March 28, 2024, 05:56:25 AM

Author Topic: Trouble in Jamaica!  (Read 17773 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble in Jamaica!
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
Warriors unpaid for six months; but vow to lift Caribbean Cup.
Lasana Liburd (wired868)

The “Soca Warriors” are four days away from the 2014 Caribbean Cup finals in Jamaica after successive group stage wins over Curaçao and French Guiana. But Wired868 can confirm that it is six months since the national senior team players were last paid a match fee and eight months since Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart received a salary.

The Warriors stormed up to 49th in the FIFA rankings last month, which is the country’s highest place in eight years. Off the field, though, the situation is increasingly fragile with the squad repeatedly frustrated with unfulfilled promises by Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee and general secretary Sheldon Phillips.

Wired868 was reliably informed that the Warriors have not received any payment for their last six outings, which dates back to a June 8 friendly against Iran in São Paulo. The outstanding sum is said to be nearing the region of $5 million.

It is a talking point within the camp and a source of concern for players and staff alike. However, Hart assured Trinidad and Tobago that the Warriors remain focused on the job and bringing pride to the two island republic in the regional tournament.

“The players and all of us are just trying to focus on football,” Hart told Wired868. “All the discussions between players and management (about the outstanding money) happened before we left (Trinidad). These players are totally focused on getting to the Gold Cup, which we have achieved, and trying to win the Caribbean Cup.

“In the back of their minds, I am sure there are little issues. But they have given more than I can ever ask of them on the field.”

The San Fernando-bred coach, who previously coached Canada at youth and senior level, was more guarded when asked to confirm that he had not been paid for the last eight months. He stressed that he felt uncomfortable discussing such matters in public and did not want to distract his squad.

“I suppose it is no real secret that I haven’t been paid,” said Hart. “But I don’t want to make waves or wash my laundry in public. I just want to focus on us getting to the Gold Cup and speak to (the TTFA) later.”

Team manager William Wallace has still not left for Jamaica as he tries to play his role in handling the financial rescue package, which is expected to come from the Ministry of Sport. But he said he expects the matter to be sorted in time for Tuesday’s Caribbean Cup final.

“All will be well by next Tuesday,” said Wallace. “The Minister of Sport (Dr Rupert Griffith) really went beyond the call and people stayed in (the office) until after 6 pm to do the paperwork to make sure all is ready by next week Tuesday.”

When Hart was unveiled as the new Trinidad and Tobago head coach on 24 June 2013, Tim Kee said his salary would not be borne by taxpayers but, instead, would be picked up by three unnamed sponsors—two local and one international organisation. The supposed sponsors were never identified and Wired868 understands that Hart’s outstanding payments are also on the Government’s tab.

Trinidad and Tobago plays its final group match tomorrow on Saturday November 15  from 9 pm (TT time) against Cuba in Montego Bay. A draw or a win will put Warriors in the final for the second time in successive competitions.

In 2012, Trinidad and Tobago lost 1-0 to Cuba in extra time of the regional final. And Hart said tomorrow’s game will be treated like a final.

“We have to play two finals,” said Hart. “One tomorrow and, if we win, another one after that on Tuesday And that is all I am concerned with right now.”

Unfortunately, it will not be as simple as putting Trinidad and Tobago’s best players on the field. And, although Orlando City attacker Kevin Molino scored seven times in his last four outings, it is possible that the gifted number 10 will be rested tomorrow as a matter of preserving the player’s health.

According to FIFA rules, players are only supposed to play twice within an international match window. Molino has already appeared in two games and there are as many remaining.

Should a player’s employer lodge a complaint, the TTFA would be open to sanction for violating FIFA’s guidelines.

“You have to think about the health and wellbeing of the players,” said Hart. “Almost almost every coach here is in the same situation… Some players are coming off the field eight to ten pounds lighter than they went on and there isn’t time for them to recover. And some players who played back to back games are dead.

“So we will be negligent if we didn’t pay attention to that… I am trying to rotate the squad and I think the players here have shown they can do it.

“I have to think about what is best for the player.”

The Warriors have not lifted the Caribbean crown since 2001 and team captain Kenwyne Jones said the players are determined to set that right. As an added bonus, the 2014 regional champion will also be invited to take part in South America’s 2016 Copa America tournament.

The players and technical staff are hoping, as they go about their jobs, that the TTFA is doing its own work to ensure they are remunerated for their efforts.

http://wired868.com/2014/11/14/warriors-unpaid-for-six-months-but-vow-to-lift-caribbean-cup/

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »
Good to hear Hart side of it. Thanks wired868
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »
Lasana, thanks again for delivering.
Some uncomfortable truths need to be reported
while re revel about the exciting stuff. Kudos to the players and staff for playing hard while being shortchanged. Justice will come eventually, usually not by being volunteered but by being forced due to the threat of embarrassment.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:37:48 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »
These 4cars are beyond embarrassment- I ent know if that minister playing or on somepowerplay. But leh we look at the chronology of a 'stooge' from one who was a stooge to a SP- SP rode off - Federation bankrupt- along came minister and once more he kept squeezing all the balls that was left of the federation- deployed sports money elsewhere and. He rode off next come another minister and is like he just want the federation to come begging- or to beat his mercy- and who plays the ultimate price?

Herein lies the story of the Three Stooges and their band of followers. It would be a jellaba of a price to lose a coach who is finally moving this team along and instead of making the man ride out- every dam citizen PP or not should rise up and Promise severe defeat in the next 2015 election to incompetence.

How could a nation with this amount of wealth continue to find ways to bring public embarrassment to  themselves over and over without even feeling it?

PS  then again consider a " collective Guilt"- who knows what kinda monies were used to financed an election campaigns ing to ? Maybe money finally get doled out to where it should have gone in the first place.

I read in the Guardian today where kelvin Jack said he would consider challenging Tim Kee for the title of president of the TTFA and in addition applauded the pm for the stance in paying out the funds owed to the 2006 SocaWarriors- in my opinion a stronger moral and ethical stance would have been for the government to assist and to conclusion those directly responsible for the non payment in the first place - what does absolving the culprits by paying out the money solve?  The culprit (s) is still not inclined to pay nor are the recipients of the funds motivated to spend additional time or newly acquired money to enforce their cause against the said culprit-
Nothing but a public political ploy and we still in the mess we are today!!!'mmmmmm
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:04:18 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
So for the greater good we play the games and hopefully we win the tournament.

And then what's next? I just try to put myself in the space of the coach. There was no way i was working without pay for 6 months. I eh care what any administrator could promise after the fact.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 10:30:38 PM »
At the PNM Rally at the Queen's Park Savannah this Sunday Dr Keith Rowley called on the government to ensure that the players, staff and head coach of both our Women's and Men's Football Teams are properly looked after as they make the nation proud.
He said that it is unacceptable that our Men's Senior Football Team head coach Steven Hart has not been paid for 8 months and this disgrace need to be corrected by our government immediately.

I am pleased that our government opposition leader has raised this as an important national pride issue.
Lets see how our PR PP government responds.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:47:09 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »
This is absolutely alarming to say the least.. it is about time much  be said about the  shameful treatment of the coaching personnels ..!!   This cannot be allowed to continue , along the same path... thank you Dr keith rowley  ... for shedding light on this issue of non payment as it relates to our national  coaches !!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 05:03:54 AM »
Govt must find $$ to pay our footballers
T&T Express Reports.

Rowley at PNM convention:

People’s National Movement (PNM) political leader Dr Keith Rowley yesterday demanded that Government find money to pay the national women’s and men’s football teams and the coach.

Speaking to thousands at the party’s 45th annual convention at the Grand Stand, Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain, Rowley said: “We could find hundreds of millions, just so, to feed crime in LifeSport and inflate contracts to enrich friends...but at the same time our national women’s football team is penniless and hungry in a foreign land and our men’s football team has played without pay, match after match, and the coach (Stephen Hart) of the national football team of Trinidad and Tobago has not received a salary for nine months. Have we no shame? This simply cannot be allowed to continue.

“Tonight I call on the Government to approve an appropriate budget to sustain our youngsters on the women’s football team and the national football team and to have the coach paid right through to the very end of their programme. We, the people of Trinidad and Tobago, the taxpayers, they (the teams) make us proud, they must not be suffering indignities as they carry the red, white and black,” he added.

Rowley said LifeSport was just the “tip of the iceberg” in terms of Government wastage and poorly-conceived and designed programmes and policies.

“WASA is just as shocking and the NGC (National Gas Company) is the Government’s official piggy bank. Money is wasted or misallocated in almost every area,” he said.

Rowley, who spoke extensively on the direction the PNM was proposing to take the country, said the party had reviewed Vision 2020 and “tried, honestly, to assess what things we have done right and what things we did wrong while in Government between 2002 and 2010”.

He said the six guiding principles underpinning the party’s policy were morality in public affairs; personal responsibility; generosity in terms of being our brother’s keeper and the environment’s protector; equity; productivity; and subsidiarity (decentralisation).

Rowley said the challenges facing the country were crime; the development of the energy sector in the face of the shale gas revolution; dependency; corruption; competitiveness; and institutional breakdown.

Saying that the PNM was concerned about institutions such as the Central Bank, The University of the West Indies and UTT, Rowley said the main criterion for selection to run institutions could not be a party card or being “a drinking partner of the Prime Minister”.

“We now have too many institutions tripping over themselves pretending to carry out some mandate developed at a bar or cocktail party or developed by ‘vaps’ and funded by the taxpayer.”

On the issue of dependency, Rowley said too many people, “from millionaire to scrunter, had become entirely dependent on the State” and that millionaire businessmen were getting CEPEP contracts in which no training was being passed on to workers.

Rowley said the parliamentary five-year term ends in June 2015, “and the period between the second week of June and September is only for emergencies”, challenging the Government’s assertions that it has until September 2015 to call the next general election.

“No more incompetence, nepotism, favouritism, corruption, wastage of taxpayers’ money; no more mismanagement of foreign exchange, false CVs and bogus qualifications; no more constitutional amendments for partisan advantage; no more lies and deception,” Rowley declared, adding that change was coming.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 05:21:16 AM »
BOOM! It's so funny. I can relate personally to a number of issues he's trying to highlight here. T&T has become a very sad place  :'(.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 07:46:09 AM »
BOOM! It's so funny. I can relate personally to a number of issues he's trying to highlight here. T&T has become a very sad place  :'(.

The biggest mistake the country ever made was taking basket from a corrupt PPG and getting rid of Manning and the PNM who were actually doing a decent job with executing their 2020 vision plan.

Lets hope our PR PP government does something to ensure our Men's & Women's Football teams are looked after immediately.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:50:50 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Govt-must-find--to-pay-our-footballers-282899311.html

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
I don't agree with the politicizing of the issue, it's not good when the PP gov't do it, so I won't say it's good just because Rowley is doing it.  What I would like to see, in addition to, or perhaps in place of, funding thru the MoS, is that government entities start the ball rolling by investing some of their marketing and other discretionary funds into the TTFA.  Since everybody seems to agree that sponsorship is the biggest problem right now, since there is money appropriated with the NGC, TTEC, WASA etc. for marketing, advertising, public relations etc... put some of that into the FA.  That would provide a much needed cash infusion, and hopefully encourage the private sector to get involved as well.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
I don't agree with the politicizing of the issue, it's not good when the PP gov't do it, so I won't say it's good just because Rowley is doing it.  What I would like to see, in addition to, or perhaps in place of, funding thru the MoS, is that government entities start the ball rolling by investing some of their marketing and other discretionary funds into the TTFA.  Since everybody seems to agree that sponsorship is the biggest problem right now, since there is money appropriated with the NGC, TTEC, WASA etc. for marketing, advertising, public relations etc... put some of that into the FA.  That would provide a much needed cash infusion, and hopefully encourage the private sector to get involved as well.

Well according to Tim Kee no money outstanding so this thread need to delete and somebody need to tell Hart he pay "arranged". Maybe blame the bank or something, but the TTFA have everything covered.

Rowley you siddung too only trying politics. Asa a matter of fact everybody siddung and just watch.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »

Well according to Tim Kee no money outstanding so this thread need to delete and somebody need to tell Hart he pay "arranged". Maybe blame the bank or something, but the TTFA have everything covered.

Rowley you siddung too only trying politics. Asa a matter of fact everybody siddung and just watch.
:thumbsup:

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2014, 03:57:38 AM »
Warriors blank CFU final over $10m wage dispute.
By Rhondor Dowlat (Guardian).

BOYCOTT!

T&T’s Soca Warriors last night decided to boycott tonight’s CFU Caribbean Football Cup final against Jamaica over the non-payment of salaries and arrears, amounting to an estimated $10 million, owed to them by the T&T Football Association (TTFA).

Speaking to the T&T Guardian from Jamaica last night, skipper Kenwyne Jones said the decision may very well mean this will be the last time fans will see this team.

Jones said the team, which had already qualified for the Concacaf Gold Cup by virtue of reaching the final, realised they were taking a drastic measure. But he said they had had enough of promises and lies. “It always affects the situation and it has been going on for a very long time,” an upset Jones said.

“We are fed up of the football association making promises and telling a lot of untruths. No one wants to be a part of football and we are in a position that is not even at breaking point. It could very well be the end of a dynasty before it could get there.”

The England-based striker admitted that coach Stephen Hart was on the brink of leaving Jamaica to return to Canada with his family on Sunday because he was frustrated that thousands of dollars owed to him had not yet been paid. He said the players and technical staff also faced the same dilemma, noting some of them had not been paid for years.

Contacted on the matter yesterday, TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips confirmed the team was owed millions. He said a Cabinet note was passed about two weeks ago approving a sum of $10 million. That sum, he said, will be to pay the debt and take the Soca Warriors through to the Gold Cup next year.

“We sent a note to Cabinet explaining the situation and the millions of dollars we owed,” Phillips said. “We are now in the process of getting those funds drawn down. We were promised part last week and got nothing. When we enquired we were told today (Monday) and still nothing.” 

Phillips said he was doing all he could to get the money to pay the team. We are dealing with a lot, including having a new permanent secretary at the Ministry of Sport. “We have been liaising with the ministry for months now and happy that we actually got this breakthrough of the $10 million.

Payment is imminent though.” He in 2012 they were already $4 million in arrears to the team. He said he hoped the players were despondent to the point that it would affect the final. “Understandably, they are dealing with this for a long time but I am pushing very hard to address this as soon as possible.”

Players have bills too

But speaking from the team’s camp in Kingston yesterday, Jones said Hart has been owned money for a period of eight months, the staff for more than eight months and the players for about four years.

“That figure may vary per player. Some are owed $30,000 and $40,000,” he said. “The coach has his family to see about, bills to pay. We, the players, need payment too. Most of them say they will leave and never return to play for T&T again because of this overbearing situation. We tried to hold it together but can’t again.”

Political Leader of the People’s National Movement (PNM), Dr Keith Rowley, during a speech at the party’s convention on Sunday, raised the issue of the non-payment of wages and lack of funding for both the men’s and women’s football team.

He said: “We could find hundreds of millions, just so, to feed crime in LifeSport and inflate contracts to enrich friends, but at the same time our national women’s football team is penniless in a foreign land and the men’s team have played without pay, match after match. Have we no shame? This simply cannot be allowed to continue.”

Efforts to reach TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee and Minister of Sport Dr Rupert Griffith for comment last night wee unsuccessful as calls to their cellphones went unanswered and they did not return messages.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:54:44 AM by Flex »
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2014, 04:09:02 AM »
It good for we  >:(

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2014, 05:33:42 AM »
From Trinidad Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.tt/columnist/2012-09-09/towards-corruption-free-tt

Published:
Sunday, September 9, 2012

Corruption continues to be a hot topic in the everyday life of the people of Trinidad and Tobago. In our news media, the business community, among politicians and among those who write letters to newspaper editors, issues of corruption, transparency within the Public Service, arbitrary, unfair treatment, and the absence of integrity remain prominent. In one newspaper a writer says “corruption is rife in the nation.” Over the past few weeks we have read the following headlines in the local newspapers:
• “Our deeper corruption”
• “A call to serve country–not self”
• “An eye for an eye”
• “Culture of compliance needed”..

The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2014, 05:41:45 AM »
I am quite shocked to see this headline this morning. However, the talk coming out of Jamaica has been very emotional....I just didn't realize the players would go this far!

I imagine that KJ feels that nothing has changed since 2006 and the court case was all for nothing, morally. I imagine this is not about money for him, but he's standing up for the rest of the team.

I can see the frustrations from all sides. Particularly the lack of timely support from the govt after the debacle of LifeSport.

There are many questions to be asked about the relationship between TTFA and MoS and why it always appears to be MoS delaying payments.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 05:48:05 AM »
I am quite shocked to see this headline this morning. However, the talk coming out of Jamaica has been very emotional....I just didn't realize the players would go this far!

I imagine that KJ feels that nothing has changed since 2006 and the court case was all for nothing, morally. I imagine this is not about money for him, but he's standing up for the rest of the team.

I can see the frustrations from all sides. Particularly the lack of timely support from the govt after the debacle of LifeSport.

There are many questions to be asked about the relationship between TTFA and MoS and why it always appears to be MoS delaying payments.

TTFA + MoS = PNM vs PP

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2014, 05:49:39 AM »
Tim Kee is making the rounds on the morning shows indicating that according to his information "Game On!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2014, 05:50:15 AM »

TTFA + MoS = PNM vs PP

This very point was made when Tim-Kee stood for the presidency. It's not really rocket science is it?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2014, 06:34:42 AM »
The manager is en route to Jamaica with the players money. The TTFA and the minister of Finance sat down last night along with the minister of sports to come up with a plan top expedite the process so the players and staff will get their arrears before today's games.

So I was told.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:02:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2014, 06:42:54 AM »
Good for the players. Should have done this before the tournament IMO.

Also this is why we need a players union. Instead of getting arrears they would negotiate future payments and arrangements with MOS, SPORTT company and TTFA.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2014, 07:07:01 AM »
Actually FF, always do it when you have the MOST leverage. Tactically PERFECT timing.
No propagandist for Uncle Tim, Uncle Jack, "Rupes", lackeys in the press or on this website can say the players did not sacrifice.
They got us to the final and to the Gold Cup, so even if they get fired, they would be leaving plenty room for scab labour to take their job.
They have the TTFA, MOS, press, waggonists, socawarriors website, CFU, Jamaica and tons of others eating out their hands for a "dream final". Brilliant. Just brilliant.
Nevertheless, as I said, be prepared for history to repeat itself (with players / journalists being called a bunch of greedy f**kers) with the team, Hart, those who were catalysts of the expose' like Lasana to be verbally assaulted, maligned, called the most vile names, in the hope of protecting their secret pacts. All I can say is please pray people and let those who live by the sword .....
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:13:02 AM by dreamer »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2014, 07:10:43 AM »
I can't see anybody calling them greedy.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2014, 07:18:23 AM »
I will be in the minority here but I disagree with this move on the players' part.  If you are going to boycott, do it before you show up.  Thinking of the whole football program, not playing in the final can have a devastating effect on our national teams as it could affect all of our programs.  Some would say it's greed (I wouldn't), some would stay strategy (I agree) but ultimately, if you playing football for T&T and don't understand the dynamics, you are joking.  Everyone's eyes are wide shut apparently. This is why all of our teams will continually suffer.  Playing for your country is not about money, it is about pride.  Not saying you shouldn't get paid, everyone should, but if you are truly looking for money, play for yuh damn club and don't come.  We will always be in a cat and mouse game.  While I don't support the current administration, in reality the TTFA is a microcosm of our society in that all we do is depend on the gov't.   
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
The manager is en route to Jamaica with the players money. The TTFA got the minister of Finance involved last night along with the minister of sports to expedite the process and keep their promise to the players and staff that their arrears will be addressed before today's games.

Like Ghana in de World Cup.  ;D
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2014, 07:21:41 AM »
well constructed post Arimaman.
Some thoughtful points

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2014, 07:26:26 AM »
Watch and see how fast that money suddenly will be made available.
It will reach Jamaica faster than a F24 fighter traveling at mark 7. Daiz history possibly made right dey.
Uncle "greedy players" Jackulito, Horner: your comments please.
Arimaman, doh frighten you in de majority soldyah. Trus' meh, it takes real balls to shake de system and be prepared to lose everything in a hard ball move. But it's worth losing on principle as the gold bullions  of respect are worth more than material silverware (on 'ungry belly) tainted with blood.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:45:46 AM by dreamer »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2014, 07:34:51 AM »
I will be in the minority here but I disagree with this move on the players' part.  If you are going to boycott, do it before you show up.  Thinking of the whole football program, not playing in the final can have a devastating effect on our national teams as it could affect all of our programs.  Some would say it's greed (I wouldn't), some would stay strategy (I agree) but ultimately, if you playing football for T&T and don't understand the dynamics, you are joking.  Everyone's eyes are wide shut apparently. This is why all of our teams will continually suffer.  Playing for your country is not about money, it is about pride.  Not saying you shouldn't get paid, everyone should, but if you are truly looking for money, play for yuh damn club and don't come.  We will always be in a cat and mouse game.  While I don't support the current administration, in reality the TTFA is a microcosm of our society in that all we do is depend on the gov't.   

That is all well and good. Seems reasonable, but we are not dealing with reasonable people. We are dealing with probably the most corrupt govt ever! They can find millions for friends and family but for the people who actually put the country on the map, they must wait.
This is not new. This has been happening under previous admins. The situation really is worse now because corruption is shooting through the roof and the present admin carries on and don't give a damn as long as friends and family can full their pockets.
Unless we get a govt that truly understands the importance of sport in marketing a country this will always happen. These idiots really believe that it all about them. Just ask the two-landrovers man. Before he came into govt he was a crusader for integrity in govt. Now he is in govt integrity be damned, unless of course, it will paralyze or destroy his opposition.
Thank God we don't live forever.
Oh btw, playing for pride is good if you don't live off the play. Otherwise playing for pride is bullshit if you are a professional. Do you work for pride or money? Or do you work for money and then take pride in your work You guys need to come off of that bullshit cliche! These are professionals. They must be payed before they can play for pride!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:38:36 AM by sub1 »

1]; } ?>