March 28, 2024, 07:57:42 PM

Author Topic: $.4 million con: Tim Kee tries to explain cover-up in Argentina friendly  (Read 33201 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: $.4 million con: Tim Kee tries to explain cover-up in Argentina friendly
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »

:beermug:  I still not speaking the local language...in troot

Yuh get most of it so at least yuh 'conversant'  ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2014, 11:47:27 AM »

Yuh get most of it so at least yuh 'conversant'  ;D

:beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2014, 05:30:04 PM »
Maybe he is ah real smart man in troot, buh somebody ha to have something that yuh could read and saw BWDFITIRHIT?!! lol

LOL... I mad I actually understand what everything stand for  :rotfl:

Whatever the case Millien do good fuh himself yes... Marketing Chairman fuh WICB, Director of SporTT among others.  He have to be well-connected... probably a PNM man, which might explain Tim Kee's assertion that the focus on him (Millien) was political.  If I was him I wouldn't even bother with frigging TnT nah, I'd just ply my trade overseas... but my guess is that the local connections probably too valuable for him to abandon TnT.

LOL... I mad I actually understand what everything stand for  Damn, it couldn't figure the final IT lol

"in troot" lol

:D  :yellowcard: ;)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2014, 03:03:38 AM »
Minister Hadeed: TTFA probing missing $.4million
T&T Guardian Reports.

The T&T Football Association is probing how to recover $400,000 which was unaccounted for from a June trip to Argentina after a TTFA staff member allegedly asked for the money from Nissi Tours and Travel when he had no authority to do so, Tourism Minister Gerald Hadeed said yesterday.

Replying to an Opposition question in Parliament, Minister Hadeed said the TTFA official— one Darren Millien—had allegedly requested the money from the travel agency which had been engaged to arrange for the promotion trip to Argentina for a friendly football match with that country.

Hadeed said the request was not supposed to have been made and the TTFA’s information was that Millien had no authority to ask for the money.

Tourism Ministry officials who went on the trip included permanent secretary Juliana Johan-Boodram, Hadeed said, since owing to unforeseen circumstances, he was unable to lead the delegation, so Boodram did so.

Hadeed said the expenditure asssociated with the trip was $2.6 million, with the Tourism Ministry staff’s per-diem allowances costing a total of $22,059. He said the revenue received was $1.9 million.

Sport Minister Rupert Griffith said the Sport Ministry assisted 759 non-profit institutions with funding from 2010 to the 2015 financial year.

On Monday, the TTFA issued a release which stated: The TTFA wishes to clarify that at an emergency executive committee meeting called by TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee on Sunday, (November 30) the committee agreed to accept Darren Millien’s offer to voluntarily withdraw his services until the issues surrounding the Argentina tour have been resolved.

Millien stressed that his decision in no way reflects an admission or acceptance of guilt in this matter but, allows for due process to take place.

Tim Kee said “Mr Millien met with me on Friday November 28, when we had a frank and open discussion, during which he voluntarily offered to withdraw his services until the matter has been satisfactorily resolved.”

The TTFA wishes to reaffirm its commitment to due process in the resolution of the matter.

It was also decided that general secretary Sheldon Phillips would no longer lead government relations and team management functions. William Wallace was appointed to take up those duties.

In addition, the TTFA has also appointed former president of the West Indies Players Association Dinanath Ramnarine as a consultant to lead efforts to assist the TTFA with its governance and management reform and to review and restructure its operations.

In the release, Tim Kee offered no reasons for the removal of Millien or the downsizing of Phillips’ portfolio, but instead said, “the TTFA is pleased to have someone of Mr Ramnarine’s caliber as part of its reformation effort. Dinanath is a hard-working individual who brings to the table a wealth of experience in sports administration and governance.”

Ramnarine, who has been a member of the TTFA’s independent review commission, also involved in the mediation of the settlement of outstanding payments to the 2006 World Cup players.

RELATED NEWS

Football $ still missing
By Andre Bagoo (Newsday).

A TOTAL of $2.6 million was spent by the Ministry of Tourism to fund a delegation to Argentina on June 4 for the friendly football match there, but of this amount $400,000 is unaccounted for after it was disbursed to an unauthorised official of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), Minister of Tourism Gerald Hadeed told Parliament yesterday.

During Parliament Question Time, Hadeed confirmed previous reports on the matter but stopped short of saying whether the theft is under police probe and did not shed light on whether the money had been recouped.

Hadeed listed several officials who were a part of the delegation and said $716,613 in revenue had been made from the trip through the packages offered to the paying public. Therefore, he said, the total outspend was $1.9 million.

Diego Martin Central MP Dr Amery Browne queried whether there is $400,000 unaccounted for with respect to expenditure on the tour.

“Yes, there is,” Hadeed responded. “When the money was paid to Nissi Tours, for the trip what took place was that a person who was working for the TTFA at the time requested $400,000 from Nissi Tours which was not supposed to be done, and according to information I have from the TTFA he had no authority whatsoever to ask for the money. The money was given to him and the TTFA is investigating that at the present time.”

Browne further queried, “With respect to those same public funds, can you indicate whether those matters have been referred to the Police Service and whether there is an investigation occurring at this time.”

Hadeed replied, “I will not be able at present to answer that, but if you do file a question I will get all the information.”

Laventille West MP NiLeung Hypolite asked whether the spending of the $2.6 million contributed to the development of tourism. Hadeed replied, by saying the actual cost was $1.9 million.

“Sport is international and to expose Trinidad and Tobago to a couple of hundred million people with the football certainly is an opportunity that one should seek when it generates that amount of passion,” the Minister said.

Hadeed said the Ministry partnered with the TTFA to support the hosting of the friendly match. The TTFA engaged a consultant to provide travel arrangements. Nissi Tours and Travel Ltd was engaged. The charter flight of June 5 carried 150 persons.

Total expenditure ($2.6 million) broke down into: TTFA (sponsorship of tickets for ground transfers and match ticket) —$300,000; TTFA (sponsorship of administrative fees and overheads) — $200,000; TTFA (national senior team airfares) — $900,000; TTFA (accomodation) — $700,000; FV Holdings (promotion of Trinidad and Tobago in Argentina) — $253,862.50; FV Holdings (advertising in Argentina) — $206,910.88; Cultural Contingent (per diem) — $49,595; Nissi Tours (departure tax) — $12,255; Ministry of Tourism staff (per diem) — $22,059.

The delegation included: Juliana Johan-Boodram, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Tourism; Satie Jamraj-Marimuthu, Director, Research and Planning; Anand Maraj, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator; Ria Elie, Head Communications, and Myroon Ramdass, Executive Assistant. The Minister did not attend.

Also on the delegation was Umesh Rampersad, the Tourism Development Corporation (TDC) Chairman; Naidu Powdhar, TDC director; Carol Ann Birchwood-James, TDC director; and Samuel Sankar, sports tourism coordinator.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2014, 05:46:26 AM »
TTFA awaits police report on missing $.4 million.
By Rhondor Dowlat (Guardian).

General Secretary of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) Sheldon Phillips says he is awaiting the results of the findings of a police investigation into fraud at the TTFA. Police are probing how the Sport Ministry’s funds was spent as well as $.4 million which was unaccounted for.

The TTFA is probing how to recover the funds, which were unaccounted for from a June trip to Argentina after a TTFA staff member allegedly asked for the money from Nissi Tours and Travel when he had no authority to do so. That was disclosed by Tourism Minister Gerald Hadeed on Friday. Hadeed was replying to an Opposition question in Parliament.

He said the TTFA official, Darren Millien had allegedly requested the money from the travel agency which had been engaged to arrange for the promotion trip to Argentina for a friendly football match with that country. Hadeed said the expenditure associated with the trip was $2.6 million, with the Tourism Ministry staff’s per-diem allowances costing a total of $22,059. He said the revenue received was $1.9 million.

Phillips said he chose not to comment further on the matter until the police presents their findings. On August 19, 2014, Phillips sent a Memorandum to the TTFA’s President Raymond Tim Kee, which the Sunday Guardian obtained. It brought to Tim Kee’s attention a series of concerns based upon the attached report submitted by Nissi Travel in relation to their coordination of our Argentina tour.

Phillips also included the general secretary Argentina Tour Report that was submitted to the executive committee. The claimed expenditure of $400,000 was never an approved expense. “The TTFA does not have a licencing fee structure in place to justify an expenditure of $400,000. Furthermore, and more troubling is that the claim of the alleged payment was described as a cash expenditure.”

Copies of the alleged receipts of $200,000, a piece as shown on pages 15 and 16 of the Nissi Tours and Travel Report, display two distinctly different signatures and both signatures on the receipt are acutely different from the signature of the individual Nissi Tours claims to have given the $400,000 in cash.

“I would also like to point your attention to page 17 of the Nissi Report, the folio for the Plaza Hotel. There is a considerable discrepancy on the total amount provided on page 17 compared to the expenditure amount as identified on page 2, line 9. In addition, the dates shown on the Plaza Hotel folio reflect a hotel stay from May 28 to June 6. The date of the Argentina was June 1-5.

“Based upon my findings and discussions, it appears Nissi Tours and Travel cannot justify their spend on a large portion of the funds they received from Ministry of Tourism grant via the TTFA. As a result, I recommend the submission of presented documentation to the authorities for their review.”

A letter was sent by Phillips on June 2, 2014, to Cavelle Regis George of Nissi Tours in Marabella, regarding the TTFA’s appropriation of $2.1 million to Nissi Tours. Phillips requested an audited report clearly explaining how Nissi Tours spent the funds sourced from the State as well as the funds realised and recognized from the public sale of the Argentina charter packages.

Part of the letter read: “The TTFA as a third party provider of services using said funds, the need for an accurate accounting of how those  funds are being appropriated is of utmost importance to our organisation.”

On Monday, the TTFA issued a release which stated: “The TTFA wishes to clarify that at an emergency executive committee meeting called by TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee on Sunday, (November 30) the committee agreed to accept Darren Millien’s offer to voluntarily withdraw his services until the issues surrounding the Argentina tour have been resolved.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
Is it me or does this not look good for Nissi Tours?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2014, 01:04:32 PM »

Nuh you alone soldya!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2014, 01:42:41 PM »
Having read this, I invite people to go back and look at how the incident was initially reported in Lasana's article...

TTFA awaits police report on missing $.4 million.
By Rhondor Dowlat (Guardian).

--------

Phillips said he chose not to comment further on the matter until the police presents their findings. On August 19, 2014, Phillips sent a Memorandum to the TTFA’s President Raymond Tim Kee, which the Sunday Guardian obtained. It brought to Tim Kee’s attention a series of concerns based upon the attached report submitted by Nissi Travel in relation to their coordination of our Argentina tour.

Phillips also included the general secretary Argentina Tour Report that was submitted to the executive committee. The claimed expenditure of $400,000 was never an approved expense. “The TTFA does not have a licencing fee structure in place to justify an expenditure of $400,000. Furthermore, and more troubling is that the claim of the alleged payment was described as a cash expenditure.”

Copies of the alleged receipts of $200,000, a piece as shown on pages 15 and 16 of the Nissi Tours and Travel Report, display two distinctly different signatures and both signatures on the receipt are acutely different from the signature of the individual Nissi Tours claims to have given the $400,000 in cash.

“I would also like to point your attention to page 17 of the Nissi Report, the folio for the Plaza Hotel. There is a considerable discrepancy on the total amount provided on page 17 compared to the expenditure amount as identified on page 2, line 9. In addition, the dates shown on the Plaza Hotel folio reflect a hotel stay from May 28 to June 6. The date of the Argentina was June 1-5.

“Based upon my findings and discussions, it appears Nissi Tours and Travel cannot justify their spend on a large portion of the funds they received from Ministry of Tourism grant via the TTFA. As a result, I recommend the submission of presented documentation to the authorities for their review.”

A letter was sent by Phillips on June 2, 2014, to Cavelle Regis George of Nissi Tours in Marabella, regarding the TTFA’s appropriation of $2.1 million to Nissi Tours. Phillips requested an audited report clearly explaining how Nissi Tours spent the funds sourced from the State as well as the funds realised and recognized from the public sale of the Argentina charter packages.

Part of the letter read: “The TTFA as a third party provider of services using said funds, the need for an accurate accounting of how those  funds are being appropriated is of utmost importance to our organisation.”

On Monday, the TTFA issued a release which stated: “The TTFA wishes to clarify that at an emergency executive committee meeting called by TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee on Sunday, (November 30) the committee agreed to accept Darren Millien’s offer to voluntarily withdraw his services until the issues surrounding the Argentina tour have been resolved.”

According to Lasana's article the TTFA was trying to "cover up" the missing money... when in fact from the documents the Guardian looked at, as far back as June the TTFA became suspicious and started looking into it.  Clearly something fishy went down in Argentina which roused their suspicions, prompting Phillips to call Nissi Tours on the mat to account for how they spent the money.  Then all of a sudden they start claiming these two mysterious cash transactions where the money was supposedly passed to Millien in some car park.  Lasana also say his sources sorry, Lennox Watson and Rudi Thomas, claim that Tim Kee keep it secret from the Executive Committee... yet the Guardian reporting that a report was sent to the ExCo on August 19.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:44:17 PM by Bakes »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2014, 01:48:23 PM »

This story remind me of ah time my mother send me tuh de shop to buy ah tin ah Trinidad Orange Juice. It was close to Christmas time and back then we used to pelt "Star Light" in the sky fuh Christmas.  I buy de orange juice and ah pack ah Star Light and gone back home.  When she ask mih about de change ah tell she dey raise de price ah de orange juice.  She blaze mih tail  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2014, 03:38:17 PM »

This story remind me of ah time my mother send me tuh de shop to buy ah tin ah Trinidad Orange Juice. It was close to Christmas time and back then we used to pelt "Star Light" in the sky fuh Christmas.  I buy de orange juice and ah pack ah Star Light and gone back home.  When she ask mih about de change ah tell she dey raise de price ah de orange juice.  She blaze mih tail  :rotfl: :rotfl:
boy, I try that one ahready(I went for paradise plum and chilibibi), would tell yuh it doh wuk..bet, yuh mom try it ahready too.. :rotfl: :rotfl:
add: ah tryin to send my kids to the store for years, now they to big...cycle bruk down
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:52:09 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2014, 04:25:29 PM »
boy, I try that one ahready(I went for paradise plum and chilibibi), would tell yuh it doh wuk..bet, yuh mom try it ahready too.. :rotfl: :rotfl:
add: ah tryin to send my kids to the store for years, now they to big...cycle bruk down

maxg, if ah did think about it ah woulda tell she ah fella pull up in ah Cressida and tell mih throw de change in de backseat (look he gimmih ah receipt mammy) ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2014, 05:18:49 PM »

maxg, if ah did think about it ah woulda tell she ah fella pull up in ah Cressida and tell mih throw de change in de backseat (look he gimmih ah receipt mammy) ;D
Cutass still book..that's why ah worried for poor Tiba..ppl say we vex with he,and he's the poor victim but how yuh go deposit 200K in a backseat.. Bank does make yuh jump thru hoop to take out over $2 K of your own money, u passing in backseat in carpark.. he lucky he didn't have to report that to my grandmother, big as he is, would be cuttail for he
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:22:10 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »
Cutass still book..that's why ah worried for poor Tiba..ppl say we vex with he,and he's the poor victim but how yuh go deposit 200K in a backseat.. Bank does make yuh jump thru hoop to take out over $2 K of your own money, u passing in backseat in carpark.. he lucky he didn't have to report that to my grandmother, big as he is, would be cuttail for he

Right!?  It really not looking good for him either way.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2014, 11:45:25 AM »
This smelling fishy...all dem concocted receipts pointing to an overbilling because they know it was government funds.  Where Lasana?  He losing all objectivity, as a supposed journalist.  He is no longer objective in his reporting, and clearly has a gripe.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2014, 11:52:13 AM »
I find this investigation taking too long. In TT, Commission of Inquiry, Fact Finding Mission, Police Investigation = No conclusions, plenty paperwork, culprit(s) get away.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2014, 01:39:22 PM »
I lost respect for Lasana when he claimed that the price of the tickets for the Women's WCQ was exorbiant. He doesn't trust anyone in the high seat after the Warner years which is understandable but it's as if until he gets someone he has chosen, noone is good enough! Don't get me wrong, I've got Tim Kee and Phillips under scrutiny  and don't like some of their moves but Lasana clearly has an axe to grind and lost objectivity. He's clearly touting some past nationals for the TTFA hierarchy and I wonder if/when they do get into power he'll be so critically biased.
Anyway bring on the new constitution; and democratic free and fair elections. 

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »
"Police Investigates :rotfl:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
So how's that investigation going?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »
So how's that investigation going?

Like all investigations no where.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »
Anyone surprised is Trinidad:  Millions spent to investigate the collapse of CF Financial and on a coup that happened in 1991, and a corrupt Life Sport program.  Anyone arrested and charged?  Nope.  This will fade away like a bad fart.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2014, 04:52:10 PM »
Anyone surprised is Trinidad:  Millions spent to investigate the collapse of CF Financial and on a coup that happened in 1991, and a corrupt Life Sport program.  Anyone arrested and charged?  Nope.  This will fade away like a bad fart.
beg to disagree, we will pay a bunch ah millions, to a fart disintegration crew, cause they using the latest technology, to break it apart and spread it around.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »

Possibly nothing has come of it, but there have been developments behind the scenes... including the commissioning of a handwriting expert by the TTFA, to examine the three signatures in controversy.  The report was forwarded to the police, so it's really up to them now.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2015, 05:30:57 PM »
still expecting a breakthrough soon...no really... after the next political Olympics maybe

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2015, 04:06:04 AM »
Atiba Charles and Darren Mullien should be in jail by now.

But like Sancho say, nothing will come out of it because Tim Kee weak.

:devil:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2015, 09:12:14 AM »
Atiba Charles and Darren Mullien should be in jail by now.

But like Sancho say, nothing will come out of it because Tim Kee weak.

:devil:

What yuh want Tim Kee to do about it... Tim Kee is de police?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2015, 09:54:47 AM »
He is de mayor, he cant get a police report in over 9 months?

If Kamla did pregnant she woulda make baby by now.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2015, 10:09:19 AM »
He is de mayor, he cant get a police report in over 9 months?

If Kamla did pregnant she woulda make baby by now.

Everything was turned over to the police since last year, including handwriting expert reports, not sure what else the TTFA could do.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2016, 08:06:31 AM »
The report in the mail ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2016, 08:13:53 AM »
still expecting a breakthrough soon...no really... after the next political Olympics maybe

:)

Well, you might have to settle for the end of the normal Olympics.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2016, 08:18:29 AM »

:)

Well, you might have to settle for the end of the normal Olympics.

2020 ?

1]; } ?>