April 27, 2024, 09:34:28 AM

Author Topic: $.4 million con: Tim Kee tries to explain cover-up in Argentina friendly  (Read 33525 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: $.4 million con: Tim Kee tries to explain cover-up in Argentina friendly
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2014, 03:11:09 PM »
Does the TTFA have Quickbooks?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »
That Millien fella have to come real good to dance around this.

If Charles tief the money wouldn't the 2 signatures be consistent? Why you say? Well if Charles is to be implicated as the one who is guilty, then we will have to believe that he knew what Millien signature looks like.

However, that will bring us to our first problem. If Charles knew what Millien signature looked like why would he forge the signature differently and then do it 2 different ways?

It is way more believable that Atiba was set up. Millien knowingly signed 2 different ways so that he can argue later that his signature is different. Which he readily made known and presented.

Not necessarily, my cheques were stolen years ago.
No attempt was made to adequately forge my signature, just a f**king V and a stroke. Thank god the ass tried to take more money than I had. The cheque was NSF by my bank, I asked them to compare the signature they had on file, they apologised and reversed charges. Hwever, had I had enough money that btch would've been able to access my funds.
Sometimes being poor is come in handy.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2014, 09:20:47 PM »
TTFA had no choice but to get get of Millien whether he's guilty or not...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2014, 09:25:54 PM »
*cough* * cough*   
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »
TTFA sacks Millien and demotes Phillips; averts coaches walk-out
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has responded to the financial furore regarding its alleged $.4 million licensing fee for a June friendly against Argentina, revealed exclusively by Wired868, by sacking its commercial agent Darren Millien and restructuring the role of its general secretary Sheldon Phillips.
Millien was the TTFA’s marketing consultant while he ran the football body’s FIFA-funded income generation programme.
On Tuesday November 25, Wired868 revealed that $400,000 of taxpayers’ money from the Ministry of Tourism went missing and Millien was accused of collecting the sum from tour agent, Nissi Tours.
And, two days later, Tourism Minister Gerald Hadeed told the website that: “Millien is a person that no one should have any business association with. The fellah is an absolute f***ing crook!”
TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee, who is also the Port of Spain mayor and PNM treasurer, initially dismissed the Wired868 articles as “a diabolic lie” but since appeared to have had a dramatic change of heart.
In a release this evening following a discussion with the TTFA executive committee, Tim Kee stated that the football body agreed to:
1) Accept the withdrawal of Darren Millien’s services as commercial agent for the TTFA. This follows a meeting between President Tim Kee and Mr. Millien on Friday November 28;
2) The reconfiguration of General Secretary, Sheldon Phillips’, role by including William Wallace to lead government relations and team management functions;
3) Appoint former WIPA president Dinanath Ramnarine as a consultant to lead efforts to assist the TTFA with its governance and management reform and to review and restructure organizational operations;
4) Reiterate the need to improve the governance structure of the TTFA in line with best practices.
Wired868 sought responses from Tim Kee and Phillips on the changes but calls went straight to voice mail.
Wallace, who is a national team manager and school teacher at Carapichaima East Secondary, said his new job description still in flux.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/11/30/shake-up-ttfa-sacks-millien-and-demotes-phillips-averts-coaches-walk-out/

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2014, 09:32:44 PM »
Don't let me down with your spin, Bakes. ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2014, 10:00:37 PM »
RUN DINAS RUN from these KROOKS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »
Don't let me down with your spin, Bakes. ;-)

It is clear that you are in need of some kind of validation... that and a dictionary to help you understand the meaning of the word "demote."

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »
I get by with or without you, Bakes. The first paragraph said: "restructuring the role of its general secretary." Unfortunately, that doesn't fit well in a headline. So "demote" is a simplification.
That's your only thought from that story eh Bakes? You're as sharp as ever fellah.  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2014, 11:10:22 PM »
Tim Kee hadda take one day at a time ... everyday is a headache, and dahis jes football-related. Imagine when yuh add in the mayor's office ... brace!!! Cyah be easy.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2014, 01:18:06 AM »
That Millien fella have to come real good to dance around this.

If Charles tief the money wouldn't the 2 signatures be consistent? Why you say? Well if Charles is to be implicated as the one who is guilty, then we will have to believe that he knew what Millien signature looks like.

However, that will bring us to our first problem. If Charles knew what Millien signature looked like why would he forge the signature differently and then do it 2 different ways?

It is way more believable that Atiba was set up. Millien knowingly signed 2 different ways so that he can argue later that his signature is different. Which he readily made known and presented.

Move to the head of the detective class Elan Holmes! :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2014, 01:30:02 AM »
The whatsapp msgs that is being discredited as bogus will have a phone number attached to it so it should be easy to verify. If Millien did infact demand the money in a whatsapp msg, then his phone number will be present.
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2014, 01:54:32 AM »
TTFA sacks Millien and demotes Phillips; averts coaches walk-out

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has responded to the financial furore regarding its alleged $.4 million licensing fee for a June friendly against Argentina, revealed exclusively by Wired868, by sacking its commercial agent Darren Millien and restructuring the role of its general secretary Sheldon Phillips.
Millien was the TTFA’s marketing consultant while he ran the football body’s FIFA-funded income generation programme.
On Tuesday November 25, Wired868 revealed that $400,000 of taxpayers’ money from the Ministry of Tourism went missing and Millien was accused of collecting the sum from tour agent, Nissi Tours.
And, two days later, Tourism Minister Gerald Hadeed told the website that: “Millien is a person that no one should have any business association with. The fellah is an absolute f***ing crook!”
TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee, who is also the Port of Spain mayor and PNM treasurer, initially dismissed the Wired868 articles as “a diabolic lie” but since appeared to have had a dramatic change of heart.
In a release this evening following a discussion with the TTFA executive committee, Tim Kee stated that the football body agreed to:
1) Accept the withdrawal of Darren Millien’s services as commercial agent for the TTFA. This follows a meeting between President Tim Kee and Mr. Millien on Friday November 28;
2) The reconfiguration of General Secretary, Sheldon Phillips’, role by including William Wallace to lead government relations and team management functions;
3) Appoint former WIPA president Dinanath Ramnarine as a consultant to lead efforts to assist the TTFA with its governance and management reform and to review and restructure organizational operations;
4) Reiterate the need to improve the governance structure of the TTFA in line with best practices.
Wired868 sought responses from Tim Kee and Phillips on the changes but calls went straight to voice mail.
Wallace, who is a national team manager and school teacher at Carapichaima East Secondary, said his new job description still in flux.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/11/30/shake-up-ttfa-sacks-millien-and-demotes-phillips-averts-coaches-walk-out/

Excellent work Lasana! Keep it up!  :beermug:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »
It's scary to think where our football would be had it not been for Lasana keeping a check on Jackulito, Horner, Scampito, Rodent, uncle Tim and the rest of their underlings. Of course there's a lot more to be done. So press on Lasana, keep your own media enterprise answering only to yourself and keep following the money. Integrity and accountability in public life are some of the things we want.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:05:26 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2014, 12:46:45 PM »
TTFA should get a female for the commercial agent position.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »
Including JW,who was the last lot that always get cuss up bout teefing,"Lord Have Mercy". ;D

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
Atiba ha to be ah rell f**kin c**t or he is part of it.  Is no friggin way yuh go to ah car park and hand over money 2 days in ah row!  What form of bullshit is this in troot?  Ok so yuh get ketch the first day, next day yuh was supposed to say the money is here in our office waiting to be picked up and signed for.  This way at minimum yuh have ah witness or two as to who pick up and sign for it.  And if it eh Millien then whomever picking up would need to have been authorized by the TTFA in writing as being allowed to pick it up.  I refuse to believe that Charles is such ah damn ass!  No way is that possible.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2014, 07:00:41 PM »
Atiba ha to be ah rell f**kin c**t or he is part of it.  Is no friggin way yuh go to ah car park and hand over money 2 days in ah row!  What form of bullshit is this in troot?  Ok so yuh get ketch the first day, next day yuh was supposed to say the money is here in our office waiting to be picked up and signed for.  This way at minimum yuh have ah witness or two as to who pick up and sign for it.  And if it eh Millien then whomever picking up would need to have been authorized by the TTFA in writing as being allowed to pick it up.  I refuse to believe that Charles is such ah damn ass!  No way is that possible.

People eh just believing that... they take de story and run with it.  Yuh eh even hearing Atiba name call (thanks to some strategic PR and advocacy by Lasana), only Millien, Tim Kee and Phillips.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2014, 07:47:23 PM »

People eh just believing that... they take de story and run with it.  Yuh eh even hearing Atiba name call (thanks to some strategic PR and advocacy by Lasana), only Millien, Tim Kee and Phillips.

To be fair, we really don't know what Atiba is doing regarding this matter. But if you read between the lines, as a lawyer, I'm sure you'll understand the reason for his current silence on key elements of the story.

I've always known Atiba to be an honest guy trying to make his way in business. I hope he can come out of this with his reputation intact.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2014, 08:03:33 PM »
To be fair, we really don't know what Atiba is doing regarding this matter. But if you read between the lines, as a lawyer, I'm sure you'll understand the reason for his current silence on key elements of the story.

I've always known Atiba to be an honest guy trying to make his way in business. I hope he can come out of this with his reputation intact.

Atiba isn't staying silent, he's feeding information to Lasana because in Lasana he knows he'll find a sympathetic ear.  I don't know Atiba, could tell you the first thing about him.  I don't know who is lying between him and Millien.  Do I think Millien is way more sophisticated than Atiba?  Yes.  But I still wouldn't put anything past Atiba, just as I wouldn't put anything past Millien.  Bottom line is that the money disappeared from Atiba's hands... ultimately he'll need to answer for it's disappearance, either by paying with his freedom, or by telling a really damn compelling story in court.  If he's truly innocent then I don't see how he or Nissi Travels survives this from a PR standpoint.  By his own words he agreed to meet a man in a parking lot and toss a shit load of cash into his backseat.  I wouldn't hire this man to buy me bus tickets (no offense), let alone to arrange foreign travel.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2014, 08:32:36 PM »
TTFA insists Millien quit; Hadeed promises tell-all in Parliament

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has denied its marketing official, Darren Millien, was fired by the local football body or that his departure was a sign of guilt over a $.4 million licensing fee con unearthed by Wired868 last week.
Millien was accused of requesting $400,000 in cash from travel agent, Nissi Tours, which was supposed to be a payment to the TTFA but promptly disappeared.
Tourism Minister Gerald Hadeed claimed that he reported the alleged crime to TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee before the “Soca Warriors” international friendly in Buenos Aires on June 4.
However, by Tim Kee’s own admission, the cash-strapped football body waited between three to four months to report the missing money to the police. And, even then, the complaint to the Fraud Squad was supposedly filed by TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips with help from Millien.
Phillips hired Millien and advised the tour agents that the former West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and Sportt Company executive member was his “go to guy.”
Within five days of Wired868’s exclusive report on the controversial payment, the TTFA announced Millien’s departure by press release while Phillips had his duties slashed as national senior team manager William Wallace took on the responsibility to liaise with the government and the various national teams over budgets.
But the TTFA insisted, via another press release today, that Millien’s departure, which was said to be only “until the issues surrounding the Argentina tour have been resolved”, was voluntary.
“Mr Millien met with me on Friday November 28,” said Tim Kee, in the latest press statement, “when we had a frank and open discussion, during which he voluntarily offered to withdraw his services until the matter has been satisfactorily resolved.”
The release did not say whether Phillips also offered to give up a large chunk of his portfolio voluntarily. Nor did it explain why Millien’s resignation and the restructuring of Phillips’ post did not happen when the matter was supposedly filed with the police—in August or September—rather than immediately after the Wired868 articles last week.
Neither Tim Kee nor Phillips could be reached by telephone to give further explanations and the football president, who is also the Port of Spain mayor and PNM treasurer, did not return a voice message.
There is little indication, at present, that this matter will fade away anytime soon.
Hadeed told Wired868 that he has requested a copy of the TTFA’s statement to the Fraud Squad and hopes to have it before the end of the week.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/12/01/ttfa-insists-millien-quit-hadeed-promises-tell-all-in-parliament/

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2014, 02:48:53 AM »
TTFA: Millien voluntarily withdrew services.
T&T Express Reports.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) wishes to clarify that at an emergency executive committee meeting called by TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee on Sunday, the committee agreed to accept Darren Millien’s offer to voluntarily withdraw his services until the issues surrounding the Argentina tour have been resolved.

Millien stressed that his decision in no way reflects an admission or acceptance of guilt in this matter but, allows for due process to take place.

Tim Kee said: “Mr Millien met with me on Friday (November 28) when we had a frank and open discussion, during which he voluntarily offered to withdraw his services until the matter has been satisfactorily resolved.” The TTFA wishes to reaffirm its commitment to due process in the resolution of the matter.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »

All I saying is that objectively observing, one can't help but admit that this is a bizarre chain of events detailed by Atiba.  I not trying to disrespect the man eh, buh meeting in a car park twice to drop off large sums of cash makes him seem suspect.  Was he afraid of what steps Millien would take if he did not comply with the alleged request?  I hope we can truly get to the bottom of this and whomever is guilty be dealt with.  As it stands right now despite all attempts to paint the picture (whether true or not) that Millien is crooked also implicates Charles as he looks to have been complicit in a scheme to pocket the missing $400k.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2014, 12:27:53 PM »
I am trying not be biased and don't say anything prejudicial. But in this day and age in TT,  where bandits  killing for  anything, moving about with that that amount of cash is both not wise and has the appearance of corruption.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »
I am trying not be biased and don't say anything prejudicial. But in this day and age in TT,  where bandits  killing for  anything, moving about with that that amount of cash is both not wise and has the appearance of corruption.

If you seeing where you can make a cool million + and you have to drop off that money yuh doing that.

Why blame Millien just so?
Make up the licensing fee and blame Millien out of everyone?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
btw, did atiba collect his "license" at least? or he hold a word of mouth from Millien, it will be in the mail shortly, since the carpark didn't have a functional printer. Lawd, Atiba, why u didn't just pay the charter, and tell Millien (TTFA) hold on for the License fee. They had a booking with another company for another charter ? Obviously not, cause they didn't have another 700 k to downpay. >:(   ???

add: if I handing over 5 k to the bank for my business, better believe, I want everybody there to see me do it..like marriage
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:20:01 PM by maxg »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2014, 01:28:23 PM »

If you seeing where you can make a cool million + and you have to drop off that money yuh doing that.

Why blame Millien just so?
Make up the licensing fee and blame Millien out of everyone?

How will he prove that in a court if it comes to that?  Moreover how does he retain any reputation worthy of being a business partner after it's all said and done?

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
The entire scenario is plague with suspicion..by the involved parties ,  as is stands the last two people to handle the cash is millien and atiba,<> this is according to atiba charles..!!  Unlesss there was some ghostly  source at the carpark  that magically  made it  (the money ) all disappear into thin air . Both millien and atiba should  come  better than that .!!  Ah know someone lying .... sooner or later  the facts will  be known .

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2014, 02:39:14 PM »
btw, did atiba collect his "license" at least? or he hold a word of mouth from Millien, it will be in the mail shortly, since the carpark didn't have a functional printer. Lawd, Atiba, why u didn't just pay the charter, and tell Millien (TTFA) hold on for the License fee. They had a booking with another company for another charter ? Obviously not, cause they didn't have another 700 k to downpay. >:(   ???

add: if I handing over 5 k to the bank for my business, better believe, I want everybody there to see me do it..like marriage

I think the licence fee is just permission to use the TTFA logo in your marketing.....like "official tour operator of TTFA"

1]; } ?>