March 18, 2024, 09:20:22 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)  (Read 44697 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)
« on: November 16, 2014, 05:26:42 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Group B Winner 2014 Caribbean Cup game at the Montego Bay Sports Complex (20:00), Montego Bay on the 18th of November 2014 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

http://www.concacaf.com/video/cfu-caribbean-cup-november-18-2014

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9404595/Third-Final

Possible TV Station.

Digicel SportsMax 2; FLOW (channel 315) and DirecTV (channel 634).
CNC3

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Adrian Foncette (Police FC).

Defenders

Radanfah Abu Bakr (Kruoja Pakruojis), Justin Hoyte (Millwall), Joevin Jones (HJK Helsinki), Daneil Cyrus (Hà Nội T&T), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps), Aubrey David (FF Jaro), Yohance Marshall (Unattached).

Midfielders

Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), 
Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Kevan George (Columbus Crew),
Ataullah Guerra (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Jamal Gay (Rovaniemen Palloseura), Hughtun Hector (Hà Nội T&T), Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes).

Forwards

Kenwyne Jones (capt) (Cardiff City), Jonathan Glenn (Íþróttabandalag Vestmannaeyja), Shahdon Winchester (FF Jaro).

Coach - Stephen Hart.

Group B Winner Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:05:52 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Group B Winner Game (18-Nov-2014)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 07:04:32 AM »
Williams
David
Cyrus
Abu Bakr
Hoyte
Joevin
Boucaud
Molino
Hyland
Peltier
Jones

Paul for Hyland
Cato for Peltier
Glenn for Jones
Hector for Boucaud
Mitchell for Abu Bakr

Send these fellas on de first flight out of Jamaica.

Marshall (he needs a club bad or else he should not be on the T&T side)

Winchester (lazy especially off de ball)

Gay (I eh see to much of him, but ah know he is a fighter, so we go see)

George (he could play football, man cant even pass ah ball)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:11:07 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 07:17:05 AM »
Jan
J.Jones
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Hoyte
Hector
Boucaud
Molino
Hyland
Peltier
K.Jones

More of a 4-2-3-1 with Boucaud and Hyland CM's...Hector LAM-Molino CAM-Peltier RAM- Kenwyne ST

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 07:36:36 AM »
I prefer to see Jovein in a more advanced position. He is a livewire going forward and is naturally left sided. Nice selection headache for the final.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 08:18:02 AM »
Jan
J.Jones
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Hoyte
Hector
Boucaud
Molino
Hyland
Peltier
K.Jones

More of a 4-2-3-1 with Boucaud and Hyland CM's...Hector LAM-Molino CAM-Peltier RAM- Kenwyne ST
I think this might be the best team we have available during this tournament, little unsure about Abu but he cant do any worse than Mitchell looked last night  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 08:19:42 AM »
I prefer to see Jovein in a more advanced position. He is a livewire going forward and is naturally left sided. Nice selection headache for the final.

The thing is, he hardly ever does it for the national team even though he's been highly encouraged by the coach to do so.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 08:23:20 AM »
Ah like Hector, but you need a solid team.

Daivd left back and Joevin left wing.

We need to plug we midfield.

Midfield win games.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 09:11:01 AM »
Anyone with thoughts observations comments about the play of Jonathan Glenn so far? Is he a fit on this team?  Have not read a lot of commentary about his play to date?

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:03 AM »
Jan
J.Jones
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Hoyte
Hector
Boucaud
Molino
Hyland
Peltier
K.Jones

I think this might be the best team we have available during this tournament, little unsure about Abu but he cant do any worse than Mitchell looked last night  :beermug:

Mitchell I think is suspended... yellow in the 1st game, yellow last night in the end.

I'm no fan of Cyrus or Abu Bakr but with Marshall looking unfit and short of confidence and the fact Hart took him off last night meaning no confidence in him from the staff surely Cyrus and Abu will start.

I'm hoping Boucaud and Hyland will offer them protection and passing outlets under pressure because those 2 need assistance. Hopefully they can both have good games and do a job.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »
Anyone with thoughts observations comments about the play of Jonathan Glenn so far? Is he a fit on this team?  Have not read a lot of commentary about his play to date?

He looked ok in his second game yesterday.

His first however, he was really good...  :liar:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 09:24:42 AM »
Mitchell I think is suspended... yellow in the 1st game, yellow last night in the end.

Doesn't cards get wiped of for the final game?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 09:46:03 AM »
Ah like Hector, but you need a solid team.

Daivd left back and Joevin left wing.

We need to plug we midfield.

Midfield win games.

sam hector does his part defensively doh worry bout he.......he is also d better attackin option down the left
I pity the fool....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
So from a potential opposition: hear nah wha dem ah saying bout dem team and dem players - me feel dem a ungry fah de game on Tuesday

Jamaican Gleaner

Paul Clarke, Gleaner Writer

WESTERN BUREAU:

A berth in Tuesday's Caribbean Football Union's Caribbean Cup final will be at stake when hosts Jamaica square off against Haiti in the final Group B preliminary round match at the Montego Bay Sports Complex today. Kick off time is set for 8 p.m.

Haiti enter today's match with a distinct advantage. They lead the group on goal difference and need only a draw to reach Tuesday's final. Both countries are on four points from a win one, draw one record and have an identical plus three goal difference. Haiti, however, have scored five goals and conceded two while the Reggae Boyz have a four for, one against record. The winners of both groups, A and B, will meet in the final.

Both teams enter today's game on a high after 3-0 wins last Friday night.

Jamaica, in what was their most impressive recent display, blanked Antigua and Barbuda 3-0. Kemar Lawrence (30th), Darren Mattocks (43rd) and captain Rodolph Austin (88th) got the goals as the Reggae Boyz controlled the tempo of the game against the pacy Antiguans.

The outstanding player was Jobi McAnuff who constantly troubled the Antigua and Barbuda team with his driving runs through midfield. He will again have to be at his best today to outmanoeuvre the Haitians.

Coach Winfried Shäefer was impressed with the hunger, drive and guts the Boyz showed on Friday night.

"All the players fight for this country; they give their all for the country and it's good to see that
we needed to win and we got it," he said.

"But it gets tougher now. Haiti are a good team, strong players, and they know also how to win games, so we have to be at our top to beat them," added Shäefer.

It was clear from the Reggae Boyz's opening match that Shäefer was uncomfortable, but with a good win now under his belt, the coach appeared at ease, citing the Boyz's good performance.

"We have a job to do and we want another good win to get there. They (Haiti) have good players, so it will take a special performance from us to get the result we want," Shäefer said.

McAnuff has been one of the bright lights for the Jamaicans and has been praised by Shäefer for being the "eyes of the team".

VITAL PLAYERS

Winger Joel Grant, wily dribbler Dane Richards and forward Mattocks have also been vital to the Boyz's push for a place in the final match on Tuesday.

Kervens Belfort who got a double in Haiti's 3-0 win over Martinique will again be a key player. Belfort scored in the 53rd and 90th minutes in a match which Haiti were always the dominant team. Many observers here feel the Haitians are the best team on show in the tournament and the Reggae Boyz must lift their game considerably to get into Tuesday's final.

Belfort has three goals so far to his credit, while midfielder Dukens Nazon and defender Jean Sony Alcenat have been equally authoritative in their previous matches.

Antigua and Barbuda and Martinique will meet in the opening match of the double-header at 5:30 p.m. Both are on a point and a big win could see one of the two edging out either Jamaica or Haiti for a top four spot.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
^^ Haitian coach and players probably have the same mindset. But you will expect any coach to say the same or something similar at this point in the competition.

Worry about our players mindset (especially our defenders) at this point in the tournament.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 12:04:30 PM »
Exactly the point- after listening to our coach in the post game, I wonder how it is that players ( especially two with club contracts) could not play with more drive and urgency?

BTW- we have a boss coach in Hart- TTFA ought to be doing everything possible to support this coach- then yuh know how Trini like " free thing"

Lawd we need a midfielder like the Dutch Robben- that player is a workhorse
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:07:23 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
Watching the JA vs Haiti game right now I will say to T&T players "Expect a very physical game from either team"

I remember the Jamaican commentator saying in the TT vs Cuba game the Jamaican teams in the past used to 'rough up'  the T&T players to take the Trinis off their game and this was a tactic they used.

The young T&T players must expect this type of battle and not be surprised with the physicality of the game.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 08:53:48 PM »
So Jamaica it is.  Should be a good final.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 09:01:18 PM »
T&T vs Jamaica!
The way it is suppose to be!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »
Jamaica 2 - 0 Haiti Full time;

Jamaica basically had this game wrapped up after scoring 2 goals in the 1st 20 minutes.
Jamaica played a very defensive 2nd half clearly with the intention of not conceding any goals in the 2nd half which worked tactically for them. The Jamaican goal keeper was the hero of the 2nd half when he saved a penalty just 5 minutes from the end of the game to stop Haiti from having any hope of getting back into the game to salvage a draw.

The Final on Tuesday between T&T and Jamaica should make for a good contest but I expect T&T to win that game if we play our "A" game so its Reggae vs Soca for the Caribbean Cup title this Tuesday with Kompa vs Rumba featuring Haiti vs Cuba in the 3rd place play-off game that precedes the final.
All 4 teams T&T, JA, Haiti and Cuba have also qualified for the Gold Cup tournament next year.

PS: T&T beat Jamaica last year around this time in Jamaica so if we bring our "A" game on Tuesday then I see no reason why we won't do it again and keep the annual tradition going.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:07:11 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 06:50:20 AM »
TNT has met formidable opponents in the past- Jamaica is no Argentina!!!!!

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 07:48:27 AM »
I dont know if yall notice but even if we lose we will be in the Copa America cuz Jamaica has already been invited as a Guest Team for that competition

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 07:49:35 AM »
The were invited in place of Japan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 07:54:22 AM »
sorry my bad its the 2015 edition they have been invited to

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 07:56:47 AM »
I was wondering the same - so it may be good thing that we are playing Jamaica in the final.

representative teams at both the 2015 Gold Cup and the 2015 Copa América simultaneously. Mexico and Jamaica were invited to the South American competition as guests by CONMEBOL.

source: wikkipedia

If Jamaica is already invited, does it mean we could still be given an opportunity to  be there as well in the unlikely event ...... I eh go say it but you know.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:58:48 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 07:59:16 AM »
... 2015 and 2016 ... separate events. We need to win.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43:23 AM »
I sincerely hope that team manager William Wallace will be furnished by our Ministry of Sports with both the coach's and players outstanding payments so he can deliver it to them tomorrow before the Caribbean Cup Final against Jamaica as this can be an extra incentive to our team to put in an "A" class performance and so win the 2014 Caribbean Cup.

And, in the period between the executive committee’s letter on October 22 and Tim Kee’s response, the “Soca Warriors” had been temporarily barred from their team camp at the Carlton Savannah hotel for non-payment. While the national players threatened to boycott the 2014 Caribbean Cup finals unless they received assurances regarding outstanding payments.

At present, the Warriors hope that outstanding money will be relayed to the squad via manager William Wallace on Tuesday November 18, which is the day of the Caribbean Cup final. The Trinidad and Tobago team, which faces host side Jamaica in the final, is bidding to lift the regional crown for the first time in 13 years.

If our team is not sorted before the game I believe this can have a negative impact on our performance in the Final and we don't want any negative issues bothering our team in the back of their minds before this crucial game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:46:27 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 08:50:09 AM »
TNT has met formidable opponents in the past- Jamaica is no Argentina!!!!!

I believe the Soca Warriors will win once we stay composed and stick to our game. Some of the players on the team are the same players who beat Jamaica last year in Jamaica so its just a matter of doing it again but this time with more caution and better execution because more is at stake. I am expecting Molino and Kenwyne to show why they are the best players on the field

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »
JA is very strong dong their left side...I wonderin if Corn Curls will have enuff to go both ways, switchin him and Hector might be helpful.

TT 3 - JA 1
He Is Highly

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 11:55:07 AM »
While spying on the 'other' forum I've realized that the Jamaican are preoccupied with stopping Molino and Jones!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »
Hope Gurera start,once they see him,I am positive they will remember he hurt thier feelings on the Jamacia leg of the home and away ,we played against them recently
Go Warriors
T@T 2. Ja 0

1]; } ?>