April 25, 2024, 08:59:44 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T WNT vs Ecuador WNT Game (02-Dec-2014)  (Read 37718 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T WNT vs Ecuador WNT Game (02-Dec-2014)
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
Advertising opportunities for companies on Dec 2.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Local businesses and corporate bodies can support the upcoming Fifa Women’s World Cup qualifier between T&T and Ecuador by purchasing advertising field boards for the encounter at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on December 2.

The field boards which are placed on the sidelines and behind the goals on the playing pitch will offer the opportunity for businesses to have a visual branding presence at the venue and on screen as the match will be broadcasted live in Ecuador and several South and Central American countries.

Because of the huge significance of the match with the winner qualifying for the 2015 Fifa Women’s World Cup, the game will also be shown on several television stations and sports show globally either delayed or via highlights package.

Income generated through field board sales will go towards the development of the national women’s teams as well as other national teams and development programmes.  Interested parties can get more information by contacting the TTFA offices at 623-9500, 681-5429 or 772 0248.

Tickets are currently on sale for the big match at $200 covered, $100 uncovered and kids under 12 free in the uncovered section. Kick off is at 6 pm.

Is jus so....
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »
I don't think we hyping this game enough. The TTFA  should be out there beating the bushes to ensure people show up at the game.

Ideas; Competitions and give away should be going on pell mell

1. Radio question of the Day (eg.T&T goal scorer/s from WCQ in the US leg, etc.)
2. Random Ticket and Game Shirt Give away. Eg. Anyone spotted in a T&T shirt get's a free ticket or Original game shirt. Pull up to a sweat in progress and when a man score, give a ticket or a shirt. If KFC is a sponsor, the 100th customer get's something
3. Organize a morning/after work show with one of the TV stations live on promenade with freebies and games to win stuff. Have players present.
4. Have a cross bar challenge and pk shoot out at the training field at HCS or at the QPS for freebies.
5. Players visit schools and give away items
6. Host 2hrs camps, san/do, central, town, east, bago for jr sec and primary schoolers free of charge with the players running it.
7. Win a trip to Tobago if you purchase (luck of the draw) the specially marked Golden (Warrior) ticket. Randomly distributed to ticket outlets.
8. Get field level access, photo op with players, autograph shirt, ball, and photo from players if you luckily purchase a specially marked JR warrior ticket (limited amount).
9. Predict the correct half time score prior to the game on twitter or facebook and win a prize at the game
10. Be at the game as 1 special winner will be selected to attend the WWC in Canada for the opening round games. Airfare, hotel, game tickets, and transportation plus $500 Canucks in spending money.

Things like these should be ongoing in the build up to the game. This will also allow potential sponsors and donators to see the kind of publicity they can recieve as part of the TTFA.

Come on guys lets work.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2014, 03:45:43 PM »
Elan don't worry, them refs alone will sellout :)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 03:50:06 PM »
I don't think we hyping this game enough. The TTFA  should be out there beating the bushes to ensure people show up at the game.

Ideas; Competitions and give away should be going on pell mell

1. Radio question of the Day (eg.T&T goal scorer/s from WCQ in the US leg, etc.)
2. Random Ticket and Game Shirt Give away. Eg. Anyone spotted in a T&T shirt get's a free ticket or Original game shirt. Pull up to a sweat in progress and when a man score, give a ticket or a shirt. If KFC is a sponsor, the 100th customer get's something
3. Organize a morning/after work show with one of the TV stations live on promenade with freebies and games to win stuff. Have players present.
4. Have a cross bar challenge and pk shoot out at the training field at HCS or at the QPS for freebies.
5. Players visit schools and give away items
6. Host 2hrs camps, san/do, central, town, east, bago for jr sec and primary schoolers free of charge with the players running it.
7. Win a trip to Tobago if you purchase (luck of the draw) the specially marked Golden (Warrior) ticket. Randomly distributed to ticket outlets.
8. Get field level access, photo op with players, autograph shirt, ball, and photo from players if you luckily purchase a specially marked JR warrior ticket (limited amount).
9. Predict the correct half time score prior to the game on twitter or facebook and win a prize at the game
10. Be at the game as 1 special winner will be selected to attend the WWC in Canada for the opening round games. Airfare, hotel, game tickets, and transportation plus $500 Canucks in spending money.

Things like these should be ongoing in the build up to the game. This will also allow potential sponsors and donators to see the kind of publicity they can recieve as part of the TTFA.

Come on guys lets work.

:beermug: :beermug:

Someone needs to send this list to Sheldon and the TTFA.

Elan should get a free pair of tickets to the game for coming up with these marketing ideas for the game.

If these ideas are all implemented then the stadium will be ram but the TTFA needs to get some zeal and energy to implement them.

It is not too late to implement all these ideas to generate excitement about the game with just under 2 weeks to go.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:53:35 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 06:13:50 PM »
Women Soca Warriors supporter tees now available at all Fan Club outlets (Movie Towne Mall - Port of Spain; Gulf City Mall - La Romaine; Trincity Mall - Trincity), and Heritage Sports (Scarborough, Tobago). Get yours now and be the 12th Warrior on December 2nd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HyrkKq2ey9M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HyrkKq2ey9M</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »
Whaaaattttttt?!!! De tees cost as much as de tickets? Look trouble! :)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »
Ah like the design on the back. That is bess thing.

$130 & $150 :-

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »
Women Soca Warriors supporter tees now available at all Fan Club outlets (Movie Towne Mall - Port of Spain; Gulf City Mall - La Romaine; Trincity Mall - Trincity), and Heritage Sports (Scarborough, Tobago). Get yours now and be the 12th Warrior on December 2nd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HyrkKq2ey9M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HyrkKq2ey9M</a>

I like it and I will buy one for my sister. The only thing I would have done differently is have the T&T flag as part of the print but it still looking nice

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 09:02:54 AM »
Waldrum, players fly in on Tuesday.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Guardian).

T&T’s senior women’s team head coach Randy Waldrum is expected to arrive in T&T on Tuesday, along with a number of US-based players, and will join the remaining players as they begin preparing extensively for the December 2 second leg Fifa Women’s World Cup playoff match against Ecuador.

The “Women Soca Warriors” will train at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, the venue for the highly-anticipated encounter.

Among the priorities of the coaching staff is to have each player fully fit for what can be described as the match of their lives. T&T will need a win to progress to the World Cup finals as the first match ended goalless.

A draw will not suffice for T&T unless the match also finishes goalless and goes to a penalty shoot-out. If Ecuador scores a goal and T&T fails to win the match, Ecuador will progress to the finals on the “away goals” rule.

Part of making sure the team is fully prepared, two conditioning coaches have worked with the team, along with a doctor and physiotherapist. According to T&T Football Association (TTFA) general secretary, this is crucial to the modern game and part of the flagship programmes or both the men and women’s senior national teams. He said the set-up will be used as a template for all national teams particularly in the lead up for such important qualifiers and tournaments.

History will be made if T&T defeats Ecuador  as the “Women Warriors” will be the first Caribbean team to represent at the Women’s World Cup and the second smallest in population. Phillips said he is working with certain ministries and agencies to see that the occasion lives up to the hype, with the inclusion of entertainment and a way in which to recognise those who have contributed to where the women’s team is currently.

“We need to acknowledge the pioneers of the women’s game, the coaches, the past players, the admins and I think December 2 will be the best time to do that,” said Phillips.

“We want the people to feel good about it. This is a team that believes in itself and they deserve it (to qualify).”

High demand for tickets

The original batch of 10,000 tickets are dwindling and at least a couple thousand more will be printed to satisfy the demand for the December 2, second leg match against Ecuador.

“The ticket sales are brisk,” Phillips said. He did not quote figures but said the TTFA will go forth with an advertising campaign “becoming the 12th warrior” this coming week to ensure the women’s team gets maximum exposure.

The tickets, which cost $200 for covered and $100 for uncovered stands, are being sold at the Fan Club, Kenny’s, Skinner Park, Ramsingh’s Sporting Goods, All Out, Econo Supermarket and at various other locations.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 09:05:19 AM »
Warrior Maylee
By STEPHON NICHOLAS (Newsday).

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Women Soca Warriors will be meeting Ecuador on December 2, from 6 pm, for a spot in the 2015 FIFA World Cup in Canada.

The game, carded for the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo, is the second leg of a FIFA World Cup play-off. The first leg ended in a goalless draw in Quito, Ecuador on November 8.

Here is a look at Maylee Attin-Johnson, captain of the Trinidad and Tobago women football team....

A LEADER must make sacrifices for the greater good, motivate one’s followers not only by words but by action. No-one epitomises those qualities more than national women’s football captain Maylee Attin-Johnson.

The 28-year-old former Diego Martin Secondary student has been entrusted with leading the Women Soca Warriors into battle on December 2 against Ecuador in what is expected to be a fiery cauldron at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo with a spot in the 2015 FIFA World Cup Finals in Canada up for grabs.

Maylee and the rest of the national team hold the hope of a nation on their shoulders with excitement and interest in women’s football at an all-time high in this country.

After agonisingly missing out on one of the three automatic qualifying places for the Canada World Cup by finishing fourth at the CONCACAF Women’s Championships in the United States, it is the last chance for TT and Maylee is ready to fight for a ticket to football’s grand showpiece.

“It will be the biggest game of our lives. At this moment we are putting everything preparation wise and we are very excited. We have a little bit of butterflies but once you touch off that ball is goal. We’re gonna play with a lot of intensity, a lot of energy and come out with a victory,” she said.

The skipper is relishing the opportunity to create history for her country and dominate the midfield against their South American opponents despite actually playing out of her natural position.

“I am an out and out striker but, due to the team needing a defensive midfielder who the coach trusts to be protective of the ball, I had to play in that position. But I’m a footballer not just a striker or a winger. I’m a footballer so I understand each position on the field and I just go out there and they feed off my energy. I’m very creative as well and play the game as it comes to me,” she added.

The assertive footballer spoke passionately about what it means to wear the captain’s armband for her country and unify a large group of females for one common goal.

“It’s a fantastic feeling. Not everybody can say they’ve captained a hopefully World Cup senior team. It’s a great feeling knowing that you have a group of girls who believe in your leadership and believe in what you stand for. They believe everytime we go on the field that I’m gonna give the team 110 percent and lead them to the best of my ability. It’s a humbling feeling and an honour and privilege. We have our own personalities and egos but the thing that kept us together was that one dream we all have,” she said.

Recollecting the team’s campaign at the CONCACAF tournament, Maylee said she still has nightmares about their heartbreaking 4-2 extra time loss to Mexico in the semi-finals. TT looked on course for a spot in the title match and more importantly an automatic place in the World Cup when Mariah Shade bundled the ball across the line to give the “Warriors” a shock 2-1 lead in the 78th minute. But TT were perhaps still in celebration mode when the game was restarted and saw their advantage disappear instantaneously when the Central Americans equalised just one minute later.

“We lost that focus and concentration for that one second and that was difficult to swallow. I think I should have done a better job calming down the girls and refocussing them to the task at hand, knowing that there were 12 minutes left. I still have nightmares about that but hopefully we can turn that nightmare into dreams,” she declared.

The “Warriors” captain lamented the lack of aid financially that the team receives and is adamant that they can develop into a regional powerhouse if corporate TT believes in them, citing their narrow 1-0 loss against World champions USA.

“They are the number one team in the world in FIFA rank. Going up against a powerhouse who play 8-10 games before a CONCACAF tournament compared to us who played nothing is hard. There is no true investment or finances put into women’s football (but) we were able to stand tall to them.

“We came out with a 1-0 loss but we know every time we step out into the field we could compete with the best of them. Once we get the proper funding and resources to compete at that level on a consistent basis we would be able to do that,” she stated confidently.

Maylee thanked her family and all others who made an input in helping her pursue her dreams and providing that backbone for her to be successful.

“Without a doubt they (family) are my main supporters. With them it’s like life in London, when I come from training I don’t need to do anything. They put everything in place and they are fantastic with that.

“I would say from primary school (I began to play). Mr Baptiste and Mr Thomases, one was a teacher and he was also a coach and there was also a PE teacher and they discovered I was good at playing ball.

“There was also a guy named Mr Hope, he took me on Sundays with the national Under-19 team when they were scouting for players. So that’s how I got involved. I started at a late age,” she concluded.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 11:50:32 PM »
Read on wired868.com that the players moved/moving into the Hyatt. They add 5 new players. Back up keeper Palmer dropped.

Couldn't post the article, maybe someone can.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »
Fans all set to play 12th man for women.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Fever on for Warriors

The hype surrounding the December 2 Fifa Women’s World Cup second leg intercontinental playoff between T&T and Ecuador is expected to reach fever pitch this week with the thrust of the “Be the 12th Warrior” campaign.

The Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain, the venue for the final showdown, can only seat 22,500 spectators and by all indications, almost half have already been claimed by ticket sales.

The tickets are priced at $200 for covered seats and $100 for uncovered seats. Children under the age of 12 can enter free of charge. Tickets will also be sold on match day. That is, if there are any remaining.

Tickets went on sale a week ago at venues including The Fan Club (MovieTowne, Trincity Mall, and Gulf City Mall), Kenny’s, Skinner Park, All Out and according to Sheldon Phillips, general secretary of the T&T Football Association (TTFA), the original batch of 10,000 is said to be quickly diminishing.

So much so that agents have been calling on the TTFA for more tickets to be printed.

Phillips said yesterday, he was happy and excited at the hype and pleased to see so many fans are behind the women.

In an effort to make the experience as memorable as possible, the “12th Warrior” campaign was launched with a special commemorative fan T-shirt being sold for the match.

The original fan tee shirts will go on sale tomorrow at a number of venues including the three outlets of The Fan Club, at a cost of $150 (men and women) and $120 (children).

The Fan Club was contacted yesterday to give an indication of sale of ticket sales and Tyrone Alexander, manager the Trincity Mall branch indicated that his first batch of uncovered tickets were almost sold out. He said he will need to replenish tickets before the store closes today.

According to Alexander, The Fan Club’s most popular branch located in MovieTowne, Port-of-Spain, has almost been unable to keep up with the demand.

The “Be the 12th Warrior” campaign was created to rally support for the Women’s Soca Warriors, who have ambitions of becoming the first country from the Caribbean to qualify for the Fifa Women’s World Cup.

Qualification would see T&T become the second smallest nation, behind Equatorial Guinea to claim such a feat.

Yesterday 22 players were named to enter the live-in camp, led by head coach Randy Waldrum at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain, from tomorrow.

Leading forward Kennya Cordner who recently represented T&T at in the women’s competition at the CAC Games in Mexico, has returned to join the team.

The remaining players include captain Maylee Attin Johnson, Ayanna Russell, Patrice Superville, Ahkeela Mollon, Mariah Shade, Janine Francois, Arin King, Khadisha Debbesette, Khadidra Debbesette, Tasha St Louis, Anique Walker, Dernelle Mascall, Jasmine Sampson, Lauryn Hutchinson, Brianna Ryce, Kimika Forbes, along with newcomers in sisters Nia Walcott and Amira Walcott.

Like the Debbesette sisters, the Walcott sisters have both represented T&T at youth level and will now begin preparing for the most important football match of their lives.

The Walcott sisters made headlines in 2010 when they were named in the T&T which hosted the Fifa Under-17 World Cup.

Where to get tickets

The Fan Club (MovieTowne, POS)

The Fan Club (Trincity Mall, East)

The Fan Club (Gulf City Mall, South)

Kenny’s Sports Centre

Skinner Park (San Fernando)

Ramsingh’s Sporting Goods (Chaguanas)

All Out (Queen’s Park Oval)

Econo Supermarket (Sangre Grande)

Heritage Sport (Scarborough).

Tickets Cost: $200 (covered) and $100 (uncovered).

Kids under 12: free in the uncovered section.

Gates Open: 3pm.

Kick off: 6pm.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »
Women ‘Warriors’ enter camp.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago’s women Soca Warriors will enter a live-in training camp from tomorrow for their final week of preparations for the all-important FIFA Women’s World Cup final leg qualifying match against Ecuador at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain which takes place next Tuesday.

Head Coach Randy Waldrum will lead his team into the camp with sessions at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and the team will be reside at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Waldrum said the team is in solid shape at the moment but this week will be crucial towards its final state of readiness for the clash with Ecuador.

“We’ll have all the players together this week and we hope to have them all fit and healthy and mentally ready for the match on Tuesday. We’ve had some of the players with the exception of some of them from the US, in training over the past few days with the focus being on strength and conditioning and that went quite well for us,” Waldrum told TTFA Media.

“It’s going to be a big week ahead and I think everyone is ready for it. I know the girls and the staff are all eager and focused and the people who have to get things ready off the field of play at the TTFA and the other personnel are all doing what they have to,” he added.

T&T Swedish-based forward Ahkeela Mollon said the team would not be overawed by the run of events from now until the final whistle on Tuesday. “We’ve been training really hard for the past week and the sessions have been quite good. The mood is really good at the moment and we’re looking forward to this week with all the players assembling in camp,” Mollon said.

“We’re all really excited about the 12th Warrior and the fans coming out and giving us that support. We’re at home but the key for us is to stay focus and humbled and go out there and play as we know we can and get the result,” she added.

Dernelle Mascall says the physical sessions have been intense but worth the while. “We’ve been having two sessions a day so it’s really intense but it’s all down to ensuring we’re physically ready for the match. Hopefully by mid next week we’ll be a bit more settled and focusing on game specific preparations,” Mascall said.

“I think we’re all really excited about playing before a large home crowd. We want that 12th warrior behind us. We would have liked to have qualified out of the CONCACAF stage but this opportunity to do it at home is really a great opportunity for us,” added Mascall.

No Caribbean team has ever qualified for a FIFA women’s competition.

The TTFA on Friday launched an official T-Shirt campaign in support of the women’s Soca Warriors for the December 2 “Winner Takes All” encounter. The shirts are available at all Fan Club Outlets-- Movietowne Port of Spain, Trincity and Gulf City Mall, and Heritage Sports in Scarborough, Tobago. They cost $150 (adults) and $120 (children).

The Ministry of Sport and the Sportt Company of T&T are partnering with the TTFA to support all activities relating to the December 2 match and fans can purchase their tickets at Kenny’s Sports Centre outlets, Skinner Park (San Fernando), The Fan Club (Movietowne, POS), Ramsingh’s Sporting Goods (Chaguanas), All Out (Queen’s Park Oval), Econo Supermarket (Sangre Grande) and Heritage Sport (Scarborough).

Tickets cost $200 (covered) and $100 (uncovered). Children under 12 are free in the uncovered section. The match kicks off at 6 p.m. and gates open at 3 p.m.

T&T SQUAD:

Goalkeepers:

Kimika Forbes, Sandra Baron.

Defenders:

Rhea Belgrave, Ayanna Russell, Patrice Superville, Arin King, Khadisha Debessette, Khadidra Debessette, Lauryn Hutchinson, Brianna Ryce.

Midfielders:

Maylee Attin-Johnson (capt), Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes, Nia Walcott, Amira Walcott, Dernelle Mascall, Tasha St Louis, Ahkeela Mollon.

Forwards:

Kennya Cordner, Mariah Shade, Anique Walker, Jasmine Sampson.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:24:40 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2014, 05:12:39 AM »
She will be miss for sure...

Liana Hinds is out due to NCAA commitments. She also missed the first leg in Quito.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 06:18:15 AM »
She will be miss for sure...

Liana Hinds is out due to NCAA commitments. She also missed the first leg in Quito.

That is a bummer! Doh worry, you will be ready for Canada!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:40:31 PM by Deeks »

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2014, 11:34:51 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/woman-magazine/THE--FOOTBALL-QUEENS-283616701.html

MJ#9...I am a fan fuh sure. Big up yuhself Skipper, leh we deal wit dis December 2nd matter...
He Is Highly

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2014, 07:16:18 PM »
Ahkeela Mollon and Dernelle Mascall share their thoughts as the Women Soca Warriors head into their final week of training.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IZhEWZYSM6k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IZhEWZYSM6k</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2014, 05:35:01 PM »
Coach Waldrum interview before practise today.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JikPjT6OaL0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JikPjT6OaL0</a>

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:49:20 PM by Tallman »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
I hope TNTWNT don't make the same mistakes other tnt teams have made in the past and that's celebrating before the result. Can we safely say it's sort of a tnt tradtion to do this?? Let's not forget the lessons we have learnt as a footballing country. That said, for me the most important thing here is that those girls play their game and represent tnt is the best possibly way they can, if they do that we can't ask for anything more.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2014, 08:07:26 PM »
I hope TNTWNT don't make the same mistakes other tnt teams have made in the past and that's celebrating before the result. Can we safely say it's sort of a tnt tradtion to do this?? Let's not forget the lessons we have learnt as a footballing country. That said, for me the most important thing here is that those girls play their game and represent tnt is the best possibly way they can, if they do that we can't ask for anything more.

I feel they should be confident going into the games. I too feel that they should be weary of the past, but they must be ready mentally for this game. Unlike the Italy debacle, this team is staying downtown POS and training at the HCS. So there will be no repeat of a long drive to the stadium which caused mentally fatigue with Gally's team.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »
We should win this game by about 3 goals. Fear not.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2014, 03:00:15 AM »
Women Warriors receive $1.5m today.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Senior women’s national team players, coaching and management staff will today receive a total of $1.5 million in Cabinet-approved funds for their participation at last month’s Concacaf Women’s Championship in the USA.

According to a media release from the Ministry of Sport, each person will receive the $50,000 grant from Minister of Sport, Dr Rupert Griffith at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s, at 1 pm. The original announcement of the incentive was made during the Concacaf Championship.

At the Concacaf Championship, the “Women’s Soca Warriors” finished fourth after narrowly losing the third-place playoff to Mexico, which earned the team a two-legged intercontinental playoff against Ecuador for next year’s Fifa Women’s World Cup, in Canada.

T&T already played the away leg at the high-altitude city of Quito, Ecuador, where they played to a commendable goalless draw.

The second leg will take place on December 2, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain, from 6 pm.

Tickets for the match have been selling like “hot bread”, according to Tyrone Alexander, manager of The Fan Club, one of outlets where tickets are available.

Alexander said fans have been lapping up tickets at The Fan Club’s three outlets in MovieTowne, Gulf City and Trincity.

He said there was also a big demand for the Warriors 12th man T-shirts which went on sale yesterday in the three stores. “It seems like all of T&T will be supporting these women, both by being there on Tuesday, and wearing the official T-shirts. There is a huge rush to get these items.”

More Info Where to get tickets

The Fan Club (MovieTowne, PoS)
The Fan Club (Trincity Mall, east)
The Fan Club (Gulf City Mall, south)
Kenny’s Sports Centre
Skinner Park
Ramsingh’s Sporting Goods
All Out (QP Oval)
Heritage Sport (Scarborough)

Cost: $200 (covered) $100 (uncovered)
Children under 12 are free in the uncovered section
Tickets for children under 12 are available at Kenny’s Sports and The Fan Club’s three stores. A limit of two childrens’ tickets will be allowed per purchase of a regular ticket. Only persons with ticket in hand will be allowed entry into the stadium.

Gates open: 3 pm
Kick off: 6 pm

Limited edition “12th Warrior” T-shirts in support of the team are available at The Fan Club’s three outlets.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2014, 08:49:15 AM »
I hope the coaches Waldrum received a lil $omething.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

Senior women’s national team players, coaching and management staff will today receive a total of $1.5 million in Cabinet-approved funds for their participation at last month’s Concacaf Women’s Championship in the USA.

According to a media release from the Ministry of Sport, each person will receive the $50,000 grant from Minister of Sport, Dr Rupert Griffith at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s, at 1 pm. The original announcement of the incentive was made during the Concacaf Championship.

At the Concacaf Championship, the “Women’s Soca Warriors” finished fourth after narrowly losing the third-place playoff to Mexico, which earned the team a two-legged intercontinental playoff against Ecuador for next year’s Fifa Women’s World Cup, in Canada.

T&T already played the away leg at the high-altitude city of Quito, Ecuador, where they played to a commendable goalless draw.

The second leg will take place on December 2, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain, from 6 pm.

Tickets for the match have been selling like “hot bread”, according to Tyrone Alexander, manager of The Fan Club, one of outlets where tickets are available.

Alexander said fans have been lapping up tickets at The Fan Club’s three outlets in MovieTowne, Gulf City and Trincity.

He said there was also a big demand for the Warriors 12th man T-shirts which went on sale yesterday in the three stores. “It seems like all of T&T will be supporting these women, both by being there on Tuesday, and wearing the official T-shirts. There is a huge rush to get these items.”

Kenny’s Sports Centre
Skinner Park
All Out (QP Oval)

Tickets for children under 12 are available at Kenny’s Sports and The Fan Club’s three stores. A limit of two childrens’ tickets will be allowed per purchase of a regular ticket. Only persons with ticket in hand will be allowed entry into the stadium.

Limited edition “12th Warrior” T-shirts in support of the team are available at The Fan Club’s three outlets.

Is it me or anyone here realise that the rules keep changing by the day?

I wonder if tickets wasn't selling if they would have limit the kids?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

Kenny’s Sports Centre
Skinner Park
All Out (QP Oval)

Is it me or anyone here realise that the rules keep changing by the day?

I wonder if tickets wasn't selling if they would have limit the kids?

How many kids you think should get in for free under one regular ticket? I support the limit.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago: Against All Odds
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2014, 03:48:31 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago: Against All Odds
By Hal Kaiser (orangeintheoven.com)

One game is all that stands between the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Team and an improbable spot in the 2015 Women’s World Cup. A victory on December 2nd in Port of Spain would make the country the first Caribbean nation to ever qualify for the Women’s World Cup. For a group that is generally underfunded, reaching the World Cup would mark an amazing achievement when so often survival has been the order of the day.

Survive is exactly what the team, which has earned the shift in nickname from Soca Princesses to Soca Warriors, did in the first leg of their World Cup playoff against Ecuador on November 8th in Quito. Playing at an altitude of 9,127 feet, the Trinidadian side fought, clawed and gasped its way to a 0-0 draw, a result that was pleasing for head coach Randy Waldrum. “It was a really good result for us. I’m really proud of the group. To go in there and now have a chance to go back and play again at home will be a really exciting game on the 2nd.”

The impact of the high altitude was fully felt by the team, however, with two players having to be taken to the hospital after the game with altitude sickness; one coming off at the end of the game while the other collapsed in the locker room afterwards.

“In South Bend, you play in the snow and the cold, and you know I’ve played in extreme heat before. I don’t think I can ever think of a condition that is more difficult than the altitude there. It was unbelievable. I was telling some people back home that when I would literally step off the bench to walk out on the track to go try and yell some instructions to the field; you’d get light headed just in that walk. I can only imagine trying to play a game,” said Waldrum of the conditions.

Trinidad and Tobago spent seven days training in Mexico City ahead of the match in Quito preparing for the altitude. According to Waldrum, “I don’t think we would have made it had we not been able to go do that training. I’ve just never felt anything like it.”

The barriers that Trinidad and Tobago has overcome to reach this stage do not start with a game at altitude, however. The financial support and the facilities the team has had to work with are well documented. Less well documented are the other challenges the team has faced in preparing for its matches starting from the availability of players for training and going through its preparation matches ahead of World Cup qualifying.

Following the first leg of the playoff, the team went off in different directions – the college kids back to school and those who did not have club commitments back to Trinidad and Tobago to work with the strength coach on fitness. Waldrum returned to Houston for Houston Dash related business. He headed back down to T&T on November 24th for a training camp ahead of the second leg. The Thanksgiving holiday has meant the availability of the college kids to train with the full squad, the first time that has happened.

“We’ll have about 8 or 9 days to get ready. It will actually be the first time since I’ve had the team that we’ll have the entire team together for any kind of training. Every other camp we’ve never had the entire team. We’ve never had the college kids, the foreign based kids. It’s shocking, I mean here we are at the end and still with a chance and it will be the first time we have them together.”

The team has also lacked the resources to organize friendlies in preparation for qualifying unlike most of their competition. “Everybody else is playing Germany, France, Sweden and all the top teams and we’re playing the U-18 FC Dallas club team, U-16 boys team in Trinidad and an over 40 men’s team while we were there. That’s our preparation, I mean it’s just amazing that we are still in this thing at the end. I’m just blown away by it, seriously there has got to be a movie in there or something.”

The team is reportedly brimming with confidence. Waldrum notes that the team has believed all along that they are going to qualify, however the confidence has clearly grown from the opening game of the CONCACAF Championship when the team held the United States to just a 1-0 victory.

Against Ecuador, prior to the altitude wearing the team down, Trinidad and Tobago was clearly the better side. While Ecuador showed in the 1st half of that game that they can defend well, having the likes of Ahkeela Mollon and Kennya Cordner back at sea level where they can run all day in front of a supportive home crowd will cause Ecuador fits.

“It’s been amazing what they have accomplished with all the things that we’ve gone through with them and continue to go through,” says Waldrum. With a positive result on December 2nd, the Soca Warriors’ journey is just beginning.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2014, 04:05:51 PM »
Well on that note Coach randy waldrum  let me  hereby wish you and your/ entire group of women warriors the very best  on game day tuesday this certainly deserves a happy outcome  god bless to all of you..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2014, 04:11:51 AM »
Women’s success can lift T&T says Yorke.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Former Trinidad and Tobago captain Dwight Yorke would love for this country to grace the centre stage at the 2015 Fifa Women’s World Cup.

Yorke who led T&T as captain to the 1991 Fifa Under 20 World Cup in Portugal and the 2006 Fifa World Cup Finals in Germany, believes a victory for the T&T women against Ecuador on Tuesday could be the ideal lift for the country at this time, particularly for women’s football.

“It would be a great achievement to get to the World Cup on the women’s stage,” Yorke said. “I was hearing all kinds of things about the team last month when they were in the Concacaf round and to see that they’ve gotten this far is a an accomplishment by itself. But they must keep focused and finish the job.

As captain I can tell you there’s no greater feeling that reaching the end and being able to celebrate victory or qualification like we did in 1991 and 2006. So good luck and hopefully there’s better things in store for the women’s game back home,” Yorke added.

The former Manchester United forward said he never forgets when November comes around, for obvious reasons.

“November 19 still stands out because I was a kid at the time and I knew what it felt like back in 1989 when we had the nation in a frenzy and then we didn’t make it. It was a sad day for me and all of us.

But winning in Bahrain and getting us to the World Cup in Germany is top of the list for me. Nothing can beat that if you ask me and I still remain immensely proud of what me and my teammates were able to achieve and the way we represented in Germany.

I’ve seen the guys have made it to the Gold Cup and they came in second in the Caribbean Cup so it’s a good sign. Hopefully we can continue improving and get ourselves ready for the next qualification and for the future in general,” he added.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2014, 04:12:35 AM »
Walker: It’s all or nothing.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Youthful T&T senior women’s team midfielder Anique Walker might appear to be small in stature but she is a tower of strength on the football pitch.

Walker is in the T&T squad for Tuesday’s crucial World Cup Qualifier against Ecuador at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The former captain of the Under 20 team which narrowly missed on Under 20 World Cup qualification in January, the University of West Florida says it’s make or break time for the Women Soca Warriors.

“This all we’ve worked for in our careers to date. It’s all or nothing time for all of us in this team,” Walker said prior to training on Tuesday as she and her teammates spent some down time at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Port-of-Spain.

“It’s been a great experience to be part of the senior team. I’m just focused on training hard and concentrating on how I can contribute to the team in any way.

“We have the 12th man and we’re on our turf now so hopefully we can pull it off. We are all eager to work hard and go out there and get the result that will take us through to the World Cup next year.

Walker is also a former National Under 17 team captain and appeared at the 2010 Fifa Under 17 Women’s World Cup in T&T.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2014, 04:13:23 AM »
Phillips enjoying stint with Women.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

He’s been through it all, from being one of the all time standouts as a goalkeeper for T&T to serving as technical director when T&T qualified for the World Cup in 2006. Now 73, Lincoln ‘Tiger’ Phillips is back as the goalkeeping coach for the Women’s team.

Phillips is with the team as it prepares for Tuesday’s qualifying match. He has been working with goalkeepers Kimika Forbes and Tenesha Palmer since the Concacaf Championship a few weeks ago.

Phillips has been highly noted for taking Howard University team built around students from the Caribbean to unprecedented success. In 1971, Howard became the first historically black college to win the N.C.A.A. Division I championship in the United States which to this day is highlighted in US Soccer history.

Now he’s on the verge of being part of another piece of history as the T&T Women’s team seeks to become the first Caribbean country to qualify for a Women’s World Cup.

“To be honest I was just as much surprised to be involved as many people were. I was back in the US working with the University of Loyola Women’s Team for the past three years and then Randy got in touch with me and said to come give him a hand. I was very happy to respond and get back involved to give back in any way because T&T has given me a lot, “ Phillips said.

Looking ahead to the match, he added: “Football is a game you can never forecast but I’m really looking forward to it because I think once we stick to our game and settle down then we can pull it off.”

He also touched on the potential of Forbes and Palmer. “Kimika has the potential and the qualities to become a world class goalkeeper. She works hard and is in a good system in the US. She has the physical features of a good goalkeeper and she’s improving all the time. Tenesha is young and growing with every bit of experience and she will continue to get better so I’m quite pleased about these two,” he added.

1]; } ?>