April 20, 2024, 01:35:11 AM

Author Topic: Trouble in Jamaica!  (Read 17889 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trouble in Jamaica!
« on: November 14, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
According to CNC3 there is trouble in Jamaica. Coach Hart has not been paid in 8 months. Despite promises that he would be paid in Jamaica, this has not come to pass. He is being advised by family and close associates to pack it up and head back to his home in Canada. Further to this members of the national team have not been paid a match fee since their friendly match against Iran. Also the team's manager has remained in Trinidad in order to secure a cheque from the ministry of sport in order to help with expenses in Jamaica but this has yet to happen. Members of the technical team and players are very concerned and there have been rumblings and uncertainty with regards to the future of their current stay in Jamaica.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble in Jamaica!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 05:54:24 PM »
Things will be okay. The check will come by the end of the weekend. Yuh forget who they dealing with. The process is make noise in the media then the check will come. Look what happen with the women.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 05:54:57 PM »
According to CNC3 there is trouble in Jamaica. Coach Hart has not been paid in 8 months. Despite promises that he would be paid in Jamaica, this has not come to pass. He is being advised by family and close associates to pack it up and head back to his home in Canada. Further to this members of the national team have not been paid a match fee since their friendly match against Iran. Also the team's manager has remained in Trinidad in order to secure a cheque from the ministry of sport in order to help with expenses in Jamaica but this has yet to happen. Members of the technical team and players are very concerned and there have been rumblings and uncertainty with regards to the future of their current stay in Jamaica.

... Coaches should get hazard pay. De Russians eh pay Capello in 5 months. An all too familiar occurrence. Best time to leverage a positive outcome is now.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »
Things will be okay. The check will come by the end of the weekend. Yuh forget who they dealing with. The process is make noise in the media then the check will come. Look what happen with the women.
And how is any of this okay?  ??? It is okay to be embarrassed continuously as a nation?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 06:28:36 PM »
And how is any of this okay?  ??? It is okay to be embarrassed continuously as a nation?

I never said it is okay.. I said it will be okay. They will still play tomorrow.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 07:30:58 PM »
I never said it is okay.. I said it will be okay. They will still play tomorrow.

You never know.  Maybe they'll do like DJ Bravo and dem and abandon de tournament.

Sometimes tings jes need blowing up.

It's beyond sad that it always seems to come down to this brinksmanship thing.  A sporting game of chicken where one day....nobody will blink.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
Damn friggin' ridiculous that we can allow this situation to go on with no pay for anybody.
I asked the question for Flex to submit to the TTFA about who is getting pay and whether others like the media officer are getting paid.
Kudos to any journalist who wishes to delve into this crisis and report the truth, that we are apparently too drunk with fun to want to know.
A coach eh getting paid for 8 months!! So how to pay for his/ her family bills. Pure madness! Lasana please do some of your investigative expose's. You were beginning to release some of these shocking files as I was listening to you on i95.5 with Andre the Fearless one.
Whether it is a successful coach like Hart, a struggling coach like Latas or a controversial coach like Shabazz, it's wrong people. Man have to eat ah food especially when you sacrifcing for your country with blood sweat and tears. Pay your soldiers, pay your warriors.
Our priority should be clammering to right this wrong rather than any other self-serving bandwaggonist priority.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »
Well it have people complaining for $100 TT for a game.

Where yuh want them get money from? Put yuh money where yuh mouth is or yuh time.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 07:57:40 PM »
Outside of relying on the government and FIFA for funding why don't the TTFA throw some fund raising events? Like a Christmas Boat Dance or a Carnival Fete or something.

They need to get more creative with trying to raise some funds so they can at least pay their staff, coaches and players.

Come on TTFA, you'll need to be doing better than this and stop relying on your staff working for free and taking advantage of their patriotism.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:02:19 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »
If hart expect to get paid for this work he must be stupid or dotish. When was the last time a coach was paid on time and regular for the ttff payment for this job is a week in Jamaica and a pass to go and watch football free you also get to boost your resume. That is the payment Money is not part of the equation.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 08:24:59 PM »
Ironically I recalled one of Hart's first stance when he assumed the role was to advocate for the assistant coaches to be paid.

Now if there is some legitimacy to this report, I ask if this was Beenhakker or another foreign coach, would the Federation been negligent in payments? Just when things were looking upwards, we here the refrain here we go again!!!

National team right? National coach right? Working for the nation right? Who runs the nation? Not theTTFA!!!! What this does be so 4cup? Is there a mechanism from the ministry to ensure that monies allocated be paid? Is this not part of the submission  to the sports ministry ?
Ah shucks man

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »
Outside of relying on the government and FIFA for funding why don't the TTFA throw some fund raising events? Like a Christmas Boat Dance or a Carnival Fete or something.

They need to get more creative with trying to raise some funds so they can at least pay their staff, coaches and players.

Come on TTFA, you'll need to be doing better than this and stop relying on your staff working for free and taking advantage of their patriotism.

The thing is that organizing such an event will hardly scratch the surface. Let's say a boat ride. Cost is around $8,000 plus marketing/promotion (say $10,000) plus guest artist ($10,000 - $20,000). 300 tickets @ $200 = $60,000
So, TTFA may make $28,000 if all tickets are sold. But to organize it, they would need to hire someone or an event company. Then they would feel the need to supply a few free tickets for VIP guests, and supply a VIP bar. If they make $20k I'd be amazed.
Now $20k may be a good result for a guy who earns his living from events, but unless you run one a month, how is all of that effort worth $20k? Remember last year, TTFA didn't have enough staff to take admission fees at some of the F.A. Trophy games.

I agree TTFA could do more, but unless they employ a marketing team (which they can't afford) how can they run events?
As much as I'd like to see 20,000 at the women's game vs Ecuador, you can't blame TTFA for upping the admission fee while they have a chance of earning some bucks.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 09:38:16 PM »
Please forumites say this ain't so or what i'm hearing ....  just say this ain't so ...  what de a.rse i reading .......  if there any credence to what i'm  reading right now well something seriously wrong and adrift.....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 10:06:08 PM »
Damn friggin' ridiculous that we can allow this situation to go on with no pay for anybody.
I asked the question for Flex to submit to the TTFA about who is getting pay and whether others like the media officer are getting paid.
Kudos to any journalist who wishes to delve into this crisis and report the truth, that we are apparently too drunk with fun to want to know.
A coach eh getting paid for 8 months!! So how to pay for his/ her family bills. Pure madness! Lasana please do some of your investigative expose's. You were beginning to release some of these shocking files as I was listening to you on i95.5 with Andre the Fearless one.
Whether it is a successful coach like Hart, a struggling coach like Latas or a controversial coach like Shabazz, it's wrong people. Man have to eat ah food especially when you sacrifcing for your country with blood sweat and tears. Pay your soldiers, pay your warriors.
Our priority should be clammering to right this wrong rather than any other self-serving bandwaggonist priority.

Our priority right now should be to focus on facts and not innuendo... from what I understand, the gov't just passed an appropriation to pay Hart his entire salary not just arrears but also going forward.  This is part of a committment by the MoS to underwrite the salaries of the MNT coaching and technical staff.  So  let us not get too carried away based on some talk coming out of Jamaica right now.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:29:05 PM by Bakes »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 10:50:15 PM »
Hope all get sorted out very soon. I cannot imagine not getting paid for months... no wonder the coach have a sort of kubalsign finish lately.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 03:53:49 AM »
Hope all get sorted out very soon. I cannot imagine not getting paid for months... no wonder the coach have a sort of kubalsign finish lately.

Lol d same thing cross my mind...he rel trim down....but he looks healthy.

On a serious note though, Hart marketing himself with the success he has brought to the MNT.  If what is said is true, that is complete madness. Imagine not getting paid for 8 months. My better sense is telling me that can't be true...ciz I know I eh wukkin no where for 8 months for free....period....cld be de pope wuk ...I eh want it.
I wonder if tim kee getting paid...I know for a fact Fuentes getting paid...

Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 05:27:29 AM »

Our priority right now should be to focus on facts and not innuendo... from what I understand, the gov't just passed an appropriation to pay Hart his entire salary not just arrears but also going forward.  This is part of a committment by the MoS to underwrite the salaries of the MNT coaching and technical staff.  So  let us not get too carried away based on some talk coming out of Jamaica right now.

Buh dreamer eh submit nutten oppositional or laden with innuendo ... Regardless of when this matter is rectified, it has been an egregious affair. And, it reflects poorly on the admin, regardless of whatever best efforts have been applied, or regardless of whether mitigating factors apply. There comes a point in time when the rubber meets the road.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 05:48:18 AM »
If hart expect to get paid for this work he must be stupid or dotish. When was the last time a coach was paid on time and regular for the ttff payment for this job is a week in Jamaica and a pass to go and watch football free you also get to boost your resume. That is the payment Money is not part of the equation.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Thankfully, someone has done it! Yuh comments are coming from the right place, but they are somewhat insensitive. We should be grateful that SH has endured and toiled through this because the benefit to the NT, and by extension the fans has been evident. Moreover, if yuh consider that player selection has been transparent and fairly even, and engaging by including some who otherwise wouldn't see the light of day, I say dahis even more value delivered. On top of all that, I'm entirely happy that it is being delivered by a T&T coach.

Fabio Capello on paper is de highest paid coach in international ball. He eh get paid neither ... he chupid too? There's no doubt that in that situation yuh make a calculus as to professional life beyond the situation.

Both men will get dey money.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:50:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 06:19:09 AM »
Look ah post it here long time now.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=63394.msg909949#msg909949

This is bull shit.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 07:28:43 AM »
I saw an interview with SH some weeks ago and on the issue of money, the man just seemed lost and frustrated although he tried to be diplomatic.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »
Imagine if the TTFA  had rebranded itself as The TT Life Support Football Association Program? That former minister would still be wicking and benefitting from the accomplishments of this team. Lol

Makes ypu wonder now how so much money allocated to sports could be so mismanaged? But now in hindsight you ask yuhself who was really behind hiring a coach who once was allegedly parry of an insurrectionist campaign agonist a government? And people expected members of that team who were ex soldiers to follow the leadership of that coach?
Look nah is real tats that went on before we and now when we Turing the corner, look what squeeze happening?

How does the government justify paying such a payout to the 2006 Socawarriors when their beef was not against the government? That same money could have been spent to support our national teams, the sad part about this is that  the reported justification for that transaction is a proviso that monies will be paid back once the players settle with their original claim. Yeah right like they have time money or motivation now to continue fighting that claim!!!!'

All that tata we still bearing. The burden of today.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 09:12:37 AM »
Doh worry guys. As soon as the new constitution and elections, Sheldon will go his way back to the US. Hart will get an offer in either Canada or US(his rep. will be on Mt. Everest by then). So you guys will get your wish.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »
I dont trust Tim Kee. He should just be honest and upfront.

But I hope something is worked out.

We need Hart on the job.

Why are there always some baccanal in T&T football don't matter who takes over?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 11:11:22 AM »
Ask Sheldon if Lincoln getting paid?

Tim Kee wants people to believe in his dream and work for free.

They hired 11 staff members for the women team at the expense of the men's.

Lincoln might replace Hart soon.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 11:43:22 AM »
Ask Sheldon if Lincoln getting paid?
Tim Kee wants people to believe in his dream and work for free.
They hired 11 staff members for the women team at the expense of the men's.
Lincoln might replace Hart soon.

:rotfl: Mr Horner, you are a funny character ... in a kinda way.
Yuh does go silent then appear like a jack-in-de-box at interesting times, like a kinda jumbie.
I would, though, like to hear your opinion on Uncle Jackulito's track record of paying people. Something to be proud of, in contrast?
I would also like to hear your take on Sheldon Phillips. All bad, mostly good or in between. Some "good" qualities similar to Jackulito? Traitor? Greedy?
When, in your opinion, did Lincoln go from a good guy to a bad guy? Was he ever a good guy?
I'm sure you would claim to know stuff and maybe you have a few pearls to share, as long as they are not classified.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:45:03 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2014, 01:48:10 PM »
Tim kee reluctance to persue the money from the 2006 campaign,will foever be that 10,000 lb rock around his neck,which will continue to haunt the foofball admistration and futher embasass the entire nation and its nationals... :devil:
Jack you have truely. F@#Ked it up royally .... :cursing:
More fire for you and those who have participated in the fraud of2006
Jah extend your hand and save us
Rastafari

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 01:59:12 PM »
Tim kee reluctance to persue the money from the 2006 campaign,will foever be that 10,000 lb rock around his neck,which will continue to haunt the foofball admistration and futher embasass the entire nation and its nationals... :devil:
Jack you have truely. F@#Ked it up royally .... :cursing:
More fire for you and those who have participated in the fraud of2006
Jah extend your hand and save us
Rastafari

Paitience, grasshopper.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »
Hear nah,this non payment going on too long and it comming more often
The grasshopper want that head like right now and that being said..its still late
If Hart-Atac should walk,now that we inlove with the progress we have made,that will be adding another insult to the original injury

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
Hear nah,this non payment going on too long and it comming more often
The grasshopper want that head like right now and that being said..its still late
If Hart-Atac should walk,now that we inlove with the progress we have made,that will be adding another insult to the original injury

is it 'non-payment' or slow payment?  Hart went into this thing with his eyes wide open... obviously he knows what he's dealing with better than anybody here, yet allyuh ready condemn the TTFA and start all kinda protest against them.  There is much that is probably happening behind the scenes that the public not privy to at this point, and can't be made privy to at this point.  We haven't heard from Coach Hart himself on the issue, so why are we even putting this much stock and emotion into this?  The problems facing the TTFA are legion and not everything can be fixed immediately.  Tim Kee never said that he's reluctant to go after the missing money, he just said that "litigation is not an option at this time."  Why are people listening to that and hearing something else?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2014, 03:02:12 PM »
If anything going on behind the scene I will be relieved
Check it...if nothing going on behind the scene.. :frustrated:
Is Latas Shabazz Hart Waldran did I miss anyone
National pride is at stake
This should not be taken lightly
With authority comes responsibility

1]; } ?>