sheldon) Phillips (general secretary) for their efforts and for recognising what these ladies have done. This couldn’t have come at a better time.”

However, the coach also added: “But what I shared with the players last night is it we can pat ourselves a bit on the shoulder but we haven’t achieved anything yet. I challenged them not to lose focus because our goal is not done yet.” Waldrum also noted that his team’s performances in the tournament had been improving. He said they showed “great resilience and fortitude” against Haiti to “get the points with a player down.”

“We’re not yet close to where I’ll like the team to be but we have gotten better with every game,” he said. And with so much at stake this afternoon, Waldrum will be expecting his players to up the their level yet again.

T&T Squad: - 1. Kamika Forbes (GK), 4-Rhea Belgrave, 5-Arin King, 16-Brianna Ryce; 20-Lauren Hutchinson, 15-Liana Hinds, 7-Dernelle Mascall, 13-Anique Walker, 9-Maylee Attin-Johnson (Capt.), 12-Ahkeela Mollon, 19-Kennya Cordner, 2-Ayanna Russell, 18-Khadisha Debessette, 6-Khadidra Debessete, 11-Janine Francois, 8-Patrice Superville, 14-Karyn Forbes, 10-Tasha St Louis, 3-Mariah Shade, 17-Tenesha Palmer (GK).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:50:53 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Pastor Stuart

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 04:23:09 AM »
Good the ladies.

My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man - Proverbs 3:1-4.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race [is] not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all - Ecclesiastes 9:11-12

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 04:46:19 AM »
Becoming a part of history is literally at the ladies feet...all the best to our soca princesses!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 07:28:58 AM »
Make this a historic occasion. ..Lady Warriors
All off T and T are willing you to the finish line
Warriors..Warriors .....Warriors

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 09:15:29 AM »
leh we go Skipper...your time
He Is Highly

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
To Maylee Attin-Johnson.

You are exceptionally talented in your own rights and the captain of the team. Lead by example and control Costa Rica's midfield general, Shirley Cruz Trana, and your team has a chance of winning this game. Don't, and you could be looking at the third place playoff game to qualify for the next round. That could be a very risky proposition, psychologically.

Good luck Princess Warriors and may the force be with you.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 02:09:30 PM »
Any links guys??

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »
GOAL (18’): Costa Rica Women 1-0 T&T

First poor piece of defending I've seen by Arin King for the tournament. Didn't recognize the danger and was on the wrong side of her opponent.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
As de commentators say, T&T eh come out of first gear yet. We playing very slow, eh showing no bite, and making ah setta bad passes.

1]; } ?>