April 27, 2024, 12:54:32 AM

Author Topic: Trouble in Jamaica!  (Read 17945 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Trouble in Jamaica!
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »
Repost.

The manager is en route to Jamaica with the players money. The TTFA and the minister of Finance sat down last night along with the minister of sports to come up with a plan top expedite the process so the players and staff will get their arrears before today's games.

The minister/s came through to bail out the FA.

So I was told.

How did the "minister/s" come through to 'bail' out the FA and it's the Minister's/Ministry's responsibility for the debt?

Who say so?

The Min. gives a budget, it's up to the TTFA to work within that budget or source more funds. Are you trying to say that for years the MOS has been short changing the Fed. or just not giving them what they ask for due to a lack of transparency.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2014, 12:25:31 PM »
Forumites  i just logged on  and  reading all these developing news surrounding  our team potential overnight  pullout of the tournament as it relates to the outstanding  monies owed to them ,  well hear what,  had they done so i would have supported them 100%....   I say so without any apologies..   what d f..!!  How much more  and how long the players and coaching staff  were suppose to hold on to promses??   can anyone answer that?  Should  Tnt lose  Stephen Hart as this country's  national  coach ....it will be a crying shame plain and simple .!!     its is imperative  this man be kept  and be treated with dignity to continue his work with our men's program !!   

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2014, 12:35:24 PM »
+1000 socalion

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »
As long as TTFA has to rely on the government for funds in order to maintain players, coaches and technical staff salaries this sort of headlines will continue to occur. I am concerned but not surprised that our football keeps suffering from the lack of consistent funds.
The group of guys we have now works hard, they may not be like the old teams but in their own way brings something different to our brand.
It's true what Jones said, "we have players fighting hard for spots and there is no guarantee" since this problem has been ongoing no plans are in place so this doesn't repeat itself.

It seems like the only way our athletes will get paid is to make a finals and boycott and every time the check is  government issued..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2014, 01:23:39 PM »

Who say so?

The Min. gives a budget, it's up to the TTFA to work within that budget or source more funds. Are you trying to say that for years the MOS has been short changing the Fed. or just not giving them what they ask for due to a lack of transparency.

VB

There are numerous reports in the local press available all over the internet:

3. Relationship between the TTFA and the Minister of Sport, his Ministry and Sportt.
In what has been one of its most trying seasons for funding, the TTFA didn’t receive much from corporate T&T, except for some assistance at the international games. Spanish sportwear manufacturer Joma came on board as the official kit suppliers but the biggest supporter was undoubtedly Minister of Sport Anil Roberts, his Ministry of Sport and Sportt, providing funding for overseas training camps for the senior team, under-20 and under-17 women’s teams, men’s youth teams and the beach football team. They also provided funding for payment of staff salaries and player allowances and match wages. Without their assistance, there might not have been much, if at all any international action for T&T in 2013. The commitment from the Sport Minister, his permanent secretary Ashwin Creed and Sportt chairman, Sebastien Paddington, must not go unnoticed.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2013-12-26/year-hart-balls-and-commitment

What good is a 'budget' without money?  And I am not saying anything other than what I have actually stated.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:25:54 PM by Bakes »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
very sad day indeed. i believe tonight may be the last time we see this team in action together with the coach steve hart. i have been watching his body language and it's one of a man on the brink. i think after tonight hart will part ways with trinidad football. hope to god that he doesn't but by the looks of it we could see another few years of the same crap that was experienced with AJ. warner and co after the 2006world cup, so freaking sad.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »
very sad day indeed. i believe tonight may be the last time we see this team in action together with the coach steve hart. i have been watching his body language and it's one of a man on the brink. i think after tonight hart will part ways with trinidad football. hope to god that he doesn't but by the looks of it we could see another few years of the same crap that was experienced with AJ. warner and co after the 2006world cup, so freaking sad.

If all debts owing to players and staff are payed today before the game with a promise to guarantee that all staff and players wages/salaries are paid on time in the future then I believe Hart will see it in his interest to continue his quest to take us into the Gold Cup next year for which we have qualified and then into World Cup qualification for 2018. I believe this current crop of players that we have together have the quality to do it.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »
Announcement from SportsCompany Trinbago:
Government foots $9.9m Arrears Bill for Warriors

The Government of Trinidad and Tobago via a 13 November Cabinet decision, has agreed, through the Ministry of Sport, to provide financial assistance in the amount of $9,964,368.00 to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA). The payment, which is expected to be processed today, will facilitate the clearing of a backlog of expenses related to the Senior Men’s National Team. These funds represent an unbudgeted addition to the annual subvention already allocated to the TTFA in the 2015 Budget.

The $9.964m is expected to cover the following:
Arrears of Match Fees and Bonuses for Senior Men's National Team and technical staff
Arrears of Stipends for Senior Men's National Team
Arrears of Salaries for five (5) members of Senior Men's National Team staff
Senior Men's National Team Participation in the 2015 Caribbean Cup Finals and associated Training Camps
Projected Remuneration for Senior Men's National Team technical staff for the period November 2014 – June 2015
In order to assure greater accountability and transparency, and to ease the financial burden faced by the entire team, this Cabinet-approved payment will be made directly to the players and technical staff. A similar arrangement was made when the Government allocated funding to settle the debt owed to members of the 2006 World Cup squad. Ministry of Sport officials are therefore working closely with technocrats from the Ministry of Finance to expedite the necessary procedures and protocols that will ensure the imminent release of monies to the players, technical team members and staff.

It should be noted that in the past two years, the TTFA has benefitted from several million dollars’ worth of support from the Government of Trinidad and Tobago through the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago. Further, the association benefits from rent-free office space at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, and pays no utility bills, as those expenses are covered under the stadium’s overall operational cost.  The TTFA also enjoys free use of the Stadium for any and all TTFA-sanctioned games, tournaments and events. 

The Ministry of Sport is and remains the single largest financial contributor to the TTFA and football in Trinidad and Tobago. Further, the Government of Trinidad and Tobago invests more state funds in sport per capita than any other country in the region

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »
The gov't gave their disclaimer in the last two paragraghs, they sound like they had enough of being the main financier for the TTFA.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2014, 03:00:01 PM »
 I am happy the team got paid. I am not happy with the timing, the guys need to be focused on the finals. The team need full concentration for 95 minutes. Jamaica is a well respected team, no matter which team gets into the Copa America I know they will make this region proud.
Good luck to both teams.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »
The gov't gave their disclaimer in the last two paragraghs, they sound like they had enough of being the main financier for the TTFA.
To me this is a political statement saying out with TTFA (PNM) Tim Kee and money will flow from the UNC\PP government. Sad really cause I do think he means well but to be honest these posts should be independent of politics and politicians. Yet still, this and any government should not be playing politics with the livelihood of their countrymen and treating them with such contempt for cheap political points!!!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2014, 04:14:01 PM »
It's clear enough.  Rowley uses non payment of players to poke at PP. PP "rescue" players from Tim-Kee's "mismanagement"

Which is why, back in the day, the worry about Tim-Kee was his political connection.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
To me this is a political statement saying out with TTFA (PNM) Tim Kee and money will flow from the UNC\PP government. Sad really cause I do think he means well but to be honest these posts should be independent of politics and politicians. Yet still, this and any government should not be playing politics with the livelihood of their countrymen and treating them with such contempt for cheap political points!!!
I can see it from tht perspective as well but the mere fact the MOS highlighted it says something...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2014, 04:46:20 PM »

Who say so?

VB

There are numerous reports in the local press available all over the internet:

3. Relationship between the TTFA and the Minister of Sport, his Ministry and Sportt.
In what has been one of its most trying seasons for funding, the TTFA didn’t receive much from corporate T&T, except for some assistance at the international games. Spanish sportwear manufacturer Joma came on board as the official kit suppliers but the biggest supporter was undoubtedly Minister of Sport Anil Roberts, his Ministry of Sport and Sportt, providing funding for overseas training camps for the senior team, under-20 and under-17 women’s teams, men’s youth teams and the beach football team. They also provided funding for payment of staff salaries and player allowances and match wages. Without their assistance, there might not have been much, if at all any international action for T&T in 2013. The commitment from the Sport Minister, his permanent secretary Ashwin Creed and Sportt chairman, Sebastien Paddington, must not go unnoticed.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2013-12-26/year-hart-balls-and-commitment

What good is a 'budget' without money?  And I am not saying anything other than what I have actually stated.

Apologies. Yuh right, I rememger Roberts saying that the MOS should pay Coaches directly to mitigate the lack of transparency.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2014, 02:51:55 AM »
Soca Warriors to receive $$ owed
By Ian Prescott (Express)

NO PROTEST

There was never going to be a Soca Warriors boycott of the 2014 Caribbean Cup final over pay issues, similar to the action taken by the West Indies players on the recently-aborted tour of India.

Despite grouses within the Trinidad and Tobago national football team over outstanding wages owed to players, staff and coach Stephen Hart, who had not been paid for many months, Trinidad and Tobago took the field against Jamaica in the final last night.

Yesterday, in Jamaica around 7.30 a.m., assistant-coach Hutson Charles was asked to confirm whether the team was going to boycott the final in protest. Charles-- a soldier in the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force-- was head coach when the Warriors took second place two years ago in Antigua and Barbuda, and is also one of the coaches owed several months salary by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

“No,” Charles replied, when asked whether there was any truth to a report that the team was boycotting the final against hosts Jamaica in protest. “We are playing the final (last night) and the team is ready and rearing to go and win the game.”

Early yesterday, Sheldon Phillips, TTFA general secretary, added that William Wallace, one of two team managers, was already en route to Jamaica with money to pay players. Wallace, the team’s main manager, had remained in Trinidad sorting out the matter, while David Muhammad kept daily team duties.

“Players never broke camp and continued training,” Phillips said. “We knew the players and staff were near breaking point and as a result, we worked alongside Government to expedite the process and address the problem. This resulted in a $10 million cabinet note. Government has been very co-operative in getting the process to work as fast as possible.

“We have been working on this note for some time and wanted to ensure that he (Stephen Hart) was taken care of. He had been tremendous through this ordeal,’’ continued Phillips. “The Ministry (of Sport) note included his (Hart) pay as well. Everyone; coaches, players and staff, we made sure no one is left out.”

Phillips added that the TTFA had substantially reduced its debt since the current administration, headed by president Raymond Tim Kee, came into office two years ago. Initially, the TTFA was said to have been left a $25 million debt by its predecessors, but audited reports show it to be far greater.

The local governing body still owes several other national team coaches, along with former coach Russell Latapy and former women’s coach Even Pellerud.

“We will now work on other coaches and staff arrears built up over the years,” Phillips promised. “This is part of the process of chipping away the debt we met. We have now reduced the debt by close to $15 million.”

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:36:27 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2014, 03:01:38 AM »
Govt bails out TTFA again
By STEPHON NICHOLAS (NEWSDAY).

TRINIDAD AND Tobago’s proud footballing history continues to be kicked around the doghouse with the Ministry of Sport forced yet again to come to the rescue to avert another international embarrassment caused by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

Less than two months after the debacle in Dallas, Texas, United States involving the national women’s team which was left hungry and with just US$500 to cover their expenses for their training camp, money woes with the men’s team almost resulted in a boycott of last night’s Caribbean Cup final.

On the eve of their all-important clash vs hosts Jamaica in Montego Bay in Jamaica, the Soca Warriors on Monday threatened to pullout after salaries of players and staff were left unpaid for over a year.

An angry Minister of Sport Dr Rupert Griffith yesterday gave the TTFA a second verbal tongue lashing after his Ministry had to step in with $9.9 million to cover the arrears incurred by the TTFA which enjoys free rent, utility and use of the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo for any event or tournament.

Speaking yesterday morning, national captain Kenwyne Jones assured the public that his team would take the field but was adamant that drastic changes need to be made within the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

“For far too long the same generation of people leading the Football Association and I think now we should have fresh young minds, fresh footballing people in the federation and taking control of the running of it. We have a lot of ex-players recently retired and up-to-date on how football should be run in this country... We have too many dinosaurs in place at the moment and we’ve been repeating the same trends from 1975 to 2006,” he fumed.

The former Stoke City forward took several shots at the TTFA on his Facebook page yesterday, stating, “It’s funny how the threat of embarrassment changes situations...I think the officials of the TTFA need to be removed from their places...... If the job is too big step aside...We expect success and progression in our various genres of sports but why do the relevant bodies time and time again produce actions to undermine this?”

Jones warned that the TTFA must get its house in order as their coach Stephen Hart is not pleased with the situation and he hinted that if Hart is released, there is likely to be a player exodus following him out the door.

“The team after tonight is going to be at a standstill. A lot of people have decisions to make. I know the coach is going to have to think of his future because he doesn’t want to go through this situation again. He doesn’t want to commit to football in Trinidad and Tobago and this is the situation. We have a bond with the coach and been doing well under him. Ninety-nine percent of the players I don’t think are going to represent the country - even though we love the country so much - if the coach isn’t here,” he continued.

Minister of Sport Dr Griffith in an interview with Newsday yesterday explained that he did all he could to assist the situation.

“This nonsense has to stop...They brought a proposal to us for something that has been outstanding since 2012 and I went to Cabinet two Thursdays ago and the Cabinet approved $9.9 million to help the team. If a note is approved then one week after it is confirmed and only when it is confirmed you can access the money.

As you were aware we were in Tobago last week, Monday when I returned to Trinidad we pulled out all stops and put everything in place to release all the cheques for the players and the coach. When they return tomorrow night, I have arranged for the cheques to be delivered in their hands on Thursday at the Office of the Prime Minister.”

Despite Dr Griffith’s statement that the cheques will be disbursed on Thursday, TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee who flew to Jamaica yesterday to watch the final stated in a television interview that cheques were on its way to Jamaica yesterday morning.

“The manager of the team left Trinidad at six o’clock on his way to Jamaica and in his possession are several cheques for the players and staff,” he said.

Former Strike Squad player, Brian Williams, yesterday lamented that the Soca Warriors had to threaten to withdraw their services for their salaries to be paid.

“That is always a difficult situation when our athletes are in a position of such nature. I would always find it tough when you reach into tournaments to take such action. It is difficult when situations like this aren’t addressed before we go into competition.

A similar situation happened with the West Indies team in India but when the turnstiles are being moved and people making money off the athletes then athletes must be compensated equally. I don’t like the idea that if things don’t work out in front and you end up in the tournament and players want to withdraw that is difficult to deal with,” he commented.

Williams continued: “We live in a society where you have to block the road to get it paved. You have to take some kind of drastic action for redress to take place and I think that as a growing or mature society we should get out of that. We should have a common understanding, negotiations and contracts being honoured properly before we create embarrassment,” he concluded.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »
As much as people want to grouse about Lasana's bias against the current TTFA regime, when you read these kind of statements in the press, it only presses home Lasana's suspicions.

Griffiths: I have arranged for the cheques to be delivered in their hands on Thursday at the Office of the Prime Minister.”

Tim-Kee: “The manager of the team left Trinidad at six o’clock on his way to Jamaica and in his possession are several cheques for the players and staff,”

Now, I'm fairly certain that the Manager did, indeed, carry some cheques to Jamaica. But clearly, not the ones that Griffiths was talking about.

Tim-Kee, perhaps in trying to diffuse the situation, maybe tried a little perception management. But when it comes out like this, it just looks like  :bs: and chips away at his integrity.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
As much as people want to grouse about Lasana's bias against the current TTFA regime, when you read these kind of statements in the press, it only presses home Lasana's suspicions.

Griffiths: I have arranged for the cheques to be delivered in their hands on Thursday at the Office of the Prime Minister.”

Tim-Kee: “The manager of the team left Trinidad at six o’clock on his way to Jamaica and in his possession are several cheques for the players and staff,”

Now, I'm fairly certain that the Manager did, indeed, carry some cheques to Jamaica. But clearly, not the ones that Griffiths was talking about.

Tim-Kee, perhaps in trying to diffuse the situation, maybe tried a little perception management. But when it comes out like this, it just looks like  :bs: and chips away at his integrity.

In a situation where you have conflicting statements you assume that the TTFA/Tim Kee are the ones who are providing misleading information? Well at least yuh not showing yuh bias, lol.

Consider that nearly two years ago Griffiths' Ministry, under his predecessor, undertook responsibility for payment of the coaches, yet the issue is still being misrepresented as the fault of the TTFA ("bails out", "emergency request")... nobody asking questions of the Ministry, despite it being their responsibility... or did that change one Anil left office?  The note was passed in Parliament since November 6th, money was available to be accessed on November 13th... yet the Ministry was late disbursing the funds to the TTFA.  The players ostensibly were informed of the situation as it developed, yet decided last-minute to protest and threaten to boycott the final (or did they?  Since even that in question it seems).  Kenwyne blast the TTFA as liars... even though is really the Ministry fault.  Now after coming riding in like some starboy on a horse to save the day, Griffith decides to tongue-lash the TTFA to remind them of their place... as beggars.  They want the players to come directly to the Ministry for the checks, as this presents yet another photo-op for the gov't to milk some PR from the situation.  I'm sure this is yet another situation that will rear its head on the campaign trail next year.  But is Tim Kee's credibility in question.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »

Not that I'm defending him but it could easily be

Griffiths: Aye TK send dong Sheldon to colleck de check an dem nah

TK: arite cool.

TK: Shelly Griffiths jess call dey, so go an geh dem check an head up de road an handle dem boys fuh meh nah

SP:  No scenes, I'm on it!

SP: Mr. Griffiths I am here for the checks.

Griffiths: Heh everyting in da envelope have ah safe flight.

SP communicates to TK ah have it and headin to Jamdong!

TK: Nice, lemme link Shaun to issue we statement that everything goin an geh sort!

Meanwhile Griffiths reportin bak to Kamla "yeah dem ass an dem take da chain up.  Ah goin an call de guardian an tell dem we go hanlde delivery in yuh office on Thursday"

Kamla: So wait is what yuh give dem den?

Griffiths ah envelpe stuff with paper cut in check size

Both devils laugh hysterically like Hienas :rotfl:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:50:56 PM by Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$ »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »
Not that I'm defending him but it could easily be

Griffiths: Aye TK send dong Sheldon to colleck de check an dem nah

TK: arite cool.

TK: Shelly Griffiths jess call dey, so go an geh dem check an head up de road an handle dem boys fuh meh nah

SP:  No scenes, I'm on it!

SP: Mr. Griffiths I am here for the checks.

Griffiths: Heh everyting in da envelope have ah safe flight.

SP communicates to TK ah have it and headin to Jamdong!

TK: Nice, lemme link Shaun to issue we statement that everything goin an geh sort!

Meanwhile Griffiths reportin bak to Kamla "yeah dem ass an dem take da chain up.  Ah goin an call de guardian an tell dem we go hanlde delivery in yuh office on Thursday"

Kamla: So wait is what yuh give dem den?

Griffiths ah envelpe stuff with paper cut in check size

Both devils laugh hysterically like Hienas :rotfl:

You have time with Football Supporter?  These people so devious, I wouldn't put it past them to send the checks, then somebody 'buff Griffiths and say:

"You send de checks Jamaica??  Yuh dotish or what... how we suppose tuh call press conference and pose with de players and dem when you send de check and dem blasted Jamaica?  Call dem and tell dem bring de check tuh de Ministry fuh de players tuh pick up here."

Not saying this is what happen... but it wouldn't surprise me.  Not for a gov't which wasted billions of taxpayer dollars just so that they could embarrass the PNM over the OPV thing.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2014, 02:05:12 PM »

You know the funny thing is, my source told me that the checks were enroute to Jamaica on Tuesday.

Now Griffiths is saying that the cheques will be delivered in their hands on Thursday at the Office of the Prime Minister.

I wonder who is lying?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »

In a situation where you have conflicting statements you assume that the TTFA/Tim Kee are the ones who are providing misleading information? Well at least yuh not showing yuh bias, lol.

Consider that nearly two years ago Griffiths' Ministry, under his predecessor, undertook responsibility for payment of the coaches, yet the issue is still being misrepresented as the fault of the TTFA ("bails out", "emergency request")... nobody asking questions of the Ministry, despite it being their responsibility... or did that change one Anil left office?  The note was passed in Parliament since November 6th, money was available to be accessed on November 13th... yet the Ministry was late disbursing the funds to the TTFA.  The players ostensibly were informed of the situation as it developed, yet decided last-minute to protest and threaten to boycott the final (or did they?  Since even that in question it seems).  Kenwyne blast the TTFA as liars... even though is really the Ministry fault.  Now after coming riding in like some starboy on a horse to save the day, Griffith decides to tongue-lash the TTFA to remind them of their place... as beggars.  They want the players to come directly to the Ministry for the checks, as this presents yet another photo-op for the gov't to milk some PR from the situation.  I'm sure this is yet another situation that will rear its head on the campaign trail next year.  But is Tim Kee's credibility in question.

Just explain how my comment assumed that the TTFA/Tim Kee are the ones who are providing misleading information?  I'm assuming that Griffiths will be presenting the cheques which, therefore seems to indicate that Tim-Kee was mistaken when he said that the cheques were on their way to Jamaica. Forget your bunker mentality for a minute. How can both statements be correct? My point was how these statements continue to cast some doubt over TTFA's integrity. It was not any kind of attack on Tim-Kee or TTFA, just stating my opinion that it appears as if Tim-Kee's comment was not 100% accurate. If there is another explanation, then let's have it. I understand that you are fighting TTFA's corner, but you have to have a little perspective. Again, both statements cannot be true, and seeing that Griffiths will be presenting cheques tomorrow, one would assume that Tim-Kee's statement was inaccurate.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
Just explain how my comment assumed that the TTFA/Tim Kee are the ones who are providing misleading information?  I'm assuming that Griffiths will be presenting the cheques which, therefore seems to indicate that Tim-Kee was mistaken when he said that the cheques were on their way to Jamaica. Forget your bunker mentality for a minute. How can both statements be correct? My point was how these statements continue to cast some doubt over TTFA's integrity. It was not any kind of attack on Tim-Kee or TTFA, just stating my opinion that it appears as if Tim-Kee's comment was not 100% accurate. If there is another explanation, then let's have it. I understand that you are fighting TTFA's corner, but you have to have a little perspective. Again, both statements cannot be true, and seeing that Griffiths will be presenting cheques tomorrow, one would assume that Tim-Kee's statement was inaccurate.

Laughable.

Again... conflicting statements.  You choose to assume that Griffiths' statement means that Tim Kee was mistaken/lying... calls into question his integrity... whatever you want to call it.  Your statement was that this was vindication or validation of Lasana's slanted reporting against the TTFA. 

"Bunker mentality"?  Not at all... believe it or not, I have no skin in the game.  I'm not part of the TTFA nor do I have anything to benefit or lose one way or another.  I see people giving honest effort and being called "crooks," "thieves," "corrupt," etc. I see their every action scrutinized and cast in a negative light and it doesn't sit right with me.  I'm not some bleeding heart, but fair is fair.  Coupled with the antagonistic stance taken by the PP gov't at times, it makes it difficult for the TTFA to do anything, and the real victim in all of this is not the individuals being smeared, but our football programs.  It is the football programs being made to suffer when businesses decline to invest in the TTFA.  Yes, I know... "well if only the TTFA would clean up their act...", yet whenever they try their efforts are being called into question... just like you are doing now, by raising your  :bs: flag and saying that Tim Kee's actions "chips away at his integrity" when you don't know the first thing about what went on.  There could be a number of reasons why the statements are in conflict, including a lack of honesty by the Ministry... yet your default position is that Tim Kee is the one whose spouting  :bs: and whose intregrity is called into question.  Yet you seem genuinely puzzled as to why I accuse you of assuming things not in fact. Like I said... laughable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »

Laughable.

Again... conflicting statements.  You choose to assume that Griffiths' statement means that Tim Kee was mistaken/lying... calls into question his integrity... whatever you want to call it.  Your statement was that this was vindication or validation of Lasana's slanted reporting against the TTFA. 

"Bunker mentality"?  Not at all... believe it or not, I have no skin in the game.  I'm not part of the TTFA nor do I have anything to benefit or lose one way or another.  I see people giving honest effort and being called "crooks," "thieves," "corrupt," etc. I see their every action scrutinized and cast in a negative light and it doesn't sit right with me.  I'm not some bleeding heart, but fair is fair.  Coupled with the antagonistic stance taken by the PP gov't at times, it makes it difficult for the TTFA to do anything, and the real victim in all of this is not the individuals being smeared, but our football programs.  It is the football programs being made to suffer when businesses decline to invest in the TTFA.  Yes, I know... "well if only the TTFA would clean up their act...", yet whenever they try their efforts are being called into question... just like you are doing now, by raising your  :bs: flag and saying that Tim Kee's actions "chips away at his integrity" when you don't know the first thing about what went on.  There could be a number of reasons why the statements are in conflict, including a lack of honesty by the Ministry... yet your default position is that Tim Kee is the one whose spouting  :bs: and whose intregrity is called into question.  Yet you seem genuinely puzzled as to why I accuse you of assuming things not in fact. Like I said... laughable.

Again, it's how you choose to interpret comments, my friend. My intention was to merely point out why those with an axe to grind find plenty of ammunition. Not knowing Tim-Kee's reasoning for his comments, I simply pointed out that it may appear that he tried to take some of the heat out of the situation by saying that TTFA had it all under control. Sadly, Griffiths comments (perhaps purposely) indicated otherwise.

I fully agree that the political undercurrents are damaging T&T football, but I cannot be over sympathetic and Tim-Kee must have been aware of the ramifications when he opted to stand as Mayor of Port of Spain and PNM Treasurer. Right or wrong, in T&T it appears that you cannot be the best man for the job unless you are closely associated with the government. Or put in a simpler context :You're either with us or against us"

I may not know everything that happened concerning this recent dispute, but I know a hell of a lot as I witnessed it in real time. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2014, 02:47:59 AM »
Govt pays Soca Warriors
T&T Express Reports.

The Trinidad and Tobago Men’s senior football team, including the technical staff were handed cheques for outstanding salaries and fees to the value of an estimated $10 million yesterday at the Office of the Prime Minister at St Clair Avenue.

It was the delivery of a promise the Government made to defray those expense on the eve of the Caribbean Cup final between T&T and Jamaica when the players threatened to boycott the match in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

T&T eventually lost 4-3 on kicks from the penalty mark.

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar presided over the cheque distribution to the players and staff that included T&T captain Kenwyne Jones and head coach Stephen Hart , who had gone unpaid for over eight months.

“I am very happy to make this contribution towards your expenses, (that is) duly deserved and well earned. Regrettably, it has come after the fact, however I had asked the Minister (of Sport Dr Rupert Griffith) to approve these monies several weeks ago, but given the way the accounting system works, it took some time to process and have the cheques ready ,” said Persad-Bissessar, who interrupted her Cabinet meeting to take part in the distribution.

She added: “I want to congratulate all of you, your captain and your team and your coaches of course for keeping the red, white and black flying high and for making us very,very proud.”

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillips said the Government’s investment had paid off with the men’s and women’s teams returning to the world top 50 ranking and the youth teams advancing in their tournaments.

Phillips also looked forward to recreating the oneness and commonness of purpose reminiscent of the Road to Italy 1990 campaign for the December 2 Women’s World Cup qualifying match between T&T and Ecuador at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Meanwhile, captain Kenwyne Jones thanked the Prime Minister and her government for “stepping in and taking care of the situation.

“It has been a tremendous relief to the players , the technical staff and the coaches,” said Jones, who had signalled the Soca Warriors’ intent to forego the CFU final Tuesday. “We hope this investment would propel us to perform to the best of our abilities.”

Jones also thanked former Soca Warrior Brent Sancho for his role as an intermediary in facilitating the settlement of the debt.

Minister of Sport Rupert Griffith said: “We are glad that we could be involved with your success with the way forward..We are looking forward to the Gold Cup and we know you all will continue to do us very proud.”

Players and staff who received cheques yesterday:

Kenwyne Jones, Alvin Jones, Andre Boucaud, Ataullah Guerra, Aubrey David, Carlyle Mitchell, Cordelle Cato, Daneil Cyrus, Hughtun Hector, Jamal Gay, Jan-Michael Williams, Joevin Jones, Kevan George, Kevin Molino, Khaleem Hyland, Lester Peltier, Leston Paul, Marvin Phillip, Yohance Marshall, Adrian Foncette, Shahdon Winchester.

Staff:

Stephen Hart, Derek King, Hutson Charles, Michael Maurice, Peter Rampersad, Sean Fuentes, William Wallace.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2014, 02:59:53 AM »
Govt clears TTFA player, staff debts.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Guardian).

Twenty-eight players, technical staff and management officials yesterday received their arrears of match fees, bonuses, stipends and salaries, some of which were owed for over two years for their respective roles with the senior national men’s football team.

Minister of Sport Dr Rupert Griffith, in the presence of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and T&T Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillips, presented cheques of varying figures to the national team representatives at the Office of the Prime Minister, St Clair, a week after a decision was made in Cabinet to approve financial assistance in the sum of $9,964,368 to the TTFA.

Yesterday’s presentation took place two days after the “Soca Warriors” finished runner-up to host Jamaica, at the CFU Caribbean Cup in Montego Bay.

According to the Ministry of Sport, the funds represent an unbudgeted addition to the annual subvention already allocated to the TTFA in the 2015 budget.

Just over half of the figure has been used to pay players and staff, while the balance is to invest in the men’s and women’s teams’ flagship programmes.

Before handing over the cheques, Griffith gave a breakdown of the total figure, which he said includes arrears of match fees and bonuses to staff and players at $2,024,613; arrears of staff stipends (October to November, 2012 and January to July, 2013) at $534,867; arrears of salaries for five members of staff from April to July 2012 at $422,000; projected technical staff remuneration between November, 2014, to June, 2015 at $3,104,000, and participation in the 2015 Concacaf Championship and a preceding training camp at $3,878,888.

On Monday, national team captain Kenwyne Jones raised the issue of nonpayment, saying he was “fed up” of broken promises in regard to payments to the players and coaches. Yesterday, he addressed the media saying he appreciated the effort of the government “for stepping in and taking care of the situation.”

“I know it’s a tremendous relief to the coach and the technical staff and the players. And, of course, it’s a relief for T&T. Hopefully, the investment will propel us to perform to the best of our abilities as we have been doing and hopefully, we can achieve the our goals we have set forward as a team,” Jones said.

Along with Jones, 20 national team players were present to receive their dues. They included, Alvin Jones, Andre Boucaud, Ataulla Guerra, Aubrey David, Carlyle Mitchell, Cordell Cato, Daneil Cyrus, Hughtun Hector, Jamal Gay, Jan Michael Williams, Joevin Jones, Kevan George, Kevin Molino, Lester Peltier, Leston Paul, Marvin Phillip, Yohance Marshall, Adrian Foncette and Shahdon Winchester. Several overseas-based players including Khaleem Hyland, Justin Hoyte and Gavin Hoyte were unavailable to receive their payments.

The technical and management staff who also received payment yesterday were Stephen Hart, Derek King, Michael Maurice, Hutson Charles, Michael Williams, Peter Rampersad, William Wallace and Shaun Fuentes.

Sheldon Phillips, TTFA secretary, thanked government for “its continued commitment to football” and assisting the TTFA in its efforts “to move T&T football forward from the lows experienced by the then TTFF in 2011.”

He said: “Under the assistance of the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company and our own efforts, in one year our teams are thriving once again. Both the men and women’s teams are in back the top 50 in Fifa rankings and the youth teams have advanced to the Concacaf Championship tournaments.

“Madam Prime Minister, your administration’s investment in football is paying off and will continue to yield excellent results under the partnership the TTFA has created with the Ministry of Sport and Dr Griffith.”

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
How Kamla reach in this?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2014, 10:58:37 AM »
I hope those who said that Sheldon and Tim Kee take credit for the success of the team. Read what he said about the ministry of sport and the Sportt. He gave them their due credit.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
How Kamla reach in this?

She is the gov't!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2014, 12:24:05 PM »
Govt pays Soca Warriors
T&T Express Reports.

--------

Jones also thanked former Soca Warrior Brent Sancho for his role as an intermediary in facilitating the settlement of the debt.

All of a sudden Football Supporter's comments criticizing Tim Kee are starting to come sharply into focus  8)

1]; } ?>