March 28, 2024, 02:32:14 AM

Author Topic: T&T football :The final third attacking and the final defensive third thread  (Read 1682 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Until the men and women teams solve this Plague  they will not achieve any success going forward.

Dec 2nd and Nov 19th two dates that will never be forgotten.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:00:16 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: T&T football the final third thread
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »
The women played well and overall were better than Ecuador and creadted more chances but our final ball was lacking most of the game.

Our strikers did not have a good day at the office today. I think nerves affected them for most of the game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:11:27 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T football the final third thread
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 07:02:27 PM »
there are quite a few contributing factors that's responsible for this phenomenon the main contributing factor being development, not just development of skill level but mental development and development of the football psyche. our players tend to tire mentally especially if they're competing against staunch international competition. they compete well for 50 minutes then they burn out up stairs. there's also a lack of believe and that killer temperament which these things cannot be taught except by experts managers of men.

for years trinagonians has competed well in the region but outside the region they faulter and lack that extra push to get them over the line, with the operative word being overall development. we lose tournaments and competitive games not because we're not talented, for years i've been saying that talent got us to a number of these tournaments but talent alone don't cut it. we are indeed a very talent bunch but we need to groom and develop that amazing talent. we just can not continue to embarrass ourselves like this, we severely need top shelf development programs for our youngest athletes in order to compete well and eliminate these glaring faults. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: T&T football :The final third thread.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 07:24:49 PM »
mental development and development of the football psyche.   

Is not just football.  Is our team sports in general.  We lack the mental toughness (in general) to carry it through.

Some individual athletes have the requisite mental development to achieve individual honors, but our teams lack that component.

This is what makes the Soca Warriors of 2005/06 so special.  And to a lesser extent the Daren Ganga led T&T cricket teams.  They were able to buck that trend...although Ganga's team succumbed to this malaise at the final hurdle when well poised to take the inaugural World T20 Championship

I feel it for the players today.  They most definitely gave their all.....but it just wasn't good enough on the day.  Something that's too often been said about our teams on the big stages

Question....has a T&T National team ever won a major sporting title when playing at home?

We hosted the World Netball Championships in 1979 and couldn't beat New Zealand to win the title outright

We played the USA at home needing only a draw to proceed to the 1990 World Cup in Italy and lost

We hosted the U 17 world cup and couldn't draw a game

Our up to then dominant T20 cricket team playing at home lost to Guyana to concede a place in the World T20 Championship in South Africa   

Then there's today's result.

It's not a coincidence.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T football :The final third thread.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »
Everybody demanding athletes to be this and that, when in fact they are let down by those who are running the various associations. We can never see the 3 entities(associations, business, govt) come together to put a long term(at least 4 yrs) program into fruiton. There is always one entity not in sync with the other two.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Fish does rotten from the head.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree with the tech experts on this thread and would like to ass my two cents ... I still believe we need work on our passing ...in other words we have to learn to kick ( strike) the ball properly ...did you all notice how many times we gave the ball away unnecessarily ? how many more opportunities could have come our way with a better pass ?
The other factor was that the girls played too often with their heads down ...the defense played well especially " King " and the defender who made the Mascherano block to deny the ecuador forward ....it was as good as anything in the mens game ! However too many times we ran straight into opposing players as if we did not know they were there ...
It was the best I have seen a womans team look ...to bad it was not the time for us ..but we should spend some of the election money in keeping this coach ...
I gone

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
We do not play with and against top level competition often enough.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
More hindsight again: I know because of her injuries (and plenty plenty maturity), Maylee is almost a new player but I think not havin another player who can do her job with similar effectiveness, really hurt us.

I would have loved to see her play closer to goal as she has the sophistication to correct some of the problems we have in the attackin third.

We go again, as Warriors.
He Is Highly

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We do not play with and against top level competition often enough.

We doh play often enough, period! Plus, it look like we does only scout when is time for competition.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
mental development and development of the football psyche.   

Is not just football.  Is our team sports in general.  We lack the mental toughness (in general) to carry it through.

Some individual athletes have the requisite mental development to achieve individual honors, but our teams lack that component.

This is what makes the Soca Warriors of 2005/06 so special.  And to a lesser extent the Daren Ganga led T&T cricket teams.  They were able to buck that trend...although Ganga's team succumbed to this malaise at the final hurdle when well poised to take the inaugural World T20 Championship

I feel it for the players today.  They most definitely gave their all.....but it just wasn't good enough on the day.  Something that's too often been said about our teams on the big stages

Question....has a T&T National team ever won a major sporting title when playing at home?

We hosted the World Netball Championships in 1979 and couldn't beat New Zealand to win the title outright

We played the USA at home needing only a draw to proceed to the 1990 World Cup in Italy and lost

We hosted the U 17 world cup and couldn't draw a game

Our up to then dominant T20 cricket team playing at home lost to Guyana to concede a place in the World T20 Championship in South Africa   

Then there's today's result.

It's not a coincidence.

We do not focus on the psychological aspect of our being be it in sport or in life.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More hindsight again: I know because of her injuries (and plenty plenty maturity), Maylee is almost a new player but I think not havin another player who can do her job with similar effectiveness, really hurt us.

I would have loved to see her play closer to goal as she has the sophistication to correct some of the problems we have in the attackin third.

We go again, as Warriors.
Wish list: Can get another stopper and have King playing Central midfield with Johnson. I think Hutchinson could do it.

1]; } ?>