June 15, 2024, 09:23:19 PM

Author Topic: Express: Plaudits for our 'Warriors'  (Read 813 times)

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Express: Plaudits for our 'Warriors'
« on: November 09, 2005, 03:38:14 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_opinion?id=114514117

This is an email which has been circulating among both citizens and other interested people about our national football team, the "Warriors''. I must admit, when I received it, I thought it was another one of those idle people who had nothing better to do than come up with another negative email about our 'Warriors'. However, to my surprise, I was greeted with this uplifting email which states what the US media is saying about the Trini side and I would be more than delighted to share this information with the rest of supporters...

"Fox Sports is pleased to announce the broadcast of the Trinidad/Bahrain World Cup qualifier on November 12 at 6.30 p.m., and will rerun the game at 12 p.m., due to the impressive world class performances of T&T, impressively beating Mexico 2-1. The only other Concacaf team to beat Mexico is the USA, ranked fifth in the world by FIFA. T&T, a country with a population of just over 1.3 million, has put their stamp on the world soccer stage, and must be the favourites to qualify. Their striking has been sharp, defence stifling, and midfield well organised in recent appearances. Other Concacaf teams such as the US and Costa Rica must be extremely happy they do not have to face the "Warriors'' now. The US narrowly beat the "Warriors'' in their last encounter, despite the fact the "Warriors'' played with only ten men for over an hour."

Joz

Couva

1]; } ?>