March 28, 2024, 05:50:45 PM

Author Topic: Coach stephen hart and Captain kenwyne jones Expresses concerns  (Read 7314 times)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Coach stephen hart and Captain kenwyne jones Expresses concerns
« on: November 20, 2014, 09:48:23 PM »
Uncertainty lies ahead , this is according to an express article i've read moments ago , a december decison is being considered by our  national coach stephen hart as it pertains to his future going forward with the national team  and football...Sadly this is what it has come to !! Let me take this opportunity for all the parties involved to sit  and make every effort to ensure that Mr Stephen Hart remains in his capacity as Coach of men's  national  team , should we let this  honourable man leave  our  football programme i say again as i have previously stated it will a damn shame.. !!      Also  all who chose to allow careless  whisper to spew from their mouth, pls read what skipper kenwyne jones had to say in an another article as well !!.... I have nothing to more to add  on that for now..!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coach stephen hart and Captain kenwyne jones Expresses concerns
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 09:56:06 PM »
Hart has now been paid thru next summer, what was the gist of his concerns?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 12:19:03 AM »
It is only Coach Hart can convince Coach Hart to remain as Coach. Its seems as if the TTFF is pleased with the job he has done and wants him to remain as Coach. So the decision remains with him

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 02:46:06 AM »
Jones: New blood needed in TTFA
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s team captain Kenwyne Jones is calling for new blood and thinking in the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) executive.

Jones, who voiced the threat of a boycott by the Soca Warriors ahead of the Caribbean Cup final against Jamaica Tuesday, said: “I think it is a period when we are going into the 21st century where the way that football is being administered in Trinidad and Tobago, I think we need some fresh minds in the Federation (TTFA) and I make no apologies for that.”

Without identifying names or persons suitable for the job, Jones added : “I think we have some recently retired people over the last five, six, seven, eight , nine, ten years that know how football is run today, and I think it would be good for them to come in and have a go at taking football to the next step.”

Jones admitted the nearly $10 million settlement provided some relief to the players, staff and coaches but said the situation of problems becoming crises on the eve of important games and tournaments was untenable.

“It’s something that everyone has to think about. At the end of the day we love to represent the country but at the same time as sportsmen, it is a job that you do and it is important you get paid for it,” he said.

“I genuinely don’t want to be involved in situations like this. I just want to concentrate on football and doing the best that I can but this situation has been so daunting that I had to be directly involved. It is a heavy load.,” Jones said.

Jones saw a need for the players association to be re-activated to look after the interests of the footballers representing the country at all levels.

”By and large, it needs to happen because as players, we don’t want to be involved in negotiating or battling the administration bodies. It gives us too much to deal with,” Jones said before concluding, “hopefully the players association can be formed and run properly and we can move forward from there.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 02:42:04 PM »
Jones: New blood needed in TTFA
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s team captain Kenwyne Jones is calling for new blood and thinking in the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) executive.

Jones, who voiced the threat of a boycott by the Soca Warriors ahead of the Caribbean Cup final against Jamaica Tuesday, said: “I think it is a period when we are going into the 21st century where the way that football is being administered in Trinidad and Tobago, I think we need some fresh minds in the Federation (TTFA) and I make no apologies for that.”

Without identifying names or persons suitable for the job, Jones added : “I think we have some recently retired people over the last five, six, seven, eight , nine, ten years that know how football is run today, and I think it would be good for them to come in and have a go at taking football to the next step.”

Jones admitted the nearly $10 million settlement provided some relief to the players, staff and coaches but said the situation of problems becoming crises on the eve of important games and tournaments was untenable.

“It’s something that everyone has to think about. At the end of the day we love to represent the country but at the same time as sportsmen, it is a job that you do and it is important you get paid for it,” he said.

“I genuinely don’t want to be involved in situations like this. I just want to concentrate on football and doing the best that I can but this situation has been so daunting that I had to be directly involved. It is a heavy load.,” Jones said.

Jones saw a need for the players association to be re-activated to look after the interests of the footballers representing the country at all levels.

”By and large, it needs to happen because as players, we don’t want to be involved in negotiating or battling the administration bodies. It gives us too much to deal with,” Jones said before concluding, “hopefully the players association can be formed and run properly and we can move forward from there.”

Well said Jones and I hope the TTFA don't try to get vindictive and prosecute Jones for speaking out on behalf of the players.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »

Well said Jones and I hope the TTFA don't try to get vindictive and prosecute Jones for speaking out on behalf of the players.

Kenwyne was speaking on the behalf of Kenwyne, because everybody else saying that there was never any plans to boycott anything.  Not only that, while the FA had made arrangements to bring the checks to Jamaica, Brent Sancho apparently got involved by contacting the Minister of Sport directly, and the three of them decided to circumvent the FA and have the players go to the PM's office for yesterday's horse and pony show.  Mind you, it was the Ministry's responsibility and fault for the late payment in the first place.  Madness.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »

Kenwyne was speaking on the behalf of Kenwyne, because everybody else saying that there was never any plans to boycott anything.  Not only that, while the FA had made arrangements to bring the checks to Jamaica, Brent Sancho apparently got involved by contacting the Minister of Sport directly, and the three of them decided to circumvent the FA and have the players go to the PM's office for yesterday's horse and pony show.  Mind you, it was the Ministry's responsibility and fault for the late payment in the first place.  Madness.

Interesting!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 07:12:49 PM »

Bakes yuh have inside info like yuh siddung on the executive table boy. So is Sancho and Jones sabotaging the FA now? Hmmm, are they in cahoots with Watson, or is that ah whole other cabal undermining the FA?

Even if is the Mins. responsible for cutting a check, the TTFA still have a vested interest and a personal responsibility to ensure and stay on top of the Head Coach being paid. To say that "...it was the Ministry responsibility and fault for late payment in the first place", does not abdicate the TTFA of their resposibility in ensuring their staff is paid.

These are the small things that the TTFA need to pay attention to that can save them a lot of headache. To say well is not we who paying the coach so don't watch we is very unprofessional.

The interaction from the FA getting rel petty now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 07:36:37 PM »
Don't worry elan ,   bakes knows it all , many in his opinion are less than truthful / liers  .!!  Here comes the gospel according to bakes!!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:16 PM »

Hmm, and how do you know all this? I seem to remember a couple of days ago you mentioned that I knew nothing about what was going on behind the scenes, yet you just discovered this now? So, your conspiracy theory is what? Sancho for Minister of Sport? If you stop to consider the facts (a strange concept for you, I know) you will realize that Kenwyne, Jan-Michael, Leston and Tulla all have a working relationship with Sancho. Also, Sancho has long been a flag bearer for a players union. Aside from maybe Shaka, who else would the players trust? Also, Hart has a working relationship with Sancho. Finally, Sancho has a positive relationship with Griffith and his advice has been sought on several football related issues from community grounds to various community football initiatives. The fact that Sancho is politically neutral also helps place him as a reliable intermediary.

While you may try to throw mud, the fact is that when Kenwyne needed advice in this matter (you know-the one that didn't exist despite people clearly in camp remembering it) he reached out to someone he could trust who could call the Minister personally to assist. The fact that Kenwyne made a point of mentioning this when neither Sancho or the Gov't mentioned his name should be sufficient proof that this wasn't gov't related or some plot by Sancho. Why go to all the trouble of "circumventing the FA" and yet take no praise for your actions? Sancho needs to work with Sheldon Phillips on various issues, so why would he sabotage their efforts? Fact is, he was approached and did all he could to diffuse the situation. Maybe there were political machinations afoot on Griffiths side, but the issue was clearly the mistrust of the players, which Sancho helped to resolve to get the game played. 

I have seen other occasions when Tony Harford has interceded in issues without being smeared by conspiracy theorists.

Your timeline is also skewed and I notice that unlike Lasana, you fail to name your sources.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »
Bakes yuh have inside info like yuh siddung on the executive table boy. So is Sancho and Jones sabotaging the FA now? Hmmm, are they in cahoots with Watson, or is that ah whole other cabal undermining the FA?

Even if is the Mins. responsible for cutting a check, the TTFA still have a vested interest and a personal responsibility to ensure and stay on top of the Head Coach being paid. To say that "...it was the Ministry responsibility and fault for late payment in the first place", does not abdicate the TTFA of their resposibility in ensuring their staff is paid.

These are the small things that the TTFA need to pay attention to that can save them a lot of headache. To say well is not we who paying the coach so don't watch we is very unprofessional.

The interaction from the FA getting rel petty now.

Where did you see "the FA" say anything?  You see "the FA" in front of my name?  And no, I didn't "siddung on the executive table" anybody with common sense could read between the lines of what's being stated in the press.  What Kenwyne praising Sancho for... what intervention did Sancho make?  How Sancho came to be involved?  The checks were on the way to Jamaica with Walker, the team manager... how we end up with check presentation ceremony back at the PM's office instead?  How come KJ is the only one who said the team was boycotting?  Yuh doh need inside information, just common sense... take yuh time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 10:47:46 PM »
Hmm, and how do you know all this? I seem to remember a couple of days ago you mentioned that I knew nothing about what was going on behind the scenes, yet you just discovered this now? So, your conspiracy theory is what? Sancho for Minister of Sport? If you stop to consider the facts (a strange concept for you, I know) you will realize that Kenwyne, Jan-Michael, Leston and Tulla all have a working relationship with Sancho. Also, Sancho has long been a flag bearer for a players union. Aside from maybe Shaka, who else would the players trust? Also, Hart has a working relationship with Sancho. Finally, Sancho has a positive relationship with Griffith and his advice has been sought on several football related issues from community grounds to various community football initiatives. The fact that Sancho is politically neutral also helps place him as a reliable intermediary.

While you may try to throw mud, the fact is that when Kenwyne needed advice in this matter (you know-the one that didn't exist despite people clearly in camp remembering it) he reached out to someone he could trust who could call the Minister personally to assist. The fact that Kenwyne made a point of mentioning this when neither Sancho or the Gov't mentioned his name should be sufficient proof that this wasn't gov't related or some plot by Sancho. Why go to all the trouble of "circumventing the FA" and yet take no praise for your actions? Sancho needs to work with Sheldon Phillips on various issues, so why would he sabotage their efforts? Fact is, he was approached and did all he could to diffuse the situation. Maybe there were political machinations afoot on Griffiths side, but the issue was clearly the mistrust of the players, which Sancho helped to resolve to get the game played. 

I have seen other occasions when Tony Harford has interceded in issues without being smeared by conspiracy theorists.

Your timeline is also skewed and I notice that unlike Lasana, you fail to name your sources.

Are you an ass or a marble?  You ask "how I know all of this" then set out to confirm everything I say?  As I told the next one Elan, everything I'm saying is being reported in the media.  Let's examine what I said:

1. The assistant coach disavows any knowledge of a planned player boycott...

“No,” Charles replied, when asked whether there was any truth to a report that the team was boycotting the final against hosts Jamaica in protest. “We are playing the final (last night) and the team is ready and rearing to go and win the game.”

2. Not only that, while the FA had made arrangements to bring the checks to Jamaica...

Early yesterday [Tuesday November 18], Sheldon Phillips, TTFA general secretary, added that William Wallace, one of two team managers, was already en route to Jamaica with money to pay players. Wallace, the team’s main manager, had remained in Trinidad sorting out the matter, while David Muhammad kept daily team duties.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/NO-PROTEST-283153621.html

2. Brent Sancho apparently got involved by contacting the Minister of Sport directly...

Well you already confirmed that Sancho and Griffith have a close relationship, and that Sancho intervened (with who, if not Griffith himself?) but we already know that he and Griffith spoke to resolve the matter, according to Kenwyne.  So where's the "conspiracy theory"?

4. The three of them decided to circumvent the FA and have the players go to the PM's office for yesterday's horse and pony show.

This is evident from the facts.  They circumvented the FA because the FA's plan was to present the checks in Jamaica.  The Minister overruled this after speaking with Sancho and Kenwyne... let's call it after his "negotiations" with them, if that makes you feel better.  Or maybe you simply don't understand the meaning of "circumvented".  Or what is your complaint exactly? lol

And I am not a journalist so I don't have to name my sources yuh imbecile.  But if my "sources" aren't clear by now... take yuh head out yuh ass and see if it helps yuh vision any.  You too socalion, it's amazing the world of information that's available to the literate, apparently you need the paint-by-numbers version to connect the dots.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 11:48:12 PM »

Are you an ass or a marble?  You ask "how I know all of this" then set out to confirm everything I say?  As I told the next one Elan, everything I'm saying is being reported in the media.  Let's examine what I said:

1. The assistant coach disavows any knowledge of a planned player boycott...

“No,” Charles replied, when asked whether there was any truth to a report that the team was boycotting the final against hosts Jamaica in protest. “We are playing the final (last night) and the team is ready and rearing to go and win the game.”

2. Not only that, while the FA had made arrangements to bring the checks to Jamaica...

Early yesterday [Tuesday November 18], Sheldon Phillips, TTFA general secretary, added that William Wallace, one of two team managers, was already en route to Jamaica with money to pay players. Wallace, the team’s main manager, had remained in Trinidad sorting out the matter, while David Muhammad kept daily team duties.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/NO-PROTEST-283153621.html

2. Brent Sancho apparently got involved by contacting the Minister of Sport directly...

Well you already confirmed that Sancho and Griffith have a close relationship, and that Sancho intervened (with who, if not Griffith himself?) but we already know that he and Griffith spoke to resolve the matter, according to Kenwyne.  So where's the "conspiracy theory"?

4. The three of them decided to circumvent the FA and have the players go to the PM's office for yesterday's horse and pony show.

This is evident from the facts.  They circumvented the FA because the FA's plan was to present the checks in Jamaica.  The Minister overruled this after speaking with Sancho and Kenwyne... let's call it after his "negotiations" with them, if that makes you feel better.  Or maybe you simply don't understand the meaning of "circumvented".  Or what is your complaint exactly? lol

And I am not a journalist so I don't have to name my sources yuh imbecile.  But if my "sources" aren't clear by now... take yuh head out yuh ass and see if it helps yuh vision any.  You too socalion, it's amazing the world of information that's available to the literate, apparently you need the paint-by-numbers version to connect the dots.

Well, as you, as usual, have all of the (wrong) answers, riddle me this: You say the cheques were on their way to Jamaica on Monday night until "They circumvented the FA because the FA's plan was to present the checks in Jamaica". By "they" you are referring to Griffith, Jones and Sancho. This just shows how ill informed you and your top flight buddies are. Because Sancho never became involved until Tuesday morning. In fact, he read about the boycott in the paper before Kenwyne contacted him to intervene. I have never claimed that Griffith didn't do this for political reasons, as I have no knowledge of Govt policies etc. But I can tell you that Sancho became involved at the request of Kenwyne on Tuesday morning.
Isn't it strange how Kenwyne (according to you) just decided to make himself look foolish by stating the team were going to boycott, when really it was just him? If you really think that, Bakes, impossible though it may be, you are a bigger "imbecile" than I previously imagined.

I must have missed the angry denials from all of the squad, calling Kenwyne a liar. And, of course, the only voice contrary is a TTFA coach. As much as I do believe that somebody must give some TTFA perspective on the reports made in the press, the fact that some bright spark recruited you as their spin doctor really makes me wonder about those in charge. You do more damage to TTFA than Lasana ever could!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 12:47:42 AM »
Well, as you, as usual, have all of the (wrong) answers, riddle me this: You say the cheques were on their way to Jamaica on Monday night until "They circumvented the FA because the FA's plan was to present the checks in Jamaica". By "they" you are referring to Griffith, Jones and Sancho. This just shows how ill informed you and your top flight buddies are. Because Sancho never became involved until Tuesday morning. In fact, he read about the boycott in the paper before Kenwyne contacted him to intervene. I have never claimed that Griffith didn't do this for political reasons, as I have no knowledge of Govt policies etc. But I can tell you that Sancho became involved at the request of Kenwyne on Tuesday morning.
Isn't it strange how Kenwyne (according to you) just decided to make himself look foolish by stating the team were going to boycott, when really it was just him? If you really think that, Bakes, impossible though it may be, you are a bigger "imbecile" than I previously imagined.

I must have missed the angry denials from all of the squad, calling Kenwyne a liar. And, of course, the only voice contrary is a TTFA coach. As much as I do believe that somebody must give some TTFA perspective on the reports made in the press, the fact that some bright spark recruited you as their spin doctor really makes me wonder about those in charge. You do more damage to TTFA than Lasana ever could!

Where did I say the "cheques" were on their way to Jamaica Monday night?  Where did anybody say anything about Monday night?  And I speak for myself, not no "top-flight buddies"... you might be Sancho's mouthpiece, or maybe his jockstrap, who knows... but I speak for myself and myself alone.  Everybody else can speak for themselves unless they've signed a retainer and paying me for my services.

Now yuh trying to discredit Hutson Charles as a "TTFA coach"... well I guess Stephen Hart is too:

Hart explained that the players held a meeting yesterday which delayed their training session at the WesPow Park “by about 30 minutes”, and decided then and there that they would play the final, so as far as he’s concerned they are good to go.

Note the date... I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, but give it a try.  The article was published on Tuesday, so by Monday Hart was already confident that there would be no boycott.  So tell us again about this camp uprising, which you claimed you heard rumblings of, but which Sancho, Kenwyne's good buddy... had to read about in the papers Tuesday morning... after the coach had already put that talk to rest.  So I guess you have better info than Sancho, you hearing rumblings, he have to read about it in the papers.

As for the rest of that talk about me being TTFA "spin doctor" and being "bigger imbecile" and what not... [well, I'll just leave that one alone for now :)]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:18:20 AM by Bakes »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 01:53:57 AM »
That was too personal Bakes. Not good enough. We argue Tnt football politics not forumites domestics.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 02:17:24 AM »
Bakes the man eh get personal with you. You really angry about this TTFA business boy whey sah.

Daiz exactly what I said in my last post the TTFA getting rel petty, and they taking things personal. Not good.

Bakes it is obvious by all that you've been getting inside info. Your info - if you have  not paid attention - is very specific and no one who just on this board could know the details you give. The TTFA  do not publish orake known many of the information you have divulged. Not just this last supposed boycott but on any issue that the TTFA have found themselves in. Not even super you could squeeze all that details out of those articles. You even give details on things not published or that was published after you spilled the beans.

You can get angry as much as you want but all it do is show your true color. You can cuss me and call me names but that is level bs what you said to FS, big men don't vibes like that, at least not where I come from. That's straight up a bitch move.

For some reason no one can criticize the TTFA as it seems you're their personal watch dog. What you said about FS is really distasteful, very unbecoming of a "professional".

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 05:58:30 AM »

Absolutely correct!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 06:00:06 AM »
Bakes seems pleasant.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 06:13:38 AM »
Sancho: Make sure this doesn’t happen again.
T&T Express Reports.

Former Soca Warrior Brent Sancho is hoping that episodes like the near boycott of the Caribbean Cup final by the senior men’s football team earlier this week become things of the past.

Sancho, one of 13 players who won a judgment against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association for millions of dollars in outstanding fees from the 2006 World Cup, was a key figure in facilitating the settlement of the $10 million debt to the current squad so that Kenwyne Jones and his team could take the field for the Caribbean Cup final against Jamaica on Tuesday.

Both Jones and Minister of Sport Dr Rupert Griffith acknowledged Sancho’s role in mediating an agreement.
“When I saw the report in the newspapers I spoke to (Mr Adrian) Raymond (Acting CEO of the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago).

It would have been a travesty for (such) a situation like that to arise,” he told the Express on Thursday where he witnessed the handing out of cheques to players and technical staff by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Dr Griffith.

Sancho added: “I understood the cabinet note was approved a long time, and being a very good friend to the captain Kenwyne, after a conversation with Mr Raymond, decided to give Kenwyne a call and come to some sort of agreement. I tried to bring the both sides together to make sure we averted any further embarrassment.”

Sancho, who had been kept abreast of the situation over the last year by the Cardiff City striker, said further that, “I am a huge fan of the game and a huge fan of these players so I was just happy to assist.”

Sancho sympathised with Jones and company, describing the situation of being owed huge sums of money and going unpaid for months on end as “difficult” and “ a burden”.

“As captain, you know players are coming at you and asking what is the situation and he (Jones) reached a point where it was a bit too much. We spoke about that and what would make it possible for them to play that night and after a couple of phone calls back and forth we tried to make these players happy so they could play at their optimal best and that was what I was trying to do,” Sancho said.

Sancho also said the situation of the players being endlessly owed money by the TTFA needed to be rectified.

“We need to carefully look at how we do things to make sure this does not happen again,” he said.

Sancho also added that the 13 2006 World Cup players , who received their gifts from the Government earlier this year, are still pursuing legal action in an effort to recover funds that have not been accounted for during the 2005 World Cup qualifying campaign.

“We are hoping that the current administration in football joins us in this quest because I think when you look at these situations, the sums of money that are missing, you think this would not happen if we were to go after the funds.

So we hope they realise the importance of doing this and then if they don’t, then we would have to find other means and ways of doing it, but it is something that we are going to pursue.” he concluded.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 06:14:43 AM »
On the evidence, FS is doing tremendous service to, and for, football in Trinidad & Tobago. What kind of outside the box f**kery is that Bakes? Ah man call yuh ah imbecile and you become incredibly invested in responding dah kinda way? Stunning, especially considering his word choice is milder than your traditional vocabulary. Yet you claim iz ah waste ah time trying to insult you? On the evidence, not?!

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 07:22:07 AM »
Surprise this man has never been banned as yet for his emotional stupidity

Totally uncalled for ..and very below the belt shit attack there!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 07:23:18 AM »
What wrong if Sancho advise them to stand up for their rights?

That is de bottom line.

De buck had to stop somewhere.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline J.Chase

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 07:40:19 AM »

Heard that too. I called my friend who is in and around the football in T&T and he confirmed Sancho advised the players to try and embarrass the TTFA and wait till Thursday to collect cheques from the Gov't.

I read all the articles and I found it funny the Min. of Sport have claimed they had come to the rescue when a cabinet note had been passed weeks ago after the TTFA were the ones to get it done in the first place. Politics again.

I had it recently confirmed that the new hierarchy in the TTFA also discussed a players association when meeting with the players when Tim Kee etc came into power.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 07:51:28 AM »
Well it certainly seems like I've ruffled a few feathers... point noted. Football Supporter, my bad breds... I did go overboard there a little  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 07:53:38 AM »
I had it recently confirmed that the new hierarchy in the TTFA also discussed a players association when meeting with the players when Tim Kee etc came into power.

It's one of the things they mention in the new Constitution they're trying to get passed.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 07:07:14 PM »

Heard that too. I called my friend who is in and around the football in T&T and he confirmed Sancho advised the players to try and embarrass the TTFA and wait till Thursday to collect cheques from the Gov't.

I read all the articles and I found it funny the Min. of Sport have claimed they had come to the rescue when a cabinet note had been passed weeks ago after the TTFA were the ones to get it done in the first place. Politics again.

I don't know you, Mr Chase, but you friend is at best misinformed or at worst, a liar. If Sancho had aims to run for TTFA president or Gen Sec, it could make sense, but I can assure you that he has no such ambition - at least not in the foreseeable future. I totally agree that MoS were playing politics and, as I have stated before, Tim-Kee must have known this kind of thing would happen when he chose to stand as Mayor of PoS and PNM treasurer. To me, he broke the same golden rule as Warner...don't mix sport with party politics. With an election approaching, this will become dirtier and dirtier as Rowley seeks to defend his man by attacking PP on their wastefulness and mismanagement of sports funding and PP direct millions towards community sport and high profile national team events.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 01:10:48 AM »
Interesting interview that Kenwyne did with 91.9FM on the day of the Caribbean Cup Final before the match was played. Going by what he said in this interview the players definitely threatened to boycott the match as part of the negotiations to ensure that their coach gets his 8 months salary owing paid as they did not want to lose him. Big-up to Kenwyne and the players for making that move in the interest of not losing their coach.

Soca Warriors' Captain Kenwyne Jones Tells It All!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y1fJNKBhW2Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y1fJNKBhW2Y</a>

Soca Warriors' Captain, Kenwyne Jones talks about Salaries owed for over 3 years and wanting to Boycott the Caribbean Cup Finals.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In contrast here the optimism from Kenwyne for winning the Cup just 4 days earlier.

Soca Warriors' Captain, Kenwyne Jones in Studio with Shal and Jaiga #TurnItUpFridays
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yrlZYk6GYFY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yrlZYk6GYFY</a>

T&T Captain, Kenwyne Jones discuss the Football Team's qualification for the 2015 Gold Cup with Shal and Jaiga.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is an interview with Kenwyne after winning the first game in Jamaica.

Soca Warriors' Captain, Kenwyne Jones on The Sound of The Streets
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dSLtuLnk4f4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dSLtuLnk4f4</a>

Soca Warriors' Captain, Kenwyne Jones discusses the Caribbean Football Union League, Charitable Work and how Domestic Violence has affected his Life.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:33:48 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 01:22:24 AM »

I don't know you, Mr Chase, but you friend is at best misinformed or at worst, a liar. If Sancho had aims to run for TTFA president or Gen Sec, it could make sense, but I can assure you that he has no such ambition - at least not in the foreseeable future. I totally agree that MoS were playing politics and, as I have stated before, Tim-Kee must have known this kind of thing would happen when he chose to stand as Mayor of PoS and PNM treasurer. To me, he broke the same golden rule as Warner...don't mix sport with party politics. With an election approaching, this will become dirtier and dirtier as Rowley seeks to defend his man by attacking PP on their wastefulness and mismanagement of sports funding and PP direct millions towards community sport and high profile national team events.

Your posts are beginning to play the politricks line.

As more information is being revealed I now have my reservations of how the Ministry of Sport handle this situation, but I will sit back for now and see how they will continue to do business with the TTFF in the near future.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:24:25 AM by Sando prince »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 05:41:27 AM »

Your posts are beginning to play the politricks line.

As more information is being revealed I now have my reservations of how the Ministry of Sport handle this situation, but I will sit back for now and see how they will continue to do business with the TTFF in the near future.

I'm just telling it how I see it. And trying to clarify why the claims that Sancho is in league with the govt wouldn't make sense long term.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 07:30:41 AM »
FS, your team and Connection are basically the teams that repping Central. Before you guys was Caroni FC. But they played in the old SFL. That was a dynamic league. Probably the best league in the country in the 60s/70s. The closet thing to a pro-league at the time. Other than than that was the CFA team, CYO,  there was also a Malvern team there. Not spectacular but decent teams. Then Kelwalas. They went thru. For me, I would like to see these two teams around for the next 100 yrs, than win one or two competitions and then fold. Our football has lost traditional teams. Some of these teams use to bring the various communities to the fields, but for a number reasons(economic, disinterest, not wanting to make changes for future survival), they all fell apart. Just look at England. Sc**thorpe  will change management a hundred times, but there will always be a Sc**thorpe for the next 100 years.

1]; } ?>