March 28, 2024, 05:04:41 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)  (Read 44837 times)

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2014, 03:49:21 AM »
BOYCOTT! Warriors blank CFU final over $10m wage dispute

T&T’s Soca Warriors last night decided to boycott tonight’s CFU Caribbean Football Cup final against Jamaica over the non-payment of salaries and arrears, amounting to an estimated $10 million, owed to them by the T&T Football Association (TTFA). Speaking to the T&T Guardian from Jamaica last night, skipper Kenwyn Jones said the decision may very well mean this will be the last time fans will see this team.

Read more here: http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2014-11-18/boycott-warriors-blank-cfu-final-over-10m-wage-dispute
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2014, 04:53:23 AM »
100% socawarriors no matter what!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2014, 05:36:33 AM »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2014, 06:06:59 AM »
BraveHart, Jones, the rest of the team and Lasana,
Very proud of all of you for standing up to the liars, manipulators, exploiters, protectors and enforcers of an evil system.
As much as I would love seeing the Warriors play, if it means playin' on 'ungry belly, I say definitely no game, no website, no World Cup ... nutten!! Let T&T be embarrassed in the eyes of the world for the purpose of justice.
Justice over wine, jam and babbash anyday.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2014, 06:31:00 AM »
TIMKee is making the rounds this morning and said Game on. This is the President speaking, after all he must know and as a future Minister of sports If PNM wins), he will not be doing his credibility any good if he is a stranger to the truth. Well, If he is to be called the Honorable minister he has to start practicing now. I can see Jack and Horner smiling this morning with DGuardian front page,
 What a thing

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2014, 06:49:57 AM »
Game on.

The manager is en route to Jamaica with the players money. The TTFA and the minister of Finance sat down last night along with the minister of sports to come up with a plan top expedite the process so the players and staff will get their arrears before today's games.

The minister/s came through to bail out the FA.

So I was told.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:19:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2014, 06:58:39 AM »
Is high time, the MOS mandates every sporting organization to recognize a players union.
Mandatory!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2014, 07:29:10 AM »
With all this extra developments going on, I really look forward to see how the team will play in the final

Offline Fensic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »
I watch that first 20 minutes of Jamaica versus Haiti and I say, 'yes the final orn'. It go be about so much more than just football. It go about every perceived slight Jamaicans think T&T do them. From unhappy Jamaican pilots flying for Caribbean Airlines, to the latest Jamaicans who get run back home from Piarco to dem who eh know nothing about T&T and surprised it does have murders in Triniland because Trinis supposed tuh spend their time plotting how to make Jamaicans' lives difficult. What yuh call dem wooden slats in granny windows again? Then of course you have the regular rivalry and push for bragging rights on anything we two countries touch. Yes what a final.

Then the foolishness of the TTFA and others raise it head. Dem people for real? How long did they expect players and staff would put up with the nonsense?

I say credit to the team for being able to bounce back and play tonight because I like all other fans in both Triniland and Jamaica want to see this dream final.

So, ah hope is only me who cyar believe de audacity of dem in misManagement.

Game orn.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:14 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/quAYT-56UQ4&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/quAYT-56UQ4&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
Is high time, the MOS mandates every sporting organization to recognize a players union.
Mandatory!

Football supporter, Sanch, Kelvin, Shaka, Wolfe & crew. Like they want you to respond and put een a li'l 2 cents ....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2014, 10:22:18 AM »
Completely support the timing of this strike.

History has shown that when ppl just walk away, it's business as usual with the TTFF. Had these fellas all quite before the tournament, a second String team would have been sent. And we might have spent a year or more like this.

Now the TTFA says the money was being arranged by the MOS and that's why the manager stayed back. Well guess what, the money was STILL late and they say FACK dat, no football. And they damn right. Is years now ppl waiting for they money. Nobody can say these fella selfish or are mercenaries.

Look at Anton, he walk away ages now, where he money? I guess it coming now. Unless the dollars is only for the ppl playing in J'ca.

Well done Warriors!!! :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:27 AM »
Completely support the timing of this strike.

History has shown that when ppl just walk away, it's business as usual with the TTFF. Had these fellas all quite before the tournament, a second String team would have been sent. And we might have spent a year or more like this.

Now the TTFA says the money was being arranged by the MOS and that's why the manager stayed back. Well guess what, the money was STILL late and they say FACK dat, no football. And they damn right. Is years now ppl waiting for they money. Nobody can say these fella selfish or are mercenaries.

Look at Anton, he walk away ages now, where he money? I guess it coming now. Unless the dollars is only for the ppl playing in J'ca.

Well done Warriors!!! :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Borse insights.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2014, 11:51:30 AM »
Wonder if the manager fly first class to jamaica and paid for it with TTFA funds? lol!!!!

sad but probably true
hadda laugh

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2014, 12:30:46 PM »
Molino should dye his hair back to black because Jkan defenders will see him easy.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2014, 12:40:07 PM »
MY 2 CENTS:
1) MoS (PP) vs TTFA (PNM). Any person that's running these associations should NEVER be politically affiliated. Why should the success and investment of sportsmen/women depend on who's in power?

2) I struggle to comprehend how the guys will play any sort of football tonight to get a win and I do hope Stephen Hart stays on after this...if his wages are guaranteed but I seriously doubt it

3) Even if Tim Kee goes now, the football will become more stagnant while everyone points fingers and ultimately find a solution. Things will get drastically worse before they get better because there'll be no constitution and no one at the helm in a hurry to lead.

3) If Kelvin Jack does throw his hat in the ring and eventually becomes President, I really do hope he succeeds but I do believe the job is tougher than he and we the supporters make it out to be.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2014, 12:49:02 PM »
Molino should dye his hair back to black because Jkan defenders will see him easy.

lol..

Odds are currently  in Jamaica favour. Thing to remember .. Jamaica  has played their best squad for all the games of the tournament. Trinbago has had a heavy  rotation. Every player except Foncette  has seen some playing time. This will be the first time our strongest squad has played for the tournament. I hope we pull it off.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
This game is becoming very political and cultural. The yardies on the observer  and the TRB site are using the soured relationship  between the two countries  as fuel to contest the final. They even accusing  the soca warriors of trying to destroy the cfu final by calling the boycott . I luv the competitive nature of the yardies. We will see what happens at 8 pm (that is Toronto time) 9 ECT.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:11 PM »
Back to supporting the team...Come on boys, bring home the trophy and Copa America invite!
Hart for president

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »
not trying to invoke negative energy into the sphere of things but how are the players suppose to concentrate with all this bachannal going on? im afraid to say it but this certainly doesn't augur well for the team and our objective of winning this tournament. IMO this is a bad omen that could only bring harm.  it just don't look good at all, so sad.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »
Ok ppl on a lighter note i had a dream bout we team , but  ah eh tipping meh hand for dem yardies to snoop  until closer to de game ...... a certain  trini player is gonna have ah  big impact on de game later and  is not the one who  most maybe thinking about  . ah go  give meh 2 cents / frig it meh  100 dollar worth later..... but ja is going to have to deal wid a different team later  .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2014, 01:46:22 PM »
not trying to invoke negative energy into the sphere of things but how are the players suppose to concentrate with all this bachannal going on? im afraid to say it but this certainly doesn't augur well for the team and our objective of winning this tournament. IMO this is a bad omen that could only bring harm.  it just don't look good at all, so sad.

Dude, if you believe in bad omen, then you will falter. They will do well. Trust me.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2014, 01:54:40 PM »
deeks not to be a spoil sport but im the consummate optimist who is always valiant in the face of adversity but look how many things we have going against us ATM, we are away to a hostile crowd, we are up against one of the best teams in concacaf who mind you, has a very solid defense, our defenders have serious trouble concentrating for 90 mins, and now his obvious distraction. now how in the world could i not be concerned, it would be silly of me not to.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2014, 02:00:16 PM »
 :rotfl: Deeks yuh is a real trip oui ...   i mention dream....... yuh come with bad omen  ........ wtf yuh alright  king? lol this is game vibes

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2014, 02:12:30 PM »
socalion, he was referring to me im afraid. i was the one who mentioned bad omen.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
Oh my badd  pullstones  but he should still lighten up ....... aye deeks  take it easy breds .... this is  game day vibes  going on here ...  ah cyar wait for later ...... ah eh lying  ah know dem yardies  want dis ting  bad bad bad , it go real eat dem  if dey doh win..!!!  ah know dey coming to run hard like ah bully  , dey go come wid dey nasty tactics  too   watch .....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »
Quality play needed from Soca Warriors
By Alvin Corneal (T&T Guardian)

The feeling of playing in a final sporting event could hardly ever be described in just a few words, regardless of what sport it is and where it is played.

The grandiose plans to play in tonight’s final against the host Jamaica, should have started just before going to bed last night for the players. The claim of nervousness which so many players tend to feel is literally par for the course by all athletes on the day of a final.

A good night’s rest is even more satisfying if the players are well versed as to the duties to be fulfilled on the field. Follow-up with a hearty breakfast and a morning walk but factors should lead towards the preparation of mental commitment to the event ahead.

I have great belief in players ensuring that the type of studs on the boot are adequate to play in any type of weather.

Having witnessed matches played by both finalists, the picture as to how the game will go, is dependent upon an honest analyst of each player, each game,  and most importantly, strategy to combat the strengths of the opponent.

The Soca Warriors may not have provided the solid organizational formula, but this is sometimes clouded by the brilliance of certain members of this talented team.

Because they have conceded four goals in three matches should indicate that the high priority should be the defensive ploy.

At no time in this tournament did we have a well-coordinated back four line, hence the reason for the soft goals being scored. This is why I believe that the main player in that line should be Daneil Cyrus, for his ability to win the ball in the air or on the ground. He also possesses the speed necessary to reduce the effectiveness of Dane Richards, a feature which the Jamaicans have been banking heavily upon in the previous matches.

The need for solid and aggressive wing defence should make Aubrey David and Joevin Jones committed to these positions, with the emphasis upon defence, rather than making those attacking runs as their preferences.

Khaleem Hyland is the challenging defender located in front of the two central defenders, primarily as a ball winner and a multi task function of moving into attack when the occasion arises.

I would rather see Carlyle Mitchell alongside Cyrus in order to make our defence the most formidable.

We possess in midfield the stability of players whose ability to be part of the cohesive midfield possession game, where control of the game will be achieved.

I expect that Kevin Molino, Lester Peltier, Ataulla Guerra and Hughtun Hector have shown that they are quite capable of forming the “engine” room.

Our skipper Kenwyne Jones has done well enough to be a factor in front, especially when the byline ball will be the catalyst to producing our goals.

Jamaica looked good for 30 minutes of the game against Haiti and rewarded themselves with two goals.

But I see great vulnerability in their defence line, which one expects that the speed and skill of both Peltier and Molino will capitalize.

This game can provide the proof of the outstanding ability of Guerra whose all-round mastery of skill, speed and creativity can be the vehicle of success for the Warriors.

Finally, our main intention of our defenders must be to avoid giving away freekicks in and around the penalty area, neither must they fail to challenge positively for aerial crosses.

Respect for the Jamaicans could be shown, but confidence in ourselves should be reflected in our play.

The Jamaicans may be remembering the final 40 minutes of their encounter against Haiti where they defended for dare life and could easily have succumbed to the Haitian pressure.

The Warriors must remind them of that discomfort as early as the first ten minutes with the expectancy of getting an early goal.

We must fight to retain our dominance in Caribbean football.

Incidentally, for the records, let it be known that T&T won the CFU tournament in the year 1981 when the finals were played in Puerto Rico and the finalists were St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Guadeloupe, T&T and the host country.

T&T lost their away game to Jamaica 2-0 and returned home to beat the reggae boyz 4-0.  They went on to defeat Barbados at home and abroad, draw with Suriname in Paramaribo and beat them at Skinner Park 4-2 to reach the finals in Puerto Rico.

It is yours for the taking, Warriors, and you can make us all proud.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »
Was d real time ah d game? dah 8pm time is in JA?  Somebody gih meh d real deal leh meh plan out meh styling for d night

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
somebody say bad oman?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
I want to see a team effort but all the T&T players we rate as stars should show up tonight and show why dem stars. Molino, Hyland and Kenwyne should know they have to make an impact in this game
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:56:28 PM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>