March 28, 2024, 07:13:22 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T WNT vs Ecuador WNT Game (02-Dec-2014)  (Read 37497 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T WNT vs Ecuador WNT Game (02-Dec-2014)
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2014, 11:52:57 PM »
That is level :bs:  You really reaching.

Forget the $500 thing. Care to compare the women's team to the men's team in support financially, and by fans.
Here I'll make it easier. Name - prior to the CFU Tournament - T&T Women's last friendly or game?

One swallow does not a summer make

If it's one thing I could rely on you for is your emotional histrionics.  In attempt to disprove my statement that the ladies are "as supported as" any of our other programs, you're quizzing me on when last they played prior to the CFU Tournament.  I'm really not sure what that would prove... the assumption is that if I don't know the answer, and that would mean what? 

The answer is Venezuela (twice)... but again, what does that prove/disprove?

It's not about you knowing the answer. That's an easy search. Prior to getting ready for CFU the women had not been together for almost a year, doing NOTHING.

For you to say the women are treated similarly to the men is very disingenuous. Take a poll on the forum and see how many had ever been to a women's game, more than once, prior to yesterday?

I can't believe you putting forth such misinformation.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:59:05 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2014, 12:07:06 AM »
It's not about you knowing the answer. That's an easy search. Prior to getting ready for CFU the women had not been together for almost 2 years, doing NOTHING.

For you to say the women are treated similarly to the men is very disingenuous. Take a poll on the forum and see how many had ever been to a women's game, more than once, prior to yesterday?

If it's not about me knowing the answer then what's the purpose of the question?  If I was to tell you that prior to the recent CFU Championship I also couldn't tell you who the Senior MNT last played would that make a difference?

But to your latter point... all of our teams suffer from consistent training and games... ALL.  On average it costs about TTD $1.3 million to bring the men to camp.  Not sure what it costs for the women or for the junior teams, but it should be evident that with money being an issue the TTFA will not be convening camps willy nilly.  And that's not even mentioning the other associated problems of finding quality opponents who are willing to play us, and then securing the release of players from their clubs.  For the most part these are challenges which plague all of our national programs, not just the men.  So if you're looking for perfect balance in the treatments of the men's and women's program then no you won't find a perfect balance, but the FA does as best as it can with limited resources.  To suggest that they're among the crowd who ignores the women's program and only comes in at the end to try and bask in glory is inaccurate.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
Is anyone worried about the psychological effect on the players after the game? For some of those players this was it, they most likely will not be able to qualify for another WC ad I think this defeat maybe to much for some.

I hope they did not break camp, and have given the players a couple days in the Hotel so they can interact with each other, talk things over, have each other for support and be able to just unwind and come to terms with what just happened.

They probably could have send them to Tobago for a couple days to get away.

I really hope the staff and administrators and administration paid close attention to how hard many of the girls took the defeat and put something in place to assist them.

Good post!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2014, 01:03:08 PM »
It's not about you knowing the answer. That's an easy search. Prior to getting ready for CFU the women had not been together for almost 2 years, doing NOTHING.

If it's not about me knowing the answer then what's the purpose of the question?  If I was to tell you that prior to the recent CFU Championship I also couldn't tell you who the Senior MNT last played would that make a difference?

But to your latter point... all of our teams suffer from consistent training and games... ALL.  On average it costs about TTD $1.3 million to bring the men to camp.  Not sure what it costs for the women or for the junior teams, but it should be evident that with money being an issue the TTFA will not be convening camps willy nilly.  And that's not even mentioning the other associated problems of finding quality opponents who are willing to play us, and then securing the release of players from their clubs.  For the most part these are challenges which plague all of our national programs, not just the men.  So if you're looking for perfect balance in the treatments of the men's and women's program then no you won't find a perfect balance, but the FA does as best as it can with limited resources.  To suggest that they're among the crowd who ignores the women's program and only comes in at the end to try and bask in glory is inaccurate.

Yes Bakes yuh right the Women does get treated like all other teams.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »
Yes...let's here your explanation of the so called support yuh talking bout. Cause either you blind, don't live in Trinidad and Tobago or haven't been following the women's national team until that game on Tuesday.

For starters there is the fallacy that the players were sent to [the CONCACAF 2015 World Cup Qualifying Tournament] with only $500... particularly the implication that they were expected to somehow get by on just that for the duration of the tournament.  The $500 was meant to cover transportation from the airport upon arrival, and then breakfast the following morning.  More finances were intended and was already in the works, it was not a last-minute something that came about as a result of Walrdum's hasty tweet.  He knew of this plan all along but thought all the money would come with the team, panicked... and here we are.

Not sure who the "powers that be" are, but there are different stakeholders, who put a varying amount of effort and support behind our sporting programs.  Not sure that the issue of the $500 is representative of any deliberate actions by the collective stakeholders.  There certainly is apathy, opportunism and malaise resident in certain quarters, but not sure that's true of the whole.

As stated, the women's program receives just about the same support as our other programs, there is no gender discrimination with regards to the aforementioned ills... those who are indifferent to the women's program are similarly indifferent to the men's program, the U-20 program, the U-17... it's equal opportunity apathy.  As I said, the ladies are as supported as any of the other programs... even among the fans.
OK children let's do some maths! This will be fun. No. 1 "More finances were intended and was already in the works" =  Unprepared for a world cup qualification tournament. Unprofessional, embarrassing, inexcusable. No.2 "the women's program receives just about the same support as our other programs = almost next to nothing + never enough. That's why the captain had to say at the press conference that money needs to START being put into women's football. And No. 3 "Not sure who the "powers that be" are" = either you support the "powers that be" and playing dumb or you need your head examined. Probably both. All them things you say dey reminds me of a saying. Oh yes. Don't piss on my back and tell me the rain is falling. Yup. That's the one.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »
OK children let's do some maths! This will be fun. No. 1 "More finances were intended and was already in the works" =  Unprepared for a world cup qualification tournament. Unprofessional, embarrassing, inexcusable. No.2 "the women's program receives just about the same support as our other programs = almost next to nothing + never enough. That's why the captain had to say at the press conference that money needs to START being put into women's football. And No. 3 "Not sure who the "powers that be" are" = either you support the "powers that be" and playing dumb or you need your head examined. Probably both. All them things you say dey reminds me of a saying. Oh yes. Don't piss on my back and tell me the rain is falling. Yup. That's the one.

1. "Unprofessional, embarrassing [and] inexcusable" to not have money because the former "Special Advisor" clean out the coffers and on top of that left the TTFA with a debt owed to the WC 06 players?  Okay.

2. Yes, this is true.  See above.

3. I'm not a mind reader.  The "powers that be" could be the TTFA leadership, SporTT leadership, the Ministry of Sports, or the PP government.  All of these entities exert a level of influence and "power" over football in TnT.

After you get you emotions in check feel free to come back and clarify who it is you were referring to. Or don't... really doesn't matter that much to me.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2014, 01:25:38 PM »
Dark energy and the recovery period
Trinidad Guardian Reports
By: Asha De Freitas-Moseley
Published: Friday, December 5, 2014
It was once thought that the dark space of the universe was lifeless, however it is now known that it is actually full of energy potential, referred to as “dark energy.”

As an athlete in training, look at your time in between training sessions as the same “dark energy”—a time when much can be happening to best prepare the body for performance in the next training session. In periodised programs, this time frame is referred to as the recovery period.

During competition, the time in between events is understood to be invaluable in readying oneself as best as possible. The time between training sessions, however, is not treated with nearly the same respect and for obvious reasons.

Many athletes here must also have jobs which would tend to compromise a person’s ability to ideally prepare their body for the next training session. From the fete match to the elite, this is the plight of many of our elite athletes, unfortunately.

In recent years in T&T, the passion for outdoor sporting and exercise activity has increased tremendously. The group setting seems to feed into a passion to continue and compete within the sport of choice, from runners to adventure racers. Against the odds, more and more adults are managing their time to cater for high intensity training. What is happening, therefore, is there is a large population of working professionals who spend a significant amount of their time in seated positions at office jobs training with the intensity of an elite athlete and this can be potentially harmful.

While prevention is always better than cure, the current reality is that people do not invest in the prevention of their injuries. Stretching after a hard training session. Foam rolling your body to reduce muscle soreness. Drinking good drinking water (the US Environmental Protection Agency recommends a pH of between 6.5 and 8.5 for drinking water) and eating healthy to properly nourish the body are all not given the sort of respect it should be given on a consistent enough basis.

Trinbagonians love to socialize and while I won’t speak for Tobagonians as I do not live in Tobago, there are many Trinis who see sport and alcohol as operating hand-in-hand, whether they are the participant or not and yes, this can be seen from the fete level to the amateur and national level of athlete participation.

For the elite athlete, recovery time is important so that every training session becomes a session to make the body stronger, faster and better than before. For the working professional who enjoys training in sport, recovery time should be seen as a tool for preventing injuries.

These reasons are linked but emphasis placed differently while aiming for the same final outcome i.e. to perform competitively. The difference between the groups is that one is being groomed to perform at the professional level and at some point will be committed to this goal on a full-time basis, whereas the working professional participates for personal satisfaction with more opportunities to compromise the ideals of their training requirements.

When people think about sports medicine, they often jump straight to traumatic injury, surgery, pain, braces, long periods of rehabilitation with no training. However, sports medicine techniques in the realm of preventing injury is expanding.

With techniques of fascial stretching, dry needling, naturopathic medicine, rehydration and nourishment tactics, breathing training…. Every professional in the sports medicine field will have something to offer to help with the recovery period. The best part about this, just like everything else about “prevention before cure,” it is significantly more cost effective.

Getting soft tissue work once a month to assist with keeping muscles supple is a lot more cost effective than neglecting the body, compromising circulation, facilitating muscle shortening/tightening, leading to muscle imbalances. Dry needling to deal with little tweaks in the muscle, contusions and such can be employed to potentially facilitate quicker recoveries from the battle scars of sport.

What many of us do not see when we witness athletic excellence is the dedication needed in between training sessions to facilitate progression. If you or your child participates in sporting activity and exercise regularly, get educated on how you can help yourself in between sessions and live happier, healthier lives in sport.

Dry needling to deal with little tweaks in the muscle, contusions and such can be employed to potentially facilitate quicker recoveries from the battle scars of sport.
Source: http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2014-12-05/dark-energy-and-recovery-period

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2014, 01:34:51 PM »
We need Jobs
Trinidad Express Reports
By Ian Prescott ian.prescott@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Dec 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM ECT
Story Updated: Dec 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM ECT
The Women Warriors need jobs.
Team captain Maylee Attin-Johnson specifically mentioned her colleague Ahkeela Mollon when she highlighted a problem facing many of the players on the national team, which failed to qualify for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup when it lost 1-0 to Ecuador Tuesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.
Many have been through the United States college system and have graduated with degrees, but cannot find jobs in Trinidad and Tobago. At best, most of them have gotten ‘on-the-job training’,” she said in an interview after the match.
Attin-Johnson also called for meaningful resources to be invested in women’s football.
“A lot of us are not only talented footballers, but we are very intelligent young ladies as well. We went abroad, got a degree, and it is very difficult to come back home and not get jobs,” Attin-Johnson pointed out. “So, hopefully the heads that be can facilitate that. Help us throughout our football career and even after.”
Like many of the older players, the women’s team captain has to think of a career ahead, and at age 28 she is unsure whether she will see another World Cup qualification campaign.
“Four years from now? It’s hard to say. Especially with a loss like this. I am very distressed at this moment,” Attin-Johnson stated. “A lot of things have to change for us to commit our time. We (are) getting older, so we have to find a career that will finance us through our lives,” she added.
The captain also called on the authorities to improve the status of women footballers, so that upcoming footballers do not have to face the hardship they went through during the World Cup qualifying campaign.
“Football is not my life, it a passion for me. I graduated with a degree in sport management, so I can fall back on that. But for the other kids coming up, who are in school right now, they have a lot of football to play. Granted, I hope, a lot of resources is pumped into women’s football,” she said.
“I hope now they can see what we can give and what a little resources and investment in women’s football can do. Hopefully, the head that be, take charge and start putting money into women’s football,” she added. “I hope a lot of resources is pumped into women’s football to make it easier for the ones going to school, and the ones that are coming up to have a way of life,” she ended.

Early August, 2014: US-based coach Randy Waldrum is hired and accepts leading the team without pay until the TTFA gets funding.

August 27: One day after winning the Caribbean Championship, captain Maylee Attin-Johnson and the team’s coach Randy Waldrum appealed for funding to gather the team together to train and prepare properly in preparation for the October 12-26 CONCACAF Women’s Championship.

October 5: Six days before the start of the CONCACAF Women’s Championship, some members of the Women Soca Warriors are stranded in T&T ahead because the TTFA had trouble raising $40,000 to process visas for the team. A planned pre-tour camp that was expected to include warm-up matches, is compromised and the TTFA scrambles to get the team together in time for their first match against world number one ranked USA.

October 6: The final members of the team travel to Dallas, Texas, four days after the team’s originally scheduled departure. In a last ditch effort the Ministry of Sport bailed out the TTFA providing financial support to cover costs for the training camp in Dallas to run until October 13 and other allowances and team-related expenses. Petrotrin provides casual wear and $75,000 to assist in the visa payments.

October 8: Coach Waldrum tweets about the T&T female soca warriors, “I need HELP! T&T sent a team here last night with $500 total. No equipment such as balls, no transportation from airport to hotel, nothing.”
October 9: The Haitian football team and the T&T diaspora in Dallas contribute over US$10,000 to the team. The coach is able to raise much needed funds while the Ministry of Sport injects over $200,000 to help the team.

November 26: Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar scolds the TTFA organisation to get its house in order to provide funding for football in T&T as she delivers a promised one-off $1.5 million incentive payment to the team.

December 2: At a post-match interview after their 1-0 loss to Ecuador, captain Attin-Johnson appeals for help with securing jobs as she and several of her teammates have failed to secure jobs despite being qualified.

FOOTBALL PASSION: Maylee Attin-Johnson yesterday.
Source: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/WE--NEED--JOBS-284701631.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
Anybody have any insights on why an Ecuadoran Air Force small passenger jet landed at Piarco this afternoon?

1]; } ?>