March 28, 2024, 06:02:44 AM

Author Topic: How did lincoln phillip become T&T women team assistant coach?  (Read 6886 times)

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How did lincoln phillip become T&T women team assistant coach?
« on: October 30, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »
How did lincoln phillip become T&T women team assistant goalkeeper coach?

I am just asking, when did they advertise for the position?

I have been following T&T football in and out as my schedule keeps me away but now my time has freed up and I just wanted to know, can anyone help?

And I know they were advertising for a new TD, then anyone get the job?

I find it strange that lincoln son works for the TTFF and now he has gotten the job without going through the right channels, I feel there is a lack of interest there?

Next thing we might hear is that Derek Phiilip will be team manager.

:D

I don't like to see these kind of things happen, Kamla did the same when she won election too.

I guess its not what you know, but whom.

Cant wait for the new constitution, I guess Tim Kee is doing a new one for his personal gain, like Jack Warner did.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:52:46 PM by Errol »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How did lincoln phillip become T&T women team assistant coach?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 04:57:14 PM »
Head coaches get to choose who they wish to work with?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 05:11:57 PM »
And it just happens to be the General Secetary's dad.

So the coach hired his son and Sheldon hired his dad.

Go figure.

I think Stephan Hart should bring his son to and while they at it, Derek King should bring his boy as well.

No wonder Lasana rip these guys apart every chance he gets.

And Tim Kee talks about transparent and image.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »
Ok, I'll play along ... How many ppl you know willing to work for nutten?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 05:42:22 PM »
U eh drink the koolaide? What u askin?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »

Bonus sharing the man who went wit a camera and all gettin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »

I was told, ALL coaching members will be paid.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:11:27 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 07:18:07 PM »

Latas get pay yet?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 07:23:34 PM »

Latas get pay yet?  ;D

Present not past coaches.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 07:40:13 PM »
It is quite common for a Head Coach to request a particular assistant. I have even seen a coach take the equipment man when he moved to  a new club. If Waldrum requested Lincoln Phillips, then it's just a coincidence that Sheldon is Gen Sec of TTFA.  Lincoln is an acceptable face for T&T football, however, I do wonder if he is a little old to be a coach, rather than a technical director.

My concern is that the staff each received $50k bonus. I can understand a bonus being paid if we reach WC15. I feel the girls deserve it for their efforts over the last 12 months. But staff who just joined the team over the last few weeks, I think is questionable. I'd rather see Waldrum get a bonus and then maybe look at the input from each individual. It also sets a dangerous precedent. Will the U20 staff receive bonuses? What about the senior team staff? However, I believe this was not a decision made by TTFA, but by the Sports Minister.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 07:43:24 PM »

Go figure.

I think Stephan Hart should bring his son to and while they at it, Derek King should bring his boy as well.

I eh drinking your cool aid breds. LP did a great job with the GKs. He is a qualified coach.  He is an excellent GK coach bar none. He is the right man for the job at this moment. For the future when TTFA have their new constitution in place and elections completed, then we will see things "by the book" so to say.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 07:48:56 PM »
It is quite common for a Head Coach to request a particular assistant. I have even seen a coach take the equipment man when he moved to  a new club. If Waldrum requested Lincoln Phillips, then it's just a coincidence that Sheldon is Gen Sec of TTFA.  Lincoln is an acceptable face for T&T football, however, I do wonder if he is a little old to be a coach, rather than a technical director.

My concern is that the staff each received $50k bonus. I can understand a bonus being paid if we reach WC15. I feel the girls deserve it for their efforts over the last 12 months. But staff who just joined the team over the last few weeks, I think is questionable. I'd rather see Waldrum get a bonus and then maybe look at the input from each individual. It also sets a dangerous precedent. Will the U20 staff receive bonuses? What about the senior team staff? However, I believe this was not a decision made by TTFA, but by the Sports Minister.

I wish this abrupt gifts/incentives should wait after the competition is over. What should be given is the stipend or fees(whatever) when the team is going for official games. This vay-kee-vay manner in gift giving appears more like bribing to me. That is what get Jack in trouble.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:55:53 PM by Deeks »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »

Go figure.

I eh drinking your cool aid breds. LP did a great job with the GKs. He is a qualified coach.  He is an excellent GK coach bar none. He is the right man for the job at this moment. For the future when TTFA have their new constitution in place and elections completed, then we will see things "by the book" so to say.

So continue to operate as no book exist until we get d book. That is yuh logic  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 10:28:03 PM »
Lincoln Phillips got to be an assistant the same way Ben Waldrum got to be an assistant coach, the head coach chose him.  Same way Paul Lambert chose Roy Keane as his assitant at Villa.  Since when do FA's foist assistants on their managers?  The notion is so silly that it hardly merits as serious response... but this is Trinidadians we talking about after all.  And I don't think any of the coaches received any salaries, all of them volunteered their time.  In fact, Lincoln was "volunteering" long before he was asked to help out the goalkeepers, since it was him spearheading efforts to buy the women gatorade and water etc. in Dallas. 

As to the talk that he's too old... Lincoln is 73.  Vicente Del Bosque is 63, Scolari is 65... Alex Ferguson is 72... but somehow Lincoln is too old to help out on a part-time basis with the women's team.  A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 02:43:54 AM »
Bakes, how long you going and keep defending Sheldon and the TTFA for doing things the wrong way.

Now, this have nothing to do with Lincoln ability as a coach, even though, some man here like de next whistle blower (deeks) saying Lincoln improve de goalkeepers and he only here 3 weeks now, shit, if he that good, he should jump over to de mens team then cause Jan need help.

Anyhow, wasn't Lincoln de one who got Waldrum de job in de first place?

So I guess in return, one hand washes de other, favor for favor. De head coach hired his son and his employer.   :rotfl:

Lincoln just jump on the team, easy like that, he showed up and decided he want to coach or Waldrum felt he owe him?

Ent 2 years ago Lincoln get de assistant coach job for Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team, wha become of that?

Bakes, de senior team men coaches get paid yet, Latas get paid? how long now they owe them money?

I heard the coaching staff will be paid in December after the Ecuador game.

Oneday, we have no coach, de next day, we have coach, TD, assistant and water boy and all of them related.

Some getting fired after de fact, like Marlon Charles and then rehiring, infact, I see Lincoln and Ben on de bench, but where was Charles?

Is de way they do things.

Sheldon, I want ah work to !!!

Ah wonder when Seattle Sounders coming back?
http://www.socawarriors.net/league/league-news/tt-pro-league/10532-seattle-coach-vouch-to-make-tat-a-frequent-stop.html

TTFF business must be placed in the open
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/federation-news/9141-ttff-business-must-be-placed-in-the-open.html

Why FIFA must be enlisted to change T&T football
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/federation-news/10632-why-fifa-must-be-enlisted-to-change-tat-football.html

Hunt: No money for Phillips
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/senior-team-news/4325-hunt-no-money-for-phillips.html

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:59:28 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 03:57:01 AM »
Never a dull moment. Ppl going to spill dey coffee or tea or OJ when dey wake up.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 05:08:31 AM »
We like bacchanal. If it have none we go make some.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 05:14:39 AM »

Go figure.

So continue to operate as no book exist until we get d book. That is yuh logic  :beermug:

Go figure.

No, I don't think it is the appropriate way. But at this moment I have no issue with LP. as the  GK coach. He is not the head coach. When behnhaaker got hire, he insisted on his own staff.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 05:29:50 AM »
Sam, you should ask coach Hart what he is going to do about Jan's problem. And you should recommend a gk coach to solve his so called problem.

So what if Loyola and LP parted ways after 2 years. That is normal. If that was the case because of results, well that is how the world of sport works. Win or die.

Now you asking where is marlon Charles. I am surprise. Because most here think all the local coaches should be pushed aside in favor of a foreign coach. You got your wish.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 06:07:50 AM »
Sam, you should ask coach Hart what he is going to do about Jan's problem. And you should recommend a gk coach to solve his so called problem.

So what if Loyola and LP parted ways after 2 years. That is normal. If that was the case because of results, well that is how the world of sport works. Win or die.

Now you asking where is marlon Charles. I am surprise. Because most here think all the local coaches should be pushed aside in favor of a foreign coach. You got your wish.

Deeks, yuh head real hard.

Is de point ah trying to make on the way they does do things, you hear me say I like him? but that dont mean I wil just throw him down though.

Anyhow, you make yuh point.

I myself like Lincoln, but I just expected things to be done better, this is not Oliver Camps running de show again.

And FF, is bacchanal way they operating, so is bacchanal they go get, yuh pick what you plant.

Anyhow, do you thing Sheldon, just do it right.

And if you look in de thread where de women team going Mexico, I big them up as well, I give jack he jacket.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 06:15:08 AM »
You scratch my back, I will scratch yours- It is as simple as that or as Sam said One hand washes the other. It is as simple as that. My concern is about Marlon Charles in all this , I am surprised no one picked up on the article by Alvin Corneal who said Waldrum inherited a team that Charles had brought to that level.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »
Forget my name.

I have one big question for you guys.

What has Lincoln done since he worked in T&T for the 7 years he was here, name one thing he has done for the betterment of T&T football.

Please fill in the blanks.

This guy made hundreds of thousands of dollars from the T&T government and the TTFF and did nothing in the 7 years he was here.

He pushed Raymond to take the job.

Raymond was grateful to Lincoln, so he hired his son Sheldon.

Sheldon goes to his father for everything, the general sectary runs to daddy for everything, his father advise him to hire Waldrum because I know personally Waldrum and Lincoln are good friends.

Lincoln came to Texas and made a quick hustle and weaved his way into Waldrum's coaching staff and left him with no choice to to hire.

And now once again, Lincoln will be reaping money from tax payers pockets again, his family will be well paid.

You guys have the nerve to talk about Jack when the current TTFA is operation no better.

Teams are doing well because of individual skills and players.

There are no foundation in place.

Players are not paid or are made to fight for it if they get paid, they are not happy.

Coaches are not happy.

How can someone just walk into a team during a live camp and just get a job?

I think this is the first anyone has heard off such favoritism.

They should call Lincoln the recommendation coach, that's all he does.

And if the T&T women team fails, then all of a sudden you will hear all kind of excuses.

If Alvin or Jack had done this, you would not have heard the last of it.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 08:03:04 AM »
Lincoln Phillips got to be an assistant the same way Ben Waldrum got to be an assistant coach, the head coach chose him.  Same way Paul Lambert chose Roy Keane as his assitant at Villa.  Since when do FA's foist assistants on their managers?  The notion is so silly that it hardly merits as serious response... but this is Trinidadians we talking about after all.  And I don't think any of the coaches received any salaries, all of them volunteered their time.  In fact, Lincoln was "volunteering" long before he was asked to help out the goalkeepers, since it was him spearheading efforts to buy the women gatorade and water etc. in Dallas. 

As to the talk that he's too old... Lincoln is 73.  Vicente Del Bosque is 63, Scolari is 65... Alex Ferguson is 72... but somehow Lincoln is too old to help out on a part-time basis with the women's team.  A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country.

Ridiculous comparisons. A goalkeeping coach is hardly a tactical position. It's primarily physical. As I clearly stated, I believe Lincoln's value would be more in the technical arena. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive that Lincoln could advise the GK coach on ways to improve the keepers, which, again, is why I specified technical.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:06:37 AM by Football supporter »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 08:45:33 AM »
 :rotfl:
we need help, we need help, there is no money, hardly anybody can be paid
but be warned, we don't want help from no friend & family, cause ppl might say 'fren ting'
oh, an no local neither, cause since everybody in TT, know or have some relation with everybody else..then is 'fren ting'
so we could only ask foreigners to come and work for free..

but wait Sheldon ask he father for help ..that is a nono, 'fren ting'
he father talk to a friend , nono, dah iz 'fren ting'
he friend bring he son, nono dah iz 'fren ting'
he friend and son ask him to come, nono dah iz 'fren ting'
the girls were relatively successful and the friends win support..that's great, forget 'fren ting'
the government decide we tired throw money behind lost projects, hey we give Shaq an all a million, crime still on
let we throw money behind something concrete, well is politics, and 'fren ting' come back again
the coach of the girls who had them for years, doh have no friend or chose not to work under no foreigner working for free
'fren ting' rule
to go help with some finances after ALL the fren ting, well 'fren ting' come back again

everybody here willing to help, but we cyah just ups and work for free, we have family an weself to mind, no 'fren ting'
besides dem doh want we, we doh have no 'fren'..we not even 'fren' with each other
so we cyah wuk for free and we have no fren

The minister did tell Sheldon long time he was giving bonus (musbe he fren), so he tell Linc, call yuh fren, tell him put yuh on the staff, come and spend 2 , 3 months just sitting with the girls for free, and yuh MIGHT collect 10,000 US dollars later..Linc, dad, pardna...yuh set for the rest of yuh life

if yuh move like Charles doh and doh have no fren, yuh does get burned.. forget, what the players say, bout how we feel we working better an harder for a change, Randy just take dem Ben & Jerry's,   more 'fren ting' yes!

I on kicks eh
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:51:59 AM by maxg »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 08:52:08 AM »
Sometimes I wonder how many bees does be in some peoples' bonnet!!!! Like who care. How the man came to be coaching the team. Is the appointment helpful or harmful? Mr Phillips, one of our most celebrated  athletes at his position, most qualified in terms of experience, and  in past. coaching  does add instant credibility and  if I may say does not detract from a team that was clamouring for coaching guidance.

Here we have one of our very best stepping up to lend his service to the betterment of our national team and this  is appoint of question?
Look Latapy had less coaching credentials and coaching experience than Mr Phillips yet Latapy  was appointed at a crucial time to coach our men's team . There were cheers of support then- why is it at times we seem so critical to support  and  question our own? Yet in foreign land our own is sometimes accepted?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »
good question Errol. Thanks for askin!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »
Yuh have to care.

Again nobody saying that he eh have ah right to be there, just it seems he get slip in on de side daiz all. How hard it is for Fuentes to drop ah verse saying Lincoln on board at the request of the Head Coach.

Look is because Mr. Live Wire Axe-to-grind Hate-the-TTFA ask question that I get to find out that we have an acting/interim TD. When and how that happen?

Ah does always say, once football playing on the field many of alyuh do h care who run it, how they run it, accountability or no accountability, alyuh do care. Just gimme football and ah good.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 09:13:15 AM »
Yuh have to care.

Again nobody saying that he eh have ah right to be there, just it seems he get slip in on de side daiz all. How hard it is for Fuentes to drop ah verse saying Lincoln on board at the request of the Head Coach.

Look is because Mr. Live Wire Axe-to-grind Hate-the-TTFA ask question that I get to find out that we have an acting/interim TD. When and how that happen?

Ah does always say, once football playing on the field many of alyuh do h care who run it, how they run it, accountability or no accountability, alyuh do care. Just gimme football and ah good.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A</a>

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 09:36:47 AM »
Not siding with the protocol of the TTFF, but if Lincoln recommended Waldrum for the job, we real luck, cause de man have pedigree.  A head coach usually chooses his own backroom staff, so all this fuss about Lincoln being on the sidelines with the women's team, is a bit hyped up.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 09:40:57 AM »
Boss post maxg and tenorsaw.
(Thanks for the paragraphs max  ;D )

I was discussing the tournament with a colleague and he was amazed that we managed to have Randy Waldrum coaching us.
Had nothing but great things to say.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:54:51 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>