April 18, 2024, 02:12:15 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the Costa Rica WNT vs T&T WNT Game (24-Oct-2014)  (Read 23189 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Costa Rica WNT vs T&T WNT Game (24-Oct-2014)
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »
Just re-viewed some pivotal moments of the game in slo-mo. Excellent movement by Lauren to meet Arin's free kick while keeping sight of the ball and navigating through the defense. Redemption for Arin ...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2014, 07:40:30 PM »
US just beat Mexico 3-0. US kind of shut it down after the third goal. It could have been 5.

Mexico is very tactical. They might give our women some problems in the middle. Our strength, speed, and size might be the deciding factor. I think we will pull it off in the end.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:45:45 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2014, 07:48:32 PM »
US just beat Mexico 3-0. US kind of shut it down after the third goal. It could have been 5.

Mexico is very tactical. They might give our women some problems in the middle. Their strength, speed, and size might be the deciding factor. I think we will pull it off in the end.

Reality check!! Both Costa Rica and Mexico are currently better teams than T&T. But if T&T can play our best game of the tourney on Sunday and break up the Mexicans game and not allow them to dictate the pace then we stand a chance of beating them.

It will not be easy but if all the Princesses raise their game on Sunday and everything clicks with them passing and ball possession wise, etc then we can hopefully shock Mexico and pull off a victory.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:51:32 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »

Mexico is very tactical. They might give our women some problems in the middle. Our strength, speed, and size might be the deciding factor. I think we will pull it off in the end.

US also hit both posts and the crossbar.  Mexico couldn't deal with their speed and clinical touches.  We have one of two, hopefully we could deploy our speed to good effect against them.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:46 PM »
oh scroll to the right u will see where i told cordner work on penalty kicks :D

Cordner didn't kick... Attin-Johnson, Hutchinson and Shade did.

Bakes I've never been more proud of a TNT performance men or women. The 3-0 comeback against Iran is ranked right there with this game.  On paper Costa Rica were a better team and they showed it tonite, we played like US mens team with the grind and we had to. I called the penalty kicks because I knew it would be a draw, at times I have these visions of results it's hard to explain.. But i called it man,
sometimes you get luck and sometimes ur unlucky. We had luck tonite on both the offside call and the penalty claim. The girls need to work on the discipline with all these cards, but if you are chasing second balls and grinding bookings will happen.

Credit to both teams, it was very exciting end to end action, always liked the ticas and how they move the ball and create chances. I have every confidence going into the mexico game. No expectations though, just hoping for another quality game, either way concacaf will be well represented in Canada.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »

Mexico is very tactical. They might give our women some problems in the middle. Their strength, speed, and size might be the deciding factor. I think we will pull it off in the end.

Reality check!! Both Costa Rica and Mexico are currently better teams than T&T. But if T&T can play our best game of the tourney on Sunday and break up the Mexicans game and not allow them to dictate the pace then we stand a chance of beating them.

It will not be easy but if all the Princesses raise their game on Sunday and everything clicks with them passing and ball possession wise, etc then we can hopefully shock Mexico and pull off a victory.

Are you 100% sure Mexico is currently  better than TT? We conceded 1 goal  against the US, while Mexico  conceded  3. Mexico lost to Costa Rica  by a goal.  We tied Costa Rica  but lost on penalties. Based on those results, its hard to argue for Mexico. So no need for a reality check.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2014, 09:57:59 PM »
back against Iran is ranked right there with this game.  On paper Costa Rica were a better team and they showed it tonite, we played like US mens team with the grind and we had to. I called the penalty kicks because I knew it would be a draw, at times I have these visions of results it's hard to explain.. But i called it man,
sometimes you get luck and sometimes ur unlucky. We had luck tonite on both the offside call and the penalty claim. The girls need to work on the discipline with all these cards, but if you are chasing second balls and grinding bookings will happen.

Credit to both teams, it was very exciting end to end action, always liked the ticas and how they move the ball and create chances. I have every confidence going into the mexico game. No expectations though, just hoping for another quality game, either way concacaf will be well represented in Canada.

I agree with you Shotta... I'm very proud of the ladies.  To be completely honest this is the first time I've ever followed our Women's team this closely and I've been hugely impressed.  I don't think they're yet to play a complete game, but I love how they've rallied each time the performance flagged.  Forbes is clearly the standout player for me, but Mollon has been a revelation.  I've been following the reports on this site about her, but this was the first time seeing her play.  She's a nice little player.  I like Cordner too, both she and Attin-Johnson were a bit inconsistent, but I thought they stepped their play up when we needed them to.  King had a tough game tonight, but overall she's been a real revelation and I hope her performances parlays into a professional opportunity somewhere.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »
Much improved than previous outings by the women's team, but we can't accept mediocrity. We have a good way to go still but the improvement is impressive. Still have to step it up. We are lacking creativity in the midfield.
Maylee was off her game today. Didnt see her on the ball much especially in that first half.
I've seen St. Louis before but she looks totally out of it in this tourney. Is she carrying an injury? unfit? whats going on with her? she looks like a totally diff. player than what i know

To comment on "gawd on pitch".....That type of reasoning makes no sense whatsoever
We fought well against the USA but were lucky AND Forbes had a great game as well. On another day it could hv been worse for us.

Use that same type of logic in the past Men's WC....see if it makes sense.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2014, 10:08:49 PM »
It is a work in progress, we know.
But we need to possess the ball much more and not rely on long balls over the top as much.

Again, creativity in midfield is lacking.
Costa rica had a couple that were on point. Especially the one who plays for PSG..think it was #17 and #10 (could be wrong)

love the composure at the back shown by King and the aggressiveness of Belgrave and Forbes (GK)
Need to get the striker involved with some balls played into her foot. Get her active rather than run shuttles whole game chasing long balls.

I wish them luck on sunday and we are definitely in with a good chance. Gotta step it up vs the Mexicans

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2014, 10:21:55 PM »
Much improved than previous outings by the women's team, but we can't accept mediocrity. We have a good way to go still but the improvement is impressive. Still have to step it up. We are lacking creativity in the midfield.
Maylee was off her game today. Didnt see her on the ball much especially in that first half.
I've seen St. Louis before but she looks totally out of it in this tourney. Is she carrying an injury? unfit? whats going on with her? she looks like a totally diff. player than what i know

To comment on "gawd on pitch".....That type of reasoning makes no sense whatsoever
We fought well against the USA but were lucky AND Forbes had a great game as well. On another day it could hv been worse for us.

Use that same type of logic in the past Men's WC....see if it makes sense.

okay. We got lucky against the US. I understand  that. However,  I don't think there is much daylight between TT and Mexico.  All we have are the recent results to go by. I think that is enough to give a good argument for TT.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2014, 10:55:28 PM »
"Gawd..." my point was really saying that because mexico conceded 3 and we only conceded 1 , that wasnt a good yard stick to use to compare us and mexico.

we could have conceded 5. USA missed some easy chances as well.
We lost same way. Losing 1-0 and 3-0 gives u the same amt of points.
I'm tired of accepting mediocrity with out national teams. As much as i can see the great effort, I cant be happy with the result

I hope somehow the TTFA gets their stuff in order and proper coaching and funding for the team is considered. We have a nice group of players, and from these performances there probably will be other foreign based players at the collegiate level and semi-pro level that may be interested in representing the national team as well. We have seen how great they have performed.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2014, 01:51:19 AM »
Costa Rica edge Soca Princesses on penalty kicks.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Not just yet

GOALKEEPER Dinnia Diaz produced three penalty kicks stops as Costa Rica edged Trinidad and Tobago women’s national team 3-0 on spot-kicks, becoming the 18th team to book its spot among the 24-member cast for next year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup, to be played in Canada.

Diaz stopped shots from Soca Princesses’ captain Maylee Attin-Johnson, Lauren Hutchinson and Mariah Shade, as T&T missed its first three, while the ‘Ticas’ converted all three of theirs. It took spot kicks to separate the two teams trying to reach the World Cup for the first time, after the first 120 minutes of play ended in 1-1 tie. The teams were also evenly balanced 1-1 at the end of the 90-minute regulation period.

T&T now have to quickly regroup for tomorrow’s third-place playoff, where they meet Mexico, for another automatic World Cup qualifying spot. However, T&T will be without centre-back Ria Belgrave, who was sent off in the final minute of extra-time.

Earllier, Costa Rica had several good chances and looked the better team for an hour against a nervous T&T. The Central American champions went into the half leading 1-0 through a 19th minute goal from Carolina Venegas.

The ‘Ticas’ controlled the first half play, had the better chances, and were ahead when Venegas got between T&T central defender Arin King and goalie Kamika Forbes, and put a low finish onto Acosta’s pass across the penalty area.

But T&T fought back to pull level in the 74th minute, with USA-born right-back Lauren Hutchinson heading in Canada-born Arin King’s free-kick. T&T keeper Kamika Forbes also kept them in the match with three crucial stops, and Costa Rica also had Wendy Acosta’s back post goal ruled offside 11 minutes into the first half of extra-time.

Results

Costa Rica  1  v  T&T  1
Venegas 18    Hutchinson 73

After Penalties

Costa Rica  3  v  T&T  0
Alvarado (Score)  Attin Johnson (Saved)
Sanchez (Score)  Hutchinson (Saved)
Acosta (Score)  Shade (Saved)

Teams

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Kimika Forbes, 4.Rhea Belgrave (Yellow 100 - Red 119), 5.Arin King, 16.Brianna Ryce, 9.Maylee Attin Johnson (Yellow 85), 14.Karyn Forbes (20.Lauren Hutchinson 46th), 15.Liana Hinds, 10.Tasha St Louis (3.Mariah Shade 46th), 12.Ahkeela Mollon, 7.Dernelle Mascall (6.Khadidra Debessette 73rd), 19.Kennya Cordner (Yellow 90).

Head coach: - Randy Waldrum.

Costa Rica: - 1.Dinnia Diaz, 5.Diana Saenz, 6.Carol Sanchez, 8.Daniela Cruz, 12.Lixy Rodriguez, 20.Wendy Acosta, 10.Shirley Cruz, 16.Katherine Alvarado, 17.Daphnne Herrera (2.Gabriela Guillen 100th), 11.Raquel Rodriguez Cedeño, 9.Carolina Venegas (15.Cristin Granados 62nd - Yellow 77).

Head coach: - Garabet Avedissian.

Referee: - Borjas.

Upcoming Games

Sunday, October 26

Third Place Match: - 3:00pm, T&T vs Mexico, PPL Park

Finals: - 6:00pm, USA vs Costa Rica, PPL Park

Line-up Commentary (CONCACAF.COM)   END OF THE GAME
Mariah Shade shoots…! Phenomenal save by the goalkeeper
  Good execution by Wendy Acosta. Goal for Costa Rica
  Lauren Hutchinson shoots…! Phenomenal save by the goalkeeper
  Goal by Carol Sanchez! The goalkeeper couldn't stop it
  Maylee Attin Johnson shoots…! Phenomenal save by the goalkeeper
  Goal by Katherine Alvarado!
  START OF PENALTY SHOOT-OUT

END OF EXTRA TIME 2

ET2 120'  Foul by Carol Sanchez on Kimika Forbes! The referee gives a free kick
ET2 118'  Rhea Belgrave is sent off for receiving his second official caution
ET2 118'  An illicit act by Rhea Belgrave against Wendy Acosta! The referee gives a free kick
ET2 118'  Carol Sanchez clears the ball by kicking it out of bounds
ET2 118'  Daniela Cruz fouls Liana Hinds
ET2 117'  A shot by Khadidra Debessette went wide
ET2 116'  Clearance by Costa Rica, executed by Carol Sanchez
ET2 115'  Liana Hinds committed a foul against Lixy Rodriguez
ET2 115'  Corner kick for Trinidad, taken byLauren Hutchinson
ET2 114'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Diana Saenz
ET2 114'  Arin King makes a clearance
ET2 113'  Throw-in by Diana Saenz
ET2 112'  Shirley Cruz throws in
ET2 112'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
ET2 112'  Shirley Cruz trys to shoot on goal, but the attempt goes wide!
ET2 111'  Clearance by Daniela Cruz
ET2 109'  Wendy Acosta throws in
ET2 107'  Mariah Shade fouls Dinnia Diaz
ET2 107'  Carol Sanchez makes a clearance
ET2 106'  Shirley Cruz is found in an offside position
ET2 106'  Wendy Acosta committed a foul against Lauren Hutchinson
ET2 105'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Lauren Hutchinson
  START OF EXTRA TIME 2

END OF EXTRA TIME 1

ET1 104'  Carol Sanchez clears the ball
ET1 103'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Diana Saenz
ET1 102'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, done by Diana Saenz
ET1 101'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
ET1 100'  The linesman raises his flag, offside ruling for Wendy Acosta
ET1 99'  Rhea Belgrave receives an official caution
ET1 99'  Rhea Belgrave fouls Shirley Cruz
ET1 99'  Costa Rica makes a change, Gabriela Guillen comes on, Daphnne Herrera comes off
ET1 98'  Goal kick by Dinnia Diaz
ET1 98'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Rhea Belgrave
ET1 98'  Brianna Ryce makes a clearance
ET1 97'  Foul by Rhea Belgrave on Cristin Granados! The referee gives a free kick
ET1 96'  Rhea Belgrave throws in
ET1 96'  An illicit act by Maylee Attin Johnson against Lixy Rodriguez! The ref awards a free kick
ET1 95'  Throw-in for Trinidad, done by Brianna Ryce
ET1 95'  Throw-in by Katherine Alvarado
ET1 95'  Carol Sanchez clears the ball
ET1 95'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Liana Hinds
ET1 94'  Throw-in for Trinidad, done by Lauren Hutchinson
ET1 94'  Carol Sanchez clears the ball by kicking it out of bounds
ET1 94'  The linesman raises his flag, offside ruling for Wendy Acosta
ET1 93'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Diana Saenz
ET1 93'  The linesman raises his flag, offside ruling for Raquel Rodriguez Cedeño
ET1 92'  Liana Hinds illegally stopped Shirley Cruz
ET1 91'  Brianna Ryce clears the ball
ET1 90'  Clearance by Trinidad, made by Arin King
ET1 90'  Corner for Costa Rica, taken by Katherine Alvarado
  START OF EXTRA TIME 1

END OF THE SECOND HALF

2H 92'  Shot by Raquel Rodriguez Cedeño , but the ball ends up in the hands of Kimika Forbes
2H 91'  Clearance by Costa Rica, executed by Shirley Cruz
2H 91'  Clearance by Arin King
2H 90'  Liana Hinds fouls Katherine Alvarado
2H 90'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Lixy Rodriguez
2H 90'  Arin King makes a clearance
2H 89'  Kennya Cordner has to be careful from now on, as he receives an official caution
2H 89'  Kennya Cordner illegally stopped Daniela Cruz
2H 89'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Lixy Rodriguez
2H 89'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, done by Lixy Rodriguez
2H 88'  Clearance by Shirley Cruz
2H 88'  Lauren Hutchinson kicks the corner
2H 87'  Goal kick by Dinnia Diaz
2H 87'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, done by Lixy Rodriguez
2H 87'  Carol Sanchez clears the ball by kicking it out of bounds
2H 85'  Maylee Attin Johnson has to be careful from now on, as he receives an official caution
2H 84'  Maylee Attin Johnson fouls Daphnne Herrera
2H 84'  Chance for Costa Rica. Raquel Rodriguez Cedeño shoots, saved by Kimika Forbes
2H 84'  Clearance by Arin King
2H 84'  Diana Saenz throws in
2H 83'  Shot by Daphnne Herrera , but the ball ends up in the hands of Kimika Forbes
2H 83'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
2H 82'  Throw-in by Diana Saenz
2H 82'  Daniela Cruz makes a clearance for Costa Rica
2H 82'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Rhea Belgrave
2H 81'  Goal kick by Dinnia Diaz
2H 81'  Throw-in by Lauren Hutchinson
2H 80'  Rhea Belgrave throws in
2H 79'  An illict act by Liana Hinds against Cristin Granados! The ref gives a free kick
2H 77'  Daphnne Herrera fouls Maylee Attin Johnson
2H 77'  Foul committed by Katherine Alvarado on Brianna Ryce
2H 77'  Katherine Alvarado makes a clearance for Costa Rica
2H 76'  Yellow card for Cristin Granados
2H 76'  Cristin Granados illegally stopped Arin King
2H 76'  Throw-in by Lauren Hutchinson
2H 76'  Arin King clears the ball
2H 75'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Lixy Rodriguez
2H 74'  Goal kick by Dinnia Diaz
2H 74'  Kennya Cordner trys to shoot on goal, but the attempt goes wide!
2H 74'  Lixy Rodriguez throws in
2H 73'  A switch by Trinidad, Khadidra Debessette enters the field for Dernelle Mascall
2H 72'  Lauren Hutchinson gets on the scoresheet for Trinidad
2H 72'  Shirley Cruz fouls Liana Hinds
2H 71'  Ahkeela Mollon shoots on goal! And the attempt is saved by Dinnia Diaz
2H 71'  Wendy Acosta shoots on goal! But Kimika Forbes catches the ball!
2H 70'  Throw-in for Trinidad, done by Rhea Belgrave
2H 69'  Throw-in by Wendy Acosta
2H 68'  Carol Sanchez makes a clearance for Costa Rica
2H 68'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Liana Hinds
2H 67'  Throw-in for Trinidad, done by Rhea Belgrave
2H 66'  Throw-in by Diana Saenz
2H 65'  Kennya Cordner touched the ball with his hand and is sanctioned by the referee
2H 65'  Foul by Carol Sanchez on Kennya Cordner! The referee awards a free kick
2H 64'  Goal kick by Dinnia Diaz
2H 63'  An illict act by Katherine Alvarado against Lauren Hutchinson! The ref gives a free kick
2H 63'  Opportunity for Costa Rica. Wendy Acosta shoots, stopped by Kimika Forbes
2H 62'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Diana Saenz
2H 62'  A switch by Costa Rica, Cristin Granados comes on for Carolina Venegas
2H 61'  Goal kick by Dinnia Diaz
2H 60'  Lauren Hutchinson throws in
2H 60'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Lauren Hutchinson
2H 59'  Carol Sanchez makes a clearance
2H 58'  Throw-in by Diana Saenz
2H 58'  An illicit act by Carol Sanchez against Brianna Ryce! The referee awards a free kick
2H 57'  Daphnne Herrera shoots on goal! But Kimika Forbes catches the ball!
2H 56'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
2H 56'  Throw-in by Diana Saenz
2H 56'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
2H 55'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Lauren Hutchinson
2H 54'  Foul committed by Liana Hinds on Shirley Cruz
2H 53'  Throw-in by Lauren Hutchinson
2H 53'  Rhea Belgrave makes a clearance for Trinidad
2H 52'  Clearance by Trinidad, the ball was kicked out of bounds by Arin King
2H 52'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, done by Diana Saenz
2H 51'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
2H 50'  An illicit act by Liana Hinds against Daphnne Herrera! The ref awards a free kick
2H 50'  An illicit act by Carolina Venegas against Arin King! The referee awards a free kick
2H 49'  Chance for Costa Rica. Raquel Rodriguez Cedeño shoots, saved by Kimika Forbes
2H 49'  Arin King clears the ball by kicking it out of bounds
2H 48'  Lixy Rodriguez throws in
2H 48'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
2H 47'  Carolina Venegas lost control over his shot and it goes wide
2H 47'  Wendy Acosta is found in an offside position
2H 46'  Carol Sanchez clears the ball
2H 45'  Diana Saenz committed a foul against Mariah Shade
2H 45'  Throw-in for Trinidad, done by Rhea Belgrave
2H 45'  Arin King clears the ball by kicking it out of bounds
2H 45'  Trinidad makes a substitution, Lauren Hutchinson comes on, Karyn Forbes comes off
2H 45'  Mariah Shade joins Trinidad, Tasha St Louis leaves the field
  START OF SECOND HALF

END OF FIRST HALF

1H 45'  Rhea Belgrave throws in
1H 45'  Clearance by Trinidad, made by Arin King
1H 45'  An illict act by Karyn Forbes against Daphnne Herrera! The ref gives a free kick
1H 44'  Shirley Cruz clears the ball by kicking it out of bounds
1H 44'  Foul committed by Daphnne Herrera on Tasha St Louis
1H 43'  Ahkeela Mollon commits a foul on Diana Saenz
1H 42'  Raquel Rodriguez Cedeño committed a foul against Maylee Attin Johnson
1H 41'  Goal kick by Dinnia Diaz
1H 39'  Diana Saenz throws in
1H 39'  Clearance by Trinidad, made by Arin King
1H 39'  An illicit act by Ahkeela Mollon against Shirley Cruz! The ref awards a free kick
1H 38'  An illicit act by Karyn Forbes against Raquel Rodriguez Cedeño! The referee awards a free kick
1H 37'  Katherine Alvarado throws in
1H 35'  Foul by Liana Hinds on Shirley Cruz! The referee awards a free kick
1H 34'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, done by Lixy Rodriguez
1H 34'  Throw-in by Rhea Belgrave
1H 34'  The linesman raises his flag, offside ruling for Carolina Venegas
1H 31'  Clearance by Trinidad, made by Arin King
1H 30'  Kennya Cordner commits a foul on Katherine Alvarado
1H 29'  Raquel Rodriguez Cedeño committed a foul against Maylee Attin Johnson
1H 25'  Lixy Rodriguez throws in
1H 25'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Lixy Rodriguez
1H 23'  Daphnne Herrera shoots on goal! And the attempt is saved by Kimika Forbes
1H 22'  Corner for Costa Rica, taken by Katherine Alvarado
1H 22'  Opportunity for Costa Rica. Shirley Cruz shoots, stopped by Kimika Forbes
1H 20'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
1H 19'  Throw-in for Trinidad, done by Arin King
1H 18'  GOOAAL for Costa Rica! An open play goal by Carolina Venegas
1H 17'  An illict act by Dernelle Mascall against Daniela Cruz! The ref gives a free kick
1H 16'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Rhea Belgrave
1H 15'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, done by Diana Saenz
1H 13'  Goal kick by Kimika Forbes
1H 13'  Chance for Costa Rica. Daphnne Herrera shoots, but it goes wide!
1H 12'  Throw-in for Trinidad, taken by Brianna Ryce
1H 11'  Carol Sanchez makes a clearance
1H 11'  Foul by Wendy Acosta on Ahkeela Mollon! The referee awards a free kick
1H 9'  Brianna Ryce throws in
1H 9'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, taken by Diana Saenz
1H 9'  Shot on goal by Carolina Venegas, Kimika Forbes controls the ball
1H 7'  Throw-in by Lixy Rodriguez
1H 6'  Katherine Alvarado kicks the corner for Costa Rica
1H 4'  Corner for Costa Rica, taken by Katherine Alvarado
1H 3'  Arin King makes a clearance
1H 3'  Arin King clears the ball by kicking it out of bounds
1H 3'  Corner kick for Costa Rica, taken byKatherine Alvarado
1H 3'  Liana Hinds clears the ball to corner
1H 2'  Throw-in for Trinidad, done by Liana Hinds
1H 1'  Throw-in by Lixy Rodriguez
1H 1'  Katherine Alvarado executes the corner kick for Costa Rica
1H 1'  Cleared and corner given away by Trinidad, made by Karyn Forbes
1H 0'  Throw-in for Costa Rica, done by Diana Saenz
1H 0'  Foul by Liana Hinds on Wendy Acosta! The referee gives a free kick
1H 0'  Lixy Rodriguez throws in
  START OF THE GAME

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:38:28 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2014, 06:06:42 AM »
Post-game interview with Ahkeela Mollon

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3z1ufTGpztg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3z1ufTGpztg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »

Are you 100% sure Mexico is currently  better than TT? We conceded 1 goal  against the US, while Mexico  conceded  3. Mexico lost to Costa Rica  by a goal.  We tied Costa Rica  but lost on penalties. Based on those results, its hard to argue for Mexico. So no need for a reality check.

Yeap technically, tactically and speedwise Mexico are better than us but on any given day if we play our A game and are able to break up the Mexican's natural game then we can beat them.

9 out of ten times we will not lose to the USA but 1 goal and hold Costa Rica 1 - 1 in full time when they clearly played the better football and were unlucky not to score more goals against us.

However I am very proud of my team and if they keep regularly playing quality opponents and get the right preparation games then they will eventually improve to become as good as or better than both Costa Rica and Mexico. Catching and becoming as good as or better than the USA the current World Champs should be the ultimate goal but there is a lot of work to be done and the TTFA has got to get its act together in order for us to ultimately get there.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:54:42 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2014, 10:52:56 AM »
I LOVE our Womens National football team

I HATE the nickname "Princesses"
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »
I HATE the nickname "Princesses"

That has been changed to Women Soca Warriors, but it look like dey eh communicate it effectively as yet.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=63445.0

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »
Kicking order should have been,

King
Johnson
Cordner (if not hurt)
Mollon
Shade

I don't think Johnson had one of her better tournament so far. Maylee is so much better than she have shown. She spends most of the game trying to catch up.

I understand our approach vs. USA and to a certain extent Haiti. However, after that I am a bit disappointed in that we have some very smart and technical players, yet they were made to look like "scrappers". Not happy with that.

I think we will have to prepare to be Ecuador (or who ever it is down there).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »
I think Mexico knew they couldn't beat the USA and so started preparing for the 3rd place game. Look at the DNP list.

Subs Not Used: 1-Cecilia Santiago, 5-Paulina Solís, 11-Monica Ocampo, 9-Veronica Charlyn Corral, 16-Karla Nieto, 17-Veronica Perez

It's going to be a tough game for us hope we can somehow get it done.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »
Randy Waldrum reflects on the loss to Costa Rica and looks ahead to the 3rd place game against Mexico.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/allwMF29Xjk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/allwMF29Xjk</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2014, 07:20:04 AM »
Thoughtful way of capturing the coach's post-game thoughts. Thanks for that, Mr. Fuentes! Good look.

Offline trinbago1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2014, 04:29:19 PM »
Not d result we wanted but the ladies can qualify, we need everybody support now , mission world cup Canada 2015

1]; } ?>