March 28, 2024, 11:43:29 AM

Author Topic: Hart selects 23-man squad for Caribbean Cup finals.  (Read 8245 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Hart selects 23-man squad for Caribbean Cup finals.
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 06:34:01 AM »
Good luck to team T&T ! I have got to come back home and catch a glimpse of this team , hopefully next year god willing.

Any online streams for foreign based Trini's like myself to support the lads? Wishing them the very best from England.

Streams usually show up just before game time. Maybe. At worst, there'll be a radio stream.

Offline Orient Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »
Cheers Dinner Mints
Born in Trini, Working in England.
Come on you O's !

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3l5HHIDW2OY&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3l5HHIDW2OY&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 10:30:12 AM »
FS, how many unattached former Central players you want on the team?

We don't need Plaza and Rundell. We already have Marshall, to many club less players not good.

Good call by Hart, we need to see other players.

Good luck to the team.

The bigger the pool, the better for the future.

You know de funny thing, these foocking players so dotish is ah shame, they back in T&T and they are active national players but yet they sit down skinning up they ass in de air waiting for a call.

They know de Caribbean cup coming up and they know when, call de coach, doh wait for a call, call and let him know that you training with Central and you available.

It good now.

If being dunce was a crime, all ah them woulda get lock up.

FS had to tell Hart they training.

Allyuh sit down and wait, allyuh is premadonnas, coach go hunt allyuh down.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:31:48 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2014, 01:06:21 PM »
Good luck to team T&T ! I have got to come back home and catch a glimpse of this team , hopefully next year god willing.

Any online streams for foreign based Trini's like myself to support the lads? Wishing them the very best from England.

Dey gettin internet in Leyton now?  :rotfl:

Offline Orient Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2014, 01:33:48 PM »
Why yes they do  ;D

Born in Trini, Working in England.
Come on you O's !

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2014, 03:02:38 AM »
Hyland, Peltier to join Warriors in Montego Bay.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

European-based midfield duo Khaleem Hyland and Lester Peltier are among six players named in the Soca Warriors squad for next week’s 18th Caribbean Football Union Cup Finals in Jamaica, who will link up with the team in Montego.

Contacted yesterday, William Wallace manager of the team said Hyland of Belgium’s Racing Genk, Peltier of Slovakian champions Slovan Bratislava along with the quartet of Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge/England), Kevan George (Columbus Crew/USA), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Kruoja Pakruojis/Lithuania) and Justin Hoyte (Millwall/England) will all journey from their respective clubs on Sunday to link up with the team ahead of their Group matches against Curacao (Tuesday 11), French Guiana (Thursday 13) and defending champions Cuba, two days later. At the end of which the pool winner will advance to the final on November 18, all at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.

Hyland is expected to line up for fifth placed Racing Genk against sixth placed Standard Liege in a Pro League match on Sunday while Peltier’s Bratislava, fifth on the Super Liga standings tackles third placed Senica, and George’s and his Columbus Crew team-mates will try and overturn a 2-4 first-leg aggregate US Major League Soccer Conference semifinal first-leg score against New England Revolution.

Abu Bakr and his second placed Kruoja faces Suduva in the Lithuanian League and Hoyte is expected to feature for Millwall versus Brentford in the English Championship Division while Boucaud has the weekend off and will just meet the team there.

On Wednesday, US-based midfielder Kevin Molino, T&T’s star player in the semifinal wins over Dominican Republic (6-1), St Lucia (2-0) and Antigua & Barbuda (1-0) which put the team atop the CFU rankings, joined the other players in the 23-man squad called up by coach Stephen Hart as they continued preparations at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

They included Cardiff City striker and team captain Kenwyne Jones, Daneil Cyrus, Marvin Phillip, Adrian Foncette, Jonathan Glenn, Leston Paul, Jan-Michael Williams, Aubrey David, Joevin Jones, Carlyle Mitchell, Shahdon Winchester, Hughtun Hector, Jamal Gay and Ataullah Guerra. Hart is expected to conduct another session today from 5.30 pm before the team departs for Jamaica, in the morning in search of a record-ninth CFU Cup triumph, and first since 2001.

Pool B comprises three former winners in Haiti (2007), Jamaica (1991, 1998, 2005, 2008, 2010) and Martinique (1993) alongside former top ranked CFU team, Antigua & Barbuda. At the end of each round-robin group in Jamaica, the top teams will contest the final, while the second placed teams will meet for third spot.

All four teams competing on the final day will also qualify for next year’s Concacaf Gold Cup while there is also the added incentive that the CFU champions will compete at the 2016 Copa America, against the best of South America.

The best third place team from CFU (according to group stage results) will also have a chance to qualify for the Concacaf Gold Cup via a qualification play-off, against Honduras, the 2014 Copa Centroamericana fifth-placed team.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2014, 10:23:55 PM »

Hart optimistic ahead of Caribbean Cup Finals

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s football Head Coach Stephen Hart conducted a final training session on home soil at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday evening, ahead of flying out this morning for Jamaica. “It’s been a decent week for us. We got in a few sessions with the players that are here. Of course we will have about six guys who will meet the team in Montego Bay so we should have a full complement of players for the session on Sunday,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“I’ve seen a good effort from the players so far this week and that’s always good. The players have exhibited a strong sense of commitment and I think there is the belief among everyone in the squad that we can achieve our goal and be successful in this tournament. The first objective is qualifying for the Gold Cup next year but of course you go into a tournament wanting to win it also. So there is a lot at stake here and we’ll approach this tournament with the mindset that we’ve got to take care of business,” Hart added.

Iceland-based forward Jonathan Glenn is a new call up to the Soca Warriors. He had his first week of training with the squad and is hoping to make a positive impact during the tournament. “I am very humbled to be part of such a great squad and I’m looking forward to doing my best to contribute to a successful run in the Cup for our country,” Glenn said.

“It’s very special to be selected as it has been a dream to be here. I intend to make the most of this opportunity so I can be considered for future tournaments as well. The preparations itself has gone quite good and I’ve been welcomed into the squad. It’s just about learning more about each of my teammates and trying to give it my best at everything, both on and off the field and in training and game time,” he added.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Hart-optimistic-ahead-of--Caribbean-Cup-Finals-282042661.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2014, 12:51:13 AM »
Iceland-based forward Jonathan Glenn is a new call up to the Soca Warriors. He had his first week of training with the squad and is hoping to make a positive impact during the tournament. “I am very humbled to be part of such a great squad and I’m looking forward to doing my best to contribute to a successful run in the Cup for our country,” Glenn said.

“It’s very special to be selected as it has been a dream to be here. I intend to make the most of this opportunity so I can be considered for future tournaments as well. The preparations itself has gone quite good and I’ve been welcomed into the squad. It’s just about learning more about each of my teammates and trying to give it my best at everything, both on and off the field and in training and game time,” he added

Seemingly, dis fella doh need ah PR agent ... :applause:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2014, 02:58:37 AM »
Soca Warriors depart for Montego Bay.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Seventeen members of this country’s Soca Warriors will depart for Montego Bay at 6 am today where they will be joined by the six remaining overseas-based players remainder ahead of their opening 18th Caribbean Football UInion Cup Final encounter with Curacao on Tuesday at Montego Bay Sports Complex.

Yesterday, coach Stephen Hart conducted a final training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium which included Cardiff City striker and team captain Kenwyne Jones, Daneil Cyrus, Marvin Phillip, Adrian Foncette, Jonathan Glenn, Leston Paul, Jan-Michael Williams, Aubrey David, Joevin Jones, Carlyle Mitchell, Shahdon Winchester, Hughtun Hector, Jamal Gay, Kevin Molino and Ataullah Guerra.

They will be met in Jamaica by Khaleem Hyland of Belgium’s Racing Genk, Lester Peltier of Slovakian champions Slovan Bratislava, Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge/England), Kevan George (Columbus Crew/USA), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Kruoja Pakruojis/Lithuania) and Justin Hoyte (Millwall/England).

Speaking after the training session, Hart expressed some satisfaction with the work put in by the players as he looked ahead to matches against Curacao, French Guiana (Thursday) and defending champions Cuba, two days later, at the end of which the pool winner will advance to the final on November 18.

He said, “It’s been a decent week for us. We got in a few sessions with the players that are here. OF course we will have about six guys who will meet the team in Montego Bay so we should have a full complement of players for the session on Sunday (today).”

“I’ve seen a good effort from the players so far this week and that’s always good. The players have exhibited a strong sense of commitment and I think there is the belief among everyone in the squad that we can achieve our goal and be successful in this tournament.

The first objective is qualifying for the Gold Cup next year but of course you go into a tournament wanting to win it also. So there is a lot at stake here and we’ll approach this tournament with the mindset that we’ve got to take care of business.”

Iceland-based forward Glenn, a first time senior team call-up is also hoping to make a positive impact during the tournament for T&T as it hunts a first CFU title in 13 years after previous triumphs in 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999 and 2001.

“I am very humbled to be part of such a great squad and I’m looking forward to doing my best to contribute to a successful run in the Cup for our country,” Glenn said. “It's very special to be selected as it has been a dream to be here.

I intend to make the most of this opportunity so I can be considered for future tournaments as well. The preparations itself has gone quite good and I’ve been welcomed into the squad. It’s just about learning more about each of my teammates and trying to give it my best at everything, both on and off the field and in training and game time.”

Pool B comprises three former winners in Haiti (2007), Jamaica (1991, 1998, 2005, 2008, 2010) and Martinique (1993) alongside former top ranked CFU team, Antigua & Barbuda. At the end of each round-robin group in Jamaica, the top teams will contest the final, while the second placed teams will meet for third spot.

All four teams competing on the final day will also qualify for next year’s Concacaf Gold Cup while there is also the added incentive that the CFU champions will compete at the 2016 Copa America, against the best of South America.

The best third place team from CFU (according to group stage results) will also have a chance to qualify for the Concacaf Gold Cup via a qualification play-off, against Honduras, the 2014 Copa Centroamericana fifth-placed team.

T&T 23-Man Squad

Goalkeepers: Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillips (Pt Fortin Civic Centre), Adrian Foncette (Police).

Defenders: Radanfah Abu Bakr (Kruoja Pakruojis), Justin Hoyte (Millwall), Joevin Jones (HJK Helsinki), Daneil Cyrus (Ha Noi T&T), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps), Aubrey David (FF Jaro), Yohance Marshall (Unattached).

Midfielders: Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Kevan George (Columbus Crew), Ataulla Guerra (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Jamal Gay (Rovaniemen Palloseura), Hughtun Hector (Hanoi T&T).

Forwards: Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava), Kenwyne  Jones (Cardiff City), Jonathan Glenn (IBV), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Shahdon Winchester (FF Jaro), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2014, 01:07:22 PM »
A couple things from de coach interview:

1 - dem man real enjoy dat part of de session. Yuh always hear about "spirits being high" etc before a tournament and this "spirit" was manifest here. Nice to see and hear

2 - coach mention 4 games in 8 days which is against FIFA statutes. He also said some clubs have said they only want their players playing 2 games in that time period. So don't be surprised if there is heavy player rotation for this tournament.

It means winning the first game is even more critical
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2014, 06:55:48 PM »
Coach can use players for all 4 games of the bench in the 2nd half if some players are told to only play 2 games. This may be more helpful instead of using them for 2 full games seeing that our quality player pool is deep.

1]; } ?>