April 19, 2024, 12:30:42 PM

Author Topic: T&T football boss avoids another embarrassment.  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T football boss avoids another embarrassment.
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:55:31 AM »
T&T football boss avoids another embarrassment.
By Vinode Mamchan (Guardian).

With T&T’s national footballers gearing up for a live-in camp at the Carlton Savannah and looking to head towards the hotel in Port-of-Spain, a frantic call went out advising the players to hold their hands.

The Soca Warriors are preparing for the upcoming finals of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) tournament in Jamaica starting on November 10.

The T&T Football Association (TTFA) organised a camp for the players under the watchful eyes of coach Stephen Hart from November 2 to this Saturday.

The players were due to check in on Sunday at the camp venue but it is understood that when manager of the team William Wallace tried to check-in he was denied because of outstanding monies owed to the hotel by the TTFA.

According to a source close to the situation: “The hotel was not happy with all the promises made by the TTFA for monies outstanding and they were not going to take a chance and house the players for the week. To avoid the players being embarrassed, messages were sent to them that the camp would commence from Monday morning instead.”

The source continued: “The name of the president of the TTFA, Mr Raymond Tim Kee remains good, and he’s the person the hotel would have listened to. He provided a letter of comfort to the hotel and approval was granted to the TTFA for accommodation.”

The source also said: “The manager took it upon himself to source the funds to offset the bills, which were estimated at TT$160,000.

“The manager, who has gone beyond the call of duty many times before, started to look for money. We decided not to go to the Ministry of Sport or Sportt to get funding because we told ourselves we have other bigger projects that we would need assistance for from them.

“The manager them approached NLCB and they are giving us a commitment that they would help. The bill has not yet been sorted out and for this we have to thank the Carlton Savannah for their kind assistance in this regard.

“We however understand the position they are in and we cannot blame them because of all the broken promises they have gotten from people at the TTFA.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: T&T football boss avoids another embarrassment.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 04:51:12 AM »
Aye serious....what a shame...I mean....TK know about this how long ago....why the administration is be sticking so...is a fly by night operation they hv going on. Kinda vikey vikey thing is this. Lack of funds yes...preparation for upcoming tournament  and knowledge of this tournament been around for long time now....so can't blame lack of funds...Lack of planning and administrative duties on the TTFA behalf
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 09:34:11 AM »
Lil mistake and to many false promise and borrowing and trusting, this is not bad in de days when you go by tanti shop and trust some groceries.

However, Tim Kee came through.

Good job be the TTFA to fix would could have been a major problem.

According to meh boy Flex, he does always say, when yuh spit in de air it does fall back in yuh face.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:54:07 AM »
That is still embarrassing.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »
Another "reporter" with an ax to grind.   ::)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
Another "reporter" with an ax to grind.   ::)
Hold on. What is the grinding about or for. The piece is a little confusing, but it just states that the Hotel was burned in the past, and BECAUSE the management trust Tim Kee, they want official word. How is that a negative article towards the present Admin .. not sure I understand the sarcasm.. anyway things seemed to have moved along, today being the 11th.

add: no matter what..  TTFA  :whip:

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 07:58:40 PM »
Glad to know the TTFA can't hide like they use to.

At least the problem was fixed.

No problem.

Strive for excellence Tim Kee, u can't lose.

Give them a break guys, they are trying.

Good luck to all.

Offline Orient Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 08:47:35 AM »
Detailed information from the TTFA leak. I've been reading alot of Mr Liburd's stories on his website, wired868.com about the staff not being paid etc and surely there is an internal leak there.

Quite sad really. I did some work with a club in England and we have had financial problems but surely not one of us would leak negative information to the press. We would have got the sack and embarrass our peers.

The President and The General Sec. should quiz the TTFA employees with media ties. Whenever their is a media leak in England it generally comes within the communication department but I don't know If that's how it works in T&T.

Reading this story it is clear to see someone with an agenda, closely attached to it all.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:50:55 AM by Orient Trini »
Born in Trini, Working in England.
Come on you O's !

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 09:05:08 AM »
Detailed information from the TTFA leak. I've been reading alot of Mr Liburd's stories on his website, wired868.com about the staff not being paid etc and surely there is an internal leak there.

Quite sad really. I did some work with a club in England and we have had financial problems but surely not one of us would leak negative information to the press. We would have got the sack and embarrass our peers.

The President and The General Sec. should quiz the TTFA employees with media ties. Whenever their is a media leak in England it generally comes within the communication department but I don't know If that's how it works in T&T.

Reading this story it is clear to see someone with an agenda, closely attached to it all.

Good, we need someone inside, before Jack Warner use to hide everything and did what ever he wanted and got away free, no one would stand up to him or question him.

Freedom of speech.

You is ah Englishman, you should know better.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 10:19:44 AM »

Because it have nobody working at the hotel who know what going on.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 01:10:26 PM »

The leaks at TTFA are not just due to lack of salary payments. Much of it is political. 

Offline Orient Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »
Mr Sam, I meant from the TTFA's perspective that it's shocking (maybe only to me) that a paid staff member possibly has been leaking information to the national press and other related media.

I read this forum often and follow all the pages on facebook/twitter to keep up to date with Trini Football while I am abroad and I have been baffled that the current TTFA hierarchy have allowed a staff member to continuously embarrass them. I would think the boss there, be it the president or newly installed General Sec. must be fuming. I would like to see them be brave and send a statement. Small it may be in the public perspective but internally it must be rather embarrassing to have a member of staff slip negative info out and really heap embarrassment on his other employees who I am certain must have to deal with their friends and family asking them about another slip up they must endure.

I'm just thinking about the other staff with good intentions in the TTFA. I am sure it's not all doom and gloom in there and some people are really trying in tough circumstances.

And Mr Football Supporter I am sure you are right. Politics in sweet Trini is rampant in every industry. Shame.
Born in Trini, Working in England.
Come on you O's !

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 02:56:06 PM »

How would anybody working at the hotel know about what's going on inside the TTFA, about staff not being paid, parent paying $500 USD in envelope in the departure lounge etc?  Even for you, common sense shouldn't be that much of a challenge.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 02:58:52 PM »
Mr Sam, I meant from the TTFA's perspective that it's shocking (maybe only to me) that a paid staff member possibly has been leaking information to the national press and other related media.

I read this forum often and follow all the pages on facebook/twitter to keep up to date with Trini Football while I am abroad and I have been baffled that the current TTFA hierarchy have allowed a staff member to continuously embarrass them. I would think the boss there, be it the president or newly installed General Sec. must be fuming. I would like to see them be brave and send a statement. Small it may be in the public perspective but internally it must be rather embarrassing to have a member of staff slip negative info out and really heap embarrassment on his other employees who I am certain must have to deal with their friends and family asking them about another slip up they must endure.

I'm just thinking about the other staff with good intentions in the TTFA. I am sure it's not all doom and gloom in there and some people are really trying in tough circumstances.

And Mr Football Supporter I am sure you are right. Politics in sweet Trini is rampant in every industry. Shame.

It's not too hard to figure out who the leak is really... they know who it is.  People seem to think that the TTFA is being run under the same model as when Jack Warner was there, but the President and/or General Secretary don't have the power to just hire and fire people at will... much of that lies with the executive committee, many of whom are resistant to the changes being implemented, and at least two of whom are also sources of information for Lasana.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »

How would anybody working at the hotel know about what's going on inside the TTFA, about staff not being paid, parent paying $500 USD in envelope in the departure lounge etc?  Even for you, common sense shouldn't be that much of a challenge.

You see all that in that article? I just dealing with this.

We learn about the $500 on twitter, you forgetting. We did not need an "insider" to tell us that. Players eh getting paid, again we do not need an insider to say that. Players does talk that on the block.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:52:18 PM by elan »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
You see all that in that article? I just dealing with this.

We learn about the $500 on twitter, you forgetting. We did not need an "insider" to tell us that. Players eh getting paid, again we do not need an insider to say that. Players does talk that on the block.

I just messing with yuh with that 'common sense' talk... but no, all of that not in the article, but you didn't quote the article you quoted what Orient Trini stated, and his comments were particular to the media being privy to information that only an inside source could have.  We didn't learn about the $500 on Twitter, we learned about the parent paying the $500 from Lasana.  Lasana in turn, likely either get it from the 'insider' source yuh mention, or from another source with media connects as OT suggest.  More than just this one isolated example, other information leaked could only come from that other source.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »
We jest need to press on.

I really want to see the TTFA lift the level and whether money or no money operate real professional like. Make plans to suit what you can do, talk with players early, etc. We can't keep meeting things as they happen.

Good luck to them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 10:00:21 PM »
We jest need to press on.

I really want to see the TTFA lift the level and whether money or no money operate real professional like. Make plans to suit what you can do, talk with players early, etc. We can't keep meeting things as they happen.

Good luck to them.

Agreed, same here.  People don't realize how much power the executive committee have and how the Warner holdouts on the committee holding things up.  If the constitution reform pass it will make governance easier, and by then hopefully the financial situation will get better.

1]; } ?>