March 28, 2024, 10:36:06 AM

Author Topic: Inmates Thread  (Read 9058 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Inmates Thread
« on: October 24, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »
 >:( This embarrassment has happened more than two days ago and as of this moment the Minister of National Security or any Government official is yet to address the public about this  smh

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/videos/-AMERICAN-ESCAPES-FROM-PIARCO-POLICE-STATION-280001842.html

Heads are rolling in the Police Service tonight over the apparent negligence that allowed a prisoner to escape from a prison cell and disappear into the night.

And how could the man --- unusually tall at seven-feet-two -- still be at large?
It turns out his escape was as easy as turning a key.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:08:33 PM by Sando prince »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT? AMERICAN ESCAPES FROM PIARCO POLICE STATION
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »
u sure it wasn't kareem abdul jabbar
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT? AMERICAN ESCAPES FROM PIARCO POLICE STATION
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:20:25 PM »
u sure it wasn't kareem abdul jabbar

:D nah but dey would probably not be able to find him too

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Inmates Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
one police officer and one escapee shot and POS on lock down people in my office leaving now ......I was sick so didn' work today....details kinda sketchy otherwise
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: prison break in POS
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »

ah was not about to post this

I hope the moderators don't merge this thread too.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »

Update: POS prison breakout! - cop shot

The attack happened shortly after noon, as the gate to the prison was open to allow for the prison vehicle to enter.

Initial reports are that the several gunmen ran through the entrance and were involved in a shootout. A prisoner is said to have escaped.

However, the getaway vehicle crashed near Port of Spain General Hospital, and the occupants ran through the hospitla compound. There was smore shooting and at least two people were captured.

The police officer is said to have been shot in the buttock, and it is uncertain how the prison officer was injured.

- Come back to this story for details

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150724/news/update-pos-prison-breakout-cop-shot

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »
It appears that 3 prisoners were smuggled guns. They took control of a prison van on the way from court to prison. The van crashed near PoS hospital and the gunmen exchanged fire with police. It appears one policeman was shot and has since died. Also, one of the prisoners was shot and killed. Two prisoners are on the run and PoS is on lockdown with police searching vehicles at roadblocks.

Rumours have been that there was a man shot at Chaguanas police station and shots fired at Fyzabad & St James police stations but these are unconfirmed.

The two schools of thought seem to be
a) The govt caused this to call an SOE to put back election
b) Police arrested Abu Bakr to stir up trouble to make govt look bad before election.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
prison break in POS
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 01:19:58 PM »
I just watch TV6 feed and the MoS say they had the guns in the prison. Also they show a post on one of the prisoners FB page that was made this morning about true believers not standing for oppression and that death is an invitation to meet Allah.

TV6 say one police dead, another shot, one prisoner dead and 2 on the run. A couple pics circulating online of the dead one body.

Madness

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »
CNC3 News has been tracking the latest developments surrounding the prison escape of three dangerous men at about 12.30 this afternoon, from the Port of Spain Prison.

Update #1… Prison sources confirm 3 high risk prisoners have escaped from Port of Spain Prison. The perimeter has been cordoned off. A prisoner escaped in a vehicle and crashed near the Port of Spain General Hospital. We have a report of gunfire outside of the Hospital, as well.

Update #2… A police officer currently in the operating theatre in a critical condition at the Port of Spain General Hospital. He is believed to have been shot during the prison break from the Port of Spain prison.

Update #3… We have reports that a Muslim man named “Scanny” has been shot dead. He is one of the murder accused in the case concerning Vindra Naipaul Coolman. He may have been killed during the prison break effected by the high risk prisoners who escaped the Port of Spain Prison.

Update #4… There are unconfirmed reports of shootings at the Chaguanas and Fyzabad Police Stations. More information on this story will be made available as soon as it comes to hand…

Update #5… We have reports that there was a special visit to the escapees this morning. It is believed that is how they were able to acquire 2 guns, ammo and explosive devices which were used in their escape from the Port of Spain Prison today. A wide security blanket has been cast around the Prison and the Port of Spain General Hospital has been cordoned off.

Update #6… The three prisoners who escaped today from the Port of Spain Prison have been identified as Hassam “Monster” Atwell, Christopher Selby and Alan “Scanny” Martin. Scanny is one of the accused involved in the Vindra Naipaul Coolman murder trial. Reports are he has been shot dead during his escape attempt.

Update #7… One of the three escaped prisoners has been re-captured. One prisoner remains on the run. The third prisoner – Alan “Scanny” Martin – was shot dead during his escape attempt. A police constable who was involved in the shooting incident surrounding the prison break currently is in the operating theatre at the Port of Spain Hospital, and is said to be in critical condition.

Update #8... We have confirmed reports that Alan "Scanny" Martin, one of the murder accused in the Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Trial has been killed during an escape attempt from the Port of Spain Prison, at about noon today. Scanny was one of three prisoners who escaped the prison in a blue Navarro truck which reportedly crashed near the Port of Spain General Hospital. In the subsequent shootout with police, Scanny is said to have been killed. One of his fellow escapees is said to have been re-captured, while the third escapee remains at large. [This is to be confirmed.]

Update #9… One of the three prison escapees has been identified as Hassam "Monster" Atwell. He is said to be the relative of Ragaee Ali, one of the 11 who were detained by police earlier this week along with Jamaat ul Muslimeen leader, Imam Yasin Abu Bakr, for questioning in the Dana Seetahal murder case. We are yet to ascertain whether he is the prisoner who has been re-captured, or whether he is the prisoner who is said to be still on the run.

Update #11... We have unconfirmed reports that one of the fugitives has been killed in the Belmont area. His identity is yet to be determined. In addition, the other fugitive is said to be headed west. Details will be forthcoming as soon as they come to hand.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 01:59:27 PM »

The grenade that police found outside the POS jail following the daring escape.

https://twitter.com/MarkBassant1/status/624665960230707200/photo/1

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 03:03:02 PM »

wait nah, is a pic of a dead man Express post dey?

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150724/news/update-cop-prisoner-die-in-prison-breakout
Online there is another picture of his body on the ground with his gun.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »
It appears that 3 prisoners were smuggled guns. They took control of a prison van on the way from court to prison. The van crashed near PoS hospital and the gunmen exchanged fire with police. It appears one policeman was shot and has since died. Also, one of the prisoners was shot and killed. Two prisoners are on the run and PoS is on lockdown with police searching vehicles at roadblocks.

Rumours have been that there was a man shot at Chaguanas police station and shots fired at Fyzabad & St James police stations but these are unconfirmed.

b) Police arrested Abu Bakr to stir up trouble to make govt look bad before election.

arresting Abu bakr before election I doubt will make them look bad.. SOE is a possibility but too early for that, they just report one escapee dead..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 12:03:02 PM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 03:43:21 PM »
So it goes without saying that they had inside help.  Those fellas have their colleague's blood on their hands.
Time to turn that place into a museum and move to a modern facility with modern countermeasures and multiple layers of security.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »
So it goes without saying that they had inside help.  Those fellas have their colleague's blood on their hands.
Time to turn that place into a museum and move to a modern facility with modern countermeasures and multiple layers of security.

Even better, why don't we keep it within our National Security framework. It provides a strategic location and natural High walls. Why can't we move one of our intelligence agencies there as well as a quick reaction force comprising of special forces and other elite military personnel...We could even upgrade and modify some of the cells for detention of individuals...That prison is a humanitarian nightmare. What historical significance does it really have to warrant its preservation? 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:27:48 AM by congo »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »

If the police arrested Abu Bakr it was at the behest of the Attorney General or under the directive of the MoNS

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 04:15:41 PM »
We definitely need a new prison. But where to put it?  At least that is a worry for this govt.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »
We definitely need a new prison. But where to put it?  At least that is a worry for this govt.

Make it easy - put it in Lavantille!

Back on the island surroundedby shark infested waters - feed all them arses to shark- do society a favour.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 07:15:52 PM »

Make it easy - put it in Lavantille!

Back on the island surroundedby shark infested waters - feed all them arses to shark- do society a favour.

Which part of laventille. The only place is by the Beetham going into the swamp. Near the Caroni treatment plant. There is room there.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 01:08:52 AM »
It have REAAAAAL plenty in this mortar boy.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 05:44:30 AM »
Another escapee bites the dust. Hassan Atwell was killed in Lavantille early this morning. From the pics it looks like he went down in a hail of bullets.

https://www.facebook.com/BeyondTheTape?fref=ts

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »
Another escapee bites the dust. Hassan Atwell was killed in Lavantille early this morning. From the pics it looks like he went down in a hail of bullets.

https://www.facebook.com/BeyondTheTape?fref=ts

It looks like the 2 they caught so far went down in a hail of bullets.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »
The news leaves one in a state of limbo- somewhere between sympathy nd empathy .on the one hand there is a relief that the whereabouts of a person deemed to be dangerous is accounted for on the other hand, at what expense?

It never cease to amaze me of how criminals or those associated with them  justify and rationalize their actions - yuh read about how this one was kind man nd helped out others and provided for his family-

Do they ever think or do we ever read about the innocent victims?   For example the policemn who was killed in the real out- going to work doing a  high risk job making a decent living yet falling victim to  what could have been avoided? consider the chin of events leading to this escape- the questions been raised- was it an inside job? What are the security measures in place? What are the consequences  for rogue officers?  After seeing a footage on  facebook, https://www.facebook.com/BeyondTheTape?fref=ts, I am appalled that these men are walking about in civilian clothes! think about what could be concealed in  that " so called religious apparel?
So while there are those who mourn the violent passing of a individual, one hs to consider if the end does intact justify the means when innocent people fell victims along the way.

Now tell me - should there be a harsh consequence for the harbouring of a known criminal?  Tell me in little TnT it eh have people who eh maccoing  and who eh know where this man is hiding?  it does have all dem with they cell phone posting picture when police do thing but whey dem now posting picture of criminal?  Ent it have anonymous tip phone line to call in?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:53:48 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 12:13:54 PM »

By the way what ever happened to the fugitive who had one leg that killed the lady earlier on this year! They ever find that one? I mean thisis slackness- they knew who assisted him they know he disabled how big is TnT for that man to hide out and for nobody to notice? maybe the man in Guyana?

Police found his bullet-ridden body dumped in some bushes.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 07:36:55 AM »
so de man dey call Monster turn himself in because he's afraid for his life?  :rotfl: .... only in Trinidad 

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 01:13:02 PM »
fellas, the kind of heights involved in that escape...if u think this was a simple burst to freedom...hmm..u r sadly mistaken..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
Convict Surrenders Himself to Police After Escaping To Watch CPL Final
http://lateoclocknews.com/convict-surrenders-himself-to-police-after-escaping-to-watch-cpl-final/

POSTED BY: LATE O'CLOCK NEWS JULY 27, 2015

After becoming one of the country’s most wanted men during a prison escape on Friday afternoon, Christopher Selby surrendered to police officers yesterday. Following his recapture, Selby spoke to The Late O’clock News exclusively, in order to shed some light on his reasons for escaping Port of Spain’s Royal Jail:

“Well I’m a big cricket fan, and I was real looking forward to watching the CPL final, but I was trying to find a live stream for the game and I couldn’t find one. I ask the guards to let me out for the match, but they say they didn’t have anymore weekend passes. That was when them fellas had approach me and tell me they was going to break out, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to leave.”

What eventually made up his mind was Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s tweet after the Trinidad and Tobago’s Red Steel’s victory over the Jamaica Tallawahs last Thursday. After the game, Kahn tweeted that he would come to Trinidad in order to watch the finals of the Caribbean Premier League live. This was apparently the straw that broke the camel’s back, as Selby, who describes himself as a “Huge fan since birth” and is a proud member of SRK Universe, the biggest fan club dedicated to the beloved movie star, decided that nothing would stop him from seeing his childhood hero.

“Man, I grow up watching Shah Rukh Khan. I was following the Bollywood scene from small, and that man have real talent boy. I see Kuch Kuch Hota Hai for the first time as a boy, and since then I must be watch it 100 times, and then 100 more times since I was in prison, and you know something? It does still make me cry every damn time. In fact, the other day self I had to stab up a man in the bathroom when he start to tell me some kinda nonsense about “Salman Khan is a better actor”. I couldn’t let that slide. SRK is the truth”.

Selby’s plan to escape almost did not come to fruition following a string of losses suffered by Red Steel. With tears in his eyes he explains “When they did lose to Tallawahs for the first time and then to Guyana Amazon Warriors, I didn’t know what to do. Is like when them Babylon had ketch me the first time, it was the same feeling. I just…I never expect them to come this far. I never expect them to win. I doh care what happen to me now. I could just stay in prison and be on facebook whole day now, at least until next year CPL”.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:45:44 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 02:42:57 PM »
Convict Surrenders Himself to Police After Escaping To Watch CPL Final
http://lateoclocknews.com/convict-surrenders-himself-to-police-after-escaping-to-watch-cpl-final/

POSTED BY: LATE O'CLOCK NEWS JULY 27, 2015

After becoming one of the country’s most wanted men during a prison escape on Friday afternoon, Christopher Selby surrendered to police officers yesterday. Following his recapture, Selby spoke to The Late O’clock News exclusively, in order to shed some light on his reasons for escaping Port of Spain’s Royal Jail:

“Well I’m a big cricket fan, and I was real looking forward to watching the CPL final, but I was trying to find a live stream for the game and I couldn’t find one. I ask the guards to let me out for the match, but they say they didn’t have anymore weekend passes. That was when them fellas had approach me and tell me they was going to break out, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to leave.”

What eventually made up his mind was Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s tweet after the Trinidad and Tobago’s Red Steel’s victory over the Jamaica Tallawahs last Thursday. After the game, Kahn tweeted that he would come to Trinidad in order to watch the finals of the Caribbean Premier League live. This was apparently the straw that broke the camel’s back, as Selby, who describes himself as a “Huge fan since birth” and is a proud member of SRK Universe, the biggest fan club dedicated to the beloved movie star, decided that nothing would stop him from seeing his childhood hero.

“Man, I grow up watching Shah Rukh Khan. I was following the Bollywood scene from small, and that man have real talent boy. I see Kuch Kuch Hota Hai for the first time as a boy, and since then I must be watch it 100 times, and then 100 more times since I was in prison, and you know something? It does still make me cry every damn time. In fact, the other day self I had to stab up a man in the bathroom when he start to tell me some kinda nonsense about “Salman Khan is a better actor”. I couldn’t let that slide. SRK is the truth”.

Selby’s plan to escape almost did not come to fruition following a string of losses suffered by Red Steel. With tears in his eyes he explains “When they did lose to Tallawahs for the first time and then to Guyana Amazon Warriors, I didn’t know what to do. Is like when them Babylon had ketch me the first time, it was the same feeling. I just…I never expect them to come this far. I never expect them to win. I doh care what happen to me now. I could just stay in prison and be on facebook whole day now, at least until next year CPL”.

:D :D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 02:43:45 PM »

Wow!

1]; } ?>