March 29, 2024, 02:18:17 AM

Author Topic: Shawn Fuentes  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Shawn Fuentes
« on: December 01, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »
Our Youtube channel, the quality of interviews, highlights and post/pre match coverage are still at the same quality as it was.

Is everyone happy with Mr.Fuentes work ethics? The time it takes to publish videos, the questions and manner in which he does interviews?

I have suggestions, tryout new people, get Mr.Fuentes some help, especially with editing.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:07:28 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shawn Fuentes
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »

Is everyone happy with Mr.Fuentes work ethics? The time it takes to publish videos, the questions and manner in which he does interviews?

Are we a high school team or a soccer mom video taping our kids after school? If no it certainly is viewed as such.

I have suggestions, tryout new people, get Mr.Fuentes some help, especially with editing. .

All that needs money & TTFA have not been paying office staff, have no phones working or fax. And you expect a first class website  ??? we lucky we not getting Morse Code
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:05:01 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »

Morse Code
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:05:22 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 03:10:34 PM »
Loo lawd - I agree for too long we have accepted mediocrity and used lack of funding for poor quality. Having said that, I need to applause a man who is a one man unit trying to prove with bare bones , low morale and a old camcorder!!!

Ps   Wait nah we ranking  above Tasmania? Lol  :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 04:00:59 PM »
It's true there could be improvement in different areas but I am pleased with his work ethic in bringing us all the interviews and training videos with keeping in mind the budget the TTFF has at their disposal. So yes I can see where there can be improvements but I have to commend the man and his staff for working daily to bring the team closer to the fans. Also we can see how they have tried different things t stay creative.

There will always be room for improvement, this is always going to be trial and error.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 04:13:59 PM »
Even though it's Fuentes who is doing the videos etc., your comments should be more or less directed towards the TTFA and their lack of a dedicated Multimedia department. Fuentes shouldn't really have to be filming and editing videos, but has to do it because of the barebones operation. It may not be the most professional thing under the sun, but believe it or not, we've still come a long way.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 04:36:59 PM »
Thanks Tallman. We the public don't have any idea of any Multimedia department, if Mr.Shawn is indeed "not paid" or even if there is any assistance to him at all. What we can see though, is the end product, which in my opinion isn't adequate or gives our football, players and TTFA the quality expected at this level. Look at Jamaica for example (with even more economic problems than we have).

If is one thing Trinidad have is talented individuals when it comes to using fraps, photoshop and 3d model designs. I work with some of them online and most of them do it for fun, they would jump at any opportunity to enhance the media front in the TTFA via vids. Anything to help out football. I can also help... We can set up fund raiser events, donate via paypal. It just seems no one in the TTFA have any ideas of how to bring in any income, no accountability and lies upon lies, then fire those in the middle because they are not doing their jobs.

I don't know where to go for clarity on this, and or if my opinion is even shared on such a scale for changes to be made. This is my opinion and this isn't shared by SWO online (to clear this up).

Edit: I don't want this topic to be a "Bash Shawn" or "Flame the TTFA" topic. Lets see if we can formulate some sort of solution or give suggestions to help preserve his job and improve the quality of the media he produces.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:00:04 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 04:50:35 PM »
Thanks Tallman. We the public don't have any idea of any Multimedia department, if Mr.Shawn is indeed "not paid" or even if there is any assistance to him at all. What we can see though, is the end product, which in my opinion isn't adequate or gives our football, players and TTFA the quality expected at this level. Look at Jamaica for example (with even more economic problems than we have).

If is one thing Trinidad have is talented individuals when it comes to using fraps, photoshop and 3d model designs. I work with some of them online and most of them do it for fun, they would jump at any opportunity to enhance the media front in the TTFA via vids. Anything to help out football. I can also help... We can set up fund raiser events, donate via paypal. It just seems no one in the TTFA have any ideas of how to bring in any income, no accountability and lies upon lies, then fire those in the middle because they are not doing their jobs.

I don't know where to go for clarity on this, and or if my opinion is even shared on such a scale for changes to be made. This is my opinion and this isn't shared by SWO online (to clear this up).

I agree with you. We can do much better even with limited resources.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 04:51:39 PM »
The TTFA needs a few good writers. Flex and Lasana should be there.

Fuentes does good with his videos.

I guess this will explain a lot, the Guardian pays him and the TTFA doesn't, now I know why he writes more for them.

They should change his title then.

He controls all media for the TTFA.

How?

I remember him constantly giving SWO a hard time at games to get internet and media passes.

One of my good friends know him well and he bashes the TTFA at will.

Then again, he doesn't get paid, so what can we really expect.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 05:00:09 PM »
Suggestions for Shawn:
Get permission from the Ministry of Education to visit local schools with kids that are actively involved with media editing, offer them an internship, they can help you improve your skills as well as bring fresh ideas to the table. If they do well give them a job..
Get feedback from the public about the questions you ask players, staff, coaches etc, don't just ask the  questions that comes off the top of your head. Interview players from intercol, the young ladies from all age groups, the referees, expose important matters, do research. Tim Kee, Millien and others we want to hear what they have to say. It's not just about the players, staff and coaches.
Try to get a subscribe button from Youtube, so you can actively be contributing towards your own salary.
Stop pretending like some miracle will happen, this is your job, it is your duty to improve it, there is no one else.

Suggestions for TTFA:
TTFA is a business, the way the media presents your business can impact it in a positive and negative way. Marketing and Advertisement are two of the most important aspects to any successful business. You the TTFA must have a strategy in order to present your business to the public in a way you can profit from it.

Please if you have ideas

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
Suggestions for Shawn:
Get permission from the Ministry of Education to visit local schools with kids that are actively involved with media editing, offer them an internship, they can help you improve your skills as well as bring fresh ideas to the table. If they do well give them a job..
Get feedback from the public about the questions you ask players, staff, coaches etc, don't just ask the  questions that comes off the top of your head. Interview players from intercol, the young ladies from all age groups, the referees, expose important matters, do research. Tim Kee, Millien and others we want to hear what they have to say. It's not just about the players, staff and coaches.
Try to get a subscribe button from Youtube, so you can actively be contributing towards your own salary.
Stop pretending like some miracle will happen, this is your job, it is your duty to improve it, there is no one else.

Suggestions for TTFA:
TTFA is a business, the way the media presents your business can impact it in a positive and negative way. Marketing and Advertisement are two of the most important aspects to any successful business. You the TTFA must have a strategy in order to present your business to the public in a way you can profit from it.

Please if you have ideas
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 06:54:05 PM »
Suggestions for Shawn:

Suggestions for TTFA:

Please if you have ideas

Shaun Fuentes doesn't care about the TTFA... at least not this current incarnation, and it has nothing to do with the pay situation.  He was one of the people at the PM's office last month picking up a check, so he was caught up in the same slow pay as everybody else.  Fuentes chief benefactor not there anymore and he apparently not enjoying the same kind of "relationship" with the current admin as before, and that is a problem to him.  He not about to change anything.

In fairness to him, before he started making the vids, there was nothing.  I have my own issues with the videos, but I hesitate to criticize him, I think he's doing his best under the circumstances, but whether that best is up to snuff is another matter.  There's a problem of limited resources, so he doesn't have much to work with... but most significantly, when you build something from scratch (in this case the 'something'  is his process of producing the vids) it's hard for somebody to come tell you to do it differently.  Right or wrong, that's the situation.

As for the TTFA, I think they're well aware at this point that they need to bring on professionals to take over the media and PR functions.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 07:16:49 PM »
[quote aut
Our Youtube channel, the quality of interviews, highlights and post/pre match coverage are still at the same quality as it was.

I have suggestions, tryout new people, get Mr.Fuentes some help, especially with editing.

I appreciate the effort.

Is there room for improvement?   Of course.  But we have way bigger fish to fry IMO so I grateful for what we do get.

As far as improvement, the main thing that often gets me with the production is the constant music in the background.  Sometimes there's more effect when you just let what happening in training (men shouting instructions, picong etc) play out instead of background music all the time....especially during interviews.  THAT in particular is annoying.

But small ting really compared to all the improvements that need to be made administratively in our football. 

Jes my 2 cents.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 07:29:27 PM »
I have very little  issues with Fuentes. Knowing the situation with football in this country, videos and media are the least of our problems. He has to make a living. We don't know if TTFA pays him or the gov't pays him. But what he gets to do the media production is clearly not enough. When he puts something on-line, I take it as it is. No big deal to me.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »

Are we a high school team or a soccer mom video taping our kids after school? If no it certainly is viewed as such.

I have suggestions, tryout new people, get Mr.Fuentes some help, especially with editing. .

All that needs money & TTFA have not been paying office staff, have no phones working or fax. And you expect a first class website  ??? we lucky we not getting Morse Code

Central F.C. marketing budget: TT$000  We may not have an international standard website, but I challenge anyone to show me a club in T&T (or even the Caribbean) with greater success at building their brand over a two year period.

Much can be done with enthusiasm and imagination.

Shaun does the best he can with what he has. But there needs to be some creativity coming from the top. (I believe TTFA has a marketing dept. Maybe they are focused on promoting games etc? But I'm sure there are very creative people out there willing to work for pride, not dollars to help. I can tell you at least one forumite here who has helped Central F.C. with designs etc and only once were we able to pay that person.)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:40:55 PM by Football supporter »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
The editing pretty ok for me. What I think will make the videos better (especially promos) is the choice of the background. Just pay a little more attention to the background and it will improve the videos. Interviews, promo shots, etc, just need a bit more planning and organization.

Writing down ideas
Scout various location at different times of days
Organize assistance prior to shoot
Give interviewers copies of the questions before hand so they can have an idea

Just simple things to improve the videos that cost nothing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »
Fuentes is a red eye piece of shit.

I will never support this fool.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 07:46:23 PM »
I have very little  issues with Fuentes. Knowing the situation with football in this country, videos and media are the least of our problems. He has to make a living. We don't know if TTFA pays him or the gov't pays him. But what he gets to do the media production is clearly not enough. When he puts something on-line, I take it as it is. No big deal to me.

:bs:
Please quit trying to say these guys working for free, it's starting to get really annoying now. No one works for free. 

I say, he has to make a living. Thus, is either TTFA or the gov't paying him. We don't know. But I stand by what i say about the money for producing the videos is probably not enough for a proper online TTFA media.  When we on this forum can sponsor TTFA and demand we want better production with a Trinbago content, then we can criticize fuentes. TTFA media is the least of our problems at this moment. As far as i am concern. But we can be diplomatic,  and send ideas to him about his video productions.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:57:13 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 08:08:28 PM »

You need to tone down the emotional quotient a bit.  I offered you no excuses, I gave you fact (limited resources... meaning staff, money, time and  equipment) mixed in with opinion (he's been doing everything since inception, he crafted his responsibilities and procedures from scratch, there is no incentive to change).  I punctuated what I had to say about him by saying this:

Right or wrong, that's the situation.

Yet from that all you got was "excuses"?  Okay.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:35:42 AM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 01:54:30 PM »
He is our Media guy, but how do we get hold of him? Message him on youtube? Does he ever visit these forums? Does he even care about some of the questions we have or give SWO any sort of acknowledgement in his videos? We post all his videos here, apart from what has been said just a bit of involvement from him with the fans would be most welcomed.

I apologize for some of the comments I've made. I've edited and taken out some of my statements because I went into sam mode. The reason for that is I don't want to flame anyone or get anyone fired, I just would like him to improve. It would be nice to have one well put together video than five rushed ones.

I felt that so far there has been alot of positives in this topic apart from my raging. I will try to get hold of shawn on the youtube, maybe he will take some of my suggestions serious, or maybe he will say mind yuh own business and let me do my job, either way I will try.
And thank you to the guys who posted here, elan, bakes and the others for positive inputs!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »
He is our Media guy, but how do we get hold of him? Message him on youtube? Does he ever visit these forums? Does he even care about some of the questions we have or give SWO any sort of acknowledgement in his videos? We post all his videos here, apart from what has been said just a bit of involvement from him with the fans would be most welcomed.

I apologize for some of the comments I've made. I've edited and taken out some of my statements because I went into sam mode. The reason for that is I don't want to flame anyone or get anyone fired, I just would like him to improve. It would be nice to have one well put together video than five rushed ones.

I felt that so far there has been alot of positives in this topic apart from my raging. I will try to get hold of shawn on the youtube, maybe he will take some of my suggestions serious, or maybe he will say mind yuh own business and let me do my job, either way I will try.
And thank you to the guys who posted here, elan, bakes and the others for positive inputs!

I remember a while back when I posted a constructive comment on his YouTube page he deleted my comment and blocked me for a period of time from making future comments so I wish you good luck. Hopefully he has matured a little and will welcome constructive criticism.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
Lol... yeah I haven't exactly found him to be receptive to criticism.  SWO, no scenes  :beermug:

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:11 PM »
Socapro, I have some ideas for our own media channel for SWO via youtube and twitch.tv which will give us the fans a voice. I've already started working towards this, it will not be launched until proper permissions granted from SWO administration but every time I have to come on here and write these scappy topics, it takes time away from that.

I would of loved to launch the Raidcall chat for this upcoming womens qualification match today but there is still fine tuning to be done and it needs to be approved by the board of administrators here first. Maybe it will be approved and ready for the next major event.

Also Socapro, after reading your interaction with Mr.Shawn I have to admit it is discouraging to spend my time to write up suggestions risking my posting privileges on his youtube channel.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »
T&T = lack of everything under the sun. It may take another 150 years to come close to first world nations and even then they maybe still behind. Who to blame? and yet still people down dey quick to criticize USA and others. Get a life.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:51:24 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »
T&T = lack of everything under the sun. It may take another 150 years to come close to first world nations and even then they maybe still behind. Who to blame? and yet still people down dey quick to criticize USA and others. Get a life.

how they lack everything under the sun? We have Kentucky, McDonalds, TGIC,cable tv,CNN, etc everything american!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 07:30:06 PM »
I have some ideas for our own media channel for SWO via youtube and twitch.tv which will give us the fans a voice. I've already started working towards this, it will not be launched until proper permissions

Breds, if you can do that, that will be super.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 05:20:09 AM »
The guys does not get paid by the TTFA?

Maye this will explain why he writes more for the Guardian that he do for the TTFA.

TTFA is so poorly managed.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 02:46:01 PM »
All dem people on GATE and whatever else government scholarships all dese years coulda....shoulda.....coulda....shoulda be utilized for "free" in various capacities in football, cricket, badminton, etc and in different ministries in general.........but that would require some brainpower in utilizing resources correctly instead of tiefing and scheming.........

1]; } ?>