March 19, 2024, 01:57:34 AM

Author Topic: Runners up for a second straight time as T&T lose to Reggae Boyz.  (Read 4631 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Runners up for a second straight time as T&T lose to Reggae Boyz.
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 11:16:20 AM »
You mean  the Copa!!

under their own conditions via the pitch

Both teams played on the same pitch. There are bad pitches in TT you know. If it bad for TT, It bad for JA as well. but you are correct they had a very off game.

Anyone thinking the condition of the pitch benefited Jamaica in any way was absolutely wrong. These are professional players who play week in week out on manicured surfaces throughout Europe and north America... so the quality of the surface obviously would have impacted both teams, as opposed to just one. Just saying. 

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 11:23:09 AM »
Deeks but JA use to playing on that pitch the way it is and had time to utilize it for their own benefit.

Considering how physical the game was and the way the referee allowed play to flow, it was very dangerous for us as well as JA. I am not making excuses, we lost but not without having a fair share of odds stacked against us.

Jamaica used to playing on that pitch ? How so? You realize that the games weren't played at the national stadium in Kingston? Its not that the pitch is bad in itself... its that the organizers saw it necessary to schedule 12 games on the pitch in the space of seven days... two games everyday... not many pitches in the Caribbean could stand up to that sort of rigorous schedule.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »
Deeks but JA use to playing on that pitch the way it is and had time to utilize it for their own benefit.

Considering how physical the game was and the way the referee allowed play to flow, it was very dangerous for us as well as JA. I am not making excuses, we lost but not without having a fair share of odds stacked against us.

Jamaica used to playing on that pitch ? How so? You realize that the games weren't played at the national stadium in Kingston? Its not that the pitch is bad in itself... its that the organizers saw it necessary to schedule 12 games on the pitch in the space of seven days... two games everyday... not many pitches in the Caribbean could stand up to that sort of rigorous schedule.
Good points RF, I made the same points on another forum pointing out the state of the pitch which was most likely a factor towards the disappointing quality of football by both teams in the final.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 08:01:26 PM »
More than just his comments, but yes his comments included along with his threat of a boycott, when it appears the players never contemplated any such action, and "the way things played out in the end." I'll just leave that broad and ambiguous like that for now. But let me be clear, I am in no way advocating for him to be disciplined merely for taking a stand against the no pay/slow pay issue.

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know that the players didn't contemplate action. From the way he spoke so boldly you'd think he had the permission of the team to make such bold remarks.

Just wanted to understand.

Thanks
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »
More than just his comments, but yes his comments included along with his threat of a boycott, when it appears the players never contemplated any such action, and "the way things played out in the end." I'll just leave that broad and ambiguous like that for now. But let me be clear, I am in no way advocating for him to be disciplined merely for taking a stand against the no pay/slow pay issue.

What I got from this pre-game interview with Kenwyne was that he and the players considered the final game boycott to ensure that the coach is also paid what has been owing to him as he was at the point where he was considering leaving the job.

Kenwyne Jones - We will contest the Caribbean Cup Final
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rtEpp6Uo68Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rtEpp6Uo68Y</a>

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:58:25 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 10:55:50 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know that the players didn't contemplate action. From the way he spoke so boldly you'd think he had the permission of the team to make such bold remarks.

Just wanted to understand.

Thanks

This should further explain my comments, I didn't want to say anything at the time lest people accuse me of making things up, but since everything is in the open now:

Kenwyne was speaking on the behalf of Kenwyne, because everybody else saying that there was never any plans to boycott anything.  Not only that, while the FA had made arrangements to bring the checks to Jamaica, Brent Sancho apparently got involved by contacting the Minister of Sport directly, and the three of them decided to circumvent the FA and have the players go to the PM's office for yesterday's horse and pony show.  Mind you, it was the Ministry's responsibility and fault for the late payment in the first place.  Madness.

1]; } ?>