March 29, 2024, 07:36:03 AM

Author Topic: Did you know that Alvin Corneal played for many national teams.  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Did you know that Alvin Corneal played for many national teams.
« on: January 25, 2017, 03:54:19 PM »
Did you know that Alvin Corneal played football for many national teams.

Alvin told SWO: "I have actually played 119 matches and scored 69 goals. However many of these matches were players before independence when the country was colonial. Between 1955 and 1962 I had played 38 matches, many of which were english 1st division clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves, Coventry, French national team playing under Air France, Barbados, Haiti twice, Suriname twice before independence. 3 Brasilians clubs and On the first ever West indies Team in 1959, we played 17 match against many first and second division teams between Aug.6th to November 9th 1959. I have only represented T&T, Barbados and the West Indies in football.

i have coached Grenada, St. Vincent, St, Kitts, Anguilla, US Virgin Islands, T&T and the West Indies team which toured Mexico for a six game friendly, One match against Iraq in Grenada. "
Alvin said: I have only represented T&T, Barbados and the West Indies in football. i have coached Grenada, St. Vincent, St, Kitts, Anguilla, US Virgin Islands, T&T and the West Indies team which toured Mexico for a six game friendly, One match against Iraq in Grenada.

My answer related to matches which I represented Trinidad and Tobago and the WI team (which were also considered international matches, seeing that we were not yet Independent). My matches in the Barbados team were also Internationals.

Let me point out that the players who wore the TT red shirts after 1962 Independence, are the ones who had each match recorded as a National caps and I commend them all for their contribution to our Football."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:38:19 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>