April 18, 2024, 07:22:17 AM

Author Topic: National Team Footballers Dumped On The Sidelines  (Read 10944 times)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Team Footballers Dumped On The Sidelines
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 02:36:07 PM »
Come now Football Supporter. Fenwick not staying anywhere, if he is not getting paid. I assume Plaza & Winchester had agents, it is the agents who should have looked
after translators and lawyers for the players contracts. Now all of a sudden the Belgium deal falls through and its TTFA who must clean up the mess. Technically the Pro League window is closed until January.
Ques: Did Central FC get paid for the Players?
Did the agents collect on the transfer?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »
Spot on maxg. 

At any rate FS, it's only one more month until the January window, but if you guys want to press the issue I think the place to start would be to check to see if an International Transfer Certificate was requested by the TTFA of the Belgian FA.  That failing, see if the process could be expedited so as to avoid going to the Players' Status Committee.  If not, then at least now you have their contact info  ;)

But again, only 4 more weeks until this naturally resolves, so...

It seems that all we can do is wait.....which is why the press release was issued. Although some feel the release was not called for, we wanted to highlight the situation so that players and the public understand that things aren't always clear cut. Not only have these guys lost their income, Central have lost the services of a player for half a season. Maybe we can get compensation, but we would rather have had the points they may have secured. Also, the national team has lost the ability to call them. Who knows, maybe these two players could have made a difference against Jamaica (even if it was only to give key players a rest during the tournament?)

The situation is unfair to both players and club who have acted in good faith. While the compensatory aspects were being resolved, the players should have been allowed to continue their careers.

If we now find a better, more streamlined method of helping players in the future, then the release served it's purpose.

MaxG, are you really saying that you should never complain if your not satisfied? Is that your concept of free speech and democracy? If your BigMac is cold, you just eat it because you don't want them to spit in your next burger? How would things ever improve if we're afraid to raise our hands? Maybe Sheldon thought he'd done a great job, and now he may think: hmmm, perhaps I could have done this or tried that to help speed things along.

A complaint is an opportunity to shine. While Elan's "press release" is a little flowery, such a release from TTFA would be a positive P.R. move, especially in the current spell of negative press.   
No sir, I never said don't complain if you are not satisfied. I am saying diplomacy as well as offering a personal helping hand may in some cases have more benefit to all parties results and success. Not just dropping it in their lap and cuss them when things not go my way. Especially when I can't just go to another business entity to get my product or satisfaction. Hell, I will sit with them at their offices and help them draft the necessary items. I'll help them remake the burger if need be, that way, I also on hand to MAKE SURE they doh spit in it. ;D
Sure complain, but since we all in this together then why not work together. Otherwise, you just also complaining about your inability to do more. For the same reasons, I prefer to make meh own burgers if I still don't feel McDonalds (prefer Wendy's) not giving me my worth.
Unfortunately in this case, you obviously couldn't take your business elsewhere, so I suggesting work with them. Not "btw, TTFA allyuh bunch ah inept crooks, allyuh doh do shit, help we nah !" Maybe, I to soft, but ah does get bye by giving.  :-[
add: Of course if your intention is to show them up for what they might be, and the results/successes/failures is btw, then your course of action may be in order.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:58:33 PM by maxg »

Offline Narada

• New Warrior
  • Football is a science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »
Good day to all sorry for my late input, Plaza was under us TBL when this deal came on the table. I must say the hardest thing we have face is confidence of Caribbean players to agencies. All our business in South american and USA and europe is easy as the culture and understanding is different. I always say Coaches, Presidents Managers only interest is the club and Agents, Players rep only the player. A coach decided to act as manager, agent etc and messed up a deal. Our team advised Plaza to not sign and not to go. A one way ticket was purchased and said to be a return, A car was promised, and a contract signed stating the player would received was signed when in truth it said the opposite. On our team persons speak various languages and we have two top lawyers to assist. However when people act dishonestly these things happen them blame should fall on the man that acted irresponsibly. We will continue to try with local players but as most can see the numbers we have a way less than the foreign we worked with due to lack of understanding by most. The Federation also has a responsibility to act on the players behalf when something like this happens. I didnt read all the comments so hope I am not repeating stuff said. Just trying to give an idea of how the deal went. Players were called to show documents to Plaza behind our back. Work permit was said to be settled when it wasnt. It was a situation that opened my eyes to the type of person we were dealing with but I can say Plaza will be back because now he has learnt. 3rd division is no place for him and let your team seek your interest first and approve it, i must say i was disappointed but again as I mentioned to FS an others all these happenings are new to our region and we need to use them to create laws and by laws for football..Bosman and Pele Law came out of scenarios like these, we may need a Plaza law and Garcia law too.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2014, 06:56:08 PM »
That moving bundle you see... is Fenwick neatly being rolled under the bus LOL

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2014, 07:26:50 PM »
Come now Football Supporter. Fenwick not staying anywhere, if he is not getting paid. I assume Plaza & Winchester had agents, it is the agents who should have looked
after translators and lawyers for the players contracts. Now all of a sudden the Belgium deal falls through and its TTFA who must clean up the mess. Technically the Pro League window is closed until January.
Ques: Did Central FC get paid for the Players?
Did the agents collect on the transfer?

Plaza was a free agent and made his own decision, as did Elton John and Villaroel. We had no input, never saw any of their contracts or were involved in any way with their deals. Similarly, we received no transfer fee as they were not our players.

Winchester was a transfer. He wanted to go to Belgium as he believed that working with Terry Fenwick would help his adjustment overseas. He had no agent because he didn't feel that he needed one. We gave him some advice, but his contract was ultimately his business. We were supposed to receive a transfer fee in three tranches, but the due date of the first payment passed and eventually, as discussions with various people at Vise, brought him back.

Despite what well meaning people say, the only way to obtain an ITC is by placing the data on FIFA's TMS system (which we did) and then requesting TTFA to approach the Belgian F.A. to confirm that the players had no commitment to Vise (which we believe TTFA did).

Although the window is closed, FIFA are able (with the support of TTFA) to allow a provisional registration. This is where we are now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »
Although the window is closed, FIFA are able (with the support of TTFA) to allow a provisional registration. This is where we are now.

This is where I believe you're going wrong... when FIFA's Legal Office spoke of  ... with the support of the “competent deciding authority”, they weren't speaking of the TTFA, but the Players' Status Committee.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »

This is where I believe you're going wrong... when FIFA's Legal Office spoke of  ... with the support of the “competent deciding authority”, they weren't speaking of the TTFA, but the Players' Status Committee.

Not according to Sheldon. He claimed that TTFA was the "competent deciding authority” and then created a form which he believed would allow the Pro League to register the players.

This is where the wheels came off. As I readily admitted, Central are inexperienced in these matters so we looked for guidance. As you pointed out, it's a learning curve for everyone, but it is the players and Central F.C. who are paying the financial cost of the lesson.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
Not according to Sheldon. He claimed that TTFA was the "competent deciding authority” and then created a form which he believed would allow the Pro League to register the players.

This is where the wheels came off. As I readily admitted, Central are inexperienced in these matters so we looked for guidance. As you pointed out, it's a learning curve for everyone, but it is the players and Central F.C. who are paying the financial cost of the lesson.

Honestly, not that I'm not sympathetic but the cry is starting to ring hollow.  The players are in that predicament because it appears that the advice they followed was not sound (I don't know).  Central is paying the financial cost because your organization willingly decided to pay the players.  Let's be honest, it wasn't an act of altruism that made you pay the players, you did it because you didn't want any other teams trying to sign them, no?  The contract situation in Belgium made them free agents, and if there was a way to get them re-registered in TnT, Central wanted to be first in line.

The wheels came off when the players contracts were breached/terminated after the transfer window.  It's always a difficult process from what I've seen to get a mid-season provisional registration.  That could only come from the PSC. The regs are all there, it just takes some effort to read thru the verbiage. Just follow the link from the FIFA regs post I made and see for yourself, I simplified it so folks could follow along.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2014, 11:34:26 PM »
So correct me if ah wrong..the players take a chance and try ah thing, trusting only in Mr. Fenwick. Who himself thought he was giving them an opportunity. However, as far as the business aspect went, it was a lot of misunderstanding, and the club say, eh eh, that ain't the deal we wha make..so the boys end up stranded.
 Plaza wasn't Central player, but Winchester was, and for him there was a transfer, but no payment, no contract, so transfer revoked, however, you decide out of the goodness of your heart, and a little business sense to bail them out, by putting them on your books, with them actually paying the club back, in the hopeful near future, through their trade. Subsequently, you bring them an put them on your payroll, before you had permission to use them. Ok. Very commendable, especially them being National players. I feel though, that bring home part should of been handled by tTFA or the government, as national players and Citizens of TT in a dire Situation, but the club handled it, this is great. But to put them on your payroll, before they could do the work for you..hmmmnnnn.. Above and beyond the call of duty..
ok, you did.. You know the procedure (now) of what needed to be done, and you believe it was, however, you complaining, because it not moving fast enough, and you paying the boys.. So if TTFA stomp they foot harder, and write a couple more letters, and the FIFA body decide, them not jumping for no deposed , despicable ex-president lil country.. Then obviously another Fifa body needs to be contacted, however, that run around will probably take even more time for that case to be heard..so in the meanwhile, you made a contract with the players  before they could work for you ? Or you just helping them out ..
I think in doing the good stuff, may not necessarily be the right thing.. I was sorry to read somewhere, " all the boys want to do a play football". What, are they tots! They not going to learn anything, haven't y'all..or is it all yuh want them to do, is play for our team. I understand the frustration in making it happen, I don't understand the contracting them, without having what is necessary to contract them. How many. Young men in TT who are very good, just want to play football, will you pay them, or u can't use them all ?
Nb: I'm not attacking or questioning your deed or intentions, just trying to come to terms with what is. Please keep trying, I think we need them on our National team. Btw, did they receive any back pay for past games as well.or TTFA blank them with that ?

Add: just read Bakes post, we not exchanging notes, just having similar views on what is presented.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:39:03 PM by maxg »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2014, 12:48:02 AM »
So is this Vise Club still operational? If this club abandoned who are these players transferring from? Who putting in the papers, BFA?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2014, 05:06:06 AM »
So correct me if ah wrong..the players take a chance and try ah thing, trusting only in Mr. Fenwick. Who himself thought he was giving them an opportunity. However, as far as the business aspect went, it was a lot of misunderstanding, and the club say, eh eh, that ain't the deal we wha make..so the boys end up stranded.
 Plaza wasn't Central player, but Winchester was, and for him there was a transfer, but no payment, no contract, so transfer revoked, however, you decide out of the goodness of your heart, and a little business sense to bail them out, by putting them on your books, with them actually paying the club back, in the hopeful near future, through their trade. Subsequently, you bring them an put them on your payroll, before you had permission to use them. Ok. Very commendable, especially them being National players. I feel though, that bring home part should of been handled by tTFA or the government, as national players and Citizens of TT in a dire Situation, but the club handled it, this is great. But to put them on your payroll, before they could do the work for you..hmmmnnnn.. Above and beyond the call of duty..
ok, you did.. You know the procedure (now) of what needed to be done, and you believe it was, however, you complaining, because it not moving fast enough, and you paying the boys.. So if TTFA stomp they foot harder, and write a couple more letters, and the FIFA body decide, them not jumping for no deposed , despicable ex-president lil country.. Then obviously another Fifa body needs to be contacted, however, that run around will probably take even more time for that case to be heard..so in the meanwhile, you made a contract with the players  before they could work for you ? Or you just helping them out ..
I think in doing the good stuff, may not necessarily be the right thing.. I was sorry to read somewhere, " all the boys want to do a play football". What, are they tots! They not going to learn anything, haven't y'all..or is it all yuh want them to do, is play for our team. I understand the frustration in making it happen, I don't understand the contracting them, without having what is necessary to contract them. How many. Young men in TT who are very good, just want to play football, will you pay them, or u can't use them all ?
Nb: I'm not attacking or questioning your deed or intentions, just trying to come to terms with what is. Please keep trying, I think we need them on our National team. Btw, did they receive any back pay for past games as well.or TTFA blank them with that ?

Add: just read Bakes post, we not exchanging notes, just having similar views on what is presented.

Much of your assessment is correct. However, we did not do this blindly. We took advice from Dexter Skeene and Sheldon Phillips. There has been issues in the past with registering free agents with the Pro League outside of the transfer window. In this instance, Skeene said they would be allowed once they receive their ITC. Sheldon told us that there shouldn't be any problems (although I think I recall that Winchester should have been more straight forward). The players were only given contracts once we had received the "provisional registration" from TTFA as a player cannot be registered without a contract.

While we wanted to help the lads, this is still business. Winchester was still our player, technically, and Plaza is simply the best striker in T&T, so, yeah, it benefitted us. But no one else was stepping forward. TTFA would not have had the finance to help but perhaps the Govt may have assisted if the story was in the news.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2014, 08:40:08 AM »
FS, I feel your pain, but beware of depending on the govt to do things for sport. Yes, they help in their own good time. But this comes with caveat. We know in the UK , govt, conservatives or liberal, will make it a duty to assist sports. They see it for the national good as a whole. But in TT, everything comes with strings attached. This goes for the two major parties.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:42:42 AM by Deeks »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2014, 08:47:48 AM »
FS, I feel your pain, but beware of depending on the govt to do things for sport. Yes, they help in their own good time. But this comes with caveat. We know in the UK , govt, conservatives or liberal, will make it a duty to assist sports. They see it for the national good as a whole. But in TT, everything comes with strings attached. This goes for the two major parties.

Which is why we didn't approach the govt!!

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2014, 09:27:22 AM »

Much of your assessment is correct. However, we did not do this blindly. We took advice from Dexter Skeene and Sheldon Phillips. There has been issues in the past with registering free agents with the Pro League outside of the transfer window. In this instance, Skeene said they would be allowed once they receive their ITC. Sheldon told us that there shouldn't be any problems (although I think I recall that Winchester should have been more straight forward). The players were only given contracts once we had received the "provisional registration" from TTFA as a player cannot be registered without a contract.

While we wanted to help the lads, this is still business. Winchester was still our player, technically, and Plaza is simply the best striker in T&T, so, yeah, it benefitted us. But no one else was stepping forward. TTFA would not have had the finance to help but perhaps the Govt may have assisted if the story was in the news.

So you're saying that Central FC long game is to have the government indirectly bail out your team (a private entity) with tax payers money, putting the issues of two national players public domain by embarrassing the TTFA, which is already cash strapped. Central FC needs to handle its own business.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 10:01:14 AM »
Tdot, If that was Central intention, they would have jumped up an down since Anil was helping out every other team and not Central, and most importantly, have a case.
On the government issue, this would not be about sport, this would have been under Foreign office.  The Government (both TT & Belgium)just need to be made know of the suffrage, even in the media.
On the football and TTFA issue.
"The players were only given contracts once we had received the "provisional registration" from TTFA as a player cannot be registered without a contract." 
So you must have gotten this quick (from TTFA), cause you say you been paying/minding them since they back.
You know the stuff is in with FIFA (I assumed you double checked) although since you and all couldn't find an email address(so you couldn't be cc'd), you should have been sent copies.Let's give TTFA benefit of the doubt, they sent the letters. You or Dexter can verify this. TTFA could have followed up with letters as players are in the National setup, maybe they did, maybe they didn't. That to could be verified by the president of the Pro League. The ppl say January transfer window.. but is this bolded part below, I don't get..so why you saying out loud..press release and all
"I have no idea what actions TTFA took other than the contact made with FIFA's legal dept. I did request copies of all correspondence, but still have not received any."

I get, without knowing anymore, they(TTFA) did all they were supposed to do from the sound of things, cause you paying the boys for awhile..so they did it fast too. So it didn't go your way, you say they could have done more ? It was out of TTFA hands from the get go. All they can do is write, we don't have no VP sitting up there no more. We better get used to that.
as I said before
" I understand the frustration in making it happen, I don't understand the contracting them, without having what is necessary to contract them.'
Obviously the provisional contract wasn't enough to put them to give them the job. I don't know much about these things, thus learning. But there are such things as letter of commitment/intent etc..even advanced downpayment, signing bonus..but yuh don't pay someone on your books now for a job they will do next year..unless yuh writing it off as goodwill or something so... yet, there is many amazing projects you are doing that with as goodwill.. don't think you can claim possible future footballers presently out of work or luck as an item.
which brings me back to a previous question
". Btw, did they receive any back pay for past games as well.or TTFA blank them with that ?

then we have something to deal with the TTFA about, but not what the press release was about.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 12:40:08 PM by maxg »

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2014, 10:25:48 AM »
Terry Fenwick continues to flop in Belgium. CS Vise have now lost 10 of their 15 matches played to date even losing one match by 10 goals.

Fenwick who took charge of the Third division club which is a standard considered semiprofessional by some, seems to be having a stream of misfortune. Fenwick first order of business was to raid former club Central FC of four players; Willis Plaza, Rundell Winchester, Elton John and Kevon Villoreal.

After 3 months Plaza and Winchester were back in Trinidad, as the coach seemed to have failed on trying to serve as coach, agent and unofficial manger of the players.

Plaza and Winchester arrived in Belgium on one way tickets and no work permit, upon arrival the work permits where settled which allowed the players to play after a couple weeks of not being able to. However, things never got better; accommodation was not up to par, the duo even went days without electricity due to unpaid household bills by the club.

Car and wages were a few other empty promises that were never fulfilled, even though the players had no drivers license. After months of being frustrated despite having 4 to 6 excellent games, both returned home on flights paid for by a third party, and to add insult to injury, the signed in French settlement contracts didn't state want they were told it stated.

Plaza claimed “I was told by the club's translator and Fenwick that the contract stated I would be paid for the months I played and it was terminated due to the club's inability to pay".

The contract when translated in fact stated that the player left due to personal reasons and that the club owes nothing to the player.

Plaza and Winchester are rumored to be back with Central FC and Villaroel and John to return home soon. The player’s failed Belgium outing is an eye opener to other players thinking about plying their trade abroad solely on promises and not done in a professional and ethical manner.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
T&T football have no improvement to make none, nil, nada. SMFH   :frustrated:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2014, 11:21:44 AM »

So you're saying that Central FC long game is to have the government indirectly bail out your team (a private entity) with tax payers money, putting the issues of two national players public domain by embarrassing the TTFA, which is already cash strapped. Central FC needs to handle its own business.

No, I am not saying that. Somebody else questioned whether the gov't should help. I replied that "perhaps the Govt may have assisted if the story was in the news." And, whatever you may believe, TTFA are the representative body of T&T football and have direct links to FIFA and other associations. One would conclude that requesting help from TTFA is the logical and appropriate step. The only way TTFA could possibly be embarrassed is if they did not do what they said they have done. Sheldon may be slightly miffed because the players feel he should have done more. But that accusation is easy to defend and should not cause problems. In fact Central offered to lend TTFA their portable defibrillator for tonight's game so that the team doctor has use of it if necessary.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »

In fact Central offered to lend TTFA their portable defibrillator for tonight's game so that the team doctor has use of it if necessary.

Thank you FS and Central Football Club   :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »

In fact Central offered to lend TTFA their portable defibrillator for tonight's game so that the team doctor has use of it if necessary.

Thank you FS and Central Football Club   :applause: :applause: :applause:

???

I hope this game will have on site, besides normal stadium staffing, proper security, crowd control staff and the always necessary emergency medical response teams on hand, as should be necessary at every major event involving major crowds. Especially when we are hosting a foreign team/contingent.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 12:59:55 PM by maxg »

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:56 AM »
I remember a few months ago, Central FC did the same with a player from the US, I think his name is Roopie.

Payback is a bitch.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2014, 01:09:02 PM »
I remember a few months ago, Central FC did the same with a player from the US, I think his name is Roopie.

Payback is a bitch.

Wha? Central loaned Roopie to the Women's national team?  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »
Fs, u missed my 2nd to last post, or was it just incomprehensible, or no comment ?  :-\

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
Tdot, If that was Central intention, they would have jumped up an down since Anil was helping out every other team and not Central, and most importantly, have a case.
On the government issue, this would not be about sport, this would have been under Foreign office.  The Government (both TT & Belgium)just need to be made know of the suffrage, even in the media.
On the football and TTFA issue.
"The players were only given contracts once we had received the "provisional registration" from TTFA as a player cannot be registered without a contract." 
So you must have gotten this quick (from TTFA), cause you say you been paying/minding them since they back.
You know the stuff is in with FIFA (I assumed you double checked) although since you and all couldn't find an email address(so you couldn't be cc'd), you should have been sent copies.Let's give TTFA benefit of the doubt, they sent the letters. You or Dexter can verify this. TTFA could have followed up with letters as players are in the National setup, maybe they did, maybe they didn't. That to could be verified by the president of the Pro League. The ppl say January transfer window.. but is this bolded part below, I don't get..so why you saying out loud..press release and all
"I have no idea what actions TTFA took other than the contact made with FIFA's legal dept. I did request copies of all correspondence, but still have not received any."

I get, without knowing anymore, they(TTFA) did all they were supposed to do from the sound of things, cause you paying the boys for awhile..so they did it fast too. So it didn't go your way, you say they could have done more ? It was out of TTFA hands from the get go. All they can do is write, we don't have no VP sitting up there no more. We better get used to that.
as I said before
" I understand the frustration in making it happen, I don't understand the contracting them, without having what is necessary to contract them.'
Obviously the provisional contract wasn't enough to put them to give them the job. I don't know much about these things, thus learning. But there are such things as letter of commitment/intent etc..even advanced downpayment, signing bonus..but yuh don't pay someone on your books now for a job they will do next year..unless yuh writing it off as goodwill or something so... yet, there is many amazing projects you are doing that with as goodwill.. don't think you can claim possible future footballers presently out of work or luck as an item.
which brings me back to a previous question
". Btw, did they receive any back pay for past games as well.or TTFA blank them with that ?

then we have something to deal with the TTFA about, but not what the press release was about.

In order to register the players with TT Pro League, you have to provide a contract. The "provisional registration" happened around early Nov, I believe. Before that, the guys had pre contract agreements. But, since September, we have helped them financially and with accommodation.

"I have no idea what actions TTFA took other than the contact made with FIFA's legal dept. I did request copies of all correspondence, but still have not received any."  As Bakes pointed out, we are inexperienced in the workings of FIFA. Yes, Pro League can advise us, but this is really something that needs Association support. If we had copies of correspondence, then we could follow up the original contact. Otherwise, I have no clue who is aware of the situation at FIFA. It's a bit like making an insurance claim. If you randomly phone the company you have to start the whole process from the beginning, but if you have a name on a letter, at least you can converse on the same page.

I don't understand the contracting them, without having what is necessary to contract them.'  We can contract them at any time, but we can't register them to play without an ITC. We were informed that once we received the "provisional registration" from TTFA, the players could register with the Pro League. In order to register with the Pro League we needed to provide a contract. Our mistake was to send everything together. We should have submitted the TTFA "provisional registration" first. However, why would we have any concern about the TTFA registration?

". Btw, did they receive any back pay for past games as well.or TTFA blank them with that ?  I have no idea. But it appeared to me that it was only the Caribbean Cup squad who were paid. I seem to recall someone saying that there is still money owed to other players by TTFA.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2014, 07:52:53 AM »
Unfortunately, with all that I understand, I still don't see the strategy behind publicly publishing the players frustration admonishing the TTFA, when the issue is obviously FIFA. Unless you are absolutely certain, ttfa didn't send the necessary letters. meanwhile doing everything else they had to do in a timely fashion. however, I don't see why they wouldn't since the boys could have had a positive effect on Natnl team selections.
Unless u implying then, TTFA don't give a hoot about Natnl team, and trying to mess up the boys or Central. Would that be in TTFA best interest, given the re-establishing of communication and friendship with positive team building and team successes, and indirectly assisting ppl with getting what's due to them( including Sanch et 2006 players) ? They getting ppl paid, but I think, what they did(as TTFF) may always and never be enough. So much so, ppl might see them walking and hoping for them to learn to run, but will say, they trying to run cause they thief something. Trip them, so we can check.  :D ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2014, 09:13:16 AM »
People need to look at the timeline of all of this as well, during that period of September to November, the TTFA was dealing with a series of critical events related both the Senior Men's and Women's teams, namely the CFU Tournaments for both, and the World Cup Qualification for the Women. 

Now any properly-funded, properly-staffed FA would be able to delegate different responsibilities to properly-trained subordinates and have them liaise with FIFA etc.  But at the time all of this was going on Waldrum was tweeting how "TnT sent the players to Dallas with only $500", and fair or foul, everybody was cussing the TTFA for "embarrassing we."  They was supposed to stop what they were doing to do Central's job for them?  Again, I'm not trying to 'have a go' at Central's management, but your inexperience notwithstanding, in 10 minutes I was able to search the internet ("FIFA player transfer regulations") and found the document online.  I also found the same contact info for Players Status Committee that you said you couldn't get. 

People like to accuse me of being "mouthpiece" for the TTFA or what not, but it eh have nutten to do with that.  When they mess up they need to be properly called on the mat for it, but instead I seeing people trying their best to change things for the better, and only getting shit up in the court of public opinion for their efforts.  Not everything is their fault... people just used to reflexively blaming them for everything that goes wrong without really looking at the situation objectively.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »
People need to look at the timeline of all of this as well, during that period of September to November, the TTFA was dealing with a series of critical events related both the Senior Men's and Women's teams, namely the CFU Tournaments for both, and the World Cup Qualification for the Women. 

Now any properly-funded, properly-staffed FA would be able to delegate different responsibilities to properly-trained subordinates and have them liaise with FIFA etc.  But at the time all of this was going on Waldrum was tweeting how "TnT sent the players to Dallas with only $500", and fair or foul, everybody was cussing the TTFA for "embarrassing we."  They was supposed to stop what they were doing to do Central's job for them?  Again, I'm not trying to 'have a go' at Central's management, but your inexperience notwithstanding, in 10 minutes I was able to search the internet ("FIFA player transfer regulations") and found the document online.  I also found the same contact info for Players Status Committee that you said you couldn't get. 

People like to accuse me of being "mouthpiece" for the TTFA or what not, but it eh have nutten to do with that.  When they mess up they need to be properly called on the mat for it, but instead I seeing people trying their best to change things for the better, and only getting shit up in the court of public opinion for their efforts.  Not everything is their fault... people just used to reflexively blaming them for everything that goes wrong without really looking at the situation objectively.

I agree completely that this was a busy time. In fact, I think I made the point myself somewhere that TTFA is understaffed.
The contact info for PSC was a fax number, as mentioned before. Which is why we asked TTFA to send the letter along with their support.

The only criticism of Sheldon was that perhaps he could have done more to push the matter along. Again, as I've mentioned elsewhere, Sheldon could easily have answered in the manner that you have. That still does not mean that the club, Plaza or Winchester would have been happy, but it would explain the TTFA side.

The release clearly laid the blame at the feet of FIFA and it's red tape, not TTFA.

The only other query was that when requested by Central F.C., TTFA did not send copies of the correspondence with FIFA/Belgian F.A.  This would have been useful, as Central could pursue the matter directly by referencing the correspondence and, therefore, let TTFA get on with their other tasks.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
FS, your response tells me that you still don't get it.  I am sure that I could probably pick up the phone and call FIFA headquarters and get a phone number for the Dispute Resolution Chamber.  If confirmed that fax was all that they used then I would have gone to some local print and copy shop and pay the $20-$30 TTD whatever it was to fax the inquiry to FIFA.

That aside, you insist that the release "clearly" laid the blame at the feet of FIFA, but that's not the case.  You gave the players a platform which to bash the TTFA under the banner of Central FC.  The impression from the release was the the TTFA wasn't doing enough to help.  Don't believe me?  I invite you to take a look at the initial responses to the thread and see who's being blamed/talked about... hint, it's not FIFA.

Whatever the situation, keep this link handy for future reference.  In the upper right are links to Rules and Procedures for the PSC and Dispute Resolution Chamber and Regulations governing Player Transfers

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »
And that is all ppl saying, the press release was improper and possibly maybe caustic to future relations, is all. But like FS showing he Trini side ;)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2014, 10:39:34 AM »
And that is all ppl saying, the press release was improper and possibly maybe caustic to future relations, is all. But like FS showing he Trini side ;)

If these issues are not highlighted, players will continue to lose out. I can not see how this release was caustic towards TTFA. It was carefully worded to ensure that we explained exactly what TTFA did and that there must be a problem at FIFA. The players, being frustrated and technically part time employees of TTFA have the right to voice their frustrations. We could have sent them off to Lasana, but if we did that, I'm sure the story would have been far more "caustic."  In order to maintain future relations, we sent out our own release.

As for not "getting it" , I think you really do understand what happened and why. If you somehow truly believe that a club should not enlist the support of it's association in an international issue, then fair enough. But just like an embassy or consulate would assist a citizen overseas, I feel it's reasonable to request that an F.A. utilises it's links to assist national team players, even if it's for it's own benefit.

1]; } ?>