April 27, 2024, 10:26:51 AM

Author Topic: Sancho: Make sure this doesn’t happen again.  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sancho: Make sure this doesn’t happen again.
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:40:02 AM »
Sancho: Make sure this doesn’t happen again.
T&T Express Reports.

Former Soca Warrior Brent Sancho is hoping that episodes like the near boycott of the Caribbean Cup final by the senior men’s football team earlier this week become things of the past.

Sancho, one of 13 players who won a judgment against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association for millions of dollars in outstanding fees from the 2006 World Cup, was a key figure in facilitating the settlement of the $10 million debt to the current squad so that Kenwyne Jones and his team could take the field for the Caribbean Cup final against Jamaica on Tuesday.

Both Jones and Minister of Sport Dr Rupert Griffith acknowledged Sancho’s role in mediating an agreement.
“When I saw the report in the newspapers I spoke to (Mr Adrian) Raymond (Acting CEO of the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago).

It would have been a travesty for (such) a situation like that to arise,” he told the Express on Thursday where he witnessed the handing out of cheques to players and technical staff by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Dr Griffith.

Sancho added: “I understood the cabinet note was approved a long time, and being a very good friend to the captain Kenwyne, after a conversation with Mr Raymond, decided to give Kenwyne a call and come to some sort of agreement. I tried to bring the both sides together to make sure we averted any further embarrassment.”

Sancho, who had been kept abreast of the situation over the last year by the Cardiff City striker, said further that, “I am a huge fan of the game and a huge fan of these players so I was just happy to assist.”

Sancho sympathised with Jones and company, describing the situation of being owed huge sums of money and going unpaid for months on end as “difficult” and “ a burden”.

“As captain, you know players are coming at you and asking what is the situation and he (Jones) reached a point where it was a bit too much. We spoke about that and what would make it possible for them to play that night and after a couple of phone calls back and forth we tried to make these players happy so they could play at their optimal best and that was what I was trying to do,” Sancho said.

Sancho also said the situation of the players being endlessly owed money by the TTFA needed to be rectified.

“We need to carefully look at how we do things to make sure this does not happen again,” he said.

Sancho also added that the 13 2006 World Cup players , who received their gifts from the Government earlier this year, are still pursuing legal action in an effort to recover funds that have not been accounted for during the 2005 World Cup qualifying campaign.

“We are hoping that the current administration in football joins us in this quest because I think when you look at these situations, the sums of money that are missing, you think this would not happen if we were to go after the funds.

So we hope they realise the importance of doing this and then if they don’t, then we would have to find other means and ways of doing it, but it is something that we are going to pursue.” he concluded.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho: Make sure this doesn’t happen again.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »
You the man. On the ball. No pun intended.
Keep it up Sanch. People watching, as you know some with soul-destroying hate,
... but don't worry, those that really matter, with admiration.
Very proud of you .. even Coop's up dey saying .. "Wow, what a fellah"
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 05:25:36 PM »
Sorry, I didn't read all the stories, but what exactly did Sancho negotiate ? I mean, what agreement ? The government decision to pay all of TTFA debits ? Sancho negotiated on players and TTFA behalf or Goverment? Or neither, cause he is neither. So government never had no intention of "helping" TTFA, till Fernando showed up..an negotiated, a few dollars more ? Clear it up for me please, can't read back so many weeks
Both Jones and Minister of Sport Dr Rupert Griffith acknowledged Sancho’s role in mediating an agreement.
“When I saw the report in the newspapers I spoke to (Mr Adrian) Raymond (Acting CEO of the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago).

It would have been a travesty for (such) a situation like that to arise,” he told the Express on Thursday where he witnessed the handing out of cheques to players and technical staff by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Dr Griffith.

Sancho added: “I understood the cabinet note was approved a long time, and being a very good friend to the captain Kenwyne, after a conversation with Mr Raymond, decided to give Kenwyne a call and come to some sort of agreement. I tried to bring the both sides together to make sure we averted any further embarrassment.”

Was there some kinda disagreement (lack of consensus or approval)..a contention, division...about what ? that Sanch was able to smooth over..Government say pay, the man printing the cheques did say no ? and barricade heself, and Sanch step I and negotiate..what ?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:48:46 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 06:05:07 PM »
 :frustrated:I see in another thread, he advised KJ & Mr Griffth..as to what ? really..so was this an issue between players and Government ? TTFA was not involved  in negotiations..or intentionally left out , to make things run smoother ? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but if wasn't for Sanch, players & staff, wouldn't have been paid, or played ? what ? or more pertinent..how ? How can u have negotiations about football minus TTFA...anyway I dun ask questions...but if I'm to guess..looking like campaign tactics to ah ole fella like me..but I guess wrong all the time
Everything in TT seem to have some rigmarole.. things just can't be done A,B, C...is all kinda words & games have to come in between/... A, B, Skull,C. Shitup, D, E, Picong..F:u, G, mamaguay, H....

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:12:52 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »
Cabinet approved the money long time, so what caused the hold up to distribute the money to the players on time. This does not make sense. I see TTFA get blows for not getting the money on time to the players. What was the TTFA supposed to do?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
MaxG, I think there was an element of distrust between the players and TTFA/ MoS. TTFA and MoS had reached their agreement to pay everyone. Reading between the lines, it seems that TTFA thought they could get the cheques to JA overnight, but Govt had other ideas and wanted a nice photo op back in T&T. I believe that Sancho just spoke to both MoS and Kenwyne (and possibly Hart as well) and basically guaranteed to the players that they would get paid upon their return to T&T.
Sancho obtained a verbal guarantee from Griffith and on the strength of that promised Kenwyne that everyone would get paid.
TTFA didn't do anything untoward, they were just outmaneuvered by Griffith to get the publicity. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 07:11:34 PM »
So FS, everyone know the gov't pulling strings because they paying all the money. So why is TTFA being blamed. Griffith and the MoS real f up the situation. Why the MoS did not fly up and bring the cheques to the guys. they caused the bad karma for the friggin final.JONES CUSSING OUT TIM Kee WHEN THE SAD sack BRIGADIER PLAY PULL STONES WITH THE MONEY WHEN WE HAVE A CRUCIAL FINAL TO PLAY. I friggin glad we loss.karma is not a bitch. it is spiteful.

I am not letting off TTFA of their responsibility. they have to find some money somewhere other than the gov't. They will continue getting blows from all sides.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:13:37 PM by Deeks »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
So FS, everyone know the gov't pulling strings because they paying all the money. So why is TTFA being blamed. Griffith and the MoS real f up the situation. Why the MoS did not fly up and bring the cheques to the guys. they caused the bad karma for the friggin final.JONES CUSSING OUT TIM Kee WHEN THE SAD sack BRIGADIER PLAY PULL STONES WITH THE MONEY WHEN WE HAVE A CRUCIAL FINAL TO PLAY. I friggin glad we loss.karma is not a bitch. it is spiteful.

I am not letting off TTFA of their responsibility. they have to find some money somewhere other than the gov't. They will continue getting blows from all sides.

As mentioned elsewhere...it's simple politics. Rowley had a pop at MoS so now gov't making political mileage from helping out TTFA. And it will get worse closer to the election. Tim-Kee is PNM, so there's no way the gov't will allow TTFA to get any mileage if they can control the spin. The point was, amidst all of this political dotishness, the players were hearing different things from different people. Sancho was a voice they could trust. Nothing more complicated (or sinister) than that.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 07:30:25 PM »
FS, I hope you seeing about your team. Just remember the govt that giveth will also be the govt that taketh. If Central started to get govt money, I expect to see you and Sancho campaigning for the rising sun next year. One hand doh clap.

But for more pleasant things. How is Central shaping up for their Concacaf debut? I hope you all have a deep squad?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:40:35 PM by Deeks »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 09:31:58 PM »
FS, I hope you seeing about your team. Just remember the govt that giveth will also be the govt that taketh. If Central started to get govt money, I expect to see you and Sancho campaigning for the rising sun next year. One hand doh clap.

But for more pleasant things. How is Central shaping up for their Concacaf debut? I hope you all have a deep squad?

It's very difficult staying out of politics. We are very aware that there could be a change in government next year, so it's important to stay neutral. However, if we want to help bring about change in football in T&T, you have to work with MoS and SPORTT.

Sadly, we haven't reached CONCACAF yet...it's the CFU Caribbean Club Championship first! Instead of the usual January rebuilding for the rest of the season, we will be recruiting in the hope that we will be playing in the CONCACAF Champions League in August. This isn't arrogance or over confidence, just forward planning. If we do qualify, we would only have 6 weeks to bed any new summer signings into the squad. The upside is that we should be strong enough to challenge for the CFU CCC and the Pro League title. We should be seeing half a dozen overseas players arrive for trials in next couple of weeks. As much as we would prefer all T&T players, there simply aren't enough to go around. Plus, recruiting youngsters is proving disastrous as we have lost two starting players to school football. Very frustrating!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 10:01:36 PM »
I forgot the road to Concacaf is indeed the CFU. Kind of sad you have to recruit foreign players, but you do what you have to do.  Good luck!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »
I forgot the road to Concacaf is indeed the CFU. Kind of sad you have to recruit foreign players, but you do what you have to do.  Good luck!

I'm very disappointed. It would have been great to win the CCC with 100% Trini team! But it will still be mostly Trinis, so I guess that's a start. Fingers crossed for a good draw!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »
MaxG, I think there was an element of distrust between the players and TTFA/ MoS. TTFA and MoS had reached their agreement to pay everyone. Reading between the lines, it seems that TTFA thought they could get the cheques to JA overnight, but Govt had other ideas and wanted a nice photo op back in T&T. I believe that Sancho just spoke to both MoS and Kenwyne (and possibly Hart as well) and basically guaranteed to the players that they would get paid upon their return to T&T.
Sancho obtained a verbal guarantee from Griffith and on the strength of that promised Kenwyne that everyone would get paid.
TTFA didn't do anything untoward, they were just outmaneuvered by Griffith to get the publicity. 
thanks FS, yet I don't see the hero saving commendation for Sanch friendly intervention. Thank God, Government didn't renege/delay further, cause all now everybody vex with Central too. 
Sanch may not have interest in political runnings associated with the footballs, however, Jack (Kenwyne & Sanch colleague) has expressed such interest.Not to far fetched for everybody to help they friendiz out. So we campaign for Sanch halo, and he pass to his rep.Anyway, alls well that end well. A simple quiet thanks on the phone WOULD have been fine..Instead, saviour story and agreement negotiation..ok, to do something that was supposed to happen long time, and agree, sans TTFA , the ppl who on behalf yuh helping..and it's all ok..
If for some reason, whether I vex with the bank or just broke, I doh pay my mortgage, I make an agreement with the highest boss at my work, to help me bring things up to date, he say hmmm ok, I doing it for You, but u have to wuk yuh tail off here for a few years, I say cool...but my manager, not happy with that-for whatever reason(my head, or my ddevotion), so he taking awhile to approve my last paycheque..I panicking and talk to meh brethren who use to work by we, and mentor me there..he call the manager and say let it go, and he tell me he go straighten it out..Nobody ent tell the bank bout no Delay or negotiation or arrangement..Then everybody cussing the bank for putting me out, and saying them hard case..cause all the while this going on, nobody tell dem nothing about nothing..Good Business ? The bank painted as bad boys, and must just take things cool..doh wuk so at all, almost unethical to leave any party out.

Not a parallel analogy, however.. why we couldn't have all parties involved in this case. Why KJ had to lash TTFA so ? Why allyuh didn't lash Jack and Anil, when he was giving everybody else money and Central catching hell but managing to thread water, knowing dem is/was in all kinda skull, rip, and party..nobody ent do shit..but now ppl ent trusting Tim Kee (PNM treasurer), cause of different political party ? Like that make him a Alien to the plight of every TT citizen, that Sanch has a more dependable trust, that the mayor of the Capital city of TT, cause that man have a proven history of thiefing, lying and ripping off.. Anybody brave to get involved is all I could conclude.. Good Luck to the new Jack if he get thru..no matter how good he is, some blasted other game will surely play..
Interesting theme if it goes that way, Welcome, to The New Jack City  ...just a joke, eh  :devil:

add: what is to be, will be..is the tribal thing I have issues with..we is better political warriors it seems
is almost like I old school , thinking, together we aspire, together we achieve...like we should add depending on yuh political inclination
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:54:19 AM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »
Unfortunately Maxg, all this could have been settled by the MoS giving the cheques before they go to JA. But like FS reminded that Rowley challenged the gov't to find the money for the Warriors. So Griffith jumped in to give Tim Kee a lesson. While we in power no damn dogs bark. Bad Karma, Breds. Also the notion of Every Creed and Race,etc, etc has been sailing on choppy waters for the longest while. If we as a nation really believe in that phrase, we will compromise with one another. i don't see that happening, Breds. Blessings from the most High.

1]; } ?>