March 29, 2024, 01:09:06 AM

Author Topic: Trouble in Jamaica!  (Read 17776 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble in Jamaica!
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2014, 08:14:22 AM »
A word of caution before the revisionists of history have their say.
Let it be written into the history records of T&T that:
Kenwyne Jones and his band of nashy foot soldiers, aided and abetted secretly by the devious hungry belly and recently-made-magga coach BraveHart and the dirty "f**kers" and instigators, like Lasana and other filth like him, made happen, without much help from a persuasive bunch of naysayers, one of the most historic massive payouts (on their terms and on their timeline demands) to footballers in the plantation of a place called  Trinidad. This opened the door to a frightening wave of calls from more of the player savages in other sports and Caribbean plantation territories for justice, transparency and fairness. Scary times we were living in.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:09:04 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2014, 08:19:38 AM »
The manager is en route to Jamaica with the players money. The TTFA got the minister of Finance involved last night along with the minister of sports to expedite the process and keep their promise to the players and staff that their arrears will be addressed before today's games.

Like Ghana in de World Cup.  ;D

So I expect to see them posing wit d cheques.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2014, 09:33:11 AM »
The manager is en route to Jamaica with the players money. The TTFA got the minister of Finance involved last night along with the minister of sports to expedite the process and keep their promise to the players and staff that their arrears will be addressed before today's games.

You mean with cash

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »
Brown envelopes maybe coming through Montego Bay airport. Diplomatic immunity arranged by the Don "Honest Horace" Burrellito.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »
Well Rowley will be happy to see the political bait he put out there has been gleefully snapped up. I'm not saying the MoS doesn't have a degree of culpability or not but the primary reason the state of football is in the mess its in is because of the TTFF/TTFA's lack of accountability, transparency and regulatory structure for donkey years now. Its with a high degree of hilarity that Rowley thinks he has the moral authority to comment on such matters, kettle calling pot black imo and politicizing the matter does absolutely nothing but take away from the deep and serious discussion needed around the state of our national football program. Imagine our men's team on the brink of winning a title and qualifying for a historic tournament and our women's team on the brink world cup history as well and people trying to gain political mileage.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2014, 09:45:18 AM »

Really? So the situation was resolved by TTFA?

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »
Well Rowley will be happy to see the political bait he put out there has been gleefully snapped up. I'm not saying the MoS doesn't have a degree of culpability or not but the primary reason the state of football is in the mess its in is because of the TTFF/TTFA's lack of accountability, transparency and regulatory structure for donkey years now. Its with a high degree of hilarity that Rowley thinks he has the moral authority to comment on such matters, kettle calling pot black imo and politicizing the matter does absolutely nothing but take away from the deep and serious discussion needed around the state of our national football program. Imagine our men's team on the brink of winning a title and qualifying for a historic tournament and our women's team on the brink world cup history as well and people trying to gain political mileage.

Everything will be politicized if it will a govt look bad, especially if they are the source of the revenue. We have a welfare league and call it a pro-league. We have the same set of losers running it. Now if we had competent people running it maybe, just maybe, we would not be in the financial position that we are in today.
I hace stated before and will stand by it that our govts should not finance more than 5 sports. Football, Cricket, Track and field and Cycling. Every other sport should fend for itself. Imagine Manning gave so much money to Basketball, a sport that will never see us on the world stage, My heart goes out to netball but none of our girls will go on to earn a living from this sport. I say scrap it and develop the aforementioned 5 sports from primary to high school. IF this done we will develop more world beaters.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »

I am sure that is how Flex got the message.

The TTFA taking credit for this when is really the government who had and always have to bail them out.

De TTFA been promising.

Only because de players embarrass the country that de government step in and now de TTFA making it look like they are the ones making this happen.

Tim Kee and Sheldon playing politics.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2014, 10:17:48 AM »

Repost.

The manager is en route to Jamaica with the players money. The TTFA and the minister of Finance sat down last night along with the minister of sports to come up with a plan top expedite the process so the players and staff will get their arrears before today's games.

The minister/s came through to bail out the FA.

So I was told.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »

I am sure that is how Flex got the message.

The TTFA taking credit for this when is really the government who had and always have to bail them out.

De TTFA been promising.

Only because de players embarrass the country that de government step in and now de TTFA making it look like they are the ones making this happen.

Tim Kee and Sheldon playing politics.

Well, I have heard a slightly different story. Not to say that TTFA did not work through the night.
KJ made it clear that this was not about him, but that the team were supporting Hart. The players want the Caribbean Cup, but they also don't want to lose Hart (no pun intended!)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »

You mean with cash

Nah the Manager get cheques.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »
I will be in the minority here but I disagree with this move on the players' part.  If you are going to boycott, do it before you show up.  Thinking of the whole football program, not playing in the final can have a devastating effect on our national teams as it could affect all of our programs.  Some would say it's greed (I wouldn't), some would stay strategy (I agree) but ultimately, if you playing football for T&T and don't understand the dynamics, you are joking.  Everyone's eyes are wide shut apparently. This is why all of our teams will continually suffer.  Playing for your country is not about money, it is about pride.  Not saying you shouldn't get paid, everyone should, but if you are truly looking for money, play for yuh damn club and don't come.  We will always be in a cat and mouse game.  While I don't support the current administration, in reality the TTFA is a microcosm of our society in that all we do is depend on the gov't.   

That is all well and good. Seems reasonable, but we are not dealing with reasonable people. We are dealing with probably the most corrupt govt ever! They can find millions for friends and family but for the people who actually put the country on the map, they must wait.
This is not new. This has been happening under previous admins. The situation really is worse now because corruption is shooting through the roof and the present admin carries on and don't give a damn as long as friends and family can full their pockets.
Unless we get a govt that truly understands the importance of sport in marketing a country this will always happen. These idiots really believe that it all about them. Just ask the two-landrovers man. Before he came into govt he was a crusader for integrity in govt. Now he is in govt integrity be damned, unless of course, it will paralyze or destroy his opposition.
Thank God we don't live forever.
Oh btw, playing for pride is good if you don't live off the play. Otherwise playing for pride is bullshit if you are a professional. Do you work for pride or money? Or do you work for money and then take pride in your work You guys need to come off of that bullshit cliche! These are professionals. They must be payed before they can play for pride!!
[/quote
I will be in the minority here but I disagree with this move on the players' part.  If you are going to boycott, do it before you show up.  Thinking of the whole football program, not playing in the final can have a devastating effect on our national teams as it could affect all of our programs.  Some would say it's greed (I wouldn't), some would stay strategy (I agree) but ultimately, if you playing football for T&T and don't understand the dynamics, you are joking.  Everyone's eyes are wide shut apparently. This is why all of our teams will continually suffer.  Playing for your country is not about money, it is about pride.  Not saying you shouldn't get paid, everyone should, but if you are truly looking for money, play for yuh damn club and don't come.  We will always be in a cat and mouse game.  While I don't support the current administration, in reality the TTFA is a microcosm of our society in that all we do is depend on the gov't.   

That is all well and good. Seems reasonable, but we are not dealing with reasonable people. We are dealing with probably the most corrupt govt ever! They can find millions for friends and family but for the people who actually put the country on the map, they must wait.
This is not new. This has been happening under previous admins. The situation really is worse now because corruption is shooting through the roof and the present admin carries on and don't give a damn as long as friends and family can full their pockets.
Unless we get a govt that truly understands the importance of sport in marketing a country this will always happen. These idiots really believe that it all about them. Just ask the two-landrovers man. Before he came into govt he was a crusader for integrity in govt. Now he is in govt integrity be damned, unless of course, it will paralyze or destroy his opposition.
Thank God we don't live forever.
Oh btw, playing for pride is good if you don't live off the play. Otherwise playing for pride is bullshit if you are a professional. Do you work for pride or money? Or do you work for money and then take pride in your work You guys need to come off of that bullshit cliche! These are professionals. They must be payed before they can play for pride!!
You have a typical Trinidadian mentality...gov't, gov't, gov't..... Everybody looking for a handout.   Quite frankly to me it is sickening.  There is a marked difference.  Playing for one's country is not a madate, we not in China or Russia.  You get called, you can choose to come or not.  I understand, in some circumstances you can be banned by your local association which affects your club career but these lads are into it for themselves.  I am not saying they are greedy (they are owed the money), however, you really think they care about the women's team and the youth teams and trinidad in general.... please....  I am not disagreeing with their boycott, I feel the timing is poor.  Again, some would say it is right because they have the upper hand but that's the way we work in trini.  We don't like how the gov't work, so we burn tires.  Small minded stuff man.  I will never defend the TTFA but in reality they have no resources other that gov't handouts and FIFA.  How we get out of that rut, I don't know. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:06 AM »
Completely support the timing of this strike.

History has shown that when ppl just walk away, it's business as usual with the TTFF. Had these fellas all quit before the tournament, a second String team would have been sent. And we might have spent a year or more like this.

Now the TTFA says the money was being arranged by the MOS and that's why the manager stayed back. Well guess what, the money was STILL late and they say FACK dat, no football. And they damn right. Is years now ppl waiting for they money. Nobody can say these fella selfish or are mercenaries.

Look at Anton, he walk away ages now, where he money? I guess it coming now. Unless the dollars is only for the ppl playing in J'ca.

Well done Warriors!!!   :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2014, 10:44:25 AM »

Kenwyne Jones - We will contest the Caribbean Cup Final

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rtEpp6Uo68Y&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rtEpp6Uo68Y&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »

So Rowley in Cahoots with KJ and the players? Don't understand what Rowley have to do with the players wanting their money.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »
Repost.

The manager is en route to Jamaica with the players money. The TTFA and the minister of Finance sat down last night along with the minister of sports to come up with a plan top expedite the process so the players and staff will get their arrears before today's games.

So I was told.

How did the "minister/s" come through to 'bail' out the FA and it's the Minister's/Ministry's responsibility for the debt?

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »
100% behind you SH, KJ and crew

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
You have a typical Trinidadian mentality...gov't, gov't, gov't..... Everybody looking for a handout.   Quite frankly to me it is sickening.  There is a marked difference.  Playing for one's country is not a madate, we not in China or Russia.  You get called, you can choose to come or not.  I understand, in some circumstances you can be banned by your local association which affects your club career but these lads are into it for themselves.  I am not saying they are greedy (they are owed the money), however, you really think they care about the women's team and the youth teams and trinidad in general.... please....  I am not disagreeing with their boycott, I feel the timing is poor.  Again, some would say it is right because they have the upper hand but that's the way we work in trini.  We don't like how the gov't work, so we burn tires.  Small minded stuff man.  I will never defend the TTFA but in reality they have no resources other that gov't handouts and FIFA.  How we get out of that rut, I don't know. 

I don't agree with the reliance on the government either, was critical of it under the old TTFF so I can't be for it now.  However... what is the purpose of a "Ministry of Sports"?  Not to suggest that the Ministry exists as a private bank for sports in TnT, but certainly one of the purposes, in "promoting" sports or however they've termed their mission statement, is to ensure athletic opportunities for citizens, and whether they are doing a perfect, good or acceptable job, the TTFA works to further that same purpose.  It therefore would make sense that there would be some form of government assistance.  As for how we wean the TTFA off the government teat... clearly that answer lies in the TTFA becoming more self-sufficient by generating it's own revenue stream.  That has to come from sponsorships, merchandizing etc.  The TTFA bears a lot of responsibility in this regard, but it also takes two hands to clap, local businesses have to come on board as well.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:32 AM »

Madness. Alyuh want men to just show up and play.  This is not Savannah football. This is how men make they living. Alyuh is jokers yes. Could never follow that logic that playing for country is about pride. That's part of it, a big part of it but yuh cyah have pride and be hungry.

They should just say they eh playing before the tourney so the TTFA can exploit a young player who trying to make it. That is the reason we will never reach no where, because of people who think like you in not understanding the modern game and how to be competitive in it.

Explain how the players depending on the government for a handout? The TTFA who "employ" them to come play. Is the TTFA they challenging, how doe that equal to a government dependency on the players part?

Men just want to see football and don't care about players.

And by the way, we have no National Football Programs, never had and apparently never will. We always had National team, but never programs.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2014, 11:05:15 AM »
Repost.

So I was told.

How did the "minister/s" come through to 'bail' out the FA and it's the Minister's/Ministry's responsibility for the debt?

Does the minister/ministry hire the Head Coach? It is the TTFA's responsibility to ensure that their employee receive payment in a timely manner.

Yes the ministry pays the Head Coach, but who are his employers?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2014, 11:07:56 AM »
Explain how the players depending on the government for a handout? The TTFA who "employ" them to come play. Is the TTFA they challenging, how doe that equal to a government dependency on the players part?

"The TTFA are not [their] "employers". I would love to see a contract of employment from the TTFA. When did negotiations take place between the players and the TTFA and who represented the players?8)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »

"The TTFA are not [their] "employers". I would love to see a contract of employment from the TTFA. When did negotiations take place between the players and the TTFA and who represented the players?8)

Ah glad yuh pick up on it, yuh wukking.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2014, 11:14:02 AM »
Does the minister/ministry hire the Head Coach? It is the TTFA's responsibility to ensure that their employee receive payment in a timely manner.

Yes the ministry pays the Head Coach, but who are his employers?

The Ministry assumed responsibility for paying the salaries of the coaches about 18 months ago... so if money slow how is it the TTFA's fault?  Ideally the TTFA wouldn't have to rely on the Ministry to pay salaries, but there's ideal and then there is reality.  Reality is that a former government minister bleed the old TTFF dry and likely used some of that money to put the present government in power, so the present government has a moral obligation to help underwrite some of the operating costs/debts of the FA.

Ah glad yuh pick up on it, yuh wukking.

Me eh "pick up" on nothing... just pointing out how shifting yuh narrative does be when it suits yuh.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »
I am glad it worked out.

Our WNT was in the same boat. With all that was going on, they were able to do well and make the playoff.. I have a feeling our MNT will overcome this adversity and show their resilience.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2014, 11:33:12 AM »

I do not think Rowley has morality authority to comment on such. He has a right to to comment. (1) Freedom of speech. (2) Tax payers money involved. (3) Football became very political when a certain FIFA official  join the PP. Rowley complained that the minister position in parliament was a conflict of interest. Seeing that FIFA forbade government intervention in football matters of a country, it would be extremely difficult to investigate a FIFA official(who also acted as PM when Madame PM went abroad).

Tim Kee is the PNM mayor of POS. You think all this bachannal with the men and women team is not about politics. You think they want Tim Kee to look good.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:54:37 AM by Deeks »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2014, 11:38:30 AM »
A word of caution before the revisionists of history have their say.
Let it be written into the history records of T&T that:
Kenwyne Jones and his band of nashy foot soldiers, aided and abetted secretly by the devious hungry belly and recently-made-magga coach BraveHart and the dirty "f**kers" and instigators, like Lasana and other filth like him, made happen, without much help from a persuasive bunch of naysayers, one of the most historic massive payouts (on their terms and on their timeline demands) to footballers in the plantation of a place called  Trinidad. This opened the door to a frightening wave of calls from more of the player savages in other sports and Caribbean plantation territories for justice, transparency and fairness. Scary times we were living in.
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »

Everything will be politicized if it will a govt look bad, especially if they are the source of the revenue. We have a welfare league and call it a pro-league. We have the same set of losers running it. Now if we had competent people running it maybe, just maybe, we would not be in the financial position that we are in today.
I hace stated before and will stand by it that our govts should not finance more than 5 sports. Football, Cricket, Track and field and Cycling. Every other sport should fend for itself. Imagine Manning gave so much money to Basketball, a sport that will never see us on the world stage, My heart goes out to netball but none of our girls will go on to earn a living from this sport. I say scrap it and develop the aforementioned 5 sports from primary to high school. IF this done we will develop more world beaters.
Add Boxing to your list as we have produced world class boxers in the past and that sport can save many of our youths from going down a criminal path in life.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2014, 12:03:27 PM »
I find that it is very sad that you all picking certain sports for gov't funding.   Leaving out netball and basketball is ridiculous dudes. Basketball is a popular sport in TT. Why leave it out? Netball? why? Is a girls sport? You cyah make a living playing them? Nah dudes!!!! Come better than that. All sports should be funded.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2014, 12:16:46 PM »

Madness. Alyuh want men to just show up and play.  This is not Savannah football. This is how men make they living. Alyuh is jokers yes. Could never follow that logic that playing for country is about pride. That's part of it, a big part of it but yuh cyah have pride and be hungry.

They should just say they eh playing before the tourney so the TTFA can exploit a young player who trying to make it. That is the reason we will never reach no where, because of people who think like you in not understanding the modern game and how to be competitive in it.

Men just want to see football and don't care about players.

And by the way, we have no National Football Programs, never had and apparently never will. We always had National team, but never programs.
:beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »
Repost.

So I was told.

Who say so?

The Min. gives a budget, it's up to the TTFA to work within that budget or source more funds. Are you trying to say that for years the MOS has been short changing the Fed. or just not giving them what they ask for due to a lack of transparency.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>