April 26, 2024, 09:52:19 AM

Author Topic: National Team Footballers Dumped On The Sidelines  (Read 11029 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Team Footballers Dumped On The Sidelines
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2014, 11:44:18 AM »
If these issues are not highlighted, players will continue to lose out. I can not see how this release was caustic towards TTFA. It was carefully worded to ensure that we explained exactly what TTFA did and that there must be a problem at FIFA. The players, being frustrated and technically part time employees of TTFA have the right to voice their frustrations. We could have sent them off to Lasana, but if we did that, I'm sure the story would have been far more "caustic."  In order to maintain future relations, we sent out our own release.

As for not "getting it" , I think you really do understand what happened and why. If you somehow truly believe that a club should not enlist the support of it's association in an international issue, then fair enough. But just like an embassy or consulate would assist a citizen overseas, I feel it's reasonable to request that an F.A. utilises it's links to assist national team players, even if it's for it's own benefit.

Nothing wrong with enlisting the help of the FA, in fact it might be silly to have not.  However in this case Central relied exclusively on the FA, when there was more that Central could have done.  In fact, given the availability of the information on procedures, Central should have done the heavy lifting... not punt everything to the TTFA then throw your toys out the pram when they didn't move as quickly or effectively as you'd have liked.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Team Footballers Dumped On The Sidelines
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2020, 08:16:25 AM »
Terry Fenwick continues to flop in Belgium. CS Vise have now lost 10 of their 15 matches played to date even losing one match by 10 goals.

Fenwick who took charge of the Third division club which is a standard considered semiprofessional by some, seems to be having a stream of misfortune. Fenwick first order of business was to raid former club Central FC of four players; Willis Plaza, Rundell Winchester, Elton John and Kevon Villoreal.

After 3 months Plaza and Winchester were back in Trinidad, as the coach seemed to have failed on trying to serve as coach, agent and unofficial manger of the players.

Plaza and Winchester arrived in Belgium on one way tickets and no work permit, upon arrival the work permits where settled which allowed the players to play after a couple weeks of not being able to. However, things never got better; accommodation was not up to par, the duo even went days without electricity due to unpaid household bills by the club.

Car and wages were a few other empty promises that were never fulfilled, even though the players had no drivers license. After months of being frustrated despite having 4 to 6 excellent games, both returned home on flights paid for by a third party, and to add insult to injury, the signed in French settlement contracts didn't state want they were told it stated.

Plaza claimed “I was told by the club's translator and Fenwick that the contract stated I would be paid for the months I played and it was terminated due to the club's inability to pay".

The contract when translated in fact stated that the player left due to personal reasons and that the club owes nothing to the player.

Plaza and Winchester are rumored to be back with Central FC and Villaroel and John to return home soon. The player’s failed Belgium outing is an eye opener to other players thinking about plying their trade abroad solely on promises and not done in a professional and ethical manner.

I hope lessons were learned

1]; } ?>