April 20, 2024, 01:47:34 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)  (Read 45242 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2014, 06:12:35 PM »
I'll trade you our two upcoming Copa America Appearances for a chance at the Women's World Cup. Any takers? :)

Fun and jokes aside, I can't say I am surprised at the result in the game last night.  The Jamaicans were superior in the fitness department... even given that the core of the T&T team was heavily rotated throughout the tournament.  I believe also that facing Curacao and to a lesser extend French Guiana in the early rounds somewhat didn't provide a stiff challenge to your guys... in the same way facing Martinique and Haiti did for Jamaica... both Martinique and Haiti I believe are better than Cuba who , prior to Jamaica, was your stiffest opponent all tournament.

Nothing to brag about re Jamaica performance... the squad is weak in many areas, and has potential in others, but lots of football to be played in the coming two years and overall much room for improvement.

Same goes for T&T.

Cuba, Haiti, T&T, Jamaica ... traditionally the better teams in the region came to the fore in the tournament and will represent the region at the Gold cup.
you mean the same french guiana and cuba who whiped and kicked you out of the last gold cup in antigua? oh i see easily we forget.

Fast forward to 2014 please sir :)
in that case french guina was a batter team than last year only because they had 9 french internationals in their ranks as opposed to 4 last time around so it's even more relevant. by the way you're carrying on anyone would swear that jamaica drobbed us well and proper. please..... you guys played with four defenders glued to the 18 yard box and on your own home field, and if we had a proper referee you would have been down to 9 players come full time that's because you fouled the dickens out of hector molino and jones combined while mattocks and mc annuf had loads of room on the ball yet you couldn't get it done from open play. man stop your noise you were just as crappy as us, but there will be other times like the gold cup. lets see what you've got outside of your home field advantage.

by the way what was that mess of a cow pasture that you call a stadium? i saw a ball ran away from jones in thee middle of the field on the edge of that huge ring worm mark, what the hell was that? it was the worst field i've ever seen and believe me i've seen some horrible pitches but this one takes the cake. maybe you could take that 100,000 and fix that disaster of a field.

I don't believe anyone will disagree with you on the state of the field...  considering that over a dozen games were played on the same surface in the past week... its hardly a surprise.
don't come with that, the field was in that condition from game one especially with the ring worm mark in the meddle of the pitch and it was an appalling distraction which the players avoided. excuses excuses.
alright boss, I agree, surface was horrible.  We on the same page.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »
I'll trade you our two upcoming Copa America Appearances for a chance at the Women's World Cup. Any takers? :)

Fun and jokes aside, I can't say I am surprised at the result in the game last night.  The Jamaicans were superior in the fitness department... even given that the core of the T&T team was heavily rotated throughout the tournament.  I believe also that facing Curacao and to a lesser extend French Guiana in the early rounds somewhat didn't provide a stiff challenge to your guys... in the same way facing Martinique and Haiti did for Jamaica... both Martinique and Haiti I believe are better than Cuba who , prior to Jamaica, was your stiffest opponent all tournament.

Nothing to brag about re Jamaica performance... the squad is weak in many areas, and has potential in others, but lots of football to be played in the coming two years and overall much room for improvement.

Same goes for T&T.

Cuba, Haiti, T&T, Jamaica ... traditionally the better teams in the region came to the fore in the tournament and will represent the region at the Gold cup.
you mean the same french guiana and cuba who whiped and kicked you out of the last gold cup in antigua? oh i see easily we forget.

Fast forward to 2014 please sir :)
in that case french guina was a batter team than last year only because they had 9 french internationals in their ranks as opposed to 4 last time around so it's even more relevant. by the way you're carrying on anyone would swear that jamaica drobbed us well and proper. please..... you guys played with four defenders glued to the 18 yard box and on your own home field, and if we had a proper referee you would have been down to 9 players come full time that's because you fouled the dickens out of hector molino and jones combined while mattocks and mc annuf had loads of room on the ball yet you couldn't get it done from open play. man stop your noise you were just as crappy as us, but there will be other times like the gold cup. lets see what you've got outside of your home field advantage.

by the way what was that mess of a cow pasture that you call a stadium? i saw a ball ran away from jones in thee middle of the field on the edge of that huge ring worm mark, what the hell was that? it was the worst field i've ever seen and believe me i've seen some horrible pitches but this one takes the cake. maybe you could take that 100,000 and fix that disaster of a field.

I don't believe anyone will disagree with you on the state of the field...  considering that over a dozen games were played on the same surface in the past week... its hardly a surprise.
don't come with that, the field was in that condition from game one especially with the ring worm mark in the meddle of the pitch and it was an appalling distraction which the players avoided. excuses excuses.
alright boss, I agree, surface was horrible.  We on the same page.
don't look at me, i wasn't the one arguing.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2014, 07:42:41 PM »
remembering Just Cool   :devil:

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »
I only watched the second half and extra time and i have to say the better team won. We did have 2 of the best chances with Cyrus & Guerra late in the 2nd half but i really think Jamaica was in control. I feel like we are suffering from a similar problem as Brazil albeit with obviously inferior players. There was alot of talk of Molino being the next Latapy and i just dont see it. Not because Molino is a bad player but because they are different players. Molino has become a supporting striker like a Neymar which he is good at. But he is not a true playmaker. Hart actually said this earlier. He said Molino is a good modern striker. The biggest thing to me is we lack a quality transition MF to bring the ball from the back 4 to the front 4.  Hyland used to do this but i guess like lack of playing time has effected him alot. I watched him in a Europa League game vs stuttgard 2 years ago and he was excellent at this. Taking the ball from the back 4 and spraying passes around which started the attack. I think our CMFs really lack technical ability. Boucard, George work hard but are limited. Maybe they can convince DeLeon to join the squad because he played there with DC at times this season and did ok there. But i still feel like there were positives in this tournament and the most important thing is to make sure Hart continues as the coach.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »
Coach Hart, Eve share mixed feelings

By JONATHAN RAMNANANSINGH Thursday, November 20 2014

STEPHEN HART, coach of the Trinidad and Tobago “Soca Warriors”, shared mixed feelings after his team’s 4-3 penalty-kick Caribbean Cup Finals loss at the hands of a visibly better Jamaican outfit when the competition climaxed at the Montego Bay Sports Club, Jamaica, on Tuesday night.

The unsettling result saw the squad, captained by Kenwyne Jones, miss out on a golden opportunity to secure a place in the 2016 Copa Continental Cup (Copa America) which will now feature the regional presence of the Jamaicans going up against some of South America’s top-flight teams. This was the second consecutive runner-up finish for TT after losing 1-0 to Cuba in the 2012 final.

Though daunted by Tuesday’s night’s loss, Hart still congratulated his players on their achievements and anticipates a bright future for national football.

After the match, there was disappointment all around the TT dressing room and at the team hotel. However, Hart sat down with his prospects and insisted that they must take the experience with them and use it to their benefit going forward.

“It was not the result any of us wanted but as a team and as the coach of the team I thought the overall match was a good measuring stick for us and a good one for us as it relates to our preparations for playing World Cup qualifying matches away from home in a few months,” Hart said.

The former Canadian coach revealed that he was proud of the way the players handled the conditions throughout the competition. He admitted that the TT team may have not been as impressive as compared to previous matches but still hailed the Jamaicans for their better display in the same breath.

“Maybe the fans back home deserved to see a better game but this was a final against the hosts and Jamaica being a team with an impressive home record, it was never going to be an easy contest. And the game showed us that. There were some good moments for us and particularly near the end when we could have stolen it with a late winner. This is exactly what we are going to face when we are on the road for our World Cup qualifiers,” Hart added. As he looked back at the game, Hart stressed the need for more international games for the country. Another factor highlighted by seasoned coach was that the Soca Warriors had a heavy schedule of four games in eight days which may have suppressed their energies going into Tuesday’s final.

“We just didn’t get our rhythm going and most of the times we lacked that final telling ball that could have created more scoring chances for us. I’m not making any excuses but the schedule of four games in eight days didn’t help us and yes Jamaica showed more energy than us at times but they were at home and several of their players are playing ninety minutes of top flight football every week, Some of our players are not getting that at the moment and it’s something we will look at and work on,” he added.

“And of course we have to get a regular schedule of training camps and warm up matches if we are to find ourselves in a position where we can safely maintain a high level or consistent level of play for long periods,” Hart said.

Delivering a similar opinion yesterday was former national captain Angus Eve, who was an analyst during the live broadcasts of the latter matches for the Jamaican sports channel Sportsmax for the final. Eve credited the TT’s defensive strategy but indicated that the team lacked the final touch to find the back of the net.

“Credit to Hart and the team for the work leading up to the final,” said Eve yesterday. “Personally, I think we didn’t use the wings as much and Jamaica made sure to take advantage of that. They were all over the midfield and kept command. When it comes down to penalty kicks, it’s a king of lottery sometimes and the Jamaicans showed that they were better on the day.”

Both TT and Jamaica are through to the Concacaf F Gold Cup 2015. Jamaica however, will be present at the 2015 Copa America (by invitation) and the 2016 Centennial Copa America.

TT can still qualify for the 2015 Copa America but will have to do so by finishing among the two play-off winners among the four highest finishers in the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup not already qualified, or finish winners of the 2015 Gold Cup.

“We’ve made progress. I’m proud of my team. We’ve got work to do but we’re in the Gold Cup so all is not lost. We have some internal problems to be fixed and we’ve got programs to plan and implement. We’ll be fine because we’ve got a capable, committed squad and we also have some players to add who were not in this tournament,” Hart ended.

Source:
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,203186.html

1]; } ?>