March 29, 2024, 12:20:48 AM

Author Topic: New goalie in T&T outfit.  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
New goalie in T&T outfit.
« on: November 08, 2014, 02:54:19 AM »
New goalie in T&T outfit.
T&T Express Reports.

ADRIAN FONCETTE looked good enough in goal for Police FC at the end of the last Pro League season that national head-coach Stephen Hart allowed him to train with the senior men’s national football team in June for friendly internationals against 2014 World Cup finalists Argentina and Iran.

Foncette failed to displace the established national keepers Jan-Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip, but did enough that Hart has included him in the squad for the Caribbean Cup finals in Montego Bay, Jamaica, starting next Tuesday through November 18.

Twenty-six year-old Foncette is the son of former Police player Glen Foncette. He played his school football at Fatima College, and almost had to give up goalkeeping when suffering tendon damage when his hand was injured in a car accident.

Five surgeries and numerous sessions of therapy later Foncette recovered sufficiently to take up a scholarship at the University of Albany.

Since joining the Pro League, he has played with San Juan Jabloteh, North East Stars and Police, where last season he showed marked improvement, and caught the eye of Hart, who, along with assistants Hutson Charles and Derek King, are regulars at Pro league matches.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: New goalie in T&T outfit.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »
Hopefully, he could push the other two GKs.  Our GK stock is very limited.

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
does anyone have info on Andre Marchan and his development?
He Is Highly

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 11:46:07 AM »
does anyone have info on Andre Marchan and his development?

I can't speak to his development, but he played with Club Sando last year in the Super League and he now plays with Defence Force in the Pro League.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »
Marchan is currently playing with Defence Force in the Pro League he is also carded to join the nxt Army Batch to train to become a soldier

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
give thanks...is he the starter for DF?

I know d youth had some issues but I really like him as a player
He Is Highly

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 02:57:08 AM »
Foncette thrilled with national team experience.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

National goalkeeper Adrian Foncette did not appear in any of this country’s Caribbean Cup matches in Jamaica but his journey over the past seven years has been quite a remarkable one. As such, the second placed medal he collected following T&T’s 4-3 loss on penalty kicks to Jamaica in final on November 18, felt like a winner’s prize in many regards.

Foncette suffered a near career ending injury in 2007 when his hand was badly damaged in a car accident on a return home from a gym session. He underwent six surgeries and rehab for just over four months and defied the odds to eventually return to playing. The injury sustained, it was said, usually leads to amputation.

He underwent physical therapy with Lisa Niles three times a week and occupational therapy with Leslie Garcia every other day in order to have any chance of playing again.

That paid off as Foncette was off to the University of Albany on a football scholarship where he eventually graduated with a major in economics and a minor in business administration. He had previously appeared for the T&T Under-20 team and was in training with the U-23 team before the accident occurred.

He returned to Trinidad, joining North East Stars before moving to Police in order to get more playing time in the local professional league. His solid performances between the sticks earned him a call up to the senior team where he has been the number three behind Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip.

“It’s a great experience just being included in the team. This is something I was working towards when I came back home after the accident in 2012,” the 26-year-old custodian said.

“It’s been a whole new experience playing and preparing at this level. Even though I didn’t play in any of the matches, just being in the locker room before and after matches and hearing and seeing everything going on at half time was an eye opener and something that will serve me well for the future.

“The team spirit was quite good and the squad has a good bond which I was glad to be part of. I can see us growing stronger and hopefully I can continue to improve my game get the opportunity again and someday get the chance to make my debut for the national team.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>