March 28, 2024, 08:46:25 AM

Author Topic: Randy Waldrum Thread  (Read 21600 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Randy Waldrum Thread
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:42:26 AM »
Waldrum: We will qualify over Ecuador.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Guardian).

T&T’s senior women’s team rose above a number of challenges including injuries, fatigue and a lack of preparedness to stand tall among the best in the confederation at the Concacaf Women’s Championship.

Void of injuries, Waldrum said he will have the team prepared to defeat Comnebol’s third placed overall finisher Ecuador to earn a place in next year’s World Cup. T&T will travel to the high-altitude South American nation for a November 8 away fixture, just over three weeks before the return fixture in T&T on December 2 at a stadium to be announced.

The “Women Soca Warriors” lost 4-2 to Mexico after conceding two goals in extra-time in the third place playoff, before host nation USA routed Costa Rica 6-0 in the final on Sunday.

Following the conclusion of the tournament, Waldrum spoke of his team’s struggles against Costa Rica and against Mexico, and expressed his belief that T&T’s women’s team is very much capable of defeating Ecuador over two legs to become the first Caribbean team to qualify for the Fifa Women’s World Cup.

“In light of the short time I’ve had, I’m really encouraged by the way the team has performed... But, there’s a lot of work to do and so I’m anxious and excited about this time I’m going to have going forward to get ready with Ecuador. And, I’m still saying, we’re going to qualify,” Waldrum said.

This year saw T&T secure its second best ever finish in the tournament. Formerly the Concacaf Women’s Gold Cup (2010 and before), T&T placed third in the inaugural edition in 1991. T&T also placed fourth in 1994 after a five-team round-robin.

T&T was impressive throughout the tournament, opening with a 1-0 loss to the USA (the best result by any team against the host in the tournament). The team secured a 1-0 win over Haiti and a 2-1 win over Guatemala to reach the semifinals against Group B winner, Costa Rica on Friday. But after a 1-1 draw after extra time, the Central American outfit triumphed 3-0 in a penalty shoot-out.

That, without the level and duration of preparation granted most of the other teams in the tournament, according to Waldrum.

“For the amount of time we had for our preparations and for everybody knows, (it’s) well documented...I’m really, really proud of this team,” he said.

“You know, we haven’t been healthy since we’ve been here. We’ve been without Ayanna Russell, without Janine Francois, we’ve been without Tasha St Louis, healthy, Baby (Karyn Forbes) just played a little bit (45 minutes) in the Costa Rica game (and) a little over a half today (68 minutes), she’s not completely healthy and those are really, really key players for us. So, having said that, for us to battle the way we have with basically a young squad and a makeshift line-up every game to plug holes, I’m really, really proud of the way these kids have battled,” the former national women’s U-17 coach said.

“We were right there. Penalty kicks against Costa Rica and honestly with 10 or 12 minutes left to go up 2-1 (against Mexico), you know, we should have been able to hold that lead and ride the game out,” Waldrum admitted.

“I’m proud of them. It leaves me good hope now that we (are) starting to get good support from the Ministry of Sport and the fans back home and the people of T&T, it gives me great hope now that the next week and a half, 10 or 12 days we have to prepare for Ecuador, that we will be quite ready for them. So, I’m just excited about it.”

The Ministry of Sport and the TTFA will host a media conference and welcome reception for the returning members of the Trinidad and Tobago senior women’s team (Soca Princesses) following the team’s arrival tonight at 7.40 on United Airlines via Houston.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:39:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Waldrum: We will qualify over Ecuador.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 05:22:43 AM »
Good going ladies God alone know what you can do with proper preparation

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:53:50 AM »
Lets see the kind of preparations they will get now.

They've earned big respect.

The TTFA did well also.

Good job all round.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:01:13 AM »

The TTFA did well also.

Good job all round.

How so?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »

The TTFA did well also.

Good job all round.

How so?

Ture, my bad.

It should have been Waldrum did well also.

His plead got help from everyone including the government.

And now the TTFA trying to hide the fact, saying, the funds were here, just was late.

;)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 02:02:21 PM »
Waldrum seems to be able to do well in preparing the girls for opponents. He obviously didn't have time to prepare them for Mexico and Costa Rica compared to how well prepared they were for the group stage opponents.

A team that get 6 from a side who beat us 1-0 definitely should not have been running rings around us the way Costa Rica did before the pks.

I confident that given the time we now have to prepare for Ecuador, we will beat them.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 02:08:25 PM »
Allyuh need to keep in mind that Ecuador also has time to prepare for us.  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 03:11:31 PM »
Playoff dates confirmed.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

MIAMI – CONCACAF confirmed Monday the schedule for Trinidad & Tobago’s participation in the intercontinental play-in series, which will qualify an additional team to the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015.

The Trinidadians, by virtue of their fourth-place finish in the recently concluded CONCACAF Women’s Championship USA 2014, has qualified for the playoff and will take on the South American Football Confederation’s third-place finisher, Ecuador, in a home-and-away playoff beginning November 8 in South America.

The first of the two-game series, an aggregate goal matchup administered by FIFA, will take place at the Estadio Olimpico Atahualpa in Quito, kicking off at 2 PM local time (2 PM EST) on November 8.  The return leg is scheduled to be played on December 2 in Trinidad & Tobago.

The winner of the series will earn one of the three remaining available World Cup berths.  Twenty-one finalists are confirmed, including an all-time high of four teams from CONCACAF.

CONCACAF Women’s Championship champion United States – Women’s World Cup champion in 1991 and 1999 -- has qualified for its seventh consecutive Women’s World Cup, while CONCACAF runner-up Costa Rica will debut.

The two CONCACAF Women’s Championship finalists will be joined in Canada by third-place CONCACAF Championship finisher Mexico.

World Cup host Canada also has its spot assured in the tournament. Trinidad & Tobago will increase the number to five CONCACAF representatives, if it emerges victorious from the series versus Ecuador.

The draw for the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015 will take place on December 6, in the National Capital Region of Ottawa-Gatineau.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »
Sancho wants greater support for TT women
By JOEL BAILEY Tuesday, October 28 2014 (T&T Newsday)

FORMER TRINIDAD and Tobago defender Brent Sancho is calling for greater support for the national women’s team, as they prepare for their 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualification CONCACAF-CONMEBOL playoff against Ecuador, on November 8 (in Ecuador) and December 2 (in TT).

The winner of the two-leg playoff will progress to the Women’s World Cup in Canada.

Trinidad and Tobago failed to gain automatic qualification on Sunday, when they fell to a 4-2 defeat, in extra-time, by Mexico in the third-place playoff of the CONCACAF Women’s Championships at the PPL Park in Chester, Pennsylvania, United States.

According to Sancho, in a telephone interview yesterday, “I think, first and foremost, we failed these women, with the preparation that they had, not just the (US) $500 fiasco but even before that. I think we failed them miserably, in terms of making sure that everything was in place for their preparation to be successful.

“I think it’s imperative that we, not just the governing body but also Government and corporate Trinidad and Tobago give priority to these bunch of girls (for them to qualify) to the World Cup by making sure that we give them every single thing needed to assist with their qualification,” he added. “I don’t think we should leave any stone unturned to make sure that we put all that we need to be put in place, and we don’t spare any expense.”

Sancho was a member of the “Soca Warriors” team, under the guidance of Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker, that qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.

But the national women squad, dubbed the Soca Princesses, will have to play the first leg of the playoff at altitude in Quito, Ecuador.

Asked about the altitude factor, Sancho replied, “from my experience playing the sport, it’s always a difficult proposition for any team. I’ve seen World Champions and all struggle to play at altitude. Our CONCACAF neighbours Mexico have consistently used it to their advantage.”

He continued, “scientifically, there are procedures that are available to at least give yourself a fighting chance when it comes to altitude. I think that is the realm that we need to go down.”

TT women coach Randy Waldrum was unable to maintain consistency in the starting line-up, as injuries took its toll, with midfielders Tasha St Louis, Karyn Forbes, Ayanna Russell and Janine Francois all spending time on the treatment table.

Sancho, currently the managing director of local club Central FC, noted, “I feel that we can’t leave any stone unturned. I know for a fact there are many players that have Trinidad parentage that play in the US, and here as well. I think we really need to go out there and scratch the surface, and see if we can get players that are of the calibre that could give us that added impetus to push the team forward.”

He added, “when you look at the adversity that this team had throughout the campaign, not just the off-the-field fiasco but the injuries, we need to go out there and probably the players that are within our reach, we need to get them here and make sure they are part of the programme.

“We need to get a pool of players ready, fit and available, to make sure that qualification is our number one goal,” he ended.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
My Ecuadorean colleague tell me this morning that Atahualpa ent no easy place to play.
He played there before and he say is real licks if you ent accustom.
One possible good thing he say is dat de stadium may not be ram.

We have to make sure to ram out we home ground.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »
We get permission to post Joel Bailey articles again?  :)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 09:38:42 PM »
We get permission to post Joel Bailey articles again?  :)
:thumbsup:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 09:54:03 PM »
My Ecuadorean colleague tell me this morning that Atahualpa ent no easy place to play.
He played there before and he say is real licks if you ent accustom.
One possible good thing he say is dat de stadium may not be ram.

We have to make sure to ram out we home ground.

I would be surprised if it ram. Footage from the CONMEBOL qualifiers didn't reveal an overwhelming level of support.

This game is likely to be one of the last "big" events before things change. Earlier this year, the go ahead to modernize the stadium went through. After 60 plus years, iz a bit of a relic.

They modernized the airport fairly recently ... so the stadium would be a second major municipal project.
What's proposed is damn impressive.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 08:23:24 AM »
Yeah.......okay.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 04:04:17 PM »
Sancho wants greater support for TT women
By JOEL BAILEY Tuesday, October 28 2014 (T&T Newsday)
FORMER TRINIDAD and Tobago defender Brent Sancho is calling for greater support for the national women’s team, as they prepare for their 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualification CONCACAF-CONMEBOL playoff against Ecuador, on November 8 (in Ecuador) and December 2 (in TT).

Well look thing nah- yes calling for support is admirable but during the dire straits these women were in at the onset, I did not hear of FC reaching out to assist; I did not hear of anyone of the 2006  Socawarriors recipients of a government handout willing to part with funds ; by the way ent the 2006 recipients were suppose to be actively pursuing someone else to procure funding then ent they suppose to pay back the government prior to the 2015 elections?

Right like the government seeing that money- rob Peter to pay Paul. Just like people go pay back Life Support- see if this nonsense was in order the plead for support may have been a non issue.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »
Perhaps our local clubs could support our National teams by releasing players for national duty and training instead of frankomeh blocking them from national duty.

Oh wait....ah fuhget this call for support is just for the women

My bad
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 02:43:28 AM »
Soccer Women fly out
T&T Express Reports

TRINIDAD and Tobago senior women’s football team will depart for Mexico City today at 3:30 p.m. for a live-in training camp ahead of their away leg of the FIFA World Cup play-off with Ecuador on November 8. The return leg is scheduled for Port of Spain on December 2.

The entire contingent who returned home on Monday night, will fly out of Piarco Airport, and will be joined in Mexico by head coach Randy Waldrum and the other US-based staff members and players.

The training camp will take place at the Training Centre (Centro de Capacitación, CECAP), one of three operational centres of the Mexican Football Association. The T&T squad are scheduled to arrive in Ecuador on November 5.

Yesterday, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association issued a release thanking the Ministry of Sport and Sportt Company for their generous support towards the women’s team through this qualifying campaign and also the men’s senior team, who are getting ready to contest the Caribbean Cup Finals in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

“We’re obviously pleased that the TTFA and the Ministry of Sport have been able to get things in place for this training camp in Mexico.

Everything had to be rushed because of the close timing between our last game and Ecuador away leg. But these few days will go a long way in getting the squad focused and ready again for the match,” Waldrum told TTFA Media.

“We’ll have a good look at the current squad and maybe a look at a couple new players as well during the Mexico camp and get the best possible team to head into Ecuador.”

T&T returned after a fourth-place finish at the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championships in the United States at which the host country, Costa Rica and Mexico were also featured.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 11:46:17 AM »
Is it the exact same squad?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »
Some updates:

1. A German officiating crew has been selected for the encounter v. Ecuador .

Bibiana Steinhaus (ref), Katrin Rafalski (assistant ref), Marina Wozniak (assistant ref); Riem Hussein (4th official). Ref assessor is Swedish ... match commissioner is Dutch.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibiana_Steinhaus
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrin_Rafalski
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_Wozniak
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riem_Hussein

2. Our opponents were called into camp for 7:00pm on Tuesday. Training started yesterday (Wednesday).

Twenty two (22) called ...

Goalkeepers:
Shirley Viviana Berruz Aguilar (ROCAFUERTE F.C.) (starting keeper)
Andrea Carolina Vera Coral (U. SAN FRANCISCO)
Irene Lisset Tobar Mera *** (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)

Defenders:
Ligia Elena Moreira Burgos C (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)
Tamara Arelis Angulo Cuero (UNIÓN ESPAÑOLA)
Katherine Solange Ortiz Simisterra (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)
Nancy Lorena Aguilar Murillo (7 DE FEBRERO)
Merly Cristina Zambrano Mendoza (ESPUCE)
Iliana Katherine Bowen Bravo (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)

Midfielders:
Mayra Fabiola Olvera Reyes (7 DE FEBRERO)
Angie Paola Ponce Baque (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)
Ingrid Roxana Rodríguez Alvarado (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)
Adriana Margarita Barre Cusme (GALÁPAGOS F.C.)
Kerlly Lizeth Real Carranza (QUITO F.C.)
Medelein Estefanía Riera Bajaña *** (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)

Forwards:
Andrea Denisse Pesántes Tenorio (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)
Erika Paola Vásquez Valencia (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)
Giannina María Lattanzio Flores (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)
Ambar Gillians Torres Laz (ROCAFUERTE F.C.)
Carina Elizabeth Caicedo Caicedo (QUITO F.C.)
Mónica Quinteros Cabeza *** (7 DE FEBRERO)
Kelly Jahaira Vera Delgado *** (GRUPO 7)

*** new to the squad
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:11:26 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 03:45:16 PM »
Damn, we playing club ROCAFUERTE!!!  Hard Rock!!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:47:45 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 01:39:48 AM »
Damn, we playing club ROCAFUERTE!!!  Hard Rock!!!!

Rocafuerte will be Ecuador's representative in the Copa Libertadores Femenina. Ah doh know how they will make out with 12 players called for national duty, because the CFL starts on Wednesday and Roca is scheduled to play on the 5th, the 8th, and the 9th (here's the kicker ... in Sao Paulo, Brazil!).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 02:05:07 AM »
Update

Ecuador is trying to find an opponent to scrimmage on Saturday. According to sources, they are actively looking, but have not secured a team to play yet.

Arauz, the coach, was in the US during the CONCACAF tourney and has video compilation of our games ... strengths/vulnerable areas. No surprise: they consider us fast, but not technical.

On Wednesday they had age group players in camp working with the NT players. Yesterday they did 2 sessions. Not verified, but the age group players were said to be as young as U-14.

Arauz has 4 new call ups in that squad of 22 ...Irene Tobar, Estefanía Riera, Kelly Vera and Mónica Quinteros (placed an asterisk by their names above for convenience) ... these players replace Génesis Casierra, Sofía Carchipulla, Inés Johnson and María Isabe (who all took part in the Copa America tourney).

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:53:15 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 07:00:52 AM »
Looks like we calling up new players too.  Ivan Sampson's daughter Jasmine left for Mexico yesterday.....  Not sure who else got called in though.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 09:23:31 AM »

How come no one from Howard U. was called up??????

Nia Walcott .......

http://hubison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2334 

http://hubison.com/news/2014/10/24/WSOC_1024143831.aspx

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »
Wish list: Can get another stopper and have King playing Central midfield with Johnson. I think Hutchinson could do it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 10:49:41 AM »
Come December 2, when we prevail ... there will be a more structured approach to identifying potential WC participants. I don't doubt that.

Not everybody could be identified and transitioned into this Mexico City camp. However, it points to a call made several times ... there should be a liaison tracking players outside of the country.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »
Come December 2, when we prevail ... there will be a more structured approach to identifying potential WC participants. I don't doubt that.

Not everybody could be identified and transitioned into this Mexico City camp. However, it points to a call made several times ... there should be a liaison tracking players outside of the country.

Their is a liaison however on they flip side any Trini woman involved in high level footie should've already been contacting the team with their intentions.  When we qualify you will see every Trinnie with dual citizenship knocking on Randy's door to try and make the team.

Have a great camp ladies.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:40:29 PM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 02:17:55 PM »

Their is a liaison however on they flip side any Trini woman involved in high level footie should've already been contacting the team with their intentions.  When we qualify you will see every Trinnie with dual citizenship knocking on Randy's door to try and make the team.

Who is the liaison?

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:40:49 PM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »
ALMOST THERE: T&T Women’s coach Randy Waldrum

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/TT-women-settle-in-Mexico-281146552.html

T&T women settle in Mexico
Story Created: Oct 31, 2014

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior women’s team had their first training session at the Training Centre (Centro de Capacitación, CECAP) in Mexico City yesterday.

Head coach Randy Waldrum conducted a training session which lasted for just over an hour as the team settled in following their arrival on Thursday night. The team is staying at the Fiesta Inn.

Team manager Vernetta Flanders said the players were in good spirits and focused on making full use of the training camp there before departing for Ecuador on November 5.

“The girls are in good spirits. The head coach had his first session earlier today and it’s been pretty decent for us here so far. I think the players are all focused on the task at hand. Some of them have been to Mexico before for previous international matches so it’s just a matter of getting in the preparations before we head to Ecuador in a few days,” Flanders said.

Skipper Maylee Attin-Johnson said she was quite pleased with the facilities.

“We have settled in really well. We are two hours behind so we are still trying to adjust to the time zone,” she told TTFA Media.

“Training went well this morning.  The altitude is a bit challenging but with the right attitude our body will get used to it leading into the Ecuador match.”

The players also received their allowances for the CONCACAF Championship which ended last week, as well as the Mexico training camp and the first leg in Ecuador, prior to their departure  on Thursday evening. The funding was provided by the Ministry of Sport. Aside from the T&T versus Ecuador playoff, Italy, Netherlands also defeated  Scotland 4-1 on aggregate this week and will now face Italy in another playoff  in November  for the final European ticket to Canada.

The Ivory Coast qualified  for the World Cup on Saturday with a goal six minutes from time to defeat South Africa 1-0 and finish third at the African championship in Windhoek, Namibia. For the Ivorians, it was a welcome reprieve after losing to Cameroon on a 118th-minute goal in the African semifinal.

Nigeria won the African championship for the ninth time with a 2-0 victory over Cameroon, who both qualified by reaching the final.

The official draw for the Women’s World Cup is scheduled for December 6 in Ottawa. The tournament will take place from June 6th to July 5th in Moncton, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>